• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

On Strange Tides

Hahaha! Oh Yim.

I don't know ships either. Rudders are awesome and sails are made of cloth, is the extent of my knowledge.

I'm weak for the grandiose as well. Covers of a certain movie's theme song have taken over my playlists ever since this thread appeared.

No guns. No need for guns when you've got people who can call on storms or dreadful wossnames to do the same job, but they're also not invented yet.

Could be based on a junk but bigger and fancier.

So far, a vote for something based on a Junk and a vote for something based on a galleon.

@Dusky: With your characters' backgrounds, would they be more comfortable on a ship without a bound spirit? Or would they go, eh spirits are everywhere anyway?

A bound spirit would just make me laugh as it would probably be tortured by the presence of a soulless (which I've decided is totally like a blank in Warhammer) and if there aren't guns yet, why don't we have like a metal Trireme but fancier and cooler

Wow. Would not want to be on the other vessel faced with a vicious, god-forsaken lady whose own ship-spirit's wailing in distress. I'm voting in favour of a bound spirit.

It wouldn't even really occur to Jengo, who isn't sure how he feels about spirits anyhow. On the one hand he's at an age where his opinion mirrors his parents', and he's grown up being taught to respect and worship spirits, but on the other hand as far as he understands the spirits want to eat him.

Heh. I think in the end he'd probably lean towards favoring a spirit.

For reference, Seferin isn't quite a blank, but attempts to directly affect her with magic fail utterly. Indirect, on the other hand...

Frixz, are you sure you don't want to go Spiritseer for blasphemous goodness?

I'm actually surprised no one has elected to go with a Spiritseer, to be honest.

While reworking background might be asking a bit much I'm very much in favor of this idea. O.o

Fallen ill something fierce and I'm not good for much of anything right now. To avoid slowing anything down I'm going to drop out of this one. Enjoy the game maties.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Fallen ill something fierce and I'm not good for much of anything right now. To avoid slowing anything down I'm going to drop out of this one. Enjoy the game maties.

[/QUOTE]
Rest up and feel better soon.

[QUOTE="Action Replay]Fallen ill something fierce and I'm not good for much of anything right now. To avoid slowing anything down I'm going to drop out of this one. Enjoy the game maties.

[/QUOTE]
Really sorry to hear it. Get well soon, friend.

Unyielding said:
Is there a cs template I can borrow?
There's really not... You just provide the character's information however you see fit. I guess I could give you the template I use, if you want, but it's pretty sparing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back