• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom One Piece the New Era

(Since I'm forever late, I'll just have to start somewhere else... xD )

Ladel sat at the bar, trying and failing not to stare at the beautiful woman that was three chairs to his right. After his third beer, with liquid courage filling his stomach, he hopped from his chair with a wobble to start toward her. "Excuse me, my lady, but there must be some kind of gravitational anomaly where you're sitting, because no matter where I look my eyes are pulled toward you." The pick-up line seemed to appall everyone around them, but she didn't seem too turned off by it. "Cute, soldier boy, but I don't date marines." Marine?... Crap! The latest group he'd been picked up with was a small marine patrol boat going from island to island. He'd borrowed some clothes from one of the men on the boat and made a break for it as soon as they hit land. "I'm not a marine, I swear. I stole these from some group of idiots that let me laze around their boat from island to island. I'm a pirate at heart, I am." She turned away from him, obviously uninterested in him. A couple gentlemen around him had risen from their seats to form a semicircle around him.

Turning around to see the small gathering, Ladel gave a sigh. "Rejected, again, and now I have to deal with a couple of..." He made a show of counting his fingers. "What would I call you? Eighth rate thugs? I know the saying is 'third rate', but even that's way too high for y-" They took a swing at him and he easily dodged. "Hey, you little SHIT! I wasn't DONE TALKING!" Angrily, he returned the blow square in the attacker's stomach, knocking him back into a table that crashed to the floor. "That was ten percent. Be glad I held b-" Another couple of punches were thrown at him from the other men surrounding him, but they all missed. "Listen here you little fucks! If you keep interrupting me mid-sentence, I'm going to kill you." His voice was drenched in murderous intent, so much so they all backed off a little. "I think it's time I removed myself."

Of course, some of them came at him again on the way out, and he increased his power output to twenty percent causing them to fly into the walls, but all in all it was a good night. He got a couple nice looks from the beautiful lady admiring his strength, but he decided against pursuing her any longer. Night had fallen, but the town was bright with life during the night business hours. The stars were covered up by the light pollution, but Ladel's favorite nighttime activity was to look at the stars until he slept, so he made his way down to the beach. Staring up at the stars, like he had down hundreds of times before on ships, he remembered his old crew. Most of them were probably killed during the storm, but he could only hope.

Ken had left the group out of boredom seeing little reason to stay with them for the time being. It was obvious they weren't leaving anytime soon so he had time to do whatever he wanted and to think things over. He left the town and made his way to a nearby beach looking out into the ocean. "..... I want to sail.... But I don't think they are the right crew.... The captain seems to be too trusting, not to mention there has to be something wrong with him. I know I'm apathetic...but he claims his parents just died in that explosion and he is leaving without a funeral.....*Sigh* I don't know Ixie... Penance. Think I should go? I'm a damn good navigator...so I can easily join any crew in need of one...." He asked the two birds as he sat on a nearby rock.

He leaned back and looked up at the sky as he listened to Ixie who was talking to him but anyone else she was just squawking. "Good point....not like I got any where else to go.... I want to see the New World.... I want to get out of this boring sea." He said with a sigh as his eyes soon looked over to another individual that happened to be on the beach at this time.

@Splat

(stalky man?... *hangs head down*) Pbtenchi got out a small lollipop and started sucking it. "nothing quite like an adventure with a bunch of strangers, eh? blue head?" said Pbtenchi, slightly muffled by the lolipop. "want one?" he said, offering out a lollipop.

Ken looked behind him and sighed. "Why would I consume something given to me by an utter stranger?" He asked as before looking in front of him. "So that's a no... I don't want it." He said coldly. Before Pb could put away the lollipop Ixie took it from him in her beak and snuck it into Ken's pocket without him noticing.

@pbtenchi

After a few minutes, Venny sat up then got up, staggering a bit and falling down face first onto the floor. She groaned and got up again, this time keeping her balance. She staggered around and somehow came across the little group. "Wha*hic*t are you *hic* guy doing ov*hic*er here?" She asked, hiccuping and leaning on a wall, slouching and eyes half lidded from drunkeness.

Chase was aboard his ship ravaging through the crates in the storage room "Guns, booze, swords, artifacts, ah dials I hope this works" he says holding a few dial in his hands then leaving the room. He stood on the docks on the outside of the boat then began to toss a dial at the rear side of the boat then threw one at the front side at like that the boat went from a dead gray to a pale red. Chase observed the new color "Not perfect but good for now, now the other side" he grabbed a board to get into stand on to float in the water and repeated the simple process, he made his way back to the storage room to put away the unneeded dials as he walked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
He smiled at the Ixie "smart bird" he said quietly so ken wouldn't hear. "You know, blue head, its not everyday a bunch of complete strangers meet up to become a crew, the winds of fate are pushing us together" he said, staring out towards the sea.

Ken let out a sigh as he leaned back and looked over the horizon. "My name is not blue head..." He said though he didn't say his actual name. "..... Just because 'fate' is pushing us together doesn't mean it's good... I never cared for fate." He said calmly as he stifled a yawn. "I'll go...though if fate's plan is for me to die at sea with a foolish crew, then you can be damned sure I will fight against it."

@pbtenchi

"huh. I heard that the pirate king Monkey D. Luffy's crew was formed similarly to this, However he didn't get his crew all at once, haha" said Pbtenchi "The key to a happy life is to understand that what happens to you isn't under your control, we are all just game pieces"

"It is under my control.... My decision are mine no matter the out come. I'm no ones pawn." Ken said as he got up. "*sigh* We should be at the ship... Be a shame if he left without us." He said with yawn.

"Your probably right" Pbtenchi got up onto his feet and stretched his back. "*yawn* lets see what the future has Instore."

The night was pretty uneventful. Even the stars were quiet. Maybe those ass holes at the bar had left, so he could go flirt with some more girls. He got up and headed back into town, wandering aimlessly as his mind began to wander away from thoughts of pretty girls and back to the sea. Ladel hadn't been on a boat in almost two weeks, and it was started to give him land sickness. Hopefully, he would find a crew worth tagging along with soon. . . Before he decided to go steal a boat and float around himself. (Just waiting to meet someone.. killing time.)

Venny got bored and wandered around aimlessly, looking for either some action or just someone to talk to. She was mildly drunk and staggered around, bumping into people and getting angry glares from them. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into this man with blue clothes. And fell.she laid on her face and groaned as she was slowly getting more sober,

@Splat

Chase went outside to see if everyone was ready to go, he assumed everyone should be back by now from were ever they had been, he had already missed a entire day of sailing and was most likely going to into some trouble with who ever wanted the shipment. He took a deep breath then called out to the others letting them know that it was time to head out.

@Bills352 @Trundle

Ken was hanging upside down at the top of the mast of the ship as he waited for everyone. When he heard his name he unhooked his legs and landed on the deck. "Ready?" He asked in a bored tone as he leaned against the railing. "This is a good day to sail... Nice wind few clouds... No storms..." He said as he unwrapped a lollipop he had found in his coat.

@Offspring

Chase noticed Ken was aboard the ship, he seemed to be commenting on the weather Chase noticing this made a assumption looking towards him "Not sure if you already said this but are you a navigator?" he spoke excitedly knowing that he wouldn't be stuck with the duty. He knew how to navigate but he never was good with all the weather, but then he remembered that the guy seemed like a independent sailor he could leave when he felt like it.

@Peaceswore

Ken looked at him and smirked. "You asked me to join and you don't even know what I can do? *sigh* For all you know I could be a useless drunk. Luckily for you, I'm not. Yes I am a navigator, and a damn good one." He said confidently obviously prideful of his skill, and he had every right to be. He stayed leaning the rail and placed the lollipop in his mouth as he looked out into the ocean. "We should have clear skies for a good while, the sooner we leave the better."

@Offspring

Chase looked shocked "You know I was just offering a ship so that you could get around this pirate thing was just an offer, I barely can fight, I couldn't save my family or my crew I am sure you are skeptical of my ability to actually make it through the grandline" he paused for a moment but his tone shifted from it gloomy nature into an ambitious tone "Don't get me wrong that's true but that was me 5 minutes ago I can only move forward now and get better" he wasn't really talking to Ken more like venting to himself.

@Peaceswore

After Chase had finally finished preparations, Garret climbed over the rail to get on to the ship. Overhearing the conversation between Chase and Ken, Garret looked at Chase and said, "Yeah, you're going to need a lot of training if you want to get to the Grand Line. I may not be the strongest, but at least my mechanical expertise can cover most of the areas I lack. Fortunately, I don't think we have a time limit to get to the Grand Line. That means we have all the time we need to get stronger."

@Offspring @Peaceswore

Ken sighed as he got off the railing. "If you aren't that confident in yourself you are going to get the crew down. Don't expect me to babysit you by the way. If you get in trouble you need to figure your own way out.. I won't go out of my way to save your ass...unless you are right in front of me then I'll consider it." He said with a smirk as he at the lollipop pretty much utterly ignoring the other man that came on the ship.

@Offspring @Thesmashbro

Chase turned to Garret "I know my mechanics as well trust me that's not the issue, I need to get use to being in battle a real one were I don't rely on others to fight" he was passionate about destroying his flaws. He whipped out his staff from behind his back twirling it around as if he was fighting opponents "It feel unnatural I need to seek out my inner beast and connect to nature" he made a swift and powerful strike towards the air, Hearing Ken reply he stopped and listened "I don't wan't anyone to baby sit me that's no fun and it defeats the purpose of me getting better" he then proceeded to train.

@Peaceswore @Thesmashbro

Venny got up and bowed her head, apologising and ran back to the ship. She hopped on bored, her momentum carrying her from her running, but she landed on her face. She groaned and sat up, her nose bloody. "Dammit gravity..." She muttered, sitting up and wiping her nose, now sober. She looked at the three men before her. "Hey." She nodded and got up.

@Peaceswore @Thesmashbro @Offspring

A large thud hit Ladel from behind, proceeding to fall to the ground at his heels, get up, briefly apologise and run away.

"Hey, wait!" he call out didn't make it and she kept on running, bumping into things as she was obviously drunk. He decided to take off after her, for reasons he could not explain. When she finally stopped running, she'd come to a boat which Ladel assumed she was a part of.

"This could be my chance..." he mumbled to himself quietly. "Hey, you! Drunk girl that runs into innocent bystanders. Are you part of this boat's crew?"

@Church Burning

Ken looked at the women that just boarded the ship and let out a sigh before looking away. 'Great... A drunk.' He thought never liking drunks since he always saw them as useless people that would end up getting in your way or rude beggars. He got off the railing and started to walk away, but heard a guy shout making him top in his tracks and look behind him out of the corner of his eyes. 'Another random person is about to join this random crew isn't he....'

"Yes, but it's not really a crew yet. There's a captain and me, maybe a blue navigator..but that's it." She replied, walking over and leaning on the railing. "I'm Venny." She smirked and shot him a glare. "Also, I'm sober now, okay?"

@Splat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back