• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Olivera Magical Defense Academy OOC

NyanNyanYummy

Beep Boop
Welcome to the Olivera Magical Defense Academy out of character chat page. Feel free to ask questions and keep in touch with your fellow RP'ers here. Please be respectful!

I'm trying to come up with a nickname for magicians and non-magical humans, but everything I think of sounds super goofy haha. Does anyone want to try and make a suggestion?

The Egregore (Egg-Greg-gore) - FOR THE NON CASTERS - A term connected to those who are Watchers, or Watching - those who think and consider the world. They put conscious work into creating the world - and work together with others into assuring a greater collective future. They believe in creating power outside of themselves.

The Oneiropolos (Oh-neeh-roh-po-leeos) - I could not find a direct opposite of the EREGORE, but this should mean dreamer, stargazer, musing, daydreamer etc. If we follow this, it might be considered a good opposite to the aforementioned.

The Egregore see the world for what It can be, while The Oneiropolos see the world for how it could be. A small difference, but one is based on observing the world and reacting - while the other considers a possibility and then builds reality around it.

IDK - this is not my natural milieu - but I thought I might give it a go, maybe it inspires you. NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

A L M O S A L M O S

Holy moly, i absolutely love the thoughtfulness and the meaningful nature of those names. I think they may be a bit too complicated to have to spell all the time though, I can see myself going crazy doing ctrl-F to find examples of the spelling haha. My tentative names are the "Touched" and the "Forgotten," but I'm still taking suggestions if anyone else has an idea.

A L M O S A L M O S

Holy moly, i absolutely love the thoughtfulness and the meaningful nature of those names. I think they may be a bit too complicated to have to spell all the time though, I can see myself going crazy doing ctrl-F to find examples of the spelling haha. My tentative names are the "Touched" and the "Forgotten," but I'm still taking suggestions if anyone else has an idea.

Its cool - I am working on the basis that the people who created the names would have been magic users because they would have been in power at the time when these distinctions were put in place. But I do not think Forgotten works that well. Considering the negative connotation and the 'semi' peace between them. The Touched and perhaps the... Producer? Authors? Constructors? The magic one needs to be passive- so touched works well. A given power. Then you need a word that implies making, creating - and it should be active. Fabricators?

A L M O S A L M O S

The forgotten was just a place holder title, but it was meant more as a social commentary rather then to be overtly negative. It's meant to reflect on how after magic came to be, they essentially lost all power within a magician ruled society, to reflect their powerlessness during the corruption war, and their abandonment after the war when magicians became more militaristic in nature. It's more like "we were the forgotten, but we've pulled ourselves up with our own power, and now you'll never forget us" type of deal. I understand what you mean about it sounding a bit negative though.

NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

The touched - I think you should rename it LOL. I either think they of the phrase "Touched in the head" or they were "touched" by bad magic uncle.

Okay jokes aside, my actual question.

Are these magic aptitudes/inclinations heritable? I was thinking if it was possible to play a half-corrupted due to bloodline.

Hi!! So I was wondering all mighty your almighty Gm-ness, for the life of me I cannot find a roleplay where this character can work during current times (Yours is a rarity this time of year, generally this come out in february or march rather than october XD) Would it be possibly for me to play a scythe wielding yuri vampire (Or vampire-like) Character? I have a great idea for her and really want to go through with it. NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

The touched - I think you should rename it LOL. I either think they of the phrase "Touched in the head" or they were "touched" by bad magic uncle.

Okay jokes aside, my actual question.

Are these magic aptitudes/inclinations heritable? I was thinking if it was possible to play a half-corrupted due to bloodline.

lol the names are placeholders until the RP starts. I'm still taking suggestions for race names.

They are absolutely inheritable if you can make it work (as you'll see when i post my character lol). As far as half corrupted... that sounds like a cool idea, but it's gonna depend on the context. If you can make it work in a way that flows with the lore of the RP then i'll accept it, but the corrupt are the enemy in this RP, so it's gonna be a bit tricky!

I want to explore that the nature of the magic isn't evil, it's the person who's using it. A true mage owns his magic, not the other way around - corruption and songs or not.

I'm accepting being a stigmatized figure, and I suppose my character will constantly be bearing the allure of the demonic muses, but his steady personality and strong willpower will offset it - even if it makes him irascible.

Hi!! So I was wondering all mighty your almighty Gm-ness, for the life of me I cannot find a roleplay where this character can work during current times (Yours is a rarity this time of year, generally this come out in february or march rather than october XD) Would it be possibly for me to play a scythe wielding yuri vampire (Or vampire-like) Character? I have a great idea for her and really want to go through with it. NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

A scythe character is definitely fine, that's easily an attacker class. As far as vampire goes, in what context will your character be a vampire. will she be actively hunting people for blood?

A scythe character is definitely fine, that's easily an attacker class. As far as vampire goes, in what context will your character be a vampire. will she be actively hunting people for blood?
Ah! sorry changed that around with my second character concept "^w^ (Less- confusing.) Will finish writing he rip properly and re-do a bunch tomorrow, just posted a tip but please take it with a grain of salt as I have much to add and edit. //>w<// (Can't find a good photo of her either)

I want to explore that the nature of the magic isn't evil, it's the person who's using it. A true mage owns his magic, not the other way around - corruption and songs or not.

I'm accepting being a stigmatized figure, and I suppose my character will constantly be bearing the allure of the demonic muses, but his steady personality and strong willpower will offset it - even if it makes him irascible.

That's all good, I don't mind your character being half corrupt. Just make sure to explain how he inherited the half corruption from his parents, as it may come up in the RP. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Hello everyone, I saw this just a few moments ago and figured that I would read it while declaring interest. An actual CS will come eventually, but I need to read this mountain of stuff before I can make one that’s accurate and relatable.

Now, you gave us 4 categories of Magic to follow but I find them rather vague at best. Especially when you give things like Average strength or stamina, etc. Are you trying to make little groups with tanks, damage, support(controllers) and healers? You said specifically Magic DEFENSE. We are trying to defend against something, are we more like military or just volunteers?

I've created an initial setting for the RP. I will add more details about Tres Angeles and Olivera soon, but feel free to contribute anything to any other areas if you'd like.

lol I just spent several hours working on answering this exact question.
Olivera Magical Defense Academy Lore

It's not Earth, it's a fictional world named Ellium. Check the settings tab on the Lore page for a slightly more detailed explanation
Thankfully my CS wasn’t too specific on settings, all I gotta do is put settings in, finish all that stuff you asked for, and get your approval on backstory then all I have to do is make it pretty!

Hello everyone, I saw this just a few moments ago and figured that I would read it while declaring interest. An actual CS will come eventually, but I need to read this mountain of stuff before I can make one that’s accurate and relatable.

Now, you gave us 4 categories of Magic to follow but I find them rather vague at best. Especially when you give things like Average strength or stamina, etc. Are you trying to make little groups with tanks, damage, support(controllers) and healers? You said specifically Magic DEFENSE. We are trying to defend against something, are we more like military or just volunteers?

It's a Magical Defense Academy, in that they are magicians that are being trained to defend against an evil. The categories themselves are not necessarily Magic specific, you're still pretty free to create whatever kind of character you want. And yes, the point is to eventually create pairs or groups to participate in events and missions, and for general interaction purposes. The stats given are just general guidelines, so there's an understanding that characters should be created with both strengths and weaknesses.

Let me know if you have any more questions, but check out the lore page. A lot of this is answered in that big 'ole brick of text.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back