• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Once Upon a Semester

Dandelion Princess

Leader and Protector of the Dandel People

Welcome to Grimsdale High School

Home of the Dragons

tumblr_n8kh7yCxXc1qio57co1_1280.gif

Dear Student,

We're glad to see that you've taken interest in our exceptional residence program here at Grimsdale. You and several other lucky students have been awarded the chance to experience this school in a unique light. You have been selected to stay in Grimsdale residence halls, study away from home, and share communion with your fellow students -we assure that this is a privilege and you may be removed at any time for misconduct.

Sincerly you Principal,

Dr. Pendra

So that's my fancy introduction into the roleplay...anyhow, Once Upon a Semester is supposed to be a roleplay where characters attend this high school (much like high schools in regular roleplays) but I decided to add an extra element where the characters will slowly make up actual fairy tale stories and other legends/myths. The plan is to do at least three stories by taking the characters I'm given by my roleplayer then seeing how their personalities fit notable fable storylines. Once that's done, I'll take the best story matches and implement elements of that story into the roleplay.

For example...Let's say that we get a football dude and band girl. I might be like "Hey, those social groups don't fit. Let's do a Romeo and Juliet storyline."

After that I might be like "Oh the star-crossed lovers got expelled...hmm perhaps others are in danger of getting expelled. How about I do a twist on the Merlin TV series? Then after our 'Morgana' takes over, let's pick up some Greek mythology about an unruly woman."

Though I'd never do Romeo and Juliet...You get where I'm going with this?

As always, let me know if you'd be up for this roleplay and PLEASE throw me some ideas you'd like to see in action (not story line but logistics like character requirements and details about the school).

This sounds very interesting. Especially the parts where you yourself are deciding the stories based on the character's themselves versus the opposite which is what usually done and the merging of different stories. I'd be very interested about where you're going with this, especially if you're going along the route of the less common modern fairytale allusions.

I'm glad to see all the interest! ^.^ I'll get on it with actually writing it then. (And getting back into the swing of BBcoding).

crucialstar said:
I'm interested in this as well! There's so many different storylines that you can choose from! Which storylines would you particularlu want?
As of right now @CJ Mason and I are working towards developing plotlines. We're going to keep the plots secret until we close character sign-ups. This is to avoid something where everyone shoots for the role of the main character and provide players a chance to truly play around with their character's personality. On top of this, we'll provide a list of 'titles' the roleplayer can sign up for (Such as "The Jock" or "The Twins").

Once sign-ups are over, each accepted roleplayer will get a message notifying which stories are in the roleplay, what role their character has been rewarded, their character's schedule, the characters that they are friends/enemies/relatives with, and more than likely a short summary of the role they've been given.

But to answer your question as much as possible, we're trying to hit several storytelling "genres." This means fables, childhood classics, legends, mythology, shakespeare, and even modern literature. But anyhow, we already have a really amazing crossover storyline planned out.

If it's not to much trouble to ask, once the thread is up, will you be letting us know here or tagging the interested parties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back