• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Once Upon A Teen

mood6

• based on the show Once Upon A Time

once upon a teen!

and a book I read a long time ago.

♡design by low fidelity, coded by uxie♡

Once upon a time...yeah no. Our story takes place in a small town in the midwestern United States, where the library has recently acquired an old story book. This book holds the power to change the course of history, and it has already begun. The local highschool students begin to notice that their lives are mirroring those of popular fables. They may have new abilities, interests, or even new personality traits. Their home lives also will be affected. But it isn't all happy endings. With the involvement of fairy tales, many myths have begun to appear in the world. Dangerous ones. Medusa, bigfoot, and many others now walk the earth and they are coming after the these fairy tale heroes. We must defeat them and, if we choose to, play out our stories.

TAKEN CHARACTERS
Our characters will all be teens at this school, who are now living out the lives of these fairy tale characters. Yes, their story can be that of an animal, such as The Lion King, Jungle Book, etc. Your character will be human, though some may develop magic/animal like traits as the rp goes on.

As I said, our characters lives will mirror those of fairy tales, as much as possible in a modern setting. Their story will be something you must come up with as we plot and they will eventually be listed here. You can look at mine as an example.

Anastasia
taken: Anastasia
My character will be an orphan who was dropped at a foster home as a baby. She never knew her family. However, her biological family is actually still searching for her. They've put out a reward for their daughter's safe return, seventeen years later. Two local boys attempt to transform my character into this missing girl, studying this family and applying their mannerisms to her, as well as changing her appearance to look more like them. After they receive the reward and my character is living with her "new" family, they discover, through a DNA test that she is actually their child. From there, they must try to find out who her kidnapper was, as there is no way they just lost a newborn baby. That is all I have so far and it may be adjusted if other people want to rp as people involved with this fairy tale.
Hunchback of Notre Dame
taken: Esmerelda
The Last Unicorn
taken: The Unicorn
The Brave Little Tailor
taken: The Tailor
Alice In Wonderland
taken: Alice
Beauty and the Beast
taken: Belle and Gaston
Cinderella/Ashenputtel
taken: Cinderella

CHARACTERS
All of our characters will be high school age, so 14-18, preferably with most on the older side. Their gender doesn't necessarily have to match their fairy tale, though I would ask that if they have a romantic interest in their fairy tale, that the sexualities match up. That way, they will be drawn to one another. This doesn't mean that they will end up together though

Theodora Curtis - 16 - Anastasia
Damen Equyne - 18 - The Last Unicorn
Alexander Newmark - 18 - The Brave Little Tailor
Alice Liddell-Lehning - 17 - Alice in Wonderland
Bonnie Beaufort - 17 - Beauty and the Beast
Nathaniel Greenford - 17 - Beauty and the Beast
Eleanor Greenford - 17 - Cinderella
No others yet

RULES

1. Try to keep genders even. If it gets two bad, I may ask people to make more characters to even things out.
2. Be able to write at least 1-2 good paragraphs per character
3. Post at least once a week
4. Discord is required for plotting
5. Run all major plots by me first
6. Yes, a lot of these stories are sad, but don't make your character's entire personality about their trauma.
7. Realistic faceclaims only. If you need assistance, join the discord and just ask.

LINKS
CS Thread
Discord
RP thread coming eventually

Last edited:
Hi! This looks neat. One question, are we necessarily limited to fairytales/fables that the unyielding monolith we call Disney have made into movies? Or could we do any fairytale provided we have links to it?

Hi! This looks neat. One question, are we necessarily limited to fairytales/fables that the unyielding monolith we call Disney have made into movies? Or could we do any fairytale provided we have links to it?
Any fairy tale is fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back