• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Olde Blair House (SPOTS OPEN)

rosar.io

a vanishing cabinet
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #D6C8BA;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} setting) (show tabsContentsetting)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]setting[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
Olde Blair House
chris'coding

Whispers and secrets of the mysterious Blair House spread like wildfire; a place for the children with nowhere else to go, children with abilities. A place for these "children of the damned" to be safe. Safe in the arms of Leopold Blair. Stored safely in a home from a world who shunned them. A world who terrorized them. This home was built in the year 1842 by a wealthy family. This home grew to be known as Blair House ater being inherited by the lunatic scientist, Sir Leopold Blair. Day by day, Blair grew more and more infatuated with the idea of people with unnatural abilities. He grew infatuated with the idea of the wicked.

Blair trekked from circuses and freak shows looking for these sorts of people. People with abilities looking for a "better" life. People to confirm his beliefs. The first person he found was Amelia. Amelia, being the first to take sanctuary at Blair House, grew closest to Leopold. They fell in love and wed. Over time, Blair gathered more and more people of supernatural abilities. They admired him as a man who gave them a place to be themselves. However, things never last. Time goes by, people come and go. Overtime, wars happened and people left. They all grew up and went on their own journey outside of the walls of Blair House.

Leopold Blair was 20 years old in the year 1940. He died at the age of 90 in 2010. This was where his family gathered once more. Those who left were once more at Blair House, the ones lucky enough to survive the torment of the outside world. Overtime, the house grew empty. There was nothing left of Blair House except for Leopold Blair's dearest daughter. Adelaide Blair, a 40 year old woman, who worked to keep the house the same as it always had been. Rumors say that the house is a time capsule. An untouchable building in the middle of the countryside, far away from the dangers of the outside world.

For years, the house ran officially as an orphanage. This was in no way a lie. They merely had specific criteria. The building had always been peaceful, a building that housed a tight-knit family. Everyone had their oddities, their interests, their skills. But soon, people began to vanish. Every few months, someone would be gone. What could be done to stop it?
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
Olde Blair House
chris'coding

Rules:
- Be active. Understandably school, work, or simply having plans can and will get in the way. That's incredibly understandable. But please don't drop the role play and preferably give a warning if you'll be gone for more than a few days at a time.
- Preferably 2 paragraph minimum, but I won't force anyone to write when there's no passion. Quality over quantity, of course. If you don't feel there's enough for you to respond to, don't worry about the length. Just write what comes to you and make a post you're proud of. As long as you have a fair grasp of the english language and grammar, don't worry. Also, remember: mistakes are common. I make them all the time in my writing.
- This is NOT first come, first serve - I will be offering 5 spots for applications, I may offer more depending on interest, but once those spots are filled, it's final. As many people can apply as they want, but since I don't have specific roles, you have a maximum of one character. Apply with more than one if you want, but know that I'll only accept one of your characters.
- PLEASE keep the drama IC. I don't wanna deal with OOC drama.
- NO mary su/gary stu characters. Everyone has flaws. Since this a supernatural-esque roleplay, their powers should have limits. Keep it balanced.
- I'll only be accepting realistic face claims for this, no anime or drawn. I may make exceptions for realistic drawings.
- Read through everything before asking me a question, please. I beg you because I won't repeat myself unless it was very unclear how I wrote it.
- Try to keep the genders balanced, just because I prefer a good balance. It's not set in stone, though - genders aren't the most important thing to this roleplay, so apply whatever you want, I'm looking for the character before anything else. But if you see 5 male characters and 2 females, I'd urge you to make a female application.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentsetting" style="display: none;"]
Olde Blair House
chris'coding
Blair House is a gothic/victorian-style home constructed in 1842. It's location is a field just outside of Boonsboro, Maryland. The house has ten bedrooms, a labratory in the attic, a sitting and dining room, and an office which belonged to Leopold. The office is untouched, and blocked off from entry to anyone other than his daughter Adelaide. It's as large as it appears from first glance, the rooms built to hold large groups of people, making it perfect for the family that Blair always imagined. His family of the supernatural.

Adelaide has worked to add more advanced technology that she and her father worked on, ideas that she doesn't plan on sharing with anyone other than those in the house. Adelaide is the only person in charge of the house aside from an AI robot named Charles who cleans and manages the house. Adelaide redesigned the basement into a 'training facility' for the children she brought into the house. It was in 2010 that Adelaide went on her own search for more supernatural children of her own, who at the time would have been aged 8-10. Now, in the year 2019 (ages 17-19), they work together to solve the disappearances of the people they grew up with. They must take matters into their own hands as Adelaide brushes the disappearances away and simply puts the home on lockdown.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
Olde Blair House
chris'coding
characters:
Madeline Kent | 18 | astral projection | rosar.io rosar.io
name | age | power |taken by

[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
Olde Blair House
chris'coding

ooc
cs
main

[/div][/div][/div]

About:
Whispers and secrets of the mysterious Blair House spread like wildfire; a place for the children with nowhere else to go, children with abilities. A place for these "children of the damned" to be safe. Safe in the arms of Leopold Blair. Stored safely in a home from a world who shunned them. A world who terrorized them. This home was built in the year 1842 by a wealthy family. This home grew to be known as Blair House ater being inherited by the lunatic scientist, Sir Leopold Blair. Day by day, Blair grew more and more infatuated with the idea of people with unnatural abilities. He grew infatuated with the idea of the wicked.

Blair trekked from circuses and freak shows looking for these sorts of people. People with abilities looking for a "better" life. People to confirm his beliefs. The first person he found was Amelia. Amelia, being the first to take sanctuary at Blair House, grew closest to Leopold. They fell in love and wed. Over time, Blair gathered more and more people of supernatural abilities. They admired him as a man who gave them a place to be themselves. However, things never last. Time goes by, people come and go. Overtime, wars happened and people left. They all grew up and went on their own journey outside of the walls of Blair House.

Leopold Blair was 20 years old in the year 1940. He died at the age of 90 in 2010. This was where his family gathered once more. Those who left were once more at Blair House, the ones lucky enough to survive the torment of the outside world. Overtime, the house grew empty. There was nothing left of Blair House except for Leopold Blair's dearest daughter. Adelaide Blair, a 40 year old woman, who worked to keep the house the same as it always had been. Rumors say that the house is a time capsule. An untouchable building in the middle of the countryside, far away from the dangers of the outside world.

For years, the house ran officially as an orphanage. This was in no way a lie. They merely had specific criteria. The building had always been peaceful, a building that housed a tight-knit family. Everyone had their oddities, their interests, their skills. But soon, people began to vanish. Every few months, someone would be gone. What could be done to stop it?

Rules:
- Be active. Understandably school, work, or simply having plans can and will get in the way. That's incredibly understandable. But please don't drop the role play and preferably give a warning if you'll be gone for more than a few days at a time.
- Preferably 2 paragraph minimum, but I won't force anyone to write when there's no passion. Quality over quantity, of course. If you don't feel there's enough for you to respond to, don't worry about the length. Just write what comes to you and make a post you're proud of. As long as you have a fair grasp of the english language and grammar, don't worry. Also, remember: mistakes are common. I make them all the time in my writing.
- This is NOT first come, first serve - I will be offering 5 spots for applications, I may offer more depending on interest, but once those spots are filled, it's final. As many people can apply as they want, but since I don't have specific roles, you have a maximum of one character. Apply with more than one if you want, but know that I'll only accept one of your characters.
- PLEASE keep the drama IC. I don't wanna deal with OOC drama.
- NO mary su/gary stu characters. Everyone has flaws. Since this a supernatural-esque roleplay, their powers should have limits. Keep it balanced.
- I'll only be accepting realistic face claims for this, no anime or drawn. I may make exceptions for realistic drawings.
- Read through everything before asking me a question, please. I beg you because I won't repeat myself unless it was very unclear how I wrote it.
- Try to keep the genders balanced, just because I prefer a good balance. It's not set in stone, though - genders aren't the most important thing to this roleplay, so apply whatever you want, I'm looking for the character before anything else. But if you see 5 male characters and 2 females, I'd urge you to make a female application.

Setting:
Blair House is a gothic/victorian-style home constructed in 1842. It's location is a field just outside of Boonsboro, Maryland. The house has ten bedrooms, a labratory in the attic, a sitting and dining room, and an office which belonged to Leopold. The office is untouched, and blocked off from entry to anyone other than his daughter Adelaide. It's as large as it appears from first glance, the rooms built to hold large groups of people, making it perfect for the family that Blair always imagined. His family of the supernatural.
Adelaide has worked to add more advanced technology that she and her father worked on, ideas that she doesn't plan on sharing with anyone other than those in the house. Adelaide is the only person in charge of the house aside from an AI robot named Charles who cleans and manages the house. Adelaide redesigned the basement into a 'training facility' for the children she brought into the house. It was in 2010 that Adelaide went on her own search for more supernatural children of her own, who at the time would have been aged 8-10. Now, in the year 2019 (ages 17-19), they work together to solve the disappearances of the people they grew up with. They must take matters into their own hands as Adelaide brushes the disappearances away and simply puts the home on lockdown.

Spots:
Madeline Kent | 18 | astral projection | rosar.io rosar.io

Links:
ooc
cs
main

Last edited:
I'd be down to be a part of this; Its been quite some time since I've taken part in a Supernatural RP. Might even transfer a character from an Inactive RP and make a few tweaks depending on what is required.

ok i'd be interested in this for sure, giving me some good umbrella academy/scooby doo vibes, and i always love me some scooby doo lol

I am struggling with what to do for the backstory, but I have everything else down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back