• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Older Novella-Style Literate Writer Looking for New Partner

Nostalchiq

Uncomfortably Numb
Roleplay Type(s)
I'm back and looking for a new partner! This is a long one, but if you're interested in a literate novella-style writing partner please stick around until the end!

A little about myself. I'm 37 years old, so definitely a 'mature' writer. Because of this, I'd really love to write with someone who's over 30, but I'm open-minded about writing with someone in their late 20's who's very mature for their age. 😊 I'm a stay-at-home parent and have obligations that keep me busy for a decent amount of time, and I won't be able to write every day like I used to because of real-world stuff, but I can definitely promise at least two posts a week ranging from roughly five to eight paragraphs unless something comes up. I would like for my partner to provide the same frequency, but more often is fine so long as they're okay with waiting. Even once a week would be alright if the writing is up to par!

I've been writing since I was in middle school, so I'm going on two decades now. I've always preferred quality over quantity in every sense, so I'd rather have a couple of really great long-term writing partners than a bunch of partners in constant rotation. With regard to writing, I'm looking for someone's best because I always try to put out my best too! We all make mistakes, myself included, but editing is a must and can't be skipped for the sake of convenience.

A well-fleshed-out character and room for development is one of my favorite aspects of writing, if not the favorite. Plot and everything else is important too, but if the characters are hard to connect with or are hollow and unlikeable it's difficult to get invested in the story. So if you feel like you have an OC that's really incredible, deep, and interesting, I'd love to meet them! Vicariously, of course. 😅

As for what I'm looking for right now, I've got my heart set on fantasy (high, low and everything in between) and would prefer a historical setting if possible. Anything from the turn of the last century and prior. But if you'd like to try something a little later, such as the 1940's-1950's, I'm open to it if you have a really great plot figured out! I admit I'm not the best at devising creative stories all on my own, but working collaboratively I've found that I have a decent amount to contribute. I love to chat OOC with my partners when not writing so that we can come up with all sorts of new and different plot twists and conflict to inject into the story, so please be open to that!

I'll admit one of my weaknesses is that I get caught up in the little details and some people aren't a huge fan of that, which I completely respect. It slows things down and forces us to analyze the environment or the character's demeanor/introspection a little more closely. If you're into that, great! If not, just be warned that this is a big part of my writing style and that it probably won't change anytime soon. I just love to create atmosphere and for me, that's more important than the more 'thrilling' stuff. Although that's certainly appreciated too if it's timed right. I realize this might be a dealbreaker for some people, so I thought it was important to mention.

I love slow-burn relationships and would really enjoy implementing that in my next RP! I can do any pairing, write men and women, and I have no limits as far as what topics I won't write about. I will respect any you have within reason, though. Please be open to darker/mature themes and have a strong stomach for the grittier side of life.

Right now I'm not currently looking to write:

*Fandoms (Please have your own unique OC!)
*Futuristic/Sci-fi
*Furries (although different fantasy races are great)
*Slice of life (I love scattering slice of life aspects/moments into my RPs, though)

For female OCs, I ask that you please avoid the strong, independent Mary Sue 'girl boss' trope if you can. It's extremely overplayed and it's just not interesting to me these days, especially for a historical RP when that sort of personality wouldn't have been realistically tolerated by society.

Let your characters be flawed! Let them have room to grow and develop as people. Breathe humanity into them as much as you possibly can.

Please be willing to write side characters as needed, as I'll be doing the same.

Please be willing to write in PMs here as I find it's the best way to keep things organized. I have a Discord for chatting as well!

If you got this far, thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to get to know me and what I'm looking for. :xFsmile: And now, I'd like to get to know all about you! So if you feel like we might be a good fit, please PM me with your favorite food in the title and send me a message with a writing sample attached. I know it's considered pretentious here to do that, but the times I haven't asked for one it's never gone well and it ends up being a waste of time for the other person as well as myself. So please don't take it personally! (Of course, I would be happy to provide a sample to you as well at your request.)

I look forward to hearing from you and possibly writing with you in the future!

Last edited:
How do you feel about historical fantasy? I may just have a few ideas along those lines to PM you about when I get home.

How do you feel about historical fantasy? I may just have a few ideas along those lines to PM you about when I get home.
Hi! As I mentioned, it's one of my favorites! Feel free to PM me about your ideas if you'd like. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back