• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

One on One?

simone

#thatbitch
I'm just getting back into the RP world, so excuse me; I'm rusty. I'm looking for; something simple/subtle, and a fun partner that knows how to shake things up. PMs preferred (but not necessary), and I will match what you give me. If you give me a paragraph, I'll give you one. If you give me two, I'll give you two and etc.   And here are some ideas I dug up. xx

1. Muse A is a guarded private investigator, who’s been hardened by years of working cases that no one else wanted. Muse A is at the end of their professional rope, exhausted by a decade of pounding the pavement to get the bad guys, while constantly looking over their shoulder. Through it all, Muse B has been their loyal companion—the one they always turn to when the dam is about to break—the only one that can keep Muse A from resorting to their worst vices. Muse A’s latest assignment—a missing person’s case, involving the sibling of a childhood friend—has Muse A clutching Muse B tighter than ever. Muse B is there for all the late nights, easily soothing Muse A’s frayed nerves, seducing Muse B away from the case with their slim figure and intoxicating scent. Muse B is the only reliable thing in Muse A’s dismal world and as such, Muse B’s growing pull on Muse A becomes harder and harder to deny. Little does Muse A know, Muse B is a person involved in the crime who’s deliberately distracting Muse A from solving it.

2. Two cops in Los Angeles in the 1940's investigate the murder of a Hollywood starlet. One cop puts his marriage in jeopardy by obsessing over the crime, while the other cop becomes involved with a woman from a notable family, who happens to have an astounding tie to the victim.

3. Muse A and Muse B are young and in love. After meeting one summer at the beach, the couple hasn’t been apart for more than 2 days at a time. Though they are young and their futures are still uncertain, they are sure that they intend to spend the rest of their lives together. Excited that they’ve each found their soul-mate and eager to show the world, they decide to get married. Unfortunately, Muse A and Muse B’s parents both strongly disapprove, stating that it won’t last and they’ll regret the rushed nuptials afterward. Discouraged, but not defeated, the young couple plan to elope. They’ll get married in secret and run away together, starting a life on their own, without their parents’ help. Muse A and Muse B scrape together what money they can and run off in the middle of the night, leaving only a goodbye note behind for their parents. They get married in a quaint roadside chapel and find a cheap apartment to live in. They plan to find work and take care of each other from now on, however, it’s not long before they discover that it’s not as easy or as fun living independently as they dreamed it would be. Before they know it, they’re short on rent. Work leaves the newlyweds with little time for each other, and when they are together they begin to fight over their finances. Will they find a way to make it work as young newlyweds? Or will they end up crawling back to their parents for help?

4. Several years ago, Muse A moved away from their quiet hometown to explore life in a busy city, only to discover that it’s not as great as they’d once hoped. Looking for comfort and a break from the hustle and bustle, Muse A travels back to the place they grew up in with the intention of staying only for a few days. As Muse A crosses the town limits, they recall one of their favorite childhood places to hang out - a small field out by an abandoned farmhouse that had an old tree with a wooden swing. Taking a chance, Muse A drives out there, pleasantly surprised to see the tree and swing still there. Muse A remembers how they used to meet Muse B at this swing after school when they were kids. Muse B was Muse A’s first everything. They grew apart just before Muse A decided to move away and then they completely lost touch. Unbeknownst to Muse A, Muse B still comes to this spot to reminisce about the good, old days. When Muse A takes a seat on the old swing, relaxing in the gentle breeze, the familiar, but aged, voice of Muse B catches their attention.

5. Muse A is a college student, reeling from a bad breakup/stressing over midterms/(etc.). Drowning their sorrows/worries at the campus coffee shop one night, Muse A encounters their professor, Muse B. Muse B is looking for an outlet to plug in their laptop and Muse A offers the one beside their table.Muse B joins Muse A for a coffee and they exchange small talk as Muse B grades coursework. As the evening progresses, the conversation continues and by the time the cafe is ready for closing, the pair is left with a desire to keep the conversation going. Feeling it inappropriate to “hang out” together off-campus, Muse A and Muse B make unofficial plans to continue their chat at the cafe the following night. Muse A and Muse B have such deep/meaningful/enjoyable conversations that they resolve to start meeting each other to talk once a week. Gradually, an attraction develops between the pair and they cautiously embark on a relationship. The pair must keep their affairs secret because of potential repercussions for them both.

6. An Incubus is a sex demon, plain and simple. They feed off of the sexual moods of humanity. But once humanity found out the Incubi existed, a big war started to get rid of either one species or the other. But there's a problem. Succubi (female counterparts of Incubi) and Incubi need the sexual energy of humans to fuel them, and the men of the human race are dying very fast due to war depleting resources, and everything went to the women. Without men, the human woman can't reproduce and therefore can't supply the demons with the sexual energy needed to keep the demons alive. So some sort of alliance has to be made, between the king of the Incubi and the queen of the humans. An alliance that requires marriage.

Now, I've had too many people asking ridiculous questions. Here is the plot but stripped:

There's a male character, the Incubus king.

There's a female character, the human queen.

Obviously there will be challenges in this arranged marriage because the humans think Incubi are disgusting, and inappropriate, and just much too uncivilized. They aren't, but you know. Humans can be morons.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

This is set in a Steampunk kind of setting. Women wear dresses with corsets, men wear trousers and poofy shirts and weird vests, and there are advanced machines but no over-advanced weaponry. The most advanced tech is low-tech plumbing.

7. Muse A is a wealthy CEO who runs their own fortune 500 company in a bustling city. Muse A is in their 30s-40s and has been married to their college sweetheart for 12 years, though the passion between them has long since fizzled out. Muse B is a 20-something, fresh out of college, possessing a business degree and needing to get their foot in the door of the business world. Muse B is lucky enough to be hired by Muse A’s firm and becomes Muse A’s personal assistant/secretary. Muse A and Muse B exchange pleasantries from day to day, but don’t socialize much beyond the details of their business together. One evening, Muse B gets a call from Muse A asking a favor. Muse A must go to a charity gala and their spouse is not able to attend; they want Muse B to attend the event with them. Muse B is flattered and agrees to go for the sake of not letting their boss down.

Muse A sends a private car for Muse B along with an expensive outfit for them to wear. When Muse B arrives at the gala, they are blown away by the elegant venue. Champagne is flowing freely and Muse A looks attractive as ever in formal wear. Throughout the evening, Muse A reveals a playful, charming side to Muse B that they don’t get to see in the office. Muse A is flirtatious even, lightly touching the small of Muse B’s back, sliding their arm around Muse B’s shoulder, complimenting Muse B in front of business associates. Muse B knows that they shouldn’t read to heavily into Muse A’s flirtation, because Muse A is married and they work together, but it’s difficult not to get swept up.

When the gala is over, Muse A insists that they retire to the hotel room they’ve reserved upstairs until they’ve sobered up some. Muse B agrees to stay and the pair takes the elevator up to a penthouse suite, the likes of which Muse B has only seen on luxury blogs and in travel magazines. Fueled by a mutual attraction and champagne, Muse A makes a bold move on Muse B, crossing professional and marital lines. Muse B feels guilty the next morning, knowing that Muse A is married, but the attraction between boss and employee can no longer be ignored. Over the course of the following weeks, Muse A and Muse B embark on a secret affair; sharing intimate moments between business meetings, going away on overnight “business trips” together, indulging in private shopping sprees with Muse B’s platinum card.

8. Muse A is a single mother, whose son is finally out of the house after graduating college. Muse B is the son’s same-aged best friend who lives in the house next door to Muse A. It’s an adjustment for Muse A to live in the house alone, now that her son is gone and as much as she doesn’t want to admit it, she’s lonely without him around. It’s also a challenge for Muse A to do certain chores around the house that her son used to do, but she doesn't want to call him every time she needs a hand cleaning out gutters or repairing a hole in the wall. Luckily, Muse B, whose been close friends with Muse A’s son since they were kids is often around to offer assistance. Muse A and Muse B see each other across the small fence separating their property several times during the week as they go about their business, exchanging flirtatious glances and lingering smiles. There’s a definite physical attraction between the neighbors, but neither of them address it aloud due to fear of rejection from an older woman/younger man. After several days of spotting Muse B bringing takeout boxes to the trash, Muse A works up the nerve to invite Muse B over for a homemade meal at her house. Muse B accepts the invitation to dinner and once the pair get over the initial uncertainty about how the other person feels, a passionate relationship blossoms. Steamy nights spent intertwined in the sheets together, stolen kisses in public places, vulgar phone calls/texts when they’re apart; romance has never been more exciting for either of them. As things continue to get hot and heavy between the couple, they decide to keep their growing relationship under wraps, not telling anyone, including Muse A’s son/Muse B’s best friend.. At least not until sneaking around loses its appeal or someone finds out.

9. A couple in a languishing marriage, are hiding behind a facade. They're both assassins working for adversarial agencies, except they don't know that the other is an assassin. And one day they're both assigned to kill each other. From that moment on, they are always violently attacking each other, but not actually killing one another just because they love each other too much.

10. Bad x Good, Nerd x Jock, Nerd x Cheerleader, Etc.. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh my goodness, I love the first idea, but I'm nowhere near complex enough to play that sort of thing XD 

I do love the third idea, though ^^ If you're still looking for a partner, of course!

I am interested in idea 5. It sounds like an intriguing roleplay idea. If you are still open for roleplays, shoot me a PM.

I am very interested in idea 6, soh the Incubus and humans. Shoot me at PM if you're still open :)  

Just now seeing these! I thought it'd pop up in my notifications, but I guess not. I will PM you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back