• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

On The Search for Entertainment (New RP Partners!)

MustardSeed

Hateful
Hello and welcome!

I've been roleplaying for around 5-6 years (give or take), but I wouldn't exactly call myself a seasoned roleplayer, just perhaps a bit experienced. Recently, I've witnessed the creative deaths of many of my RP partners, and I've now found myself without
anything to roleplay and no one to do so with. It's a little sad, but I hope to change that, because I crave entertainment and I use roleplaying as a way to sharpen my writing skills and to develop my characters. And so, I've come back onto the market (after being off for quite awhile!) to look for a few new RP partners!

I'm still rather new to RPnation, so this will be my first time shopping here, following my market metaphor. I have good hope though that I'll find some very interesting people to RP with here! It's all in good fun anyways, and that's what I'm here for, good fun. So let it begin!

My characters and events in my RPs can take rather dark turns, and I do greatly appreciate
well done dark plots and ideas, so as fair warning light and fluffy is not my forte. I don't expect my partners to be complete creatures of the night with bloody fangs bared, but if your tastes are of a sweeter variety, it wouldn't exactly be a match made in heaven. Not to say I can't survive and include lighter tones into my RPs, and I in fact like at least a little bit of balance between these elements, I simply prefer the scale to tip more towards the dark side. This also means that more adult themes are often included in my RPs so take note of that if you consider yourself an especially sensitive person when it comes to mature content. And if that isn't your thing, I wouldn't suggest RPing with me, I'm sorry. If it is your thing, however, then great!

I do not enjoy romance-orientated RPs, and would rather avoid doing them. Do I like allowing my characters to build up an attraction for other characters and revel in the sweet innocent bliss of fresh love? Of course! Romance can be fun to weave into a story, but for me, purely love-driven roleplays are not my cup of tea. And when it comes to love in my RPs and for my characters, I tend to like tainted love more, but I can plainer, purer romances are perfectly doable.

What I am mostly searching for RP wise, right now, is probably somewhere in the fantasy genre. Modern and realistic could also spark my interest, and of course anything supernatural has my attention immediately. If you have anything else in mind and want to suggest it to me, I'm absolutely willing to listen! I'll likely hop on board with what you suggest too, if I like it (which I probably will; I'm more focused on plot than genre anyways). I have no particular craving at this very moment; I just want some new partners and new RPs to have fun with! However, I will say that at this time I'm not looking to create or join any fandom RPs. I want to exercise my OCs, and I want to do more original roleplays. Other than that though, there's not anything in particular I don't want to do.

I enjoy very detailed responses, and will likely give you at least six or so paragraphs per response, and you can expect even more if I'm really liking where we're going or what we're doing. I don't expect you to give me exactly the same treatment, but I
do ask for at least three or more paragraphs. I enjoy reading your responses as much (if not more so) as I do writing mine; I'm a reader along with a writer, remember that. One-liners are not ever accepted, I'm sorry. They're just not very pleasant to read or to respond to, and it gives me very little to work with.

As far as grammar goes, make sure you're literate and understandable. I won't greatly bug you about it, though I give you fair warning now: any typos I or you make are fair game to be repeated and turned into little jokes. Some of the fun in mistakes is finding humor in them, and I entirely invite you to point out my grammar and spelling errors if they are especially hilarious. Hell, even if they're only the smallest bit funny, highlight them and put them in OOC next reply for me to see if you so desire, I'll likely laugh at it for awhile. The bottom line though: I just want to be able to understand your replies, and errors are of course expected and accepted.

When it comes to the rate of responses, I'd say at least 1-2 a week is the minimum, but believe me, I'd absolutely love if you are one of those people who can manage 1-2 every day or even 2-3 every few days. I expect myself to be very busy starting next week, so for awhile I might only make 1-2 responses a week, but otherwise I usually manage sending out 2 or so replies a day. Immediate responses are always great, but they are of course no requirement! And I of course understand if you are especially busy and unable to respond often.

For my characters, I am comfortable doubling up (and actually sometimes prefer it, but it's not necessary for my rps) and usually when I do I will play both a male and a female. I have no preference for either character sex, but usually if I have to choose, I will pick a female character to use since some of my favorite OCs are female, and it's easier to get into the mind of your own sex. If you want me playing a male though, I have no issue with that. I haven't yet fully tested my limit on how many characters I can play at one time in one roleplay, but I can juggle quite a few, I know that. If you can as well, that's great, but multiple characters are not a requirement. If you can only manage two at the very most, that's alright, because I care more about the quality of your characters than the quantity of them. And it's not likely we'll need to play a huge bundle of characters anyways.

I don't have any specific RP ideas right now, I just know some characters I want to exercise, and everything else I've said before. If you have any ideas, definitely PM them to me and I will check them out and let you know if I'm interested! If you're just interested in being a partner overall, you can comment or PM me, and we can brainstorm and throw some ideas around after talking for a little bit.

There is one idea though that I've been toying with as a potential novel. I like to throw parts of these novel ideas into RPs to test them out, so that's what I'll do here. I welcome you also to do the same with me if we partner up, if you want to. If you want to use this idea, let me know in a PM, because I'd more than love to try it out with maybe more than a few new 1x1 RP partners!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Idea:

Essentially, there exist multiple dimensions and parrallel universes, some of which have begun to overlap with our own. They are invisble to most people, generally harmless and existing only as an untouchable vapor in our world, but they hold dark powers and powerful beings that threaten all of creation. There is, however, a special gift, passed down from a single secret bloodline, that gives one the ability to see these overlapping worlds, certain truths pertainting to them, and even portals to and from these parallel universes and alternate dimensions. Character A is the last of this bloodline and therefore the last inheriant of this special vision, but they are unaware of either of these things, and know only of the "other world". There is something in this other world that A is chasing after, and they decide they need to do their best to find one of the portals into it to find this something. Character B is a scholar that is knowledgable in the theories of these alternate worlds, and they belong to a group of wise souls trusted with maps of these worlds and descriptions of the entrances to them. A comes to B and asks them to accompany them on an adventure to find a portal, open it somehow, and to brave the practically forgotten worlds to find whatever it is A is looking for.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to any new RP partners!
:) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Digging this thread up (that's just how thirsty I am) but if you still have interest in looking for partners I think we might jive okay and I'd like to bounce ideas off of you (or work from the "Foggy Sense" one, has a lot of interesting stuff going on there). ( ;) )

@MustardSeed

I'm very interested in roleplaying with you. I don't have any plots in mind currently, but I'm sure we can work something out. For me, I don't want to double up and, depending on the roleplay, I have both male and female characters but prefer to play as female. That doesn't mean you have to play a Male; however, if you prefer to play female. I'm all up for fxf too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back