One Piece: The New Age [RP]

:: Oh snap everyone was in here now. Hands in his pockets he sat down at the bar. He caught sight of Yui again, but she left. Gin? Well he was good at recruiting people but then the captain had come in. He seemed like a nice man. Never really treated him horribly. ::

Kaito: "Nice Gin! We could always uses a few more hands on the ship. Oh hey, also, What are we doing here again? I forgot what needed to be done. Maybe you could refresh my memory."

:: He carefully eyed the captain, drinking his cofahol drink and some pastry thing. It looked good. He decided to get one himself. He waved his finger around to get the barkeep's attention. ::

Kaito: "Can i get one of those pastry things that man has down there?"

:: He pointed to his captain, then waited for the item and a reply from his crew member. ::

Myko'itac, Captain of the Lady Killers! He was charming every girl in sight along the streets of Smuggler's Cove - mostly out of boredom. He was really waiting for the opportune moment to recruit some pirates to his crew - if you can call it that. He glanced towards a pretty brunette with bright baby blue eyes, and he flashed a brilliant smile at her. Instantly he had her at his whim, as he winked at her.

"Hey there, sweet cheeks, how about you and I get a room together and enjoy the rest of the night?", he said to her playfully. Wrong thing to say, though... the brunette didn't mind, of course, but her boyfriend - who just got back from a blacksmith's store - stared daggers at Myko.

"That's my girl you rotten punk! Nobody charms my girl when I'm around!", the brunette's boyfriend roared.

"Oh, but you weren't around two seconds ago, mate. You just showed up at the wrong time!", Myko said to the angered boyfriend with a smirk on his face. This wasn't the smartest thing to say; the brunette's boyfriend was fuming now - his face a deep shade of red. The fuming boyfriend ripped out a new dagger he had just bought and lunged at Myko with it. Myko, who was perfectly calm, side-stepped his angry attacker and swiftly knocked him to the ground by tripping up his feet. The angered boyfriend fell flat on his face and stared at Myko in a daze.

"Next time wait a few more minutes, then you won't have to see your girl daydreaming about another man.", said Myko with a laugh. He gave the brunette one last wink - at which she melted - then took off down the street where he could hear a guitar playing in a nearby bar.

"Time for a little entertainment and a bite to eat!", Myko said cheerfully.

Kayla watched curiously as a girl came out of the bar with her head held high. She shrugged to herself and then entered. The layout was as usual, drunken pirates causing a ruckus and leaning over tables and bars or playing rowdy card games that usually ended in brawls. She shook her head as she headed for a table close to the bar. She set her bag down before taking the few steps to the bar to order some food, keeping a close watch on her supplies.

"I'll have your pheasant plate and a pint of rum," she told the bar keep. The keep acknowledged her and took her coin before she turned to take a seat at her chosen table. She then closed her eyes and let herself get lost in the music the guitar player was strumming out. It's been a while since I've had something to dance to. She sighed inwardly and continued to listen. To dance here would probably get her attention she didn't want. The tune floated over her like a warm breeze at sea and she began to daydream of the open ocean.

Myko continued down the semi-crowded street, deciding not to sweep anymore women off their feet. Getting into fights wasn't something he was really in the mood for, and feeling lazy isn't good in a fight. He reached the bar where the music was playing and entered inside. It was pretty active inside; drunks everywhere, enjoying the music, dancing, playing cards, stuffing their faces, you name it. Myko grinned, entertainment at last.

Myko walked over to the bar and ordered a fancy alcoholic drink he couldn't pronounce the name of then went over to a crowded table where some drunks were playing poker.

"Well hello there. Mind if I join?", Myko asked with a friendly smile. They all stared at him briefly, unsure whether to let him join or not, but they were too drunk to care. Mistake on their part, though. After a few games they were all reduced to nothing but spare change. Myko had taken all their money by winning each game.

"Y-you ch-cheated! Giiive u-usss our moneh back!", exclaimed one of the drunks. Myko stared at him, a look of disbelief on his face. He didn't cheat! They're just too drunk to have even had a chance at winning! Myko thought to himself.

"I did no such thing as cheat! I would never!", Myko said, a bit stung now. "I honor the game of poker; cheating is the lowest thing a man could possibly do!"

"L-liaaah! You cheat us and t-t-take ourr moooneh! G-get'em!!", yelled one of the drunks. The others roared in agreement, and before he knew it, Myko was in a brawl with four drunks. Normally he would have the upper hand in a situation like this, but his reflexes were actually a bit slower than he anticipated because of the odd drink he ordered. He was able to avoid getting hit a few times, but getting a bottle smashed above his head, then thrown on top of the table, dazed him beyond belief.

"Ugghhh... next time... I won't... order something I've... never heard... of...", Myko muttered groggily, just as a wooden chair was dropped on his head. He was actually fairly lucky that his assailants were drunk, because they didn't last too long and passed out quite quickly from all the alcohol they ingested.

Myko stared around at the dazed crowd, seeing double after being thrown around and hit on the head and face so much - and because of the odd drink he ordered, of course.

"A... lil' help?", he said in a fairly low voice.

Kayla was abruptly torn from her pleasant daydreaming by the sound of a loud brawl breaking out. She twicthed in annoyance without opening her eyes. "It's always the same. Men..." she said to herself before turning to watch the display of 'manliness among men'. she watched as one man was thrown into a table and then had a chair broken over his head and then snickered as the ones doing most of the attacking actually passed out in the middle of the floor. She heard the man mutter his low cry for assistance and sighed. "Can't be helped I suppose." She rose from her seat and walked over to offer to help him to her table where she would see if he was alright.

Myko looks up at the girl that decided to answer his call for help. She looked familiar, as he gazed into her bright green eyes and glanced at her curly black hair. He wasn't quite sure if her knew her from somewhere or not, but he guessed it didn't matter much at the moment. Though, judging by the way she was dressed and the way she looked, he had a feeling she wouldn't be able to help him. It must be my dashing good looks that pushed her to come over to help me! Myko thought to himself.

"Well... hey there, beautiful.", Myko said to the girl with a grin. "Come to... help me, eh? Quite.. nice of you..." He couldn't help but slur his speech a bit as it seemed most of the sense in his head was knocked out when he was hit with the chair. He was beginning to see blinking lights - a sign he would most likely end up passing out.

BANG BANG BANG!

Came the gunshots as Eva was running fast down the streets of Smuggler's Cove. "Give us back our money you stupid broad!" The men shouted as they ran after the small white haired woman, they were firing their guns periodically attempting to hit Eva; but far too drunk to actually do anything but nearly murder several bystanders. She flailed her arms slightly as several bullets hit the ground right behind her heels.

"No way! I stole it fair and square!" She yelled, scrambling over a fence and taking off. Eva took off running once again, skirting around corners and taking side alleys. She cursed as she ran into a dead end, the only way out... Was down...

"She went down this way!"

Looking back Eva saw the men chasing her running towards her position. Taking a deep breath, she took a step back and launched forward. Unfortunately to Eva's undying horror, below her was not a dry landing, but ocean water... She hit the water with a splash and immediately began to sink, the only thing that saved her was a fisherman's net that she was able to latch onto.

Slowly, painstakingly slowly, Eva began to pull herself out of the water and onto a moving boat... It was extremely small, only made for one or two people. She hauled herself onto the boat, scaring the fisherman half to death. Looking up, she saw the men chasing her standing on the ledge she had jumped from. Eva scrambled to try and get up but her limbs felt like heavy metal; she grimaced... Laying there all exposed; she saw the men hold up their guns to try and shoot at her.

Just as they fired, the boat Eva was on drifted beneath a bridge..

The song ended with a flowing strum of the guitar. He stood up again, his stool sliding back. He put the guitar case on the stool and opened it. He put the guitar in the case and closed, he turned to the mic. "Thank you..." He walked of the stage and head to the bar. "Milk please..." The bar tender looked at him with looked on his face like he was going to burst laughing. "Ha! what kind of man drinks milk!?" He blurted out. "Here you go twig man!" The bar tender turned around and started to clean some glasses. "Thanks..." the man said taking a sip of his milk. The man light up a cigarette and inhaled. He blow the smoke out his nose as he took another sip of his drink.

Kayla saw that it would be useless to move him to her table yet. "Mm. I have such a golden heart," she said a little sarcastically. She lifted the mans eyelids and examined his pupils for a second. She smacked him a couple of times to wake him up, noting the slurring in his voice and the unfocused states of his eyes. "You can't sleep. I think you have a concussion," she said while feeling his head for any broken skin or cuts. When she was finished with that she looked into his eyes and held a finger in front of his face. "Follow my finger as best as you can." She knew that a lot of his disorientation was probably from the liquor she could smell on his breath but she would take no chances as a physician.

" If that's your wish, I will comply. " Gin responded with a grim look on his face, he didn't like using his powers except when used against hostile pirates or the Marines.

" Want to go outside or stay indoors? I propose we go outside since we could attract unwanted fellahs joining our little fight if we stayed indoors. "

:: As he stuffed his face with a little pastry. He overheard the afro man challenge Gin to a battle. Well that was all fine and dandy. He figured being the man he was, he would do what was right. Kaito walked over and put his hand on Gin's shoulder. Looking him in the eye he asked him a question. ::

Kaito: "So, ya need help fightn' him, or doing this honorary style with ah one on one?"

:: He chuckled a few times before removing his hand. He pretty much knew the answer but he still thought he would ask. Gin sometimes did things he wouldn't expect. Just another reason he loved his crew. ::

::Geroy wiped the coffee and crumbs off his lips with the back of his sleeve::

Geroy: "Bleh... I've had better... at least it LOOKED good before my first bite..."

::He grudgingly payed the waitress, mainly because she was cute. if she wasn't, he likely would have snuck off without paying::

Geroy: "Alright, I've still got to prep my ship before I can take off, I wonder if the shipyard is done fixing her...?"

::He left the less-than-satisfactory bar and crossed the muddy town streets to get to the shipyard::

" Nah man, it's all guud. I got this. " He said confidently to his mate. Although he had no idea what he was up against, for all he knew his afro could fire fireballs and he'd be screwed.

" Ok, let's go outside already? "
He asked the afroman.

::Geroy reached the shipyard in time to see his ship, hoisted in the air, getting cleaned up, and the final touches were being laid about it::

Geroy: "Ah... the Gangrene Dragon... one of the finest ships to ever set sail... I can't wait to test out her newly rigged navigation system..."

::He hopped up over the railing, and up to the wheel, and stroked it caringly, this would be the ship to carry him through some of the most deadly known waters in the world, and he was well pleased.::

Geroy: "Allright! put her in the water! I wanna see her float!"

::The large crane creaked and groaned at the pulleys lowered the ship into the water::

Kaito: "Sounds good man, I'ma go chase after capt'n. I'm sure there's work to be done. Good luck an git us a new fellow."

:: He winked, patted him on the shoulder then chased after the captain, only to catch up to him almost as soon as he left. He was curious as to what needed to be done. He was sure to help. His hands went back into his pockets as he walked next to him. ::

:: Soon they arrived at the docks. He was in awe of the ship. It was big. Much bigger than other ships he had sailed on. And it was beautiful. The finest thing he had ever laid eyes on. He ran over and caress the bow before they placed it in the water. ::

Kaito: "Holy Shit, Cap'n, how did we ever get so lucky ta obtain a ship like this one? This is one fine beauty!"

:: Kaito stepped back to watch their baby be put into the water. This was going to be a fine adventure. He couldn't wait until they actually went to sea. ::

Kaito: "So Cap'n whatcha think? Up ta yer standards?"

The weather was rather reflective of Farrago's mood, which was a nice reinforcement, the sun warm, the harbor calm, although the town sheltered within was far from serene. Rustling and churning with life, but hiding thieves and pirates among the more honest traders and workers. His pale gold eyes were half lidded in contemplation as he leaned on the port side rail of the SS Pax Destruido, looking towards the town. He held no ill will towards such men himself, more pity, really, for their lost and foolish ways, scorning the protection of the government and the peace of satisfying work in favor of taking what wasn't theirs and spreading violence and fear.

Running a hand through his loose hair, he shook his head slightly to allow the breeze to blow it out of his face and assist him in binding it back again in a neat, professional tail before turning and searching for one of his superiors to inquire when they would set sail again.

::Gerow leaned hard on the wheel, and it spun freely to the left, the wind snapped up in the sails, and the ship did a quick about-face, and was back at the dock.::

Geroy: "She handles pretty well to, I like her. Years of pickpocketing down the drain, but hello to my new life!"

::the ship bobbed lazily against the dock as Geroy tossed Kaito a rope::

Geroy: "here you go! tie her down, we'll load up on supplies before heading out."

Slade rustled through his mohawk with his lefthand as he walked circles around the ship, shouting at, or praising whenever appropriate, his subordinates who were working diligently on the S.S. Pax Destruido. He sighed, being stuck here on this small island his temper increased exponentially.

He wanted to go get in fights or at least catch some lowlives, just for the hell of it...but noooooo, he had to stay on the ship since he was Vice-Admiral and Vice-Admirals don't get in fights, he mimicked the arrogant superiors of his from HQ, in his mind.

He decided he'd talk a bit to his mate-in-arms, Farrago.

" Hey man, any idea where we are headed next and WHEN ? "
He put emphasys on the word " when " as to make sure his feeling about being stuck here was clear to his mate.

:: He grabbed the ropes from the air. Quickly he pulled the ropes tightly, anchoring them to the dock. Man he was so excited. He wondered how well the kitchen was. Now maybe he would have a fine place to cook excellent meals. After tieing the ship down at 2 separate points he jumped all the way up and landed on the deck swiftly. It was not lasted long as he lowered the plank from ship to dock. Now they could load the ship better. He already had some food supplies ready. They just needed to be loaded. ::

Kaito: "Wow this sure is somtin' Cant wait ta git her loaded and set sail. "

:: He scratched the back of his head. What was there left to obtain? He started to walk down the platform. ::

Kaito: "Well, I already bought all our food supplies, the men need ta just load it up."

:: He checked his pockets and like he thought, completely broke. ::

Kaito: " What's ta setup in da kitch'? Is it all up ta standards with the rest of this sexy lady?"

::Geroy hopped down on the dock, and walked up the the pile of supplies he had bought and pulled out a clipboard::

Geroy: "Flour, Check... Beans, Check... Rice, Check... More Beans, Check... More Rice, check..."

::He separated off a section of crates and packages from the rest of the luggage and gestured vaguely to Kaito::

Geroy: "This pile here is the foodstuffs... it's edible enough I hope, bring that down to the kitchen..."

::He then went back to the clipboard and started checking off the tar, and ammo, and spare sails, and other non-edible materials::

Kaito: "Sounds good."

:: Kaito lifted a large box up on his shoulder, one that actually looked much larger than he should of been able to lift by himself. Then he pointed to about 5 other men sitting around smoking on the dock. One of them was a crippled looking old man. ::

Kaito: "Yo, dudes. Git your asses over here and get ta loading this ship."

Dock guy 1: "Dude we don't work for you. Buzz off"

Old man: "Yeah besides I'm too old to move them big boxes. Haha!"

:: What fools did he have to do everything. It's not like it would of been hard to move all that stuff. ::

Kaito: "Dude... Don't dude me... We just bought this ship, we just paid fer ya dinner tonight. Get over here and help."

:: Kaito walked over to the old man. He rested his hand on the man's shoulder. The man looked up at him questioningly. ::

Kaito: "As fer you..."

:: In an instant the man's age began to regress back to his early thirties. The man's eyes lit up as he felt better, more youthful. He flexed his muscular arm a few times testing the change. Yup it was for real. Then a frown appeared on his face. Kaito laughed out loud. ::

Kaito: "Hah Hah Hah. Damn straight sucka, now go move me some boxes. "

:: All the men grabbed the food boxes and marched up towards the kitchen. As he opened the doors, he could not believe what laid before him. A huge kitchen all set on the far side of the ship. With a large island in the center. High end stuff. A large range, only the best brass pans and utensils for cooking. In the back was a huge walk in freezer. Everything a professional chef would have. Then a large table and dining around, which from the looks of it could be used for eating, and for entertaining in the evening. ::

Kaito: "Alright, set all the boxes over there, near da entrance ta the freezer."

:: By the dockside a small black coloured box rolled towards the sea just stopping by the edge, then suddenly a wave of tiny boxes followed stopping exactly at the same place when they started to stack on one another. A shape was begining to form as it looked like human, after the last few blocks made it into place Kou was complete::

Kou: " Ah that beats walking "

::He then stretched out his arms and legs, cracking his back and neck as he glanced around. He noticed a pirate ship being loaded up on the docks with loud voices shouting from the deck::

Kou: "hmm pirates, looks like there going on a long trip with the look of that cargo"

:: He then headed in the direction of the ship to where it was being loaded, he then seperated himself into boxes matching the cargo they were carrying on board ::

Kou: {Lets see if the captains actualy quite strong on this crew, could be interesting}

--

OCC: I know how it works.. i never went in the sea... re-read it

(@J4 Just a future note about the Devil Fruits... they make it so you can't swim, I'm not sure about floating but I think you'd have died if you floated over like that... Might want someone else to get this verified though)

--

Ker Tela was a little angry as the man just got up and walked away ignoring her but she shrugged it off looked around again seeing much pass by, she turned back to her (somewhat) employer "Ai-ma taik uh boddle fer dah ruhn" She got her Rum and walked out of the bar, turning the walk into a quick run she made it to the docks in no time and watched the ships being loaded and unloaded as she always did nearing the ending of the day, she sighed. "Ai shuld stow aw-eh un anutharr shap. Ited beh fun raiden anutharr Marine base" She said out loud and cheerfully.

The wind was picking up now and she decided what she was going to do. Her smile showing such a devious thought.

(Im'a take a bottle for the run)

(I should stow away on another ship. It'd be fun raiding another Marine base)

Vice-Admiral Slade's raised voice reached Farrago before sight of him did but Farrago's posture was correct and respectful when he faced the man. "Sir," he greeted with a slight incline of his head. "We'll be departing before the day is out, though I'm not sure of the destination. However, I believe Vice-Admiral Chiiba may know."

After a moment Farrago relaxed the attentive cast to his eyes and glanced towards the shore before back to his superior. "Being inactive bothers you, sir?" He phrased it as a statement, but pitched it as a question, not familiar enough with Slade to make assumptions as this was only his first assignment with him.

Slade saluted respectfully back before returning to his normal, relaxed state of body and mind. In response to Rear Admiral Farrago's question he said, in his usual manner of speech:

" Hell yeah it does, what's the point of having a huge marine ship and a sizeable crew if it's not going to be used. I didn't sign up for this, I signed up for excitement, travels and battles. Not for standing around like a chump. "

He sighed heavily as he crossed his arms and leaned them on top of the railing.

" What about you Farrago? Why did you sign up for the Marines ? "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back