Advice/Help ok so

Coca-Cola

My name is Charlie what's yours
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I got an idea for a DND group does this sound like a good idea
in a futuristic society a corrupt king is in charge of what used to be Russia now as you can tell Russia is well COLD AS FUCK LIKE WHAT THE FUCK WHY SO COLD?! anyways the king chose to create a GIGANTIC heater for the Winter and another GIGANTIC cooler for Summer both are revolutonary but the power gets to the kings head and hourds (almost) all the heating/cooling for himself only giving it to the Rich for free and the poor have to pay 90,525.00 Russian Ruble (1000 USD used google) just to be warm the party has to find a way to save the poor from FREEZING TO DEATH

Good or Bad idea?

Issues I have with the way you wrote that aside, I think this could work as a comedy-focused campaign? Like, disregarding the economics (I can just assume the king is really out of his mind for that one) of the situation, a giant appliance as the solution to a country-wide problem is the kind of thing you'd see in a kids cartoon, not to mention a party of adventurers needing the solve the problem of people being cold on their own (something to which people already have solutions to by the way).

I also dislike the use of real world locations, but more than setting this in Russia with a cartoonish class conflict seems like it's actively inviting real world politics, which I guess some people might like, but to me looks like a red flag (pun not intended).

I agree with Idea, though with some tweaking, there could be a really good story in this.
Instead of it just being Russia, this could just be any country who's being affected by a sudden ice age taken over the Earth. Then there would be a natural power imbalance between the rich and the poor, the poor dying off in swaths while the rich keep their power on and keep themselves from freezing to death. Plus the added bonus of this huge mystery behind what's making the earth colder.
Heating appliances could easily be common and owned by everyone, but fuel could be the needed commodity, and the government could offer "free" fuel to anyone in need (so long as they obey unquestioningly)! How kind of them!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back