• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom One Piece: Brave New World (CLOSED)

tumblr_5b3adfe72fb977764f3ba608af47a649_7cb03b3e_540.gif

Wealth. Fame. Power. The man who had everything in this world... The Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. You've heard the tale before; the tale of the man who had everything in the world, the man who was the King of Pirates. His death would jumpstart what would soon be called 'The Great Age of Pirates'. 24 years later, at the Battle of Marineford, Edward Newgate's death concluded this era. Monkey D. Luffy has gone missing, and the infamous Strawhat Pirate Crew disbanded after a Marine Raid at Sabaody Archipelago. The world now holds its breath, as in this great vacuum of power, pirates storm the Grand Line from all sides wondering just who will take their place as the best of the best.

This is a One Piece RP where I'm searching for a group of roleplayers to join and create OCs that will form a custom Pirate Crew to sail through the Grand Line, follow their dreams, go on adventures and with any luck, arrive at the New World to stake their claim for the legendary One Piece! At this time, I'm only searching for four players who only play one character each, to make the roleplay as manageable and likely to get off the ground as possible. Spots will not go first come first served. I am searching for high literacy, high commitment players that can come up with unique, memorable characters I can write fun, engaging roleplay for.

The roleplay will begin at Loguetown, right before the Grand Line, one month after the events at Marineford. Players are encouraged to customize their characters backstories from wherever they choose in the world, so long as they can explain why their real story begins here. This RP will be canon-adjacent. So throughout the RP custom Devil Fruits, islands, characters and even races will be seen. You are encouraged to be as creative as you'd like, especially since One Piece is such a diverse, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink setting. However while you are allowed to play whatever race you'd like (with some exceptions such as Giants or Lunarians for obvious reasons) and have Devil Fruits (so long as they are not canonically taken in exact power or name), remember that power scaling is important. Your characters will grow stronger throughout the Rp as they vanquish new foes and overcome new obstacles on the way to the New World. Further details will be contained in the CS page.

A CS is attached to this post which anyone may apply to the rp with. All information must be fully described in said CS. I will hold open the CS and interest check until I have accepted four persons total who I feel make good additions. After four have been notified of acceptance, I will send a link to a discord server, which will be used to keep in touch OOC and plan the course of the RP.

Also curious if there's still room. Love to hop on!
Same as above! I'd be happy to take a look at any characters submitted, but please be aware that it's not first come first served, so be sure to put effort and love into your character creation! I look forward to seeing what you make.

It is not full. I want to give the thread a few days so I can sift through applications and see which I feel would work best with my concept. Please feel free to apply to the CS linked in the post to create a character. Thank you.
Cool, although I have some questions:

Face-claims: I noticed that you stated the face-claims need to be 'anime'. I have two reference pictures and was wondering if this kind of art-style would be acceptable. [ref. 1] and [ref. 2]

Theme: I also noticed that you stated that characters that are made should follow the 'theme' of One Piece. Can you identify what you mean by following the 'theme' of One Piece when making the character??

Appearance: So, through the character sheet you have one of the requirements as a description of the appearance. Did you want a full description of the appearance even if we would happen to add a picture in?

Either art style would be acceptable. Anime is a very broad range, I understand, but so long as submitted faceclaims don't look like this you should be good.

In terms of 'theme', consider your character's powersets, their personality and overall their theming. One Piece at its heart (while it is prone to melodrama and heartache) is a lighthearted, larger than life action adventure Shonen story. Thus, gritty, hard boiled or overly plain characters that would be more suited to RPs for fandoms like Tokyo Ghoul, Steins Gate would be out of place amidst the cavalcade of oddly proportioned, rough and tumble Tom and Jerry inspired cast members from Eichiro Oda's mind.

As for appearance, this is a general category to describe whatever portions for the appearance you feel might be missed by height/weight and a photo. Such as clothing, fashion sense, tattoos custom to the character not seen in the reference, and how they might appear to a passerby at first glance, how they 'comport' themselves, I suppose I would say.

View attachment 1115818

Wealth. Fame. Power. The man who had everything in this world... The Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. You've heard the tale before; the tale of the man who had everything in the world, the man who was the King of Pirates. His death would jumpstart what would soon be called 'The Great Age of Pirates'. 24 years later, at the Battle of Marineford, Edward Newgate's death concluded this era. Monkey D. Luffy has gone missing, and the infamous Strawhat Pirate Crew disbanded after a Marine Raid at Sabaody Archipelago. The world now holds its breath, as in this great vacuum of power, pirates storm the Grand Line from all sides wondering just who will take their place as the best of the best.

This is a One Piece RP where I'm searching for a group of roleplayers to join and create OCs that will form a custom Pirate Crew to sail through the Grand Line, follow their dreams, go on adventures and with any luck, arrive at the New World to stake their claim for the legendary One Piece! At this time, I'm only searching for four players who only play one character each, to make the roleplay as manageable and likely to get off the ground as possible. Spots will not go first come first served. I am searching for high literacy, high commitment players that can come up with unique, memorable characters I can write fun, engaging roleplay for.

The roleplay will begin at Loguetown, right before the Grand Line, one month after the events at Marineford. Players are encouraged to customize their characters backstories from wherever they choose in the world, so long as they can explain why their real story begins here. This RP will be canon-adjacent. So throughout the RP custom Devil Fruits, islands, characters and even races will be seen. You are encouraged to be as creative as you'd like, especially since One Piece is such a diverse, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink setting. However while you are allowed to play whatever race you'd like (with some exceptions such as Giants or Lunarians for obvious reasons) and have Devil Fruits (so long as they are not canonically taken in exact power or name), remember that power scaling is important. Your characters will grow stronger throughout the Rp as they vanquish new foes and overcome new obstacles on the way to the New World. Further details will be contained in the CS page.

A CS is attached to this post which anyone may apply to the rp with. All information must be fully described in said CS. I will hold open the CS and interest check until I have accepted four persons total who I feel make good additions. After four have been notified of acceptance, I will send a link to a discord server, which will be used to keep in touch OOC and plan the course of the RP.
How much of One Piece would this be required watching? I’ve only just gotten past 120 and am worried regarding that

Also interested, but not familiar with the main series beyond the basic power system. I have several ideas for characters.

Familiarity with the One Piece lore in totality isn't a requirement. After all, even I'm still watching up through One Piece as of now, and am currently only on Dressrosa (though I've read a fair bit of the lore up to Wano). I can answer any questions you might have about the lore, and if any devil fruits or ideas you have conflict with current canon lore, I can advise and help you avoid those inconsistencies. So long as you love the series, you are welcome here!
How much of One Piece would this be required watching? I’ve only just gotten past 120 and am worried regarding that

I'd love to join! Is there a recommended word count/literacy level for joining?

Hey, I am very interested! I'll be getting a character sheet out sometime tomorrow. I'm an massive one piece fan currently on episode 1021 of the anime and slowly catching up to the Manga.

Also very interested. I was planning to start my own One Piece RP, so joining yours makes it easier for me 😅

Just wondering if would you rather have the character sheets PM'ed to you or sent in the character sheet page?
Please send them in the CS.

Also, a notice to everyone reading or looking at this thread: Please be aware, this RP is not first come first serve. Again, I will only take four of the character sheets I feel are the most well written/interesting. Good luck, and I can't wait to see what you all have come up with!

Please send them in the CS.

Also, a notice to everyone reading or looking at this thread: Please be aware, this RP is not first come first serve. Again, I will only take four of the character sheets I feel are the most well written/interesting. Good luck, and I can't wait to see what you all have come up with!
If I'm reading the thread correctly, are the spots filled already?

If not, I'd like a go at submitting as well.

SerbianMounted SerbianMounted

I have a question. On the CS you've included a written description of our character's appearance. If we provide a face claim, should we describe the image or do you want us to describe things that aren't included in the image?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

As for appearance, this is a general category to describe whatever portions for the appearance you feel might be missed by height/weight and a photo. Such as clothing, fashion sense, tattoos custom to the character not seen in the reference, and how they might appear to a passerby at first glance, how they 'comport' themselves, I suppose I would say.

This is would be my explanation. Not a dumb question at all!

I've acknowledged there are about half a dozen others that have expressed interest yet are still working/revising character sheets for the CS as of now, and out of courtesy to them I'll be keeping the CS open until the end of tomorrow, Wednesday the 27th. After that by Thursday morning at the latest I'll be selecting the four I'd like to invite through private message with a discord link.

Until then I look forward to seeing even more! Great job so far everyone, it's been a pleasure reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back