OOC Chat

okies shirochankun! <3

and Drain... hmm i was thinking about using that ability for a villain...

so... xD  maybe i can figure out a workaround.. lol

I was going to have my character go to Souldew since no one else really was, but seing as now more people are, I'll just lame it out until the end and go with the one with the less people to even it out a bit.

Also, I'm going with plants.

@Thalia_Neko I was thinking my character's ability would be his body being slime because his SE fucked up his biology that hard. It's kind of far-fetched, so I wanted to run it bayou to make sure.

plants is a good power ^^
Yeah, I think they'll work well with the type of character I was thinking of using. He's a pacifist, but not a true one persay. Like he won't directly harm someone or something, but he's more of an apathetic pacifist, so he'd be all like, "I'm gonna put all theses spikey plants and stuff in your way, and if you happen to run into one of them and hurt yourself, that's on you."

@Thalia_Neko I was thinking my character's ability would be his body being slime because his SE fucked up his biology that hard. It's kind of far-fetched, so I wanted to run it bayou to make sure.

Um it is sorta farfetched, but i suppose its ok lol

Yeah, I think they'll work well with the type of character I was thinking of using. He's a pacifist, but not a true one persay. Like he won't directly harm someone or something, but he's more of an apathetic pacifist, so he'd be all like, "I'm gonna put all theses spikey plants and stuff in your way, and if you happen to run into one of them and hurt yourself, that's on you."

haha mkay ^^

well, i mean it like this...

in conversations, you don't 'do' anything, do you? you just talk to the person, yeah? obviously there might be things like blushing etc but still.

in fights, as a DnD player, i only tend to do an action or two. i feel like any more than that and it becomes powerplaying, you see? of course, i'd describe what a move looks like but yeah.

well, i mean it like this...

in conversations, you don't 'do' anything, do you? you just talk to the person, yeah? obviously there might be things like blushing etc but still.

in fights, as a DnD player, i only tend to do an action or two. i feel like any more than that and it becomes powerplaying, you see? of course, i'd describe what a move looks like but yeah.

How about character thoughts? Words? Scenery description? Blocking? Effort description? Flashbacks? Metaphors? 

There is a numberless amount of things you could do without saying anything about the opponent. 

thoughts take time to think, no? so in battle, not something they would do. i don't control the scenery and it is entirely possible i wouldn't know where my character is (because i tend to 'wander' to interact with people), blocking is still technically an action, and flashbacks are similar to thoughts.

You can certainly put thoughts down, observations, describe the scenery, area, battle, other person, the state of your characters mind, stuff like that

i suppose, but i still wouldn't be writing paragraph upon paragraphs of text in those situations. im sorry if that offends you in any way, but its the way ive been doing it for ages and it works for me so yeah.

thoughts take time to think, no? so in battle, not something they would do. i don't control the scenery and it is entirely possible i wouldn't know where my character is (because i tend to 'wander' to interact with people), blocking is still technically an action, and flashbacks are similar to thoughts.

Yes thoughts take time to think. But thoughts also happen at the same time as the action , plus during resting points (if your fights never had breather moments, you're doing something wrong) and thinking happens over twenty times faster than actual talking . Plus thoughts could just be observations, those don't take time.

you don't have to control the scenery to describe it...

i don't mean the action blocking I mean blocking the act of mentioning the relative position of things, namely characters, to each other and the setting.

If you don't know where your own character is, that's a problem

flasbacks aren't something that actually occurs, they are just a memory for the character , like a feeling on the back of their heads and boom memory, only to the reader will you have anything further.

All Im saying is each post should be at least a paragraph. Its really not hard. :)

If you cant think of anything, then you could put like a scene from your characters past flashing through their mind, or something. Really anything works. A single paragraph isn't too troublesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back