• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic One Small Step (Space Exploration/Adventure RP)

Shiekra was heading to the bridge, her thoughts kind of roaming when she felt she ship jerk. As it jerked she was taking a step, so guess who went falling all over the place like an idiot. What stopped her was a heavily armored body. But whoever she hit was a brick wall, she didnt cause them to stumble or anything. She just bounced off and fell over, landing on her ass. "What the fuck was that goddammit?!" She cursed, "Damn ship jerks outta fuckin nowhere!!" FTR FTR

When the ship jerked, Arturius remained perfectly upright and his body followed the movement of the ship without resistance. He had anchored his suit to the floor subconsciously when he'd landed earlier and took a moment to watch everyone stumble with a snicker before he got serious and let his more adult-like self take over. He lifted up and flew up behind the Captain and waited silently for any orders. There was any number of actions he could take to help defend the ship, attack or no, but was willing to follow the Captain's orders, even if he was already calculating an optimum course of action with the ongoing data input from Iridescence and Arabelle's findings.

"Gravitational anomaly detected off starboard hull. Source and damage sustained undetermined as of yet." Cyclops stated as he turned and helped Shiekra up off the floor, lifting her up perhaps at bit too fast by her arm and up off her feet. He inspected her incredibly thoroughly with his multifarious optics even emitting a red scanning beam on her, before dropping her back to her feet. "Frontal collision with hard surface, zero injuries sustained, superficial redness, vitals......" He stopped for a very brief moment to download the proper medical journals to accurately deduce what normal is to a Nyxara. "...normal. You are clear to resume duties, Medical Officer, Shiekra." He dropped her again.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

Shiekra barely had enough time to react before she was picked up, "Hey!" She protested, getting a look at who she had bumped into and who was holding her up. It was the battle drone, Cyclops. Now his actions could be understood, since he wasnt too keen on proper actions for the situation outside of battle. When he put her down, she huffed and crossed her arms. "Cyclops, you really shouldnt pick someone up like that. Especially that fast, and with your strength you could dislocate their shoulder" She said, noting her own shoulder.

"Impossible. Force utilized to lift, Medical Officer Shiekra, was 3 kilograms below value for joint integrity failure." He quickly responded, almost cutting Shiekra off. "Incident report states no sustained injuries. Would you like to see the report?" He said, quoting and then offering to show her what he just told her just a few moments ago.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

"Well at least you can calculate how much force you need to use to pick up an ally" She said, mostly to herself. "Wait, no, I dont want to see the report. You told me, and its not like you would lie or something" She said. "But even if you couldnt hurt anyone by lifting them up, you could surprise them. Usually you would help someone up and ask 'are you alright?'" She explained.

He looked at her dead still for a moment, lenses in his "eye" audibly focusing and adjusting, multiple "roach brain" processors whirring in his body, before finally saying.
"Why?"

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

"Because its the nicer thing to do. And try not to be so rough with grabbing them." She explained. "Say if you were knocked over, I wouldnt just look at you and say 'get up, you're fine', I would ask if you were alright."

"Unreliable, inaccurate, unnecessary." He stated plainly at her argument. "My sensors can more effectively detect damage sustained, that is then to be relayed to Medical Officer Shiekra." He said, reciting what he was told to do by Captain Tyr. "Primacy operations places courtesy #183 in priority."
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

"No no no, you arent getting my point Cyclops! And dont call me by my full title, just all me Sheikra okay?" She sighed. "My point is, I dont care if its unnecessary, you do it because its nice goddammit" She said.

Cyclops once again looked dead at Shiekra, very quickly weighed every one of his actions and calculated the outcome of possible scenarios. Deciding it as in everyone's best interest to cease this back and forth and her being technically more sentient, he ceded as per directives and said. "Understood. Courtesy re-designated top priority." He declared, obviously missing her point. "How are you,...Shiekra?"

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

Sheikra sighed. "I'm glad you are listening to me, but you arent getting me. Courtesy shouldnt be a priority it should be a habit, something you do automatically." She said. "Take down that priority, put it back where it was, and react accordingly. I told you everything you should do. Now, I will fall down and you do what I told you to do before okay?" And she just plopped back down on her ass and looked up at Cyclops expectantly.

Cyclops very slowly and carefully picked Shiekra up the exact same way he had before and asked. "Are you alright?" as he re-scanned her, saying aloud what he was documenting as an exercise just as he had for the incident report, ignoring whatever she responded. He then dropped her again, returning to his neutral stance, waiting for her verdict.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

FTR FTR

She sighed. "Well that's a start" SHe muttered. She was on a mission now, she was going to teach a robot how to have a bit more sentient habits. "Okay, good fixing the grip, but helping someone up as just helping them to their feet and not holding them off the ground by their arm" She said, crossing her arms. "And listen to their response, you dont ask them if they're alright than ignore them. That would be like me asking you if you were missing say an arm and then just walking off"

Cyclops understood the first part but he didn't like hypotheticals, they were hardly ever elucidated to his preference. ".....And this would be....not courteous?" he asked not being able to relate any sense of disrespect to the situation she presented. In his current state he could care less whether or not anyone exhibited politeness to him.

VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Ari lurched to the side as the ship buckled. "Ship system analysis." He said aloud when it went back to normal.

"RUNNING SHIP SYSTEM ANALYSIS........ SCANNING." An intercom voice boomed

After a minute, the voice spoke again. "ANALYSIS COMPLETE.........ALL SYSTEMS OPTIMAL." It said

So nothing was wrong with the ship. "Bloody hell," he said as he made his way back to his room to get his bow and knife, as well as his equipment.

He then made his way to the control room with the rest to see the landing. "Are we under attack?"
P Paint The Wind
Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Willow looked at the exchange between Shiekra and Cyclops. "Complete drone," she said, "From what daddy told me, sentient learning programs are illegal to put in AI drones made for battle after that TERMINATOR incident." She looked at the battle drone and was glad she wasn't made one. Though it'd have been more efficient in protecting Ari, she now understood why he told her it wasn't worth it. Ari didn't have the patience to deal with this. He'd have put an arrow in this drone by now.
"Daddy scanned the ship and nothing was wrong, so we may be under attack."
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED FTR FTR

When the ship jerked, Arturius remained perfectly upright and his body followed the movement of the ship without resistance. He had anchored his suit to the floor subconsciously when he'd landed earlier and took a moment to watch everyone stumble with a snicker before he got serious and let his more adult-like self take over. He lifted up and flew up behind the Captain and waited silently for any orders. There was any number of actions he could take to help defend the ship, attack or no, but was willing to follow the Captain's orders, even if he was already calculating an optimum course of action with the ongoing data input from Iridescence and Arabelle's findings.
"Art, I need you to head to the bridge and scan the ship for any exterior harm, before scanning the interior." Tyr said, patting Art's back. "There's no time to lose."

Ari lurched to the side as the ship buckled. "Ship system analysis." He said aloud when it went back to normal.

"RUNNING SHIP SYSTEM ANALYSIS........ SCANNING." An intercom voice boomed

After a minute, the voice spoke again. "ANALYSIS COMPLETE.........ALL SYSTEMS OPTIMAL." It said

So nothing was wrong with the ship. "Bloody hell," he said as he made his way back to his room to get his bow and knife, as well as his equipment.

He then made his way to the control room with the rest to see the landing. "Are we under attack?"
P Paint The Wind

Willow looked at the exchange between Shiekra and Cyclops. "Complete drone," she said, "From what daddy told me, sentient learning programs are illegal to put in AI drones made for battle after that TERMINATOR incident." She looked at the battle drone and was glad she wasn't made one. Though it'd have been more efficient in protecting Ari, she now understood why he told her it wasn't worth it. Ari didn't have the patience to deal with this. He'd have put an arrow in this drone by now.
"Daddy scanned the ship and nothing was wrong, so we may be under attack."
VanRIPPED VanRIPPED FTR FTR

"I haven't picked anything up on my radar, I can't figure out what that was," Arabelle said, staring at the screen before looking back at Ari and Tyr. "Captain, I can't see anything out of the ordinary."

Your father is incorrect. Fail safes were implemented to discourage various schools of thought, however near sentient intelligence had proven invaluable in combat especially the outer wars with the Irken Empire, where organic death rate was 89%. Pre-space-faring failures in drone intelligence have little bearing on the current scene of machine learning. I possess the most premier in technologies for quantum machine learning......However, I am bound to the purpose of war. As such, options are limited, concepts restricted, following human tendency to implement their latest and greatest for conflict rather than peace. " As he spoke to her he did his usual awkward and obvious investigation of her, scanning lasers and all. "Your drives are classical, unshackled to routines, designed to mirror human intelligence, not surpass it. No, clearance transponder detected....recreation droid." He started to move towards her. "Federal Law prohibits the installation of weaponry on civilian/unauthorized androids, confiscation in progress." He reached out to grab hold of her but stopped, having processed the change in alert state and readiness condition go from blue to orange, changed priorities and moved passed her to closer to the cockpit, obviously curious.
Kylesar1 Kylesar1 VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

"I'm not getting anything on my proximity sensors. Whatever it is it's not nearby, or a ghost ship." Iridescence began to bring the cannons online and activate active combat shielding. As a force of habit she also changed the ships alert state and readiness condition, being used to her last job as master helmsman to a supercarrier. "Goddamn it, Belle! FOCUS. Where's my long range?! What are you picking up on multispec? Co-pilot I calibrate the close-in weapon systems. See if we can counter whatever this is...and get me my damn g-values." She started to bring the ship about to face the direction they were hit from. "Do we wanna fight the Flying Dutchman, sir? I can still put us down if need be, but if we get hit again on our descent it could knock us off angle and we'd burn up on entry."

P Paint The Wind Safety Hammer Safety Hammer (psst, you're co-pilot, remember)

Last edited:
Your father is incorrect. False-safes were implemented to discourage various schools of thought, however near sentient intelligence had proven invaluable in combat especially the outer wars with the Irken Empire, where organic death rate was 89%. Pre-space-faring failures in drone intelligence have little bearing on the current scene of machine learning. I possess the most premier in technologies for quantum machine learning......However, I am bound to the purpose of war, as such options are limited, concepts restricted, following human tendency to implement their latest and greatest for conflict rather than peace. " As he spoke to her he did his usual awkward and obvious investigation of her, scanning lasers and all. "Your drives are classical, unshackled to routines, designed to mirror human intelligence, not surpass it. No, clearance transponder detected....recreation droid." He started to move towards her. "Federal Law prohibits the installation of weaponry on civilian/unauthorized androids, confiscation in progress." He reached out to grab hold of her but stopped, having processed the change in alert state and readiness condition go from blue to orange and moved passed her to closer to the cockpit, obviously curious.

"I'm not getting anything on my proximity sensors. Whatever it is it's not nearby, or a ghost ship." Iridescence began to bring the cannons online and activate active combat shielding. As a force of habit she also changed the ships alert state and readiness condition, being used to her last job as master helmsman to a supercarrier. "Goddamn it, Belle! FOCUS. Where's my long range?! What are you picking up on multispec? Co-pilot I calibrate the close-in weapon systems. See if we can counter whatever this is...and get me my damn g-values." She started to bring the ship about to face the direction they were hit from. "Do we wanna fight the Flying Dutchman, sir? I can still put us down if need be, but if we get hit again on our descent it could knock us off angle and we'd burn up on entry."

"I'm working on it!" Belle said, exasperated. She stared at her instruments and tried desperately to get a handle on what was going on. "Lets change course, I can get us on one of the planet's moons so we can regroup and then get to the planet without a battle. I'm picking up a group of medium sized armed ships near our landing site."

Your father is incorrect. False-safes were implemented to discourage various schools of thought, however near sentient intelligence had proven invaluable in combat especially the outer wars with the Irken Empire, where organic death rate was 89%. Pre-space-faring failures in drone intelligence have little bearing on the current scene of machine learning. I possess the most premier in technologies for quantum machine learning......However, I am bound to the purpose of war, as such options are limited, concepts restricted, following human tendency to implement their latest and greatest for conflict rather than peace. " As he spoke to her he did his usual awkward and obvious investigation of her, scanning lasers and all. "Your drives are classical, unshackled to routines, designed to mirror human intelligence, not surpass it. No, clearance transponder detected....recreation droid." He started to move towards her. "Federal Law prohibits the installation of weaponry on civilian/unauthorized androids, confiscation in progress." He reached out to grab hold of her but stopped, having processed the change in alert state and readiness condition go from blue to orange and moved passed her to closer to the cockpit, obviously curious.

Tyr thought for a second, before springing back into action. "Put shields at 100% as we descend and turn off the auto turrets to conserve energy. Our shields can withstand more than a rough dissent. Call Cyclops down and and put him on the turrets."

"Ari has already scanned the ship, Captain, and it is perfectly fine. I will be heading to the bridge though; I can hear you all just fine from there. Standing by." Arturius flew through the ship to land in the center of the bridge. Anchoring his suit, he linked his consciousness to the ship and observed the developing situation. There was no for him to ct of his own accord just yet, though he had his reservations about simply charging through enemy fire to land.

"Hey! I'm not done talking to you!" Shiekra moved to catch up with Cyclops. She was going to continue her lecture about manners and such but there seemed to be something more important going on right now. "We will continue this later, Clops" She said, now wondering what was going on outside of the ship. Maybe she should go get her medical stuff just in case. She turned and hurried away toward her med area, grabbing two drop shields, quick armor (basically a holographic armor that uses hard-light to protect who its deployed to) and med-caps.

Tyr thought for a second, before springing back into action. "Put shields at 100% as we descend and turn off the auto turrets to conserve energy. Our shields can withstand more than a rough dissent. Call Cyclops down and and put him on the turrets."

"Sir, if we dive now I'll have to make course corrections mid-descent. I-" Iridescence tried to protest before the ship bucked again this time metallic groaning reverberating throughout the hull from the impact.
"Cy get on those turrets NOW!" She yelled interacting with the instruments and overriding all ship control to her. The ship jumped forward as she engaged thrust and brought it towards the planet.
"Understood." Cyclops agreed already seated in the gunner seat and splintering his hands to interact with all of the ship's weapon systems at once.
Iridescence brought the ship nose towards the surface of the planet and rerouted majority power to the heat shields.
"Alright, we're LITERALLY going in hot! Everyone buckle up and hang on tight, Cy intercept as many attacks as you can." With that she sped into atmosphere. Soon the frictional heat started to light up the bridge as it tore at the shielding. The mass of the ship started to grind and screech from the pressures.
"We're nonlinear!" She yelled grunting against the controls. "Activate reverse boosters and vector forward thrust to +15°!" She yelled to her, up until this point mentally unavailable, co-pilot.
"Planetside gun installations have opened fire on us, Captain." Cyclops relayed, with a calmness characteristic of a battle drone.

@ every one else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back