• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Olivera Magic Defense Academy Interest Check (Always Open)

NyanNyanYummy

Beep Boop
FFAgtXIII-Academy_garden.jpg
Olivera Magic Defense Academy Interest Page

• Nobody quite knows when magic first emerged, nor do they really care. For centuries, it was the responsibility of the previous generation to teach the newer generation the ways of magic, which led to the founding of Magical Academies all around the world. For hundreds of years, the world prospered under the tutelage of these academies, which often bore the future leaders of the world. That is, until the day demonic magic was discovered. The siren song of this evil magic corrupted a huge percent of magic users around the world, leading to the 100 year brutal war against the demon corrupted army. Nobody was prepared for the brutality of this magic, many lives were lost and much was sacrificed to defeat and seal the demonic song.

150 years have passed since the end of the war, but many of the scars still remain. There are still many corrupted lands across the world filled with demonic beasts and evil spirits. Even the occasional fanatic pops up and threatens to unleash the ancient song, but none have ever come close. The harsh lessons learned from the war showed everyone that they had been living in blissful ignorance, naively assuming that no evil would ever come from magic. These lessons changed a handful of the Magical Academies into Magical Defense Acadamies, teaching newer generations how to fight and defend against another uprising through team work.

In the year 2035, technology has finally caught up with the effectiveness of magic. These recent breakthroughs have given those that are not magically inclined the ability to keep up with those that are, leading to non-magical beings given permission to join Magical Defense Academies for the first time since the founding of the acadamies. With reported incidents of brutality around the world and the rumblings of the resurgence of the cursed song, the world can only hope the newest generation is ready.

The story begins the day before the start of a new school year at Olivera Academy in the city of Tres Angeles. Students are coming from all over the world to either start their first year, or continue as a returning student, along side technologically based students. The plot will follow these students as they get stronger, make friends, make enemies, and eventually create partnerships and teams to fight the coming threat.

Last edited:
Is there any functional difference between technology and magic? Clarke's third law right? At this stage, technology is only emulating magic or is there more to it? And I can understand how magic research could be stifled considering the fear of "demonic" magic, but has there been any fruitful progress on it? :o

Intellectual Sword Intellectual Sword

Before the demonic war, magic was more cultural in nature. It was something that was passed down from generation to generation that was meant to be improved on and passed along. It was more altruistic in the sense that people used their magic to build up society. That's why the demonic magic caused so much destruction. A lot of academies ended up closing because of the sheer number of people that were corrupted, and with more and more academies being covered to defense academies, cultural growth and the altruistic side of magic end up getting stifled. The fear that grew from the war ushered in a new growth of militarized magic. So as time passed by, the type of magic that was passed down was less cultural and more tactical in nature.

So the growth of technology grew exponentially as a result of the general change in the purpose of magic. People relied less on magic assistance and built the tools they needed to do the things they needed to do.

So as far as differences between technology and magic... I don't want to say that they're interchangeable, but there's probably gonna be a bit of overlapping in what certain characters can do. What will be the difference are the applications and limitations of each. it'll end up boiling down to science vs magic, where the players who come into conflict will have to work out who is stronger through the context of their actions. I'm gonna try to regulate what people will be able to do by breaking abilities and technology into different categories like defender, attacker, controller, healer, and such. haha i hope that answers your question.

Brilliant - I am so tired of these fantasy RP's that require little more than "she nodded in agreement while drinking her juice box" replies. If this will be a more fleshed out kind of deal, please keep me in the tag list. This seems very promising and I am craving at least semi-complex and competent RP interaction. I am already thinking about potential characters. NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy

Brilliant - I am so tired of these fantasy RP's that require little more than "she nodded in agreement while drinking her juice box" replies. If this will be a more fleshed out kind of deal, please keep me in the tag list. This seems very promising and I am craving at least semi-complex and competent RP interaction. I am already thinking about potential characters. NyanNyanYummy NyanNyanYummy
I think your problem was trying to find a fantasy RP in a modern/realistic RP. :P
Intellectual Sword Intellectual Sword

Before the demonic war, magic was more cultural in nature. It was something that was passed down from generation to generation that was meant to be improved on and passed along. It was more altruistic in the sense that people used their magic to build up society. That's why the demonic magic caused so much destruction. A lot of academies ended up closing because of the sheer number of people that were corrupted, and with more and more academies being covered to defense academies, cultural growth and the altruistic side of magic end up getting stifled. The fear that grew from the war ushered in a new growth of militarized magic. So as time passed by, the type of magic that was passed down was less cultural and more tactical in nature.

So the growth of technology grew exponentially as a result of the general change in the purpose of magic. People relied less on magic assistance and built the tools they needed to do the things they needed to do.

So as far as differences between technology and magic... I don't want to say that they're interchangeable, but there's probably gonna be a bit of overlapping in what certain characters can do. What will be the difference are the applications and limitations of each. it'll end up boiling down to science vs magic, where the players who come into conflict will have to work out who is stronger through the context of their actions. I'm gonna try to regulate what people will be able to do by breaking abilities and technology into different categories like defender, attacker, controller, healer, and such. haha i hope that answers your question.
And sure, in a sense. Though I'm not sure exactly on how application would be different, limitation is plenty enough to differentiate them.

I think your problem was trying to find a fantasy RP in a modern/realistic RP. :P

And sure, in a sense. Though I'm not sure exactly on how application would be different, limitation is plenty enough to differentiate them.

Perhaps... I had one recently - a supervillain thing where the defining characteristic of one of the characters was that she drank vodka, and only spoke to anyone who drank with her - and then only in cryptic minimal word phrases hastily as lazily translated into Russian... Now, this might have been salvaged with a coherent narrative built around the character - well-defined actions and reactions portrayed through a few sentences around the Russian... but no. IT was just "Bottom's Up!" - In 'Russian' - and perhaps a note on how she was opening another bottle. In a word... maddening.

Awesome! I'm working on a skeleton lore sheet to give you guys an idea of the parameters of the RP. Then I'll cook up a character sheet and we can get started

O_O

Did I hear Fantasy, Academy and MAGIC! SING ME UP~! How do I sign up?!?!? Where?!?!? WHAT DO I NEED?!?!? I AM COMPLETELY INVESTED ON THIS STORY LINE! I WANT TO BE A PARTTT OF THIIISSSS! I AM MAKING AN OC RN WITH WHAT I HAVE RN!! is there a Toronto or something like Toronto in this plot? I AM SO EXCITED~!

I created Magsaysay aka Silay, its a country in Philippines (I come from there BTW) but I hope Philippines is still there XDDD

I created Magsaysay aka Silay, its a country in Philippines (I come from there BTW) but I hope Philippines is still there XDDD
I think what Nyan was trying to clarify is that this does not take place on Earth, there is no Philippines or Toronto. It's a world of its own with grand, mythical lands and people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back