• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Olympus Academy: The New Gods

Lowkey Gemini

*aggressively doesn't know*

Dear ____________,

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Olympus Academy for the Godly Gifted. We believe you have not only been given gifts but have been chosen by the Gods. A chariot will be awaiting you, Monday March 25th at briskly 8pm sharp. Be sure to pack; school supplies will be provided.

If you miss your chariot ride to our school, our sincerest apologies and the best of luck to your survival. Another one will not be provided.

Sincerely,

Daphne Briseis

Headmistress

The Gods are dying.

No one is quite sure how, no one is quite sure why. Perhaps it's an accident. Perhaps it's a curse. Perhaps it's their time. No one knows how to stop it, no one knows how to treat it; not even the God of Medicine himself has an answer. But what they do know, is that they're dying. And the world cannot just be left alone.

Which is where the Chosen Ones come in.

Each God has chosen their successor, a mortal. Whether it be a regular mundane, or a demigod child of theirs, it does not matter. These Chosen ones are expected to carry on the work of the Gods. Because whether they want to or not, they will take the place of the Gods when they die.

It manifests differently in each God. Artemis is coughing up feathers and Apollo's burning up. Hypnos can't sleep and Thanatos is decaying. Zeus is being consumed by his electricity, and Hera is having waking nightmares. But they all feel their impending demise deep in their once-immortal bones. It is uncertain how much longer any of them will last, but they all intend on hanging on as long as they can.

Each Chosen one is sent to the Olympus Academy for the Godly Gifted, an already pre-existing school, originally intended for the teaching of the not quite human Demigods, but the Headmistress has agreed to make accommodations for this... special case. The Gods will tutor their chosen mortals as long as they can, passing on their own gifts and experience, until they finally die and pass on their immortality.

But there is still so much unknown. Will the New Gods catch the same thing as the Old, and die, rendering previous attempts futile? Where did this mysterious ailment come from? And if someone made it, who?

Your journey awaits you, Chosen One of the Gods. The best of luck to your survival.

Quick Notes!

- I'm incredibly new to the site so I apologize if this is a no-no in the etiquette, but I would like this to be an MxM thing? Like all males. It's not a big deal though, if that's a weird thing here. Feedback regarding this would be nice!

- You'd be able to play either as a dying God mentoring one of the Chosen, or as one of the Chosen! If you want to play as one of both that would be fine as well (as long as you don't make a mentoring God character for your Chosen character). You can also play as a regular Demigod attending at the school, if that's what you'd really like.

- With the whole mentoring thing, the regular mortal Chosens will be given abilities right off the bat, to catch up with their Demi-god peers and then in both cases, when their mentor deems them ready, they would be given more and more abilities. Upon the mentor's death, they would get all the capabilities of such God, if they had not given those.

- If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I feel like I've been too vague.
xD​

Oo! Yay! Thank you ;) I'm so glad there's interest! Just out of curiosity, do you guys have an idea of what kind of character you'd be looking to play?

Not really.. I like to add a character that would mix well with the character other people make or characters different from others if characters are too similar.

folclor said:
I have a clear idea of the person I want to play.
That's great ;)

Kwillz said:
Not really.. I like to add a character that would mix well with the character other people make or characters different from others if characters are too similar.
I get that! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back