• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ONE PIECE (CLOSING SOON!)

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
one_piece_funimation_logo_by_camarinox-d4pj3am.png

The Basic Idea

What Started it All Wealth. Fame. Power. Gol D. Roger, the King of the Pirates, attained this and everything else the world had to offer, and his dying words drove countless souls to the sea. "You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now, you just have to find it!"
Welcome, everyone, to the marvelous world that is One Piece! If you've somehow stumbled in here with no knowledge of the anime or manga, don't panic because its really not that complicated of an idea. The story One Piece follows the Straw Hat Pirates led by their captain Monkey D. Luffy as they explore the seas and the Grand Line in search of the legendary One Piece. Of course, they run into their fair share of distractions along the way. Oddly enough, these pirates have a sense of right and wrong, so they are always there when they are needed. This leads them into countless adventures and they are always gaining new crew members along the way.

While this rp will not be focusing on the Straw Hat pirates, it will focus on a pirate crew also on the hunt for Gol D. Roger's legendary treasure. This will be a detailed rp that will follow original characters within the same pirate crew as they encounter countless adventures all in their continual search of the One Piece. Staying true to the spirit of the anime, new characters will be able to join in along the way and each character is more than welcome - in fact, encouraged - to have their own goal within the rp that can and will be pursued along with the pursuit of the One Piece.

Sound like fun? No, it sounds like an adventure! And so far it has been... check out our ship's log to see what we have accomplished:
Ship's Log
Ship's Log

• Tab Location: In Character Rping

Summary: It began as any ordinary day on Charybdis, the Red Ribbon Pirate ship... that is to say, it began with Scarlet trying to give orders which turned into Danny giving orders. Chaos was inevitable, however, as soon as the captain revealed that she had spent all the money. Low on funds, and desiring to travel the Grand Line, the crew began an inevitable treasure hunt so that they could resupply and resume their adventure.

As was also inevitable, the crew quickly discovered that they were not the only ones hunting their coveted treasure. Their ship was visited by The Bronze Rifle pirate members Roy, Ben and their captain Mateo. After causing a small amount of chaos, the three Bronze Rifle Pirates stole the Red Ribbon pirates' treasure map and returned to their own ship, enraging several Red Ribbon Pirates in the process.

Distracted by the Bronze Rifle Pirates' appearance, no one noticed that they were slowly but surely being drawn into a spiraling whirlpool where they encountered Scylla - a sea serpent seemingly set on destroying Charybdis. Several of the crew members tried to fight the beast. Gali's attempts proved ineffective. Tora's attempt at paralyzing the beast, however, was effective for a time until the song was interrupted by Ziggy's aptly timed bomb. In Scylla's ensuing rage, the Red Ribbon pirates have found themselves washed up on an island where a nearby ship bears a strikingly familiar image - they are once more going to encounter the Bronze Rifle Pirates.

Slowly but surely, the crew regrouped and were quick to notice the disappearance of their navigator Norman Newman. Now they are breaking up. The goal: find Norman Newman. It would also be nice to find the treasure, though. Wouldn't you all agree?!

Plot

Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid, leader of the Red Ribbon Pirates sailing upon their ship Charybdis, has decided that it is time to set sail for the Grand Line. Staying in the West Blue much longer would be pointless in her mind and the humidity is causing her hair to frizz to no end. And with her boundless energy, no one has dared to argue.

However, one problem was brought up. Before sailing for the Grand Line, it would be best to stock up on supplies and the crew is broke! Hold your horses there, Red Ribbon Pirates! In an attempt to rectify this situation, Scarlet has ordered for Charybdis to set a course for the Sea Lion's treasure, a treasure whose existence is common knowledge although the stories surrounding its guardian seem to be true in this case. What kind of pirates would be scared of a sea monster, though? Really.... come on!!

Be careful, though. You may not be the only ones pursing the Sea Lion...

One last stop before the Grand Line... Cananimal Island. Specifically selected by our navigator, Norman Newman, our crew will be making a stop to resupply because who knows what is waiting on the Grand Line? Certainly not me!

However, things begin to smell fishy even before the arrival of the Red Ribbons. And I don't mean fishy as in Tora fishy. I mean fishy as in suspicious. Could it have anything to do with the marine base on the back end of the island? And why is it called Cananimal Island to begin with? Hmm... only time will tell.

Notes From The GMs

Hello there!

First of all, I would like to thank you for actually reading this far in your exploration of the wonderful roleplay that I am attempting to create. It really means a lot!

Now, here's a little bit about me. While my username labels me DaughterofAthena, on this site a lot of people refer to me as Siren because apparently DaughterofAthena was too long or too much of a mouthful or something like that. Yes, I am obsessed with Greek mythology. I have other obsessions as well though - like writing and anime. Although One Piece is not the highest on my favorite anime lists (which include Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, Ouran Highschool Host Club and Full Metal Alchemist), I am very excited to jump into the world it gives us. I am also currently a college nursing student, so I may have days where I'm nonexistent although those are highly infrequent because I love roleplaying to death.

Now, I would like to introduce you to a good friend of mine. We actually know each other in person and have been best friends since middle school. *Drumroll* Introducing GM Number 2 *Drumroll*

Hello! I'm sonicfreak101 but feel free to call me Sonic. (It makes me feel awesome. I'd love to be as cool as Sonic xD ) I'll be moding this RP with DaughterofAthena because I am crazy about One Piece. It is one of my favorite animes and I have been wanting to do a role play for it for some time. Sadly I don't have the organizational skills to run one by myself. That is why I have teamed up with Siren (who is the QUEEN of organization) to run this RP. I'm very excited to get started and I look forward to sailing the Grand Line with you guys.

And, thank you for that astonishing introduction @sonicfreak101 !

Anyway, enough with introductions for now. Sonic and I have a lot of fun plans, hopes and dreams for this rp, but all of them depend on you, the rpers who will dare to step on board Charybdis with the Red Ribbon Pirates. It will be an adventure that can and hopefully will delve deeper into each character who joins the crew as they pursue their own dreams while in constant pursuit of the ever-elusive treasure, the One Piece. We look forward to receiving input and story suggestions from all of you as well as laying out the road for you.

Signed,

Siren and Sonic

So, do you think you're ready... to jump on board Charybdis? It only takes one step...

Well this sound sounds great and as a One Piece fan I would love to join. I'm just wondering what type of role on the ship are you looking for?

NekoChanBo said:
Well this sound sounds great and as a One Piece fan I would love to join. I'm just wondering what type of role on the ship are you looking for?
I provide some suggestions on the Character Sign-Up page. I personally think it would be really cool to have a barber. We also lack a helmsman, a blacksmith, a spy, a cabin boy/girl and a lookout if those are things you would be interested in. I am also open to other suggestions as long as they are not already in use.

DaughterofAthena said:
I provide some suggestions on the Character Sign-Up page. I personally think it would be really cool to have a barber. We also lack a helmsman, a blacksmith, a spy, a cabin boy/girl and a lookout if those are things you would be interested in. I am also open to other suggestions as long as they are not already in use.
OKAY...you had me at barber that could be so funny!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey again! @NekoChanBo are you still interested? The rp is probably going to take off again this coming week because I have loads of free time so I'm going to be getting some posts up and getting the hype train rolling again!

DaughterofAthena said:
Hey again! @NekoChanBo are you still interested? The rp is probably going to take off again this coming week because I have loads of free time so I'm going to be getting some posts up and getting the hype train rolling again!
Sorry, I can't join just as you get free time I get incredibly busy. Sorry once again I should have mentioned something sooner.

NekoChanBo said:
Sorry, I can't join just as you get free time I get incredibly busy. Sorry once again I should have mentioned something sooner.
Mmk. Just thought I would throw a line out and see what was up.

Good luck with whatever it is, though!

How long will you still be accepting for? I have very little knowledge of One Piece (stopped at the Skypiea arc) but this looks interesting enough for me to try out.

cojemo said:
How long will you still be accepting for? I have very little knowledge of One Piece (stopped at the Skypiea arc) but this looks interesting enough for me to try out.
We have been open and running since September and if you don't know anything about One Piexe at all you should still be able to participate. This rp is basically an alternate universe. We pretend canon never happened and we have our own crew seeking the treasure instead.

@DaughterofAthena That much I understand. Understanding the rules of the universe still requires SOME knowledge, but I have enough not to be too worried. Also, you're still open and will be for the foreseeable future? If that's the case then I'll probably join when I get the time.

cojemo said:
Also, you're still open and will be for the foreseeable future?
We will actually be closing for a while soon. I open it up whenever it is possible for a character to jump into a situation that is going on and then it closes when the introduction of a new character wouldn't quite be possible anymore. I imagine there will be about another week or two of being open and then it will close until the next arc starts. Then it would open back up again.

Drumonkey said:
I want to sign up and was wondering if you still needed a spy? is there any roles you need filled?
I don't think we have a spy. I will be updating out current roster in a few minutes so I should have a definitive answer then.

DaughterofAthena said:
I don't think we have a spy. I will be updating out current roster in a few minutes so I should have a definitive answer then.
great ill make a CS in the next hour or so (i am doing multiple things right now and I am making a zoan type)

good to hear, I shall make one for the crew. I have a question though will crew members be able to acquire devil fruits?

Drumonkey said:
good to hear, I shall make one for the crew. I have a question though will crew members be able to acquire devil fruits?
Eventually, it will be possible for certain crew members to obtain devil fruits although they need to be active (and when I say active, I mean I shouldn't have to message you even once because you have failed to post in 2 weeks), they need to be detailed writers (constantly going above the minimum without having to be asked), and they need to be contributing to the development of the plot, to the development of their character, and the development of the crew as a whole. I have very high expectations for devil fruit users.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaughterofAthena said:
Eventually, it will be possible for certain crew members to obtain devil fruits although they need to be active (and when I say active, I mean I shouldn't have to message you even once because you have failed to post in 2 weeks), they need to be detailed writers (constantly going above the minimum without having to be asked), and they need to be contributing to the development of the plot, to the development of their character, and the development of the crew as a whole. I have very high expectations for devil fruit users.
Got it. I warn you now I have trouble posting large paragraphs because I feel... strange I guess you could say going too far into a characters mind but I would like to try for this rp although I have looked over my other commitments and I can't join yet but I will try to join in a week or so.

Drumonkey said:
Got it. I warn you now I have trouble posting large paragraphs because I feel... strange I guess you could say going too far into a characters mind but I would like to try for this rp although I have looked over my other commitments and I can't join yet but I will try to join in a week or so.
The requirement is 3 paragraphs of 4 sentences a piece and that is the minimum I accept. If you write more paragraphs, they don't all have to be 4 sentences or anything like that. I just have to have some sort of minimum.

Also, just so you know, I am not sure how much longer this rp will be open before it closes until the next arc. There comes a time where it would be really weird for a random newbie to just jump into the group and our current story is getting close to that point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back