• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece the New Era

Ken looked at Dru for a minute and considered it before shaking his head. "We will be out of the current in a few minutes so there is no need for me to waste time in teaching you." He said though really he didn't want to trust another with the wheel...at least not right now. 'Why is this bastard asking me so many questions? My past has nothing to do with him.... Not to mention he hasn't told me his past. Then again I don't really care to hear it...' @Drumonkey

"You can't build trust without asking questions." Dru seemed to be dozing off on the railing but the truth was he could almost hear the gears grinding in the navigators head "I figured there were people out there that trusted less than I did but I never expected to run into them like this. One of them hides with alcohol and the other hides with a stone wall around themselves. If you are curious I hide behind my curiosity, most people love to talk about themselves and when I understand them enough I open up like a beautiful flower in bloom." @Peaceswore

"Good for you." Ken muttered as he turned the wheel a bit. A few more minutes passed and he gave a satisfied nod before he pushed of the wheel. Stretching a bit he walked away from the wheel and walked to the kitchen to make some food. "You know....curiosity kills . So stop asking unnecessary questions." He said glancing over his shoulder for a small bit before heading to his designated location. @Drumonkey

"If curiosity killed so many then why are humans still alive?" Dru traipsed across the railings following Ken "if you weren't curious you wouldn't be here as our navigator. I can say with about 80% certainty that your shortcomings in the friendship department stem from curiosity whether it be yours or someone else's." Dru raised an eyebrow at the navigator wondering what order of name calling and insult would come. @Peaceswore

Ken looked at Dru for a brief moment before he opened the door that lead to the kitchen. Before he entered Penance went in and perched on the table as he waited for food. Ken shook his head and went inside not bothering to hold the door open for Dru. "As I said...curiosity kills..." He grumbled as he closed his eyes and took a small breath. He had a small memory of his past enter and he wasn't in the mood to deal with it so he pushed it away. @Drumonkey

Dru opened the door with his tail and hung from the door frame by his feet. " Curiosity may kill but the question is 'is the information worth dying for?' often times I think yes and in times like those I charge ahead ready to learn now is one of those times. don't you worry I will do something to gain your trust whether it is save your life or wear you down by talking though is up to you." @Peaceswore

Ken started to ignore Dru as he began to make some food for himself and his birds. Though he did glance over his shoulder getting annoyed by the others persistence. 'Wait.......... He's joking right? I don't need anyone to save me.... As for the talking part.... I'm about to bash my skull in.' Letting out a sigh he turned back to the stove. "Go away you are a bother.'

@Drumonkey

"I was a stow-away remember I have been called much worse, you are just stating a fact. Also I don't plan on going away any time soon. I have taken a liking to you and want to get to know you." Dru chuckled and rocked back and forth in the doorway. @Peaceswore

'Taken a liking to??? What in the hell did I do to make him interested in me! Damn it whatever it was I can't do it again.' He thought keeping a blank face as he kept cooking. 'Just ignore him and he will go away. If I wanted people to know me I would tell them...think the guy would get a simple hint...' He thought as he got out a plate so he can serve the food.

Triz heard the voice of his adopted mother, and he quickly closed the book with the pirate ship, and it went away forever. It's as if the ink washed away, though it left no remnants.

"Could you say that again?" Triz yelled back.

"I'll be going out for groceries! Please take care of the house while I'm out!"She said, trying to disguise her worry about her son. Even though he was adopted, he was all the world for her. She couldn't bear his talk of becoming a pirate, what if her baby came out hurt of these dangerous seas? She walked out of their home and began walking in direction of the churchyard. Reaching there, she was met with a friendly face.

~1 hour-30 minutes later~

There, she began to walk alongside the tall man in Priest robes. "I have no one else to turn to... His mind is completely set in becoming a Pirate!" Said her, trying to hold her tears "He's too young to even think on setting out for the seas! Please, if there's someone who can do something about it, It is you, Father Iscariot! Father Judge Iscariot, former Head of the orphanage and the town's Preacher. He knew Triz from the day the boy was left, still a baby at the orphanage. "Those are some bold remarks." Said the priest keeping a smile on his face. "Danger would certainly come if he chose the path of a Heath- pirate...But, I do believe it is just a fase. It will soon pass, so worry not." Mantaining his pace, Iscariot opened the church's door he was stopped by her hand "Would you at least talk to him about it?" Judge sighed, nodded and followed her back too her home

While she was gone, he decided to keep reading the book about Monkey D. Luffy. He was fascinated with what he had gone through, how the crew members came to join, the most interesting being Nico Robin, and the different islands they had come to, his favorite being Water 7. Though he was immensely interested in it, he decided not to read the entire book in one go, so he found a good stopping point and would continue later.

He picked up another one of his favorite history books and began skimming through it, occasionally cracking a smile when he read something interesting. However, he heard the door open and feet walk in, then what followed was voices, and not just one. Huh, she never brings anyone back here.

Then he heard footsteps walking up to his room.

Triz's mother opened his room and there entered Iscariot, keeping a calm smile on his face.

"It has been a while, hasn't it, Tristan?"

Triz closed the book he was reading in a calm manner, bookmarking his page for later. "Why, yes it has. To what do I owe the pleasure?

I wonder if he figured out who at the Devil Fruit in the basement of the orphanage, could be why he's here...

"Mind if I sit next to you?" Iscariot asked, without changing his expression. He closed the door behind him... And sat on the floor near Triz's bed...

"Your mother said that you were boasting about, wanting to become a pirate...Is that correct?" He said, now with a dead serious expression, while casually picking his nose with his left pinkie...

"Yes. That's correct. I can't take staying on this island any longer, there's only so much to do. I want to see the world, I want to chronicle my journey, I want to meet interesting people just like the pirate Monkey D. Luffy." He knew saying this would hold repercussions, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

Iscariot's expression turned devilish the moment the name Monkey D. Luffy crossed his ears...He despised the so called pirate king, a heathen between heathens. A man that made the government his enemy and plunged the world 300 years ago into chaos...Iscariot tried to keep himself composed. "Wh-why...you can become just a normal traveller, boy. There is no need to become a criminal in the process." He said, now smiling, trying to hide the bitter taste he felt on his mouth.

Triz has known that Father Iscariot has never been the most well-collected person, but he still took care of him for a little while, for that he was thankful. But he couldn't abandon his dreams.

"Criminal?" Triz said, "Not all of them are criminals. Do you know how many people rallied behind Monkey D. Luffy? Every person he met had become his friend, the Marines just put bounties on everyone's head due to their title of "Pirate". Monkey D. Luffy saved islands from total chaos. I want to chronicle my journey, I also want to learn all of the history this world has to offer. Unfortunately, not everything can be written in books, most are passed on by word of mouth. The only way I can achieve this is by joining a pirate crew."

Iscariot stood up, trying to hide his fury at Tristan...The smile on his face stayed the same, but the rest was deformed in a Angered frown...He simply walked to the door sighed and said "Do as you wish, but listen well..." Iscariot turned his head and looked at Tristan dead in his eyes with one of the scariest expressions in the world "The moment you raise your flag you will be hunted by all. THere will be no place to hide or to run. The only way of a Pirate Heathen returning to this town will be in Chains or in a bodybag." Iscariot, now pissed beyond comprehension made his way through the door..."...Ah...I almost forgot...I know about the Pen Pen Fruit. Try not to drown because of it." Iscariot sighed and proceeded to leave the household marching. He couldn't hide his anger upon listening to the brat bregging about Heathens becoming heroes..."What does a child know about the world?" he though "He was in the orphanage, so I though I could talk him out of it..." he marched back to the church. Maybe one of his "toys" could ease his mood...

Damnit! But damn, did he look furious. I understand people don't like pirates, but that was extremely dramatic.

Tristan walked down to his mother and asked, "Why'd you tell him?"

"I did what I thought was right to do. Tristan, It's not too late to give up on it! Please listen to reason!" His mother was on the verge of tears, trying to convince her son to not become someone who might be hunted down. She did not tell Tristan what she really was afraid of...the man that could hunt him down the moment he decided to set sail..."Please, listen to Father Iscariot! All he has in his mind is your own good, like I do!"

He hugged his mother, "I need to do this." He then looked her in the eyes, "I can't stay on this island all my life, I want to explore the world. I don't mean becoming a pirate right now, who knows when it'll be, but at some point I have to leave here. There's so much history in this world, so much uncovered knowledge hidden in the depths of the world that barely anyone, possibly no one, knows about. Joining a crew... it's the only way."

Tristan was a rather mature young boy, his expansive knowledge of vocabulary words impressed a lot of older people. However, what he didn't know, was that his journey he sought after might be right around the corner.

Numo looked around the ship,bored out of his mind. So he decided to work on his devil fruit, "Say, do we have any leaves on board?" He looked around awkwardly, "Or maybe a pebble, or stone.." Numo said this and remembered, "Nevermind I have some in my bag... Oh forgetful me.." he reached into his side satchel, pulling out a perfectly round stone placing it on his head and thinking of someone to become,

"MaaayBee... Chase? No.. OH OH! That annoying chick I met before.." Numo closed his eyes, focusing on Venny, "Poof." He said as a cloud of smoke appeared around him

as it faded off Numo/Venny was left. He looked around the ship, trying to find a mirror around the ship

or another crew member

Numo opened the door to the ship's cabin, "Hm.." ((QUESTION!!: Is our current ship anywhere near as big as the going merry?)) he stepped down the stairs, looking into the different rooms, "Where is the damned bathroom again.." he continued down the cabin, searching for a mirror. When randomly opening doors he stumbled across the kitchen, staring at Ken

"Do I look anything like V- umm.. Vunny was it? V-vvvvvvv erm.. VENNY! Ya, do I look anything like her?"

Ken was leaning against the counter eating his food while feeing Penance and Ixie theirs'. When the other member entered the crew he let out a sigh. "I don't even care enough to ask. So yeah, if you ignore the fact you are not drunk off your ass then you look somewhat like her." He said barely looking at him.

@Death Puppet

He frowned, "Ok, so.... Keep a bottle of rum on me.." He walked out of the room awkwardly, going back to the deck, doing random crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back