ooc ❆

Wait now I have another choice to make... ghost or sorcerer?

or maybe i should make two characters...

but that's so much work...

Wait now I have another choice to make... ghost or sorcerer?

or maybe i should make two characters...

but that's so much work...

mmm, sorcerer, since Draco and I were worried about dealing with various ghost mechanics (and whether or not they'd really fit for a romance roleplay), so ghosts are intended as more of an NPC happenstance than straight-up characters. I think this was mentioned in the interest check, and if it's not in the rules/references thread as a result of that conversation, that's my bad! (however, if you'd like to pitch us an idea for a ghost character in the character feedback thread, we're not opposed to that!)

still, I was liking the sound of an ice sorcerer (can you imagine the looks people would give you during a snowstorm? LOL)

mmm, sorcerer, since Draco and I were worried about dealing with various ghost mechanics (and whether or not they'd really fit for a romance roleplay), so ghosts are intended as more of an NPC happenstance than straight-up characters. I think this was mentioned in the interest check, and if it's not in the rules/references thread as a result of that conversation, that's my bad! (however, if you'd like to pitch us an idea for a ghost character in the character feedback thread, we're not opposed to that!)

still, I was liking the sound of an ice sorcerer (can you imagine the looks people would give you during a snowstorm? LOL)

XD i guess i'll go with ice sorcerer then :3

QUICK INPUT REQUEST FROM THOSE WITH CHILD CHARACTERS which are oddly popular in the best way ;

@JPax @Smol Unicorn

Draco and I were considering either designating a separate thread for parent/child combo interactions with each other (which would be restricted to part or parts of Brooklyn, rather than the borough as a whole) or simply making a locations list that includes and specifies a few kid-friendly places for reference, since all of our single parents take being such very seriously! it would kind of just be a fun way for the parents to emphasize on "hey, you want to date me? you must be approved by my child first" and such!

(speaking of the children, though, the parents & their kids may already know each other?? all being residents of Brooklyn, though it also depends a little on how long everyone has lived there and whether or not we should just zone the kids for the same school LOL)

edit ; anyway, I'm on a time crunch, since I leave in half an hour, so I'll see you all later & continue being grateful to have Draco as my co-GM =v=

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wisp sorry but you don't have my support, I'd like to interact just as normal with a child rather than be pushed off to the side with whatever kid friendly things are gonna be there. 

@Wisp sorry but you don't have my support, I'd like to interact just as normal with a child rather than be pushed off to the side with whatever kid friendly things are gonna be there. 

oh yeah no like!! mm I don't think i worded the idea right? this would be more if it becomes long-term.

I'm on mobile rn so I don't think it'll be any easier to explain? but tyvm for your input! we'll just scrap that if I'm interpreting Smol's like on the post correctly ^o^

oh yeah no like!! mm I don't think i worded the idea right? this would be more if it becomes long-term.

I'm on mobile rn so I don't think it'll be any easier to explain? but tyvm for your input! we'll just scrap that if I'm interpreting Smol's like on the post correctly ^o^

No, you worded it just fine actually. I just didn't find the concept as something appealing.

honestly, I've personally been fretting over "do we do too much??" with reviewing people's characters, though I know that being able to bounce things with Draco and get your guys' input on our input really makes it more like we wanted this to be, which is just smoothing out the edges so there's no questions and such. (and also why I'd like to see this roleplay find a way to go long-term, so that we can keep seeing and using all of these nice characters that everyone has * ^*)

@Wisp @Dracogenius

I'll address this right here, by avoiding the question a little to deliver insight. There's a difference between enforcing guidelines and being straight up nitpicky when someone comes up with a slightly edgy character ("edge cases"), and then proceeding to go as far as breaking the character. Now, most GMs I've RPed with do not like dealing with edge cases, so they simply pool them back with the common masses. ( @Salex The Baldie's character is where I've noticed this. A 23 year old lawyer really can work, but it has its own consequences. Most GMs will say you can't have a 23 year old lawyer. Me, and some others, will request there be a change but if the change doesn't want to be applied, then the change won't have to. However, I would remind them that there are consequences they must keep in mind, and state in the CS [a young lawyer won't be trusted with as many serious as a seasoned lawyer would] and would ask them to make appropriate changes.) 

Now, I'm understanding that there are other GM styles with RPs that cannot support edge cases, and that's completely up to your discretion. I can't expect everyone to share the same style of GMing as me, and that's also fine. So, this 'smoothing out of edges' is, to be frank, too much for some who have unusual characters. Then again, I understand if you don't want an RP full of special snowflakes, and want to avoid that from the start.

Tl;dr: Yeah, while your criticism isn't harmful, it's a little too much and, in some ways, superficial.

I could go on, but I don't even know if you'll accept this or call me out for being rude (it happens a lot, and I don't apologize that I don't care. You requested feedback and this is what you'll get from me. There is nothing personal in criticism, and I have nothing against either of you as people.)

HI OKAY SO MOBILE SUCKS and that's really hard to read on here (that's not on you, just for me on a phone w/ this zoom), but I don't want you to think you're being ignored or anything, so also v sorry that I can't ping you from mobile ;;

as soon as I can get on my laptop I'll be able to read your post better, but from the small gist I could get at the moment (curse this small screen), I can personally say I really appreciate any feedback from you guys, and I'm not going to kick you out for expressing an opinion! I know sometimes I can nitpick, which is why I try to make suggestions and leave it open for you guys to say "no" and tell me why.

can't contact Draco atm but when I'm on my laptop I can!

that's the most I can say until I can read it fully instead of in pieces, but, didn't want to leave you hanging!

@JPax HELLO I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY, here I am now!!

now that I can read the whole thing without a great deal of scrolling, it looks like I may have already addressed things?

if I'm wrong and missed something, I'm sorry about that - it's been a long day & I'm known to incorrectly process things as it is (which is why I often run things through Draco & ask you guys for clarification on things)

@JPax HELLO I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY, here I am now!!

now that I can read the whole thing without a great deal of scrolling, it looks like I may have already addressed things?

if I'm wrong and missed something, I'm sorry about that - it's been a long day & I'm known to incorrectly process things as it is (which is why I often run things through Draco & ask you guys for clarification on things)

As long as you benefitted from the suggestion.

okay so, before I forget - @Smol Unicorn as soon as Draco is on, I can go over things with them and make sure you're all clear and get your characters linked up!

@Unimaginable_16 & @FireFlare - I believe you're the only ones we haven't heard anything from? we're also missing one other person from the initial check, whose invite is in limbo, but you two did accept the invite, so just checking in! (just need to know if you're still interested - which it's fine if you're not! - and what's going on in general.)

and for everyone - if any of you know someone who might be interested in joining, feel free to send them a link to the roleplay! the interest check hasn't drawn any other players, and I'm going to go ahead and lift the character cap soon. (for those who are interested in expanding their cast more, like Draco and I are! I'm also going to get Lindy & Rory done tonight, so they'll be out of the way.)

@Dracogenius O N L Y  I F  T H E Y  G E T  A  P R O F I L E

on a serious note, yes, time to lift the cap as soon as it's midnight here. this rp has been shaken like a finely chosen coke bottle.

I left the computer to get tea and came back to see thd cap has been lifted owo

I'm going to add the 141 other characters I have listed in my Google Docs right now.

m y  h e r o

BY THE WAY... since Ariel is a guardian angel, they need someone that they're supposed to watch over - it's a recent assignment, hence Ariel only just now arriving in the physical plane, so...

I was thinking that maybe Mina or Chander would be cute to use that with? Ariel still needs to track their charge down and figure out how to integrate into their life to act as a proper guardian angel without being obvious about it,

m y  h e r o

BY THE WAY... since Ariel is a guardian angel, they need someone that they're supposed to watch over - it's a recent assignment, hence Ariel only just now arriving in the physical plane, so...

I was thinking that maybe Mina or Chander would be cute to use that with? Ariel still needs to track their charge down and figure out how to integrate into their life to act as a proper guardian angel without being obvious about it,

That sounds awesome, I am so down for it! OwO

That sounds awesome, I am so down for it! OwO

NICE

okay so uh, any idea which one would be better for the task? as a guardian angel, Ariel would be assigned in a time of need, and their assignment may not even last the duration of the person's life.

(quite easily, the storm would be the perfect excuse for Ariel to be sent to watch over one of the kids...or even both of them? hmm.)

Speaking of 141 characters . . . (like a few posts ago)

I am contemplating on my next character (or two, but ideally I would prefer to stick with one more until more players arrive and see how many characters they do; don't wanna drop anyone out).

However I am not sure which one I wish to do... So I'm gonna dump my options into a spoiler and opinions and appreciated! I'm also open to different ideas.

ngl my ideas are just "what do we have the least of" and i don't mind if you guys take some of the stuff ✨

> some guy who was an asshole in his previous life given the chance to redeem himself by carrying out one or a couple of good deeds through his life

consider it like this though: he probably was a cheater, encouraged cheating, or maybe just stole things idk, or purposely spoiled relationships with people, and ends up having to encourage relationships and help people find their "one". okay, maybe not that exactly but still.

> alas i can also do a demon because ya'll are having angels and someone needs to be an asshole.

actually, no. no one needs to be an asshole. they only want to be an asshole.

> a foreign student who is snowed in new york and everything is going down on his luck tbh

first of all, let's just say his term is about to start and he's not gonna be present for it so he's gotta drop it bc maybe his teachers aren't having it. and perhaps he's staying with his family, who are constantly arguing, or stayed with a partner and they got into an argument, so now he's gotta "be a burden" on a friend.

> a cat

i wasn't joking. probably be some kind of apprentice, partner to alex's father, who i now just decided to name dorian. the dad's name dorian. whoopie i guess,not that it matters but anyways. or a familiar. i still have to pan out the details, but cat man basically.

> a male to female character

might make my next character this tbh despite the pronouns i used previously and the situations given.

Users who are viewing this thread