• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Once Together, Always Together.

Denver was breathing heavily through the bag, but he wasn't hurting nearly as bad as he'd expected. He shook his head to her question, and glared down at her innocently, his eyes urging her to go quickly. This was the first time he'd been even slightly submissive in years... And it felt so good. Like he was actually cared for... He felt a small tear trickle from his eye, although he didn't think much of it. It was just pain... Right?

Sunny used her thumb to wipe away the tear from his face and shook her head,

"I'm sorry."

She spoke and then opened a package of medical wrapping bandage. She made quick work of wrapping his upper body in the white gauze, and then a secon layer of it to make sure it didn't bleed through. She took the hoodie that had been in her backpack for safe keeping out and handed it to him. It was oversized on her so she had no doubt that it would fit him.

"Wear that if you want, but there's no way that shirts gonna do any good anymore.."

She said and then stood up. She quickly put away everything and then ended up pacing the room, occasionally looking out a window 0r randomly stopping and closing her eyes. What she was doing was listening. But she'd always go back to pacing anxiously. 'We need to get back to our place... We need to get our shit. And we needo to get get far. Far away from here. But how. They've probably got the entire county on lockdown... There's no way we ca open a window without getting spotted or sniped...' She sighed and ran a slender hand through her silver silk hair.

Denver took the sweatshirt, but didn't bother putting it on. He laid down on his side, against the wall, and sighed a bit, closing his eyes after a few minutes so he could catch some rest. But, make note that 'Rest' is not the same as sleep. You'd be crazy to assume that he could sleep after all of that. Comfortably, at least... After a few minutes, Denver finally spoke. "Sunny... Calm it. They aren't gonna look in here." He said plainly, without opening his eyes.

"That's what my fucking-"

She started but abruptly broke off. Shaking her head and then lower in her face into her palms, leaning against a wall.

Denver opened an eye and looked over at her, a small smile spreading across his face. "We're fine, Sun. Calm down." He lied, his voice showing a hint of sincerity.

"We're not fine. We're anything but fucking fine. We're as good as fucking dead, Denver."

Sunny looked over at the male, her racing heart only slightly slowed at the sight of a smile. She spoke again, but this time slightly calmer.

"Do you have any idea how many cops I just fucking killed for you. Add that to the rest of my record, and I don't know about you, but I'm probably going to be executed on sight. This isn't a 'we're fine' situation."

"We'll make it." Denver said, with a unsure look on his face. He was obviously quite worried too... And her negative attitude was only making him worry more.

Sunny sighed and rubbed her face out of stress, afterwards she walked over to Denver and sat beside him, hugging her knees. She looked terrified, and stressed, and pissed, and also in pain.. Her shoulde had started bleeding through the cloth of her shirt, and stained it red. She looked down, not seeming to notice it.

Denver curled up a bit, and scooted closer to Sunny for warmth. He looked like an innocent little kid... Scared, and worried. His arms quickly wrapped around one of her ankles, and hugged it tightly, his body pressing against her gently. "We're gonna fucking die..." He said quietly, his eyes tearing up a bit as he did so.

Sunny nodded slowly and bent down, gathering Denver in her arms and holding him as if he were the only thing keeping her safe. She closed her eyes tightly and pushed away the tears rising up. She shuddered slightly and then shook her head, muttering to him

"I'm sorry I was always such a bitch. I never meant to be annoying I just am. It's always gotten me into trouble. And I'm sorry for not protecting you, I should have. Had I done a good job as a partner we wouldn't be here."

A lump began forming in Denver's throat as he tried to talk. Her arms were so warm... So... Caring. He wanted to tell her that it was okay... That it was his fault, not hers. But his body wouldn't let him. He opened his mouth to speak, but it came out as a quiet sob, followed by another, and another... Tears began flowing from his eyes as he cried into her arms. The normally silent... Monotone-voiced... Emotionless boy was sobbing... His sobs filled the air of the room... Signalling that they were truly, beyond doubt, fucked.

Sunny held Denver tightly and put her forehead on the top of his head, a single tear managing its way out of her guarded eyes and landing in his stark white hair. She shook her head slowly, with every son the male let out the pair shook slightly.

"I'll come up with something. I promise."

She assured him, but she didn't know how. She had no idea what to come up with. An escape plan? A game plan? Were they going to get they're shit or was the main priority get the fuck away from here. She made a small noise of frustration and thought.

She thought seriously, taking several things into account. Location, date, weather. The situation as a whole. He'd been on the streets long enough to know that every detail matters. She ran senarios through her head one after another, her brain breaking down and analyzing everything. If she wasn't a top priority criminal she'd be an extremely valuable attribute the the government... She was basically a computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver felt comforted by her words, although it didn't slow his tears whatsoever. He rested his head in her warm, soft lap, and fell asleep, his loud sobbing soon ceasing after what seemed like an eternity.

Sunny slowly, and helplessly let her head drop against the wall. It made a lift thudding noise. She closed her eyes, lightly hitting her head repeatedly while she thought. She took one arm off of Denver and held her shoulder tightly. It hurt like a bitch. After a long while of thinking, she looked out the window and saw the beginning of a sunrise. She frowned. 'Morning already...' She thought begrudgingly. The female looked down at her partner in crime and thought for a moment, quickly deciding to let him sleep, at least for a little while longer. It might be the last time he does in a long time..

Denver awoke around noon, his face quickly turning bright red after his initial awakening. The memories of the night before flooded his mind, embarrassment soon following. He opened his eyes slowly, quickly remembering where he was, and who he was with. He wrapped an arm around Sunny's waist, pulling his body towards hers. You wouldn't think a major criminal on the run would be focused on keeping his pride intact...

Sunny looked down at Denver an placed a hand on his head.

"You awake?"

She asked quietly. They needed to get going quick if they were ever getting out of here

Denver nodded slowly, and pulled his face from her stomach. He looked up at her, his face bright red, the stains his tears left on his face still quite visible. He rested his head in her lap gently, intent on relishing every moment of rest before they had to leave.

Sunny looked down at him with worry.

"How do you feel? Do you think your okay to travel?"

Her hair fell down around her face, making her already dark eyes seem darker kn comparison. The area around her eyes was a dark purplish black, with a stress line beneath each gold witholding orb. The side effect of rarely ever sleeping, and recent stressful events. Truthfully she was exhausted, but she likely admit that on her death bed.

Denver sat up slowly, careful of hitting her head with his. "I'm fine..." He started quietly, his monotone voice slowly coming back. "But you look like shit." He said sarcastically. He smiled a weak smile, and stood up, using the wall for support. He extended a hand for her to grab, and waited for her to stand up.

Sunny smiled weakly and took his hand in hers. She stood up and looked down at him.

"I have a plan."

She spoke, then put the medical kit, which she had cleaned up while Denver was sleeping -she just didn't have a chance to put it away in her bag- and put it in her backpack. Afterwards she pulled out an unlit Molotov.

"We'll get out of here in style."

She said with an impish grin

Denver's smile faded, although this was completely normal for him, and he looked at her with his standard blank face, albeit a little red. Or, a lot red... His face was comparable to a fire truck. But, that was to be expected... He'd broken down crying in front of his only friend. If you could even call them that...

Sunny looked around for a moment and then at Denvers red face.

"Last night never happened."

She said, smiling at him. She knew why he was all red about. After a second she turned and looked around the room. Judging by the structure of the place, the door she was looking at, was a stairwell. She walked over an placed her ear against the door, hearing nothin she cautiously, slowly, silently opened it, and then guestured for Denver to follow as she made her way soundlessly up the stairs.

l_ed80faf5ee344d118a988bcfef201bdc.jpg

Denver tilted his head a bit at her comment. He knew that it wasn't really something that could be
forgotten, but he appreciated the thought. Before he could reply, Sunny was already off doing her own thing. As usual... He thought, as he followed her quietly up the stairs.

@PotatoeValentine

((Nate typed this.))

She made it up to the roof quickly and treadle with caution, looking around to make sure they weren't being watched. Afterwards she peeked back down the stairs to tell Denver it was safe

64a55038b9ec23d5c1c33922664cba7b.jpg

Denver ran quickly up the stairs, making sure not to make too much noise. He had no idea where Sunny was going, or what plan she had... But, he'd follow her blindly into hell if she wanted him to. He trusted her with his life, despite the short time they've known one another.

"What the hell are we doing..?"

But that didn't mean he wouldn't question her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back