• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Online/Texting PLOTS

Xylona

ur not a ghost, i'm not afraid of u
Alright, hey guys! So look, usually I RP in multi para/novella form. I love writing, and I'm usually pretty detailed about it. That being said, I've been wanting to try something new. ("Play Mystic Messenger", they said. "It'll be fun!" They said. Now they've got me changing everything about myself.) ANYWAY, I'm wanting to try something text/chat related, in first person present tense. *shudder* Usually those are two writing styles I avoid. But I've been curious, and I'd love to really become a character. As RpN doesn't exactly have a chat function, I'd prefer to do this over Discord or Skype.

Basically, we'd be chatting back and forth as our characters. It'd be pretty fast paced when we're both active, and a little slower when we aren't. I suppose this technically counts as one-liner Rp, which I've never done before, but executed in a thoughtful and detail oriented way. Not sure why I'm just really craving this type of RP but I know that something really cool could come out of it. Depending on how committed we are, we could even conjure up some fake social media accounts for the characters, or something like that to make it seem more authentic. I dunno! If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them as well.

typing-indicator.gif

Cool, now let's get to the plots!

Penpals: Two collaborating universities in different countries decide to give out a pen pal assignment, pairing up students to work together on their final exam about cultural differences. They're given the entirety of the fifteen week semester to get to know each other and write an essay based off of what they learned. Perhaps they hit it off right away, and find that they have a lot in common. Or, perhaps they're total opposites, but have no choice but to work together for the sake of their grade. Overall the assignment is pretty simple-- as most things are until romance gets involved. Is it possible to fall in love with someone thousands of miles away?

Love, Your Hater: Muse A has been posting a novel that they're writing on the internet. They've been getting more and more viewers, as well as likes and positive feedback. But recently, a private account has been leaving some pretty rude messages on their chapters. Finally, after months of trying to ignore this one hateful person (Muse B), they decide to shoot this person a private message.

I Love You: One day, Muse A get's a random message saying, "I love you." from a username that they don't recognize. It turns out that the sender had the wrong username, but rather than ending the conversation with an apology, the two continue talking. Perhaps starting with "I love you" doesn't always scare people away.. But who were they actually trying to send that to?

The Cube: Muse A and Muse B are contestants on a reality show called "The Cube", where they're put into a small cube-like apartment for an entire month. For that entire month, they have nothing except a disposable phone with one phone number in it, each other's. If they can live in the cube for an entire month without anything to do except text each other, they'll win $10,000. As it turns out, staying in a solitary cube for 31 days isn't nearly as easy as it sounds.. But if one of them drops out, the other gets $20,000. Will they help each other stay in the game, or will they try to drive the other to quit?

So yeah, there they are! I'll be adding more plots as I get them! As far as characters go, I'm willing to play either gender. (Though if two billion people come at me wanting to play the female, I might explode so of there's anyone else willing to play a male for once I'll actually marry you.) Also! If there's anyone wanting to double up on this I'm 100% down. I prefer mxf pairings, just because I don't execute m// or f// well. I still want this to be a detailed roleplay in the sense of character development, and we could still add some normal RP elements on the side as well. We can still come up with events that affect the story, and all that other fun stuff. I'm really wanting to do this, so if anyone's interested, feel free to drop down below or shoot me a PM!

Also, I know this isn't the group interest check thread, but if anyone would want to try and co-GM something in a group chat format, that's also something I'm wanting to do so get in touch with me about that if it interests you at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back