One Piece: The New Age [RP]

Carl

Not A Llama...
Gin was strolling around the alleyways and unpaved streets of Smuggler's Cove with his arms behind his head, taking in all that he saw. The cove was vibrant just like he remembered from his younger days when he was part of his father's crew, bars were filled to the brim with occasionally a spot opening up after someone got thrown out in a friendly, or unfriendly, brawl. Shopkeepers were loud and obnoxiously promoting their so-called treasures. Seagulls were flying over the establishments and the sun was shining hard upon the earth.

" Aaahh, this is the life. "
He thought as he peared over his shoulder, looking at a possible hearbreaker.

" I wonder what the rest of the crew is up to, it's been a while since we've docked...I'm sure they'll be alright anyway. "

He rearranged his vest to cover up his dynamite sticks better, he didn't want a kid lighting them for fun and blowing this entire island to smithereens.

" Playing with the devil "
He called it if someone asked why an Oil-Man was carrying something that was meant to be kept as far away from him as possible.

He stopped at " The Rearing Stallion " and looked at the hangsign, it was barely hanging on to its hinges and on the wooden plack was, appropriatly, a rearing silver stallion portrayed.

" This will do just fine. "
He said to himself and entered the bar, seating himself in a corner...he didn't like to leave his back unprotected when not moving, exceptions are made when he's with his crew.

" Woman, good woman, I'll have a pint. "
He said loud enough to be heared at the counter.

It didn't take long for the waitress to bring him his pint, he paid in bronze coins and thought to himself...

" Yes, this is the life. "

Ker Tela was running top speed with no signs of slowing down a grin easily showing as she ran with a mans Bottle of Rum "Come'un u kan muv quikker den dat" Her speech as horrible as always now just teasing the old washed up drunken pirate by running backwards still jumping over barrels and moving quickly around the bustling Smugglers Cove. "Ai kan't be dat herd tuh ketch" Even as she tripped by not jumping high enough she caught herself not spilling a single drop of rum "Ai kuld johst drank et mahsellf" She continued running away.

(Her grammer is HORRIBLE!!! so I'll just put it down here in order that she says it)

(Come on, you can move quicker then that)

(I can't be that hard to catch)

(I could just drink it myself)

Scam was sitting on the top of the highest building of Smuggalers cove, mapping it out and think of what to do next. Even think of what happens if she did get the One piece. in one piece. Scram sigh from thoughs of getting One piece and started to remember what time it is, she lloked at the sun a mapped out North, east south and west and got the time. it was around 1:00 ish. Scram sat up and stretched he arms in to the air and started climbing down. "Map comptete. Now to map out the rest of the alleys, and hidden roads." When scram got to the ground she started walking down a random alley mapping out its routes. She was about to enter the main road when some girl getting chased by a drunk person speed past her and almost screwing up her map. "Watch were yur going." Scram yelled at the girl down the alley way. "Some pirates need to learn so respect." She said to herself with a long sigh.

Scram started to get hungry around the time of three and spotted a good place to eat. The place was called " The Rearing Stallion " There was only about 3 people there including the waitresses. Scram walked in at sat on the opposite side of the other people so hopefully she wouldn't be bothered, she she could finish the map legend. "Can I get a egg with some bacon please." she asked the waitresses politly.

Yui hummed to herself as she wandered around the town. She looked through the shop windows as she passed them by, but found nothing of interest anywhere. With so many people hording the busy streets, it was becoming hard to see, so she pushed through the crowds and tried to find somewhere she wouldn't be so squashed.

After all, it wasn't good for her to be in the crowd- someone might mistake her for one of them. Yui blanched at the thought. She was much better than those lowly pirates and she knew it. It takes a special breed of pirate to have a presence quite like hers. It was such a shame that her crewmates didn't understand that, and they somehow got it into their heads that they were the same as her.

The captain especially was a nuisance. Really, he had the gall to order her around! Who did he think he was?

The crowd started to thin as she moved away from the shops and into a more open area. She looked around for a seat, and found all of them taken, so she glared at one of the seated people until he realised his place and moved. It didn't work though, and instead the person sneered back at her. Yui sniffed, pirates these days have no manners.

-

Kakeru walked gracefully around his ship with a frown marring his attractive features.

"Is there something wrong, Vice-Admiral?" one of his underlings inquired.

Kakeru turned to face the marine, who held his nose to cover the nosebleed he got after receiving the full force of the Vice-Admiral's Kyun Sparkles. "I am frustrated, clearly. We've been here for hours. A place the marine's cannot enter? What garbage is this! Why would the World Government have need of something like this?"

Another marine replied, doing his best not to look at his commander. "Sir, there's nothing we can do here, we should head elsewhere. We're wasting our-"

"Did I ask for your opinion?" Kakeru interrupted coldly. "We will stay here as long as is necessary. These pirates aren't going to escape because of your impatience."

:: Kaito was walking around. He found himself rather board. His crew was not new but they were still small and only 3 men strong he was not sure as to what to do. Then he saw it. So then he chased after her. Almost stalker he before he called her out.

Kaito: "Yui! Yui! Where are you goin'? Mind if i follow?"

Najibe started to head towards one of the finest pubs in all of Smuggler's Cove, "The Roaring Stallion," in order to claim his money from one of his clients. Scratching his huge afro before walking in, Najibe scanned his surroundings for the so-called client. "Sunglasses and a gray robe....now where the hell is he?" Najibe thought before spotting his client sitting at the back corner of the pub. Walking over and sitting down, Najibe went straight away to business.

"You got the money?" Najibe asked. The client started to ask Najibe for the goods before handing over the money. Najibe sighed before taking out a grubby package and handing it over to him. The client quickly pocketed it and handed Najibe a tiny sack of gold. Smiling as he put the gold in his pocket, Najibe got up and started to walk away...

...That is, until a drunken customer "accidentally" touched Najibe's afro. "Did...you just...TOUCH MY AFRO?!!!!" Najibe said in a booming voice before wrapping the poor shlub in his afro tentacles. As much as he wanted to kill the pathetic fool for even going near his afro, he wanted to keep as much attention away from himself as possible...unfortunately, that plan of action failed the moment that Najibe started yelling and attacking the guy. Scowling, Najibe released the man before moving to an empty table and ordering a drink for himself. After all, he needed something to calm his nerves...

Scram got her Bacon and eggs right as some one with a strange afro walks in, she doesn't think much of it and goes back to working on her legend. then she heres a loud shout and a guy yelling that someone attacked his hair. "Wow, how ever tho-" Scram was half why through her sentance when tentacles came flying out of this guys hair. She was starteled at first but then remembered about the devil fruits, so she didn't think much of it. "Hm, tentacles how origonail." Scram said to herself, and then went back to eating and making her legend.

Quite the fuss was created by a man touching a pirate's afro but it amused Gin to be honest. After the fight ended Gin went over and stood across the man, making sure he wasn't anywhere near the afro he said:

" Nice hairdo you got there man. Very stylish. My name's Gin btw and I'm on a quest to recruit promising young men as yourself. Care to join an evergrowing, strong pirate crew who's mission is to sail the Grand Line and retrieve One Piece ? "

He realized he just spouted a heap of information out so he gave the man a moment to think.

:: Sadly as she called out, his voice was muffled and he lost sight of her. Now what was he going to do. ::

Kaito: "Well this blows. Now what do i do..."

:: He turned around, lost in the crowd many times. Walking around for minutes until he heard shouting. going into the building in which he heard it, he saw a fellow member. and some dude with an afro. It was epic. He laughed. ::

Kaito: "Oh man, dude, your Afro is AWESOME!"

:: He adjusted his goggles on his head a little. This was mostly to itch a spot on his head. Then he noticed his buddy in the corner. However he was talking to the man with a fro. He even went to recruit. ::

Kaito: "Hey Gin, Whoa? Not even gonna ask your crew mates first?"

Ker Tela got away from the guy after she got bored and left the bottle on a barrel. Guh why does everyone here suck sooooo~~ much She walked around still bored "Ai no" she yelled out not caring who heard. She made a run for a house on a lower level then her and jumped onto the roof, quickly she changed directions and jumped again grabbing a hold of a clothing wire and using cloth on her hands to avoid cutting them while sliding down the wire to another lower leveled house.

She spotted a small brawl happening a small distance away and launched herself in that direction. "Hay!!" she said running by and taking 2 swords (1 from each opponent) "Missen ah cupole uv thins" the pirates looked at her weird then charged her, she repeated her earlier movements of jumping down a level onto a building a few pirates following her but none following her as she jumped through a window into a house. "Cahmon!!!" dissapointed theey wernt following her she threw the swords into the floor boards and walked out the front door like nothing happened.

(I know)

(Hey)

(Missing a couple of things)

(Come On)

By the time Najibe had finished his drink, he felt much better about the situation that happened with the drunken customer. As Najibe was getting prepared to leave, he noticed two people behind him: One of them was Gin, the Johnny-Depp looking character that asked Najibe to join his crew and another person that looked like a gruff mechanic; he wondered if these two people knew each other...

"Thank you for the compliment," he replied to the gruffy-looking mechanic. "One Piece? Isn't that just a myth?" Najibe asked the two strangers, testing to see if they actually believed in One Piece or if they were just posers trying to rob him of his money...however, if what Gin said was true and he really was looking for One Piece, Najibe could actually become famous, maybe even have an epic adventure on his hands!

Scram finish her Legend faster then she expected and asked for the tab of the meal. She might be a pirate, but she pays her bills. when she got the tab she over heard from the now three guys talking about One piece. "they'll never get there with out a navi." Scram said to herself trying to gather up as much courage as she can muster. Scram got up and walk over to the guys. "I over heard One piece, and wondered if you guys are trying to find it. Mind if I help." Scram said with ease. "Sorry let me introduce myself I am Scramdos, or scram for short."

The sound of out glasses hitting each other, liquid splashing on the ground and tables. It was a bunch of drunk pirates having a good time. there was a think layer of smoke that hunger over all of the bar, which was no surprise with the number of smokers that where there.

A man took to the stage that was at the back of the bar. There wasn't much to the stage, it just sat above the floor with a mic and a stool. He sat a guitar case on the stool and opened it up. He pulled out a guitar putting the shoulder strap around his back. It came over his left shoulder and reconnected with the guitar under his right arm. He then placed the guitar case on the ground and sat on the stool.

"Are you already...." He said in a low voice but still into the mic. He then started to strum his guitar and the sound filled the room. All the patrons in the bar started look at him. There good time slowly started to turn into a great time as the got even more drunk then before. The man who was sitting at the stool just sat there with a some what smirk on his face as he hung his head over his guitar. "looks like there having fun..."

Mikayla dusted her hands off and glared down at the heap of what was left of the men who had dared tried to feel her up. "Savages!" she spat down at them. She then walked over to her bag and pulled out a small vial and some cloth and tossed it at one of the beaten men's friends. "Here. Dab that on their wounds twice a day and they should heal fairly quickly." She grinned as the unnerved man caught the vial, stuttered his acknowledgment and gather his companions off the ground. Once she was rid of them, she strolled down the streets looking for a good bar. "I could go for some nice warm food right about now." It had been a while since she'd eaten anything more substantial than porridge. She paused as the sound of a guitar floated to her ears from a nearby tavern and grinned. "Sounds like a fun place. I might even be able to make some quick cash with a dance or two," she thought out loud. With that, she strolled down the street, her bag thrown over her shoulder and her daggers clearly visible to warn anyone not to mess with her.

Thinking she'd heart Kaito's voice, Yui turned around, but saw nothing but the ignorant fools she saw last time she turned around. Oh really, Kaito wasn't fool enough to bother her when she was playing the Cool Loner, she should know that by now.

She stood there for short while longer, but eventually grew bored and wandered back into the crowded town. She soon found a bar, one that she'd passed earlier called "The Rearing Stallion". She wandered inside- not that she planned on drinking at this point in time. What idiot would get intoxicated in a place like this? She had way too much class for such things!

She caught sight of Gin sitting at the bar deep in conversation with a couple of complete strangers. She considered going over and joining, but she didn't want to be seen in public with that lout. As wonderful a crewmate as he was, she had a reputation to think of. So instead she found a table in the corner and sat down.

In the corner of his eye Gin Yui, one his crewmates who was quite the poser, enter and sit by herself at a table. Not caring enough to go greet her and realizing she probably doesn't want him to anyway he continued the conversation.

He adressed his other crewmate first: " It's not like what I'm saying is law, I'm just inviting him for an audition with our captain. Somehow he seems dependable and humurous...two qualities I like in any of our crewmates. "

Then he directed himself back to the afro-man: " One Piece is real, I don't care what anyone says. I believe in it and that's all I need to go out and search for it with the company of other people who feel the same way. You don't believe in it ? " He asked sincerely.

Ker Tela was far to angry about the pirates giving up the chase, and so quickly at that she had decided to go back to the bar she stole the bottle of rum from earlier "Dam Pirats, theh dun't evn desurf duh nam!!" She was close to the owner of "The Rearing Stallion" always causing more trouble to the people who never payed there dues to him. Luckily she got enough cash for housing from that job... food was a different story for her, she stole what she needed and joked about stealing more, handing it back everytime.

She walked inside seeing a lot less violence then usual only now noticing the great guitar playing from the stage. She noticed a lot of new people "Eh, ooh be dah nu pirats??" She yelled over to the owner who shrugged "dam" She was smilling "Luks lahk fon kan be hud hear." the smile turning into a smirk. She dropped the smirk and looked around seeing one girl in a corner I could sneak around her even though she's in a corner but doing anything from there... guhh I'd be caught in a second she turned to see a guy with an afro Hmm, that's funny she laughed and just sat down at the bar.

(Damn Pirates, they don't even deserve the name!!)

(Hey, who are the new pirates??)

(Damn)

(Looks like fun can be had here)

A lone woman sat in the back of the bar as the sounds of a guitar filled the room. She was sitting in her chair, propped to the wall. Her face unmoving, unchanging, if only to look around at someone different. Most people were disturbed, annoyed, or just ignored her. Lillith hadn't said anything since she got in Smuggler's Cove. She hadn't the need to. Previously, she had just been a drifter. Which is how she got in this dump in the first place. The melodic sounds of the man's guitar her ears. The woman's expression hadn't changed. She just listened to the songs, sipping her beer, staring at the happy pirates.

Sitting down and doing nothing became boring just as everything else had, so Yui skipped ahead to glowering at Gin. She didn't want to talk to him or acknowledge him, but it wouldn't kill him to acknowledge her. Stupid Gin.

The sound of some of a guitar filled her ears, and she closed her eyes and tapped the table along with the beat. The player wasn't great, but the tune was pleasant and that was worth something.

She leaned back in the chair, having grown bored of Gin's lousy head. The ceiling was equally uninteresting, but marginally less irritating than the pirates making noise throughout the room.

::Geroy barged into the Rearing Stallion, the biggest bars usually held the most pirates, something he would need if he were to conquer the grand line. However, most of the pirates he had meed were either good-for-nothing-scum, or already were in a crew. He entered the main room, and waited a moment as his eyes soon adjusted to the dim lighting. He scanned the bar for any prospective cremates, at least THIS bar held some promising people, unlike the previous three he had visited in this town, or the five in the town before::

Geroy: "I'll take a coffee with rum, and a bagel with chocolate creme... Oh, and one of those cakey looking pastry things!"

::Once ordered and seated, Geroy waited for his food, and watched he pirates from across the room::

After hearing those words come from Gin's lips, he took a good look at his eyes to see if there were any signs of deception or doubt in them...after a few seconds, Najibe laughed. "Looks like there's another one trying to search for the ever elusive One Piece! Normally, I probably would have thought you were crazy, but I can tell that you're actually serious about trying to find it...I like that!" Najibe complimented. "Maybe these people are actually legitimate...after all, stealing songs is profitable, but can get a bit boring..." he thought as he stared down Gin and his subordinate. "All right, Gin, I'll make you a deal. Show me your strength and then I'll decide whether it'll be worthwhile to join your crew. Deal?" Najibe asked, offering his hand to shake as a gentlemanly agreement.

Yui caught sight of her captain coming into the bar.

Really, what kind of captain goes drinking at a place like this...? He doesn't deserve the title! she thought, You'd never catch me in a place like this, not in broad daylight anyway.

She fell out of her chair with a start. Wait a minute, I am here in broad daylight. Damn it!

After jumping to her feet in the most graceful way possible, she strode out of the Rearing Stallion. Then she walked back in.

"What a dirty building, there's no way I'm drinking in here!"

With that, she left left once again, this time with her head held high.

The man on the stage ended his song and stood up. "Thank you..." he said as he took a bow too. His voice didn't have any really tone to it no really caring if they like it or not. He sat back down on the stool that was on stage. He looked out across the crowd of people. "This is for all the women her tonight..." he said again not really having any emotion in his voice. The man started to play the guitar again this time the tone was more up beat then the last one. He looked up from his hunger over position of the guitar. He could see all the people it look like they where having a good time but it could just be the fact that the drunk idiots who could get into a drunk brawl at any moment. "There still having a good time....drunk morons."

A hand swept across a dark sheet covering a window and moved it to the side slightly. A hiss of pain followed after and the sheet fell back in place. Vero rubbed her eyes more annoyed than anything at the moment. She had been sleeping most of the day away and had the smart thought to think that it was dark out. Bull Shit. She groaned and sat up in the bed that she had been laying in for a while. For a hotel she had paid a fair amount of money too, their rooms sucked. Ceiling full of tiny cracks, wall paint chipped, disgusting looking pillow-which she had thrown on the floor- just wasn't worth it.

Not wanting to stay in this hell hole all day Vero stood up, grabbing her sunglasses of the stand and popping them on. For a moment, everything looked like it was actually nice, till her eye sight adjusted and it went back to normal. The black haired lady adjusted her shirt before climbing out the window that had blinded her a few minutes before.Vero let out a sigh and pushed her glasses more securely onto her face. No need for sudden shock now was there? "Let's see....what can I do to get a laugh?" She put her hands on her hips, and just stood there, on the roof like ledge looking over Smugglers Cove- or what she could see without building in the way- for something to do.

Ker Tela was watching as people were coming in. One sounded rather nice... which wasn't often around here he also seemed like some really good fun, she watched as the one girl from the corner fell on her ass got up gracefully walk out then back in insulting the place Pathetic she rolled her eyes and looked as the guitar guy ended one song started up a better one. She smiled. She walked over to the man sitting at bar and tapped his shoulder and faked continuing to walk across to the other side of him then spoke whether he was fooled or not "You from around here??"

Users who are viewing this thread