• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece RP

Aratani

Professional Nose Bleeder
I've been catching up with the manga recently and it sparked on me the desire to build something around this fantastic universe.

I am aware that there currently is a OP RP running, but it is 100+ pages and most likely filled, so I do believe there's room for another one :)

Anyone interested?

I've been meaning to marathon One Piece, I haven't seen it in a long time. But it was always a very neat story.

If my inexperience doesn't deter you, I'd be game for the high seas!

Awesome! Now, to make this thing work, we need to settle on a few things.

@Venus, would you mind being the "narrator" of the story? I've read a bit of your TG RP and your writing is really great! I'm asking that because English is not my native language, so I feel I'm not yet capable of narrating with ease.

Secondly, are we going to be a pirate crew? Can other people join in as Marines? How are we going to deal with Akuma no Mi's?

Let's discuss this together, so we can make the best out of this experience! :D

Sure I wouldn't Mind being the Narrator of the story!

And I think if people want to join in at a later date they can either do so as Marines or we could set up "Joining" points in the story. Etc The Crew is visiting a certain gathering of some sort and attempt to recruit people or they could run into us as the Journey goes possibly?

Also I think Akuma no Mi's should be first come first serve or the person with the best profile gets that Devil fruit if two people want the same one.

That and I think people who want to start with an Akuma no mi should be incredibly Inexperienced with it and barely know how to use it, but as the story progresses they could learn new techniques?

Forgot to mention but I think Logia's should only be given out to people who are DEFINITELY planning on staying with the Rp and have a good writing skill / Character Profile.

Yeah, I also think it's cool if people were able to join in at points. Similar to the original story, really, as the Mugiwara recruit pretty much anywhere they go.

As for Akuma no Mi's, I agree with people who have them being inexperienced. Also, I think i'd be best if they were all original. We have no idea how the manga will turn out, so maybe it'd be best if we stuck to a world where the Mugiwara never existed, the Shichibukai are all different, as well as the Yonkou. It brings back the thrill of not knowing anything about our rivals!

Totally agree with the Logia thing. They are too powerful to just be given away, haha

I also Think that people who want to be Admirals should post their CS Early on Bbbuuttt don't use that character til fairly later on. It would be quite odd and Ridiculous having one of the Admirals already on their tail at the start.

Personally I plan on either having the Nikyu Nikyu no Mi.

So should we wait for one or two more people to take interest or is the Actual thread going to be posted sometime later?

Aw man, I really didn't want to use already existing Akuma no Mi's. You sure about the Nikyu Nikyu no Mi?

Let's wait and see if someone else shows up before creating the thread :)

Likewise!

I'm trying to gather up what information I can to make a proper character for this beforehand, though. Hopefully I'll have it all in time for the thread.

Hopefully this Isn't asking too much of you but do you think you can get the CS Up on here so we can make our Characters while waiting for another person to show Interest?

@Aratani

It may change, but it will not stray too much from this.

Pirate Sheet:

Pirate Sheet

Full Name:

Nickname/Title: (Keep in mind that no one begins with a title)

Crew:

Role:

Bounty: (Keep in mind that everyone begins with a 0 bounty)

Height/Weight:

Appearance:

Personality: (1 paragraph minimum/ What you like, dislike)

Character Strengths: (What are the strongest points of your personality?)

Character Flaws: (What are the weakest points of your personality?)

Behaviour: (Both in combat and out. How do your character treat enemies? And friends?)

Dream: (It's what drives forward the One Piece universe. What do your character dream of? What does s/he wish to achieve?)

Combat Style:

Akuma no Mi: (You cannot start with a Logia. Keep in mind that if you do want to start with an AKM, you need to be inexperienced with it)

Haki: (You can hint here what is your character Haki, but keep in mind they will start inexperienced with it)

Story: (What brought your character to being a pirate? What is the story behind him/her? Keep in mind that other characters will not be aware of your story, unless you or someone else tells them)
Marine Sheet:

Marine Sheet

Full Name:

Nickname/Title: (Keep in mind that no one begins with a title)

Position: (Your position in the Marines. Contact me if you wish to start as anything besides a Recruit)

Height/Weight:

Appearance:

Personality: (1 paragraph minimum/ What you like, dislike)

Character Strengths: (What are the strongest points of your personality?)

Character Flaws: (What are the weakest points of your personality?)

Behaviour: (Both in combat and out. How do your character treat enemies? And friends?)

Dream: (It's what drives forward the One Piece universe. What do your character dream of? What does s/he wish to achieve?)

Combat Style:

Akuma no Mi: (You cannot start with a Logia. Keep in mind that if you do want to start with an AKM, you need to be inexperienced with it)

Haki: (You can hint here what is your character Haki, but keep in mind they will start inexperienced with it)

Story: (What brought your character to being a pirate? What is the story behind him/her? Keep in mind that other characters will not be aware of your story, unless you or someone else tells them)

The thread is up! @Bills352

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/one-piece-dawn-of-a-new-age.118775/

See ya there /o/

I'm bumping this up to see if someone else is interested :P

@Acethekidd Came by earlier and said he wanted to be the navigator :T

Maybe you can talk to him and sort things out? As yes, you can be the Barber, haha

aww man T.T the character i had had a background played out and all DX

what other positions are open?

Well, you arrived first, so the navigator role is still yours.

Still, there's plenty of roles to be filled, such as: first mate, shipwright, musician and gunner (or sniper), just to name a few.

@Acethekidd @archduchessstorm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back