One Piece: The New Age [RP]

Listening to his shipmate's displeasure at being tethered to the harbor Farrago smiled slightly; it was not the first time he'd heard about that motivation to enter the marines. Very many of the younger men enlisted for that reason, largely driven by a desire to avenge homes or families torn up by pirates who were thriving more than ever despite the government's determination to get a handle on them. "It's only for a brief while, and necessary to coordinate the fleet," he answered calmly, standing beside the man at the rail and looking out across the water.

One thing he surely missed was being able to go for a swim whenever he wanted to. He had been one of the best swimmers in his village, tiny though it was, and could hold his breath for a frighteningly long time. Not that it mattered now. Shaking free of his thoughts, he registered Slade's question. "The Marines saved my life." His voice came out soft with nostalgia, despite his intentions. "When I was nine Captain Uma, Admiral Uma now, docked in the harbor off my village accidentally, and stopped them from cutting my hands off or executing me. I've been enlisted ever since." Again he smiled, pleased with the way his life had improved since then.

Najibe frowned as Gin did not accept his gentlemanly handshake; he probably thought it was a strange custom for a pirate to shake some stranger's hand. "Yea, might as well head out...don't want to cause too much chaos out here!" he replied. Setting his money for the drink on the table, he began to exit the bar. "By the way, where do you think's a good location for this?" he asked Gin. "Don't want any innocent bystanders hurt or nothin'!"

" I see. " He said while keeping his gaze over the ocean. 'Some things are better off left alone. ' He thought.

" I sure as hell love the sea man, I know it might sound odd. But it's like a whole other planet when you're out there ain't it ? So alive and vibrant, constantly in motion, keeping you constantly on your toes. I wouldn't trade it for the world now that I have had a taste of it . "

He reminisced over the way he left his village, it wasn't out of necessity or maybe it was ... the necessity for the thrill. ' I'm pretty damn selfish. ' He thought thinking about all the people he left behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gin followed the man outside, he wasn't quite in the mood for a fight with a possible new crewmate but he figured he should honor the man's wish.

" Hmmm, how about a bit outside the village, I noticed there was quite a large space between the village and the forest behind it. It would be perfect for the battle. But just so you know, I won't go all-out...no reason to kill a possible friend. "

He said smiling.

Farrago glanced at the man curiously, hearing him out patiently. "It's not odd at all," he murmured, choosing only to acknowledge his first statements. "The creatures out there, the live, they breathe, they think, they eat differently than we do. We are the trespassers, but it is a necessity to capture those who would do worse."

He paused for moment, recalling the storm he had survived just recently that had all but destroyed the SS El Mundo, his former ship. Nausea filled the pit of his stomach as he recalled all the lost men, drowned at sea rather than struck down in battle as they should have been. "Yes. I living, mercurial planet."

" Indeed, you speak wise words mate. " He said as he patted his comrade in arms on the shoulder.

" We'll get along just fine, you and I...I can tell. " He said with a warm smile on his face.

He rustled through his mohawk again and pulled out two cigars from a small cigarbox tucked in the inside of his vest.

" Care for one? " He said, holding one out towards Farrago.

Najibe chuckled to himself. "Kill? Me? Heheheh, now that's a good one; you really do have a good sense of humor!" he responded to Gin telling Najibe that he would go easy on him. "However, I'd advise you not to underestimate me...I'm not just some third-rate, lowercase 'p' pirate!"

After a few minutes, Najibe had finally arrived at the place that Gin had mentioned. Just like he said, the place was pretty wide, perfect for an unhindered battle. Stretching his arms and legs for a bit, Najibe assumed a defensive position. "All right, you can make the first move," Najibe offered. "Let's see how much power you've got, big guy!"

Yui finally found her way back to the docks after many wrong turns. Smuggler's Cove was huge, and the people she'd stopped to ask for directions either lied to her or told to piss off. Hadn't anyone heard of honor among thieves? But then, that's what you get for asking pirates outside a brothel.

She saw Kaito go board what seemed to be their new ship. A nice-looking ship, for sure, but how long would it last in oceans like these?

The thing sure was big though, she noted. Plenty of room for all her things. And on a ship like this, there would be no way she'd have to share a room with one of her foolish crewmates, noisy lot that they were, even asleep.

She walked past the cargo that was ready to be taken aboard. Some might say that she should help take the boxes aboard. To those people, Yui says "Shut up, it's bad manners to make a lady carry heavy things like that". You could argue that as a pirate, she was barely a lady, but why bother? She'd only get bored and drop them halfway there.

She seeked out Geroy and demanded loudly, "Oi, you, where's my room?"

-

At the same time, Kakeru was leaning against the side of his ship. Still with nothing to do and no pirates attempting to leave the Cove, he was starting to wonder if he should storm the place and get it over with. Trapping them in was taking too long, and they were going to have to fight anyway, so why not attack while they were all in one place?

"Ruddy pirates, hiding away in their little Cove, like they've got nothing to worry about. Half of them can't even be considered pirates! If we give them time to band together into crews, what good is it?" he scoffed.

He called one of the marines over and ordered them to bring him a Den Den Mushi. The marine did so, and came back with a tissue pushed up each nostril, which Kakeru pointedly ignored.

"Slade," he shouted into the transmitter, "Where are you? Any activity on your end?"

Farrgo dipped his head again in acknowledgment of his superior's praise, resisting the urge to smile at the man's open affection. "I should hope so, sir." Then he grinned irresistibly at the man's offer and shook his head. "No thank you sir, I have my own."

Before he could demonstrate, a crewman came rushing out carrying a Den Den mushi that was screaming for Slade. "I think that's you, sir," he remarked ironically.

He watched as the afro-pirate stretched and stood in defensive position like he was getting ready for a boxing match.

" Whatever ya say. "
He responded with a grin, Gin was getting amused by the whole situation he got himself into.
His hand started to turn oily black and dripping big globs of oil on the ground, slowly a relatively short pole stretched itself out upwards from his hand 'till it materialized into a solid, black substance which Gin could grip.

" Get ready afro-boy. " He said as he ran towards the afroman and stretched out the black stick swiftly in order to hit him in the stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A subordinate marine came rushing towards Slade with a Den-Den Mushi who was obviously too much into his looks.

" I can guess from who this is... " He mumbled before picking up the Den-Den Mushi.

" Hello, this is Slade. "

He heard Kakeru respond with a little interference on the line.

" We are waiting to leave shore, I'll let you know the second we set sail. Don't let any pirates in or out the Cove. "

He hung up the Den-Den Mushi and said to Farrago:
" Any idea where the Admiral is ? We're pressing on time here. "

"Heheh, here it comes..." Stretching out 2 long, thick tentacles from his huge afro, Najibe extended these in order to grab Gin's oil staff while extending 3 more of his afro tentacles towards Gin's face, in an attempt to land the first blow. "Aww man...this guy's an oil user, huh? Meh, my afro could always use some greasing up to maintain its sponginess...or at least so that I can get a different afro hairstyle..." Najibe thought, wondering what sorts of tricks that Gin would come up with.

Gin liquified the staff once it was captured by the tentacles, making the oil run over the tentacles and ground, he proceeded by standing in front of the afropirate and letting his face be pierced by the 3 tentacles, further greasing them up.

He let the holes in his face fill back up with oil and reconstructing themself to look perfectly human again, then he jumped several times back to create some distance between himself and the tentactle user. Both Gin's hands turned black and started to dribble all over the groud before he let two streams of oil shoot out of his hands, smearing all over the ground between the two men, after which his hands returned to normal except for one of his fingers on his left hand, which he used to shoot a jet of black oil in the direction of the tentacleman.

" Let's see if he figures out what I'm trying to do... "
He thought to himself.

Myko tried his best to follow his savior's finger, but due to seeing double, he was a bit slow in following it. The odd alcohol he had earlier was starting to really get to him now, as he started to feel out of place - and was beginning to lose his usual charm. He flashed a boyish, but obnoxious, smile at his green-eyed rescuer. The smile was ruining most of his features, as his upper lip was swollen and slowly bleeding.

"We... should go somewhere... more quiet and vacant. Then... you can really tend to my wounds!", Myko suggested with a slur in his voice. He attempted winking at her, but he only ended up squinting - giving him an even odder appearance. His gaze dropped and he started squinting at the woman's developed melons. He couldn't help it though - not when they're so exposed.

"Holy ship! Are those real!?", Myko remarked excitedly. "Such beauty! God is an amazing sculptor, indeed!"

It seemed that Najibe had a good grasp of Gin's oil staff...that is, until it completely liquified and dripped all over the two afro tentacles that previously bound it. "Tch, no problem, I'll just style it later..." As his other three tentacles "punctured" Gin's face, he noticed that the tips were covered in oil as well! "What the heck is going on here?" Najibe asked himself as Gin's hands turned black and dribbled all over the ground before he let two streams of oil shoot out of his hands, smearing all over the ground between them. Najibe managed to dodge a jet of black oil that was heading towards him before stepping on the oil-covered ground.

"Heheheh, looks like you missed, Oil Man!" Najibe suddenly had a vision in his head of a chibi character using an attack called "Oil Slick" by spurting oil on the ground and using it like a skateboard to ride. Resisting the urge to chuckle, Najibe quickly pondered his situation.
"Hmm...dripping oil on my afro tentacles...spreading oil all over the ground...what is he up to...DAMN! I think I know what's going on...a trail of oil + fire + afro = Game Over! I will not let that happen!"

Najibe quickly receded his tentacles deep into his afro, making sure that the oil was completely thinned out deep inside his big afro. "Since that's taken care of..." Najibe quickly ran towards dry ground before taking out 2 balls of hair from his afro and hurled them at Gin, watching the tentacles expand from these balls and heading towards Gin; meanwhile, Najibe extended 2 clean afro tentacles and lifted himself a few feet off the ground, while reading two more afro balls just in case.

Gin, still thinking he had the upperhand, let his guard down and merely waited for the counter of the unknown pirate. He had anticipated a ranged attack but not one that was so well aimed. He was nowhere fast enough on normal soil to outrun the tentacles. In a spur of the moment action he manifested a ball of gooey oil in his hand and hurled it at the tentacleball that was closest by. He hoped the plan would work, otherwise he'd be screwed. Whilst moving towards the oily patch of land in front of him he watched as the tentacleball engulfed the oily blob and was momentarily retracting its tentacles whilst doing so. That was the moment Gin was waiting for as he slid over the oil patch and let his body completely become oil to lose the attention of both balls who flew passed him. Figuring they weren't boomerang-balls he reconstructed himself in a grotesque, black substance before regaining his human features.

He didn't spare a moment as he again shot out two streams of oil aimed towards the left and right of the unnamed pirate, while spraying out the black substance he said:

" Tell me your name, you have proven your skills and shown me that you were a man worthy of being called a pirate, now I wish to know the name that accompanies that title. "

He suddenly realized the blackness of the oil on his afro was completely vanished... his plan to light the oil on fire was foiled, he must've realized what he was planning after all.

" I see now that you are as smart as you are skilled with that afro. "

As he stopped hosing down oil he smirked, this was a fun battle for him, not having fought many devil fruit users before.

Lillith stood up at the commotion. Someone was appearently hit by a chair... No doubt a problem that occurred from to much alcohol. However, Lillith did feel an urge to see who was the victim of the abusive chair. Well, not really. She did make a motion to see who was hit, however. Standing beside the other woman, Lillith looked down on the man. Cue eyebrow twitch. Noting the direction of his gaze, she poured out the rest of her beer on his face.

Najibe smiled as he dodged one of the spurts of oil, but forgetting he was only using two tentacles to keep himself above ground; he wobbled a little bit and got his left arm blasted by oil before sprouting another afro tentacle towards the ground and regaining his composure. "Whew...close one!" "Heheh, thanks for the compliment, Oil Man! Just call me...Najibe." he replied as he threw the other two afro tentacle balls he had towards Gin's arms and legs, while making sure to keep his tentacles away from the giant oil puddle that was now forming. "Hmm...this guy's definitely interesting...and very tactical too; if I hadn't figured out his 'set my afro on fire plan,' I'd have a freakin blemished 'fro for a few weeks..."

Gin smiled broadly when he saw he had hit Najibe, although barely, on his left arm that he forgot to move towards the oil puddle nearby. He tried moving sideways by using a swaying motion and jumping but he was far too slow for the fastmoving growing tentacles. They caught his right arm and left leg making him unstable during the jump which caused him to fall on his side.

Quickly going over possible exits to this entrapment he realized something. A hint of misschief was visible in his eyes before aiming his blackened finger at a spot right above the highest tentacle around his arm. He shot out a jetstream of black oil cutting off his own arm, followed by cutting of his leg. Lying on the floor, mangled and disfigured he laughed while reforming his arm and leg.

" Hahaaa, you got me good Najibe. Those were some excellent throws. "

" I see no end to this fight so how about we call it a day? If you're still up for it, I'll recommend you to my captain and we can sail together in search of One Piece. After I clean up the oil from your arm. " He said with a broad smile on his face.

This friendly match greatly amused him and was a welcome training to boot, as shown he clearly needed to polish his skills further.

Vero looked around again, before seeing, in the distance a fight breaking out by the woods between two men. Or so it seemed. She narrowed her eyes before laughing loudly again. "Oh, this is good. Seems like it could be very fun." She cooed softly to herself. Leaning down on the ledge of the building Vero flipped onto the ground, ignoring the shocked outbursts that arouse and started walking.

She was heading towards the woods a way away from the two fighting, planning on sneaking into them, looping around and watching from a tree in the shade. After a little bit of a walk she saw the woods ahead, and darted across into them. Among the cool shade of the trees Vero sighed and removed her sunglasses. It hurt a little, put it wasn't something she couldn't put up with. After all, she was a pirate, not some sissy hand maiden that cried at having a split end. She laughed and looked from the woods out into the field like area. A ways to her right was where Vero saw them.

A smirk played across the young adults face as she moved, silently through the wooded underbrush towards the fight to get a better view than what her cursed eyes already gave her. Nearing about 20 yards from them, she climbed into a tree, finding a thick branch she lay out on it, lazily watching the fight and slightly nodding off in the process.

Najibe grinned before laughing; after all, this was the first time he had met someone who was interesting. The clients he used to deal with bored him with their talks of women, drunken revelry, and other things, but the man that was definitely something else...

"You were awesome yourself, Gin," Najibe said honestly. "I'd have probably lost if I had not retracted my afro tentacles back. If there are more guys like you on your crew, I'd love to...wait, you're not the captain?! Awww, man...well, if you're not the captain, I'd just hate to imagine how strong your captain must be if there's someone in his crew as strong as you are," he complimented. "Consider me part of the team, then!" Najibe offered his right arm to shake.

Gin grinned and grabbed hold of Najibe's arm after standing back up.

" Our captain sure has an interesting ability I can tell you that, he's dependable to boot. Let's head to the pier, he's bound to be there checking up on our new ship. You'll like the rest of the crew too, maybe not the woman though...she has an *unique* personality. " He laughed.

" Nah I kid, they're all dependable and an interesting bunch. "

" Let's head out aye ? "
He said after patting Najibe on the shoulder both to show his comraderie and to remove the oil by taking it back into his black hand.

Najibe oooohed and ahhhhhed as he saw the oil that drenched his arm was easily removed. "Nice." he replied in response to Gin sucking up the oil from his arm. "Heheh, I wonder though, what's the name of your ship? And what does it look like? Any advanced weapon technology in it?" Najibe asked, bombarding Gin with a load of questions.

:: Kaito came back out after emptying all the boxes, filling his awesome freezer, and pplacing everything else where it went. All in an hours work or so. It was good. He was happy, the ability to make meals was a necessary job to survive at sea for long periods of time. He walked outside and stretched out as best he could. In a way he supposed he was a bit excited to get out to sea, on a good ship with a good crew. It was the adventure he had been look forward to his whole life. Even if it was as a pirate. Marines where always to strict. ::

Kaito: "Well, well, what do i need to work on now?"

:: He grabbed a secondary clipboard off the box that was currently on the ship. He checked off all the food. The cap'n had checked in most the non perishable goods. Tools!. Shoot! He forgot all about his tools. He looked around and after awhile noticed that one box was missing. He jogged down the plank and looked in it. Ah, here everything was. His tools for all the misc. repairs he might have to do. ::

This stuff goes in my room i suppose...

:: He took the box and all the supplies up into his room. There in he also claimed his room as the one of the rooms attacked to the kitchen/entertainment room. ::

" Well, I can't tell you too much or else it wouldn't be a surprise now would it. " He said with a grin.

" Nah, the ship's name is * The Gangrene Dragon * and it's a pretty damn big ship for our relatively small crew. "

He quickly added:
" But they're all strong and trustworthy. " Hoping he didn't blew his new crewmate.

After a while of talking and getting to know eachother the harbor came into sight. A majestic ship was seen dobbering right by the pier.

Gin pointed and said
" That's our beauty right there. "

" Oh and I don't know if we got any new fancy gadgets for our ship but I can tell you we have the finest cannons in the Grand Line, I handpicked them myself. I'm the cannoneer you see. "

::Geroy was polishing the dragonhead figurine on the front of the ship, when Gin walked up to the dock with a new friend.::

Geroy: "Got into another fight did you? who was it this time?"

::He swung his weight over, and dropped onto the dock, catching his weight on all four limbs like a cat, he tossed the oiled rag to Gin, and offered his hand to Naijbe::

Geroy: "Well hello there, any friend of Gin is a friend of mine. Have you come to join us on our pleasure tour of the Grand Line?"

Vero sighed as she had arrived as the fight had dwindled down and the two left. She put on a crooked grin and put her sunglasses back on and lay there. She could hear the light breeze going through the tree tops. It sounded a lot like water. The dark haired lady smiled and stared up at all the leaves, inspecting the lines that ran across them. Like little currents or schools of fish. "My own personal green sea."

She reached up to grab hold of a leaf only to have it be just far enough away where only the tip of her finger could brush it. She let her arm fall back down. Mmm, I feel thirsty...maybe some place back in there could be good. Possibly not disgusting too. Yeah, that would be cool. Rolling off the tree branch, Vero hit the ground with a small thud. Rocking up onto her feet, the black haired woman started off back into the city like place of Smuggler's Cove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back