• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: Set Sail for Serenity [Closed]

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
One Piece: Set Sail For Serenity
513px-Skull_%26_crossbones.svg.png
Come Aboard…
Our story starts with a spotlight on Cecily “Cece” Eaggert. She was once the first mate on board a pirate ship called Serenity; her whole life had been on board that ship and with its crew. Then they were betrayed… by their own captain, no less, to the marines. Cecily was the only member of her crew to escape as far as she’s aware, and she watched from a distance as their ship - Serenity - was destroyed without a single board left for her to cling to from the life that she had known. That doesn’t mean she escaped with nothing, though. Cecily has a single key that she wears around her neck. She managed to steal it from her captain before getting away and she will stop at nothing until she learns what it unlocks.

About a month has passed since then and Cece’s been using her time to get out of the New World and back to Paradise because that’s where it all started for her. She wants to retrace their journey, figure out where it all went wrong. However, that’s not something she can do without a crew. In Paradise, there’s a single newspaper that is not controlled by the World Government and Cecily manages to get an advertisement into it quite easily, seeking pirates without crews to join her cause. She hides the motive for revenge, though, and disguises it as a crew seeking the ultimate treasure of their time.

Well, actually, it’s been the ultimate treasure of quite a few times. The Great Pirate Era came and went about 200 years ago and still no one managed to find anything that resembled the treasure once described by Gol D. Roger. People are still easily motivated to take to the seas in search of it, though.

It’s a journey that will be dangerous. It’s a journey that will involve marines and the world government. It’s a journey that will lead them to encounter many other pirate crews along the way. Lots of people would be capable of finding motivation to join up on such an adventure so Cece isn’t worried about finding anyone to join her.

Many applications make their way into Cecily’s hands but she only sends a few letters back requesting a meeting. After all, a ship with too many people on board won’t function as a crew. In addition, Cecily is not used to acting as a ship’s captain so it’s all new for her as well. All she has with her is her pistol, her shotguns, her key necklace and a minuscule wardrobe to call her own. Anything anyone else needs is on them… except a ship. They do need a ship and Cece has plans to acquire one. Hence their meeting location - Elephant Moon Harbor. It’s the largest free and public harbor in all of Paradise, located just a few islands beyond Reverse Mountain.

A meeting at the pub will unveil the plans to begin their venture.

The Long and Short of It
This will be a detailed rp with limited slots to fill Cecily’s crew in what will likely become a story of going headfirst against the marines with some treasure hunting sprinkled in for decoration. Available roles include navigator, cook, shipwright, record keeper, musician (or storyteller) and a single cabin boy (or girl). If anyone is able to come up with more roles (that are not swordsman, gunner or the like)that seem like good fits, I may add a few more openings. I’m hopeful that this is a roleplay where everyone posts at least once every 2-3 days, but it will require one post per week at a bare minimum.

No canon characters are around to be mentioned. This rp is 200 years after canon and assumes that the One Piece never was found.

The story will start in a situation where all characters have applied to join Cecily’s crew and received a reply message asking them to meet in a pub at Elephant Moon Harbor.

I will only be granting 1-2 devil fruits at the start of the roleplay and it will be based on the quality of the character and on how much I trust the player to use the devil fruit appropriately and without becoming too overpowered compared to the rest of the crew.

I will potentially accept players with Haki or with some of the Six Powers, but again, it's going to depend heavily on the quality of the character and on how much I feel comfortable trusting the player not to be overpowered about it. If I’ve never rped with you before, chances are I’m going to lean towards no unless the CS is pristine and your conversation in the OOC manages to convince me that a.) you’re in this for the long haul and b.) that you aren’t going to try to one shot everything we come across enemy wise.

If anyone has any questions that I missed, please feel free to ask them! I’m not reserving devil fruits and I’m not reserving positions at this time. Once I have determined that there is enough interest to move forward, that may change. I’m hopeful that with some interest, I will be able to have a CS up and running this week sometime. Thank you for your interest and hopefully you’ll come aboard!

~ Comet Lady

Last edited:
Heyo, im keen overall but mostly for playing a musician with or who gets a devil fruit. Rhyming characters are usually my jam and I I'm looking to write more lyrics in a improvised way... So the random potential of everyone's character in the one piece world could get something going I think.

No hard feelings if I'm not picked or anything but thought I should say hey to start this off like a YouTube video.

First.

I was contemplating bringing back Cletus or my mermaid doctor, but now my brain has been overpowered with a Zorro-like (as in Antonio Banderas) navigator. Currently retooling a concept that I almost used in one of your past One Piece RPs.

Guilty Gear Johnny.jpg

Well, I was hoping to grab some more interest before I made a character sheet, but I've already started working on a character sheet anyway. It should be up late tonight at some point. I work night shift tonight so I'll be in and out on my phone.

Ahoy mates!
We're still seeking a couple more pirates for our crew and our adventures! The character sheet is posted and I've already started the process of reviewing characters that are submitted. You should hear back from me pretty quickly!

Can't wait to write with y'all!

As a huge fan of the series I would love to join!
Woot! Yay!

There's a link to the character application at the top of the page and there's also a link to an OOC. Feel free to poke your head into the OOC if you have any questions while making a character or you can also shoot me a PM.

Nudge Nudge!
Some other little facts to encourage people to join. If you like pirates but don't know a lick about One Piece, guess what? You can still join the rp! Our One Piece Lore page has all the information you need to know to get started and although our group is small at the moment, we've got great people who can fill you in on any pertinent details from canon in our Chat Amongst the Crew OOC!

I'm very interested and would like to make a character, if that's aight!
I think record keeper.

Last edited:
Would it be alright if I joined? I’ve been eager to join a good One Piece for ages, now, and I would love to partake if you people would have me!

Hell yeah!

In that case, what crew roles are there currently? Since I’m torn between either being a former World Government scientist on the run after witnessing something he wasn’t supposed to see, or a scrappy young Mink bounty hunter XD

Hell yeah!

In that case, what crew roles are there currently? Since I’m torn between either being a former World Government scientist on the run after witnessing something he wasn’t supposed to see, or a scrappy young Mink bounty hunter XD
Musician and Cabin boy/girl currently, I think?

Hey, I was wondering if there was still room for another player in this rp.....I know that there may be one role left but I would like to suggest a role that might be used in the story. The role is called Boatswain, him/her are in charge of the equipment on the ship and also monitor activity of the crew to make sure nothing bad is going on.

Hey, I was wondering if there was still room for another player in this rp.....I know that there may be one role left but I would like to suggest a role that might be used in the story. The role is called Boatswain, him/her are in charge of the equipment on the ship and also monitor activity of the crew to make sure nothing bad is going on.
Hello there!

We do have room for another player. We don't have either a musician or a storyteller yet. We also don't have a cook. Meredith Meredith was working on one of the two last I checked, but I'm not sure which.

As for the boatswain suggestion, I'm not quite feeling it as a necessary thing, honestly. Each character really ought to be managing their own equipment and monitoring the crew is something that would fall squarely on the shoulders of the captain.

Hope that answers your questions!

Hello there!

We do have room for another player. We don't have either a musician or a storyteller yet. We also don't have a cook. Meredith Meredith was working on one of the two last I checked, but I'm not sure which.

As for the boatswain suggestion, I'm not quite feeling it as a necessary thing, honestly. Each character really ought to be managing their own equipment and monitoring the crew is something that would fall squarely on the shoulders of the captain.

Hope that answers your questions!
I believe the role that was gonna get taken was chef, but I would make two characters for both roles and when I see who takes one of the last two roles, I would remove the one in that role and post the other one. It may take more work than usual but it’s still important to be ready in case the situation where I post a character and that role was already taken. And about the BoatSwain thing, it was just a small question about if that role would be accepted or not but it’s good to know what you think about it. Now time to prepare my two ‘potential’ characters for either role.

Hey! I'm really interested in this and was wondering if there are any available spots? I noticed you were looking for particular roles in the crew and was wondering how would you feel about an archaeologist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back