• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic One Small Step (Space Exploration/Adventure RP)

She looked at Iri slumping down in defeat. "At least it didn't escalate any further." She was far happier they weren't late for the briefing, as Ari had a hangover as well and that wouldn't sit very well with him

Ari poured himself something to drink. "Too early for this, but not surprised in the least......." He took a sip. "What's the mission?"
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
FireMaiden FireMaiden
Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly
FTR FTR

"It's definitely too early to drink, but can I have some too?"

Bailey Grayson
She turned once she heard Iridesence say her name. "Hmm?" She didn't really ask what she wanted, but she made that sound everyone makes wgen they wanna know what's up. Though she did wonder what happened to Ground Team. Iri started,but than said her name, which is something she was pretty sure never happened. "What happened to Ground Team?" FTR FTR

Mk VIII Gen III MOD 5 upgraded Battle Drone Serial #291, locally known as Cyclops, had sat idly in the far right corner of the bridge close to the door, like always.
Picking up the beginning of the briefing he decided to join the rest and seem less like a robot freak listening in from across the room.
"Operations with the Pathfinder's Corps of the Marine Corps Department of the Navy under the United Governments were distinctly different from various peacekeeping and wartime deployments under the same branches." He said to Bailey's comment. "However, these pathfinding missions were for reconnaissance and land survey. Wartime objectives, trailblazing. It'd be wise to assume colonization-centric pathfinding under the Galactic Federation will be objectively different."
He stood statuesque in the group, only a slight whirring audible from his internals.

@ all y'all

Last edited:
Iridescence wasn't trying to talk, she just wanted to do what she'd been told and get it out of the way. She obviously didn't want to stay on Tyr's bad side.
She more or less ignored her question and went to remove her helmet as a gesture of sincerity. Upon removal her hair fell bent and matted to her shoulders, having dried in her helmet. Holding the ALLSIGHT on her hip she went to apologize.
"Rank and status aside, I was out of line, even in this lax civilian setting. I just wanted to apologize for my behavior. I hope we can put this behind us and start anew."
She brought her hand towards Bailey in greeting.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Berzog woke up in a heap crumpled against the wall of the tech lab. He could hear what sounded like a pretty pissed Tyr in the cargo bay, but couldn't make out what the Captain was saying over a headache that flared whenever he spoke. Berzog got up to get breakfast, but nearly ran into the wall when he was leaving the lab, since his left eye wouldn't open properly. Upon further inspection in the mirror of the bathroom across the hall, Berzog saw that the eye in question was swollen shut and the skin around it was discolored.
The Grinorr engineer remembered turning off the inertia damper in the tech lab the night before in order to test the personal one he created, but didn't recall retiring to his bed. That meant that he probably fell asleep while working on it, and that a) the ship jumped and he got thrown against the wall without waking somehow, resulting in the black eye, and b) his damper worked to some degree, because Berzog would've been a stain on the wall if it didn't, but that was little consolation. If he were crushed by g-forces, he wouldn't have this massive headache.
Berzog wandered into the kitchen holding a towel over his eye dyed bright blue with medical gel, where he found Win making something that probably wasn't breakfast. "Hey, Win," the Grinorr said. "Not to bother you, but do you have anything for headaches? Like a tea or something? I'd ask Sheikra, but I have no idea where she is, so I figured you're my best bet."
Zelda18 Zelda18 VanRIPPED VanRIPPED (Mentioned)

Bailey Grayson
She cocked her eyebrow,but took her hand and shook it, "You know, Tyr is the only one with an offical rank here. The rest are just...jobs. Plus, if I remeber correctly, we were both Commanders," She stated. It was true,he was the only one with a rank. "But, yeah sure. Let's start over. I don't mind," She said, cracking the slightest smile. FTR FTR

(Eh, I have an idea. I shall be open for interaction)

Shiekra was in her med lab (do I call it that?), sitting in a chair after creating many healing caps. Now that was done, and nobody seemed to be in need at the moment, she opened a drawer and grabbed a book she was reading. Currently, it was one of those steamy romance-type books. She was halfway into it, and so far she liked it. The particular love scenes were like not too detailed smut, but enough detail to know what was going on. And the story line was neat too, this one specifically about a knight and a princess.
It didnt take her long to get completely lost in the book, her eyes darting left to right as she read.

Iridescence smiled, relieved by the grace Bailey showed in accepting her apology. It spoke well of her character which really sat well with Iridescence. It looked like a new beginning but in reality what had just happened was Bailey had proven to be less rigid than she had initially thought and she was just gonna be more subtle with her drilling under Bailey's skin, fishing for reactions.
Eventually, she'd grow on her or eventually Bailey would open up a whoopass canister. Time will tell.
For now, Iridescence was just happy to have gotten Tyr off her back without Bailey rubbing her face in the mud when she had the chance. A mistake.
"Great! Hey, we're both commanders?" She said happily. "Go Navy! What rate?"
She almost immediately went back to raillery. It was like a fundamental facet of her being.
"Other than black shoe, ahmm...." She pretended to hide with a cough, following up with a smile. Her intent is always poking fun, trying to get under people's skin then get them used to, get them to lighten up.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Bailey Grayson
She cocked her eyebrow,but took her hand and shook it, "You know, Tyr is the only one with an offical rank here. The rest are just...jobs. Plus, if I remeber correctly, we were both Commanders," She stated. It was true,he was the only one with a rank. "But, yeah sure. Let's start over. I don't mind," She said, cracking the slightest smile. FTR FTR
'JUST LET IT SLIDE' Tyr mouthed from a distance. He was currently checking over some e-mails on the navigation terminal.
'SHE JUST WANTS TO GET TO KNOW YOU AS YOU, NOT AS A CO-WORKER'

"It's definitely too early to drink, but can I have some too?"
Ari held out the cup to her. The cup was half drained, which, considering how long Ari had it tilted, he had filled it up "You can kill it if you want. We need to hurry up and land."

"I almost miss being able to drink (alcohol), then I remember the repercussions and think otherwise." Atrurius spoke to himself mor than anyone else, but it was still spoken aloud. He caught Tyr's debrief and would have rolled his eyes in exasperation, if he had any. A path finding mission was going to be boring; just testing for the same things over and over again on who knows how many different worlds. "Is there any particular reason why the Aquarius was chosen first to do this, Captain? Aren't there better suited ships and crews to do the job?"

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer
((and y'all))

Ari held out the cup to her. The cup was half drained, which, considering how long Ari had it tilted, he had filled it up "You can kill it if you want. We need to hurry up and land."

She did what she was told and downed the whole thing. "That was good." She looked at the coordinates. "Pilot, we're approaching our destination."

FTR FTR

Win Emerson

Win winced as a voice came from behind him, managing to drop his ladle in a pot of broth he was bringing to a boil with a very unmanly squeak of surprise. He felt his face heat up in embarrassment as he turned to face Berzog with a sheepish smile. It took him a moment to fish the ladle out of the very hot soup, after which he wiped his hands on his apron and pulled a kettle out of an open cabinet.

"Of course," he replied easily, going about the long process of making the only tea he knew of that relieved pain for Grinorrs. They were a hard species to cook for, but he appreciated the request. It was rare he got to be useful aside from making sure everyone stuck to their diet.

"What happened to you, man?" He asked in concern as he ground up the necessary herbs to make the strong tea. He didn't really know Berzog very well, but it didn't occur to him it might be impolite to ask about his injury. He wasn't the best at filtering his thoughts before they left his mouth.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

(Eh, I have an idea. I shall be open for interaction)

Shiekra was in her med lab (do I call it that?), sitting in a chair after creating many healing caps. Now that was done, and nobody seemed to be in need at the moment, she opened a drawer and grabbed a book she was reading. Currently, it was one of those steamy romance-type books. She was halfway into it, and so far she liked it. The particular love scenes were like not too detailed smut, but enough detail to know what was going on. And the story line was neat too, this one specifically about a knight and a princess.
It didnt take her long to get completely lost in the book, her eyes darting left to right as she read.
Willow walked into the lab. "Hello Ms. Shiekra. We're approaching our coordinates. You should come listen to the briefing."

She did what she was told and downed the whole thing. "That was good." She looked at the coordinates. "Pilot, we're approaching our destination."

FTR FTR
Ari looked at her down the alcohol. With a quickness, she did. "Downing it that fast? Tell me how you really feel."

Willow walked into the lab. "Hello Ms. Shiekra. We're approaching our coordinates. You should come listen to the briefing."

Ari looked at her down the alcohol. With a quickness, she did. "Downing it that fast? Tell me how you really feel."

"What do you mean? I want to calm down and I need to get drunk to be able to handle some of the crazy people on this ship."

Shiekra looked up, "Oh, I must have missed some info about a mission. I was unaware there was a briefing going on" She said, closing her book. "Right in the middle of a good part too." She said to herself, standing up. "Thank you Willow" She said with a smile, making her way to the door.

Iridescence smiled, relieved by the grace Bailey showed in accepting her apology. It spoke well of her character which really sat well with Iridescence. It looked like a new beginning but in reality what had just happened was Bailey had proven to be less rigid than she had initially thought and she was just gonna be more subtle with her drilling under Bailey's skin, fishing for reactions.
Eventually, she'd grow on her or eventually Bailey would open up a whoopass canister. Time will tell.
For now, Iridescence was just happy to have gotten Tyr off her back without Bailey rubbing her face in the mud when she had the chance. A mistake.
"Great! Hey, we're both commanders?" She said happily. "Go Navy! What rate?"
She almost immediately went back to raillery. It was like a fundamental facet of her being.
"Other than black shoe, ahmm...." She pretended to hide with a cough, following up with a smile. Her intent is always poking fun, trying to get under people's skin then get them used to, get them to lighten up.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Bailey Grayson
"Fuck if I remember. I didn't exactly pay attention to it," She said with a shrug,running a hand through her hair. Iri would probaly see a few rather thin,and faded scars on the left side of her forehead as she did this. Bailey's eyes were on Tyr as he mouthed something, though she did hear the polit's comment. But she chose to ignore it. "Seems we're almost there, you may wanna go do your job. Make sure we don't crash and all that."

Iridescence stifled a laugh. "You don't remember you're rate?" She stared at her expecting a "ha, jk." Or something but didn't receive one. "Really?...huh, ok..." She said a bit confused. Having been still trying to make eye contact with her, she noticed Bailey's scarring again. Iridescence thought she'd read something about a head injury but there were dozens of pages in her medical folder, she'd only skimmed the first few. Debating just asking her, Iridescence was caught a bit off by Arabelle calling her to the cockpit. She almost blushed realizing she'd probably looked super weird just staring intently at Bailey and slammed her helmet back on.
"Roger Dodger!" She sang, quickly making her way back to the pilot seat. She vaulted over the back of the chair to land in the seat and immediately went to work.

"OK people! We're about to enter orbit, take a seat and buckle in! From what I'm getting on the instruments this planets field is a wily one. Must be fairly young...." She nimbly worked several different interfaces at once as she brought the ship into orbit with the planet. "What's the g-value for this rock?" She asked her co-pilot, needing the measurement in g-force to be able to decide what angle to hit. "Belle, I'm not sure navigations should be drinking while we're in the middle of processes to enter atmosphere. You have to scan for debris remember? I can only see so far and at the speed we're going....well..." She warned. She continued bringing the ship, neutrally, into a closer orbit with the giant planet, to wait for the information she needed. Suddenly the ship bucked to the left, throwing anyone not in a seat off balance. There was a sudden, brief blaring of warnings before the everything returned to normal just as fast as it had changed.
"What the-" Iridescence asked silently as she checked for damage or source of impact.
"Captain, gravitational anomaly off starboard!"
Something seemed to have pushed them.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer P Paint The Wind @ the rest of the crew

Last edited:
Iridescence stifled a laugh. "You don't remember you're rate?" She stared at her expecting a "ha, jk." Or something but didn't receive one. "Really?...huh, ok..." She said a bit confused. Having been still trying to make eye contact with her, she noticed Bailey's scarring again. Iridescence thought she'd read something about a head injury but there were dozens of pages in her medical folder, she'd only skimmed the first few. Debating just asking her, Iridescence was caught a bit off by Arabelle calling her to the cockpit. She almost blushed realizing she'd probably looked super weird just staring intently at Bailey and slammed her helmet back on.
"Roger Dodger!" She sang, quickly making her way back to the pilot seat. She vaulted over the back of the chair to land in the seat and immediately went to work.

"OK people! We're about to enter orbit, take a seat and buckle in! From what I'm getting on the instruments this planets field is a wily one. Must be fairly young...." She nimbly worked several different interfaces at once as she brought the ship into orbit with the planet. "What's the g-value for this rock?" She asked her co-pilot, needing the measurement in g-force to be able to decide what angle to hit. "Belle, I'm not sure navigations should be drinking while we're entering in the processes of entering atmosphere. You have to scan for debris remember? I can only see so far and at the speed we're going....well..." She warned. She continued bringing the ship, neutrally, into a closer orbit with the giant planet, to wait for the information she needed. Suddenly the ship bucked to the left, throwing anyone not in a seat off balance. There was a sudden, brief blaring of warnings before the everything returned to normal just as fast as it had changed.
"What the-" Iridescence asked silently as she checked for damage or source of impact.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer P Paint The Wind @ the rest of the crew

"Sorry, that was irresponsible of me." She looked at her instruments when they were pushed over. She stared and frowned. "Nothing is being picked up on my radar, I don't know what that was. Coordinates are still locked."

Bailey Grayson
Yeah, it was pretty weird she didn't know, but she really had forgotten. Part of some weird Asari coping thing, that made her try to forget what she felt wasn't important. I mean, it worked, but in the wrong way. When she glanced back at Iri, there was the staring. Bailey would have told what those scars were from of she had asked. Though they would have to happen later as she rushed off to do her job. But anyone who read her medical record, which Iri wasn't lying about how long it was, they'd know it was scaring from the last wound her step father have her. In fact, the first three pages were just full of injuries from when she was living with him.

Win Emerson

Win winced as a voice came from behind him, managing to drop his ladle in a pot of broth he was bringing to a boil with a very unmanly squeak of surprise. He felt his face heat up in embarrassment as he turned to face Berzog with a sheepish smile. It took him a moment to fish the ladle out of the very hot soup, after which he wiped his hands on his apron and pulled a kettle out of an open cabinet.

"Of course," he replied easily, going about the long process of making the only tea he knew of that relieved pain for Grinorrs. They were a hard species to cook for, but he appreciated the request. It was rare he got to be useful aside from making sure everyone stuck to their diet.

"What happened to you, man?" He asked in concern as he ground up the necessary herbs to make the strong tea. He didn't really know Berzog very well, but it didn't occur to him it might be impolite to ask about his injury. He wasn't the best at filtering his thoughts before they left his mouth.

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
"I screwed with the settings in the tech lab and fell asleep without changing them back," Berzog explained. "I was thrown against the wall or something when the ship jumped, but I was-" His explanation was cut short when the ship lurched, but he was conscious this time and able to catch himself. After regaining his balance, Berzog shouted over the intercom, "What was that? I've already experienced two painful injuries today and we haven't even got to the planet yet!"

"I screwed with the settings in the tech lab and fell asleep without changing them back," Berzog explained. "I was thrown against the wall or something when the ship jumped, but I was-" His explanation was cut short when the ship lurched, but he was conscious this time and able to catch himself. After regaining his balance, Berzog shouted over the intercom, "What was that? I've already experienced two painful injuries today and we haven't even got to the planet yet!"

"Working on it!" Arabelle called back to Berzog. "Just stay on alert for a little bit until we figure this out, and sit your ass down! We're landing soon."

"OK people! We're about to enter orbit, take a seat and buckle in! From what I'm getting on the instruments this planets field is a wily one. Must be fairly young...." She nimbly worked several different interfaces at once as she brought the ship into orbit with the planet. "What's the g-value for this rock?" She asked her co-pilot, needing the measurement in g-force to be able to decide what angle to hit. "Belle, I'm not sure navigations should be drinking while we're in the middle of processes to enter atmosphere. You have to scan for debris remember? I can only see so far and at the speed we're going....well..." She warned. She continued bringing the ship, neutrally, into a closer orbit with the giant planet, to wait for the information she needed. Suddenly the ship bucked to the left, throwing anyone not in a seat off balance. There was a sudden, brief blaring of warnings before the everything returned to normal just as fast as it had changed.

Tyr had felt the hit, and quickly rushed from his cabin in the back towards the bridge. That damn bump made him spill his tea all over himself.
"I read you loud and clear, Iri! I'm heading to the bridge as we speak. Put shields up at 50 percent, and put guns online." He said, as he tapped into the comms. "I wanna know which planet we're near. Depending on the quadrant, we might be in space pirate territory."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back