• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece the New Era

pbtenchi

Say hi!
The New Era is upon us once more! It’s been a good three hundred years since the legendary pirate Monkey D. Luffy took every treasure the world had. (all canon characters are long gone, even giants are dead) Monkey D. Luffy hid the great treasure One Piece away, as had the previous pirate king. Now whoever sails every sea in the world and finds the One Piece will become the next pirate king!

(Honestly drawing a blank for a good starter so just jump in)

"Pirate king?, The One Piece? these are the dreams of generations, I guess a long journey is a head of me." chase spoke to himself intrigued by the ideal of being king of the seas, he had always been ambitious and enjoyed expanding the world but never before that he dream so big. He was aware of the obstacles to come but nothing had ever stopped nor overwhelmed him and neither would this adventure, he grabbed his sack of Berri and headed out saying his goodbyes holding back the tears and not looking back "I guess the shipment should already be at the docks, they can wait a bit i'm hungry." he veered left into the towns number one restaurant "Ch-Chase hows thing going you look all grown up." a waitress had seemed to recognize Chase as well as others, he soon realized that he was absent in town off on trips or in the shop working and most people rarely saw him "Shelly hey can't believe it you work here, I guess it's been awhile" he said awestruck by her appearance he found it hard to be believe they were the same age. She gestured to the chef saying "This ones on me" after a short time passes and he is served the special of the day he and Shelly begin to catch up as he eats, an epic story here a flirtatious joke there she eventually ask whats he is doing right now, he smiled and leaned in whispering about his journey to be come a pirate she smiles but Chase could see she was displeased she stands and says goodbye and getting back to work. Chase stands and heads out if she was going to tell it wouldn't matter he had no bounty and even if he was considered a pirate by just by his words nobody would consider him a threat enough to send any real marines, in other words he could just talk his way out of it. Chase headed off to the ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken let out a sigh as he waked through the street of this town he arrived at. He had been sailing for a bit now, but just the other night his ship got wrecked due to some jackasses that thought it would be fun to shot at a random fishing boat, which Ken may or may not have stolen. "Damn..... Now I got to find another boat..... This is going to be fun." He muttered ignoring the weird glances that he got from passer byers.

He was rather used to it since his clothing was a bit tattered and looked different then what the simple towns folk wore. His unzipped coat fluttered in the wind, bit's of droplets feel out of his clothes and hair. His hood was down and it revealed his sapphire blue hair and just as blue eyes. He had a simple small wooden chest attached to his hip and on the opposite side a long chain with the knife concealed at the end of it.

Probably a thing that was taking a lot of attention were his two bird companions. One a crow, with shiny black feathers, and two blue streaks one streak under both wings. This crow was perched on his shoulder and she kept chirping away as if she were actually talking. The other was a medium sized hawk with black feathers and two blue streaks that went from under his eyes to the top of his wings. This one was perched on Ken's out stretched arm and it seemed to be drifting off.

"Where should we go?" Ken asked, though it seemed he was talking to himself, he was actually talking to the crow. At this the crow stopped whatever she was saying and seemed to think about it before letting out a squawk and pointing at the docks. "......I do need a new ship...." He muttered before nodding and heading in that direction.

Venny was walking out of a bar, staggering a bit before shaking her head. She looked up and around and groaned. She had drank too much. "Damn...that was good beer though.." She muttered, walking along. She got to the docks and looked for her Shio but didn't see her Fiery Tuna, the small fishing boat her grandfather had given her. She muttered something nasty and sat under a wooden pole, pulling out a beer bottle and flicking the cap off. She took a long swig and leaned her head back. "I swear to you, drunk, I'm not *hic* God" she muttered, smiling. Venny downed the rest of her beer and threw it at a pelican. The bird flew away and Venny closed her eyes, snoozing in the sun, waiting for something exciting to happen

Garret walked through the streets with a paper bag in his hand. The bag contained some small parts that he had salvaged from a nearby junkyard. He picked out parts that he needed to repair his motorcycle and a few other parts to tinker with his mechanical sleeve, as he sometimes called it. Other than that, it was rather uneventful for Garret. He wondered if anything exciting was going to happen today. Hopefully not.

-----

"Captain!" a Marine soldier called out. He and a few dozen more soldiers were all stationed on a Marine vessel drifting across the sea. The soldier was holding a sheet of paper as he wandered around the ship calling out for his captain. Once the soldier made it to the ship's bow, he saw his captain, Mariette, laying down on a beach chair positioned in the sunlight. She was in her swim suit and her eyes were shut. After seeing his captain in that apparel, he quickly shut his eyes and turned away from her.

After steeling himself, he turned around to lay the papers beside his half-naked, sleeping captain only to find that she was awake and looking directly at him. "C-captain!" he said, almost dropping the papers in shock. "Here." Mariette said casually. The soldier wondered if his captain called out that quietly each time he called out for her a few moments ago. "Y-yes..." the soldier said before clearing his throat, "We've just received orders from headquarters." He then handed the papers to Mariette. She read through the papers before handing them back to the soldier. "Can't it wait?" she asked as she repositioned herself to be more comfortable. "Captain, you read the command," the soldier replied, "We're the closest division in range. If we don't go, any other ship might not make it in time and something bad might happen that we could have averted." "But if we turn to sail there, this place will be covered in shade!" Mariette pouted. The soldier was taken aback. "...Captain--" Before he could say another word, Mariette got up. "I guess it can't be helped." She said as she picked up her clothes she had laid aside, "I'll go tell them to change the ship's course."

Colton continued about the island with his hands behind his head and his eyes peeled for any pirate that would be a part of the crew he ran from. He had reason to believe that they were on his tail, and maybe on this island. He decided to go to a bar and get a pint of some ale. Something he was always in the mood for. When he reached his destination he opened the doors to the pub and he sat down at the bar, ordering a pint.

Pbtenchi was just loitering around the docks, he needed to find a ship, but none of them really fit his liking, eventually a ship caught his eyes, it wasn't so fancy as to make him pay ridiculously, and it wasn't small enough to make him feel cramped. "Now just to find the owner" he thought to himself.

Coco sighed as she wondered around, she wanted to get out to sea so that she could find more poneglyph's. She really wanted to find out what knowledge the past held, not only that but she really wanted to know what happened during the void century. It annoyed her that they was a giant gap in history something that still hadn't been filled something that she wants to change, not only that but she wanted to learn how the celestial dragon came to be mostly because she believes it will let her take down the family name she despised for over 10 years.

Coco decided to head down by the docks, not knowing the place she was well she decided to first head to the docks with it being a landmark of sorts. Upon arriving at the docks she felt the need to get a drink. Luckily they was a small tavern that could simple be seen from the docks which was perfect for Coco as it had the one landmark for her in sight. Upon walking to the tavern Coco pulled her cloaks hood over her now instead of just hiding her hair it hid a large part of her face more so to stop anyone recognizing her for her old nature. Arriving at the tavern Coco went right up to the bar and placed some belly down on the counter and putting on a fake deeper voice asked the strongest thing that could get her. She had two reasons for going to a tavern, one was for a drink the other is people at taverns have loose lips so it was one of the best places to gain information.

After waiting for sometime, Pbtenchi decided the ships owner wasn't coming any time soon, and decided to get a drink at a local tavern. He went up to the counter and asked for a glass of milk. A loud burst of laughter burst from the tavern goers.

Chase ventured to his ship, he reached it in no time but something was off usually his crew would be waiting for his arrival but no one was insight and he couldn't here a sound. He immediately thought the best believing that they were going to surprise him but he knew the exact opposite could be the case as well, he went aboard the ship to see his crew injured "Damn years of safe sailing and the second I become a pirate everything goes bad." he groaned as he checked on his mates eventually one regained there senses and began to speak "Some pirates hijacked our ship" he looked around "how did you find us" he sounded confused. Chase looked around at the ship "Why would they bring you back here did they take anything?" before the man could reply another spoke up "Oh no Chase get to the shop now hurry!" Chase immediately jumped off the ship. The rest of the crew looked at the man confused, noticing he began to fill them in "We weren't supposed to take the shipment remember the guy kept insisting that his men would take it, we have made one known enemy, a long time ago me and boss had some trouble with some rival company supposedly we were putting them out of business." he paused to cough "That guy wasn't the same guy he was to young but the jolly roger on that pirates arm definitely matches if I recall, it could be assumed they are planning to return the favor and put us out of business" everyone grunted pissed at there failure, there hope lies in Chases hands. Chase rushed through the street he wasn't sure of the situation but it was likely that what ever was happening he could solve it rationally, he smiled confidently in his negotiation skills "Almost there" he could see the shop and a few guys walk out and then an explosion. Chase halted in his tracks and tears flowed down his face.

Venny awoke to the sound of an explosion. She looked towards the town and sighed, getting up. "What the *hic* hell is goin on now..." She muttered and started to walk over.

Ken was walking to the dock when suddenly he was almost bowled over by a man running in the opposite direction. "Watch!" Ken yelled at the man before mumbling and continuing along. However he stopped in his tracks when he heard a loud explosion from behind him. "What the?" He muttered as he turned around. "............. Penance. Go check it out." He ordered as he held out his arm. With that the black hawk nodded and immediately flew off toward the loud sound.

Chase couldn't believe his eye's he could only think positive thoughts, he then realized that the men were still there, they seemed to be in just as much shock as anyone would be, either something went wrong or they were really good actors. Chase inhaled and exhaled and hurried over to the guys only about 10 feet away from them, he looked at them with stern eyes asking "What happened?" anyone could tell that he was holding back the tears, his eyes were avoiding the flames left behind he knew what was there and that his parents couldn't survive that. The man look at Chase with a smirk "They went boom can't you see?" the crew laughed at the giggled at the bad joke while chase pulled out his metal staff and began to attack even wen't the number being 1 to 15 he could last a bit since only four could attack at once. He simply swung his staff faster than he could draw his sword and dodged incoming attacks then he swung again it was a quick simple pattern that took out the majority only leaving three, they seemed to be on guard unlike the others next thing Chase new an arrow was stuck in his shoulder, a sniper had shown up and 2 men that stood out from the others, Chase hadn't trained to fight opponents such as them he couldn't hide from a sniper and his arm was injured he was screwed unless he had help.

Venny saw him. "This t'aint fair at all!!" She growled and unsheathed a sword. Like lightning, she had cut down the two men easily and looked at the sniper. She took out a small throwing knife and threw it into his shoulder. The man screamed and ran off. "Damn coward. Oh yeah, are you okay?" She asked, sheathing her sword and walking over, staggering a bit, still drunk.

Ken sighed as he casually walked up to the other two with a raised brow. He was thinking about helping the guy, but he...just didn't feel like it. So he was going to let the man die if the drunkard hadn't saved him. Ixie was on his shoulder and Penance was once again perched on his arm. "So your home got destroyed... *Sigh* And I thought something exciting happened." He said in a rather cold dead voice.

@Offspring

@Church Burning

"Ay! That isn't very nice... " she said slowly, taking a drink of her bottle and throwing it at a seagul. "Damn things empty..." She muttered, placing her hands on her hips.

Chase exhaled as someone came at his aid after she was done he smiled and said "Thanks I am not a fighter..yet" he sighed looking at his home "Damn I got go I can't look at this" he paused then grunted then looked at a bystander "Hey you, you were always a kind man take this and be sure they get a proper barrel" he tossed him a sack of Berri and the man caught it he was trying to avoid the being sad he then looked at the girl "I need somebody at least a little strong to accompany me, you mind being a pirate...the good kind" he kept a stern face.

@Church Burning

Venny thought about the offer for a minute. "Alright, as long as you don't withold me from my dream of being the worlds greatest swordsman, I will accompany you, Captain!" She smiled and staggered over, slapping him on the back, hard.

Chase nodded "No problem and a promise to get stronger" he noticed she was a bit out of it, he didn't care as long as she was reliable when he needed her to be, his spirits being lifted a but he looked at the guy. He smirked "If you are not as bad as you seem then you could join me to I could use someone with a darker out look on the world if I the world is really what the stories say"

@Church Burning @Peaceswore

Venny nodded then slapped her forehead. "Ohohohoh..I'm Vendetta but you can call me Venny!" She smiled and stuck out a hand for him to shake. 'I will get stronger, for the sake of my grandfather and my crew and captain' she vowed silently to herself

He shook her hand as she mumbled to herself out of hospitality he waited for her to finish then replied "I'm Chase and it's a pleasure having you on my ship which we should probably get, he had forgotten about all his hurt crew mates. He began walking at a steady pace hopefully she could follow in her condition "I have a cargo ship by the way i'm no pirate yet"

@Church Burning

"Alrighty, wait what's your goal we dream?" She asked, following him, but not in a straight line. 'No ship...neither do I.." She thought to herself, remembering that someone stole her grandfathers boat.

@Offspring

Ken sighed as he followed along. Not sure if he would join, but he did recently get shipped wrecked so it's not like he had any plans. So for now he decided to tag along, not telling anyone of his talents just yet.

Coco smirked as this rather strange man walked into the tavern only to ask for a glass of milk, however she didn't laugh mostly since not everyone enjoys a drink containing alcohol everyone has their own likes and dislikes laughing at a man just because they didn't like the same thing is just dumb, sadly most humans seemed that way. It seemed some commotion had broken out by the docks what type of commotion Coco didn't know but wanted to find out. Thanking the tavern owner in her normal voice Coco began to walk out, only to be grabbed half way by a man who seemed double the height of her. It seemed he heard her voice and guessed she was female, the place he grabbed gave it away too since he pulled her hood down. "Why aren't you just the prettiest little princess, lost are we?" The mans voice was rough and deep but also had a tipsy sound to him proving he was drunk or half way there anyway. Turning around Coco slapped the mans arm up forcing him to let go. A split second after the slap Coco proceeded to slap the man in the face with enough force to send him back into his seat and onto the floor. "What do you take me for a lost little puppy..." Coco said mockingly as she quickly drew her sword and placed it by his neck. The man didn't even notice the sword as he stood up and turned back around. "Do you know who I am, i'm the fearless cap-" The man was angry however piercing the mans neck slightly just enough to draw blood caused him to shut up."Fearless ha, then why have you stopped talking." Coco said before taking a few steps back. "Now i'm going to leave try and stop me and it won't only be a flesh wound." Coco threatened as she left the establishment, replacing the hood over her head. "And people wonder why I wear this thing." Coco muttered and she continued her way down to the docks.

Arriving at the docks Coco sighed. It seemed whatever went down was already over. It was a fight proof was the people dead or nearly dead on the floor, a shame Coco enjoyed seeing how people fought learning the new and strange fighting styles was a little hobby of Coco. It seemed some people had either managed to survived the fight or had witnessed it but they were going their own ways together it seemed. "Great so not only did that guy nearly rip my cloak he also stopped me from watching this." Coco said aloud, she meant to only think it be she was never one to hide her anger inside.

Garret heard an explosion in the distance and saw a pillar of smoke rising in the direction that he was walking. He paid no read attention to it since it wasn't the direction of where his house was. As he was walking, he saw Chase and the others running in the opposite direction. "Hey, Chase." he said before pointing to the pillar of smoke, "Was that you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back