• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Of magic and love [Female partner needed][Closed]

SilentMadness

Master Of Disharmony
Hello, and welcome to my thread!

First, I would like to thank you for passing by, even to throw a glance. I appreciate it. If you do decide to read further, then I suppose your attention has been perked. But, before we get to the good stuff, I'd like to introduce a basic set of rules, or rather, preferences. Here they go.

- I enjoy creativity, good grammar and detail (3 paragraphs and up kind of detail).

- I won't hound you about posting times, but a few posts per week are nice enough, since I might not be able to post every other day either.

- I enjoy a good OOC chat from time to time, and communication. I wanna hear ideas, I want us to develop together.

- I suppose that's all I want. Leave a sample of your writing with your comment/PM so I will know that you have read my preferences. That way I'll also figure out if you're the RP-er I'm looking for!
Here is a writing sample from me:

His attempts at escaping her were fruitless, as it seemed, but what could he do? She was on his tail, she was tracing him, a pair of eyes was burning holes in the back of his head and the guilt was too much. Plus the shame. And the fear. She only wanted to take a better look at the freak show. That's what everyone ever wanted, eversince he first came out to a person about his special ability that he'd gained after being the subject of a rogue experiment. It all spiraled out of control, and now he was destined to run forever, from everything and everyone. And I did that so fucking well until I screwed up in my sleep and brought myself here, he thought angrily as he continued trying to blend in the crowd.

And there she was, still behind him, he realised as he turned his head only briefly to gaze back. If only he wasn't in the middle of a street, he could probably just teleport away and dissapear, maybe this time, for good. He couldn't risk it. Anything at all. He needed to make off. But she wasn't letting him, and that was the worst part of it all.

He couldn't very well run, the crowd was too tight, it seemed as if everyone was going out for some reason, like a cruel joke of fate. The only way to escape is to stop running, and face her, dude. His inner voice told him, an inner voice that was more often than not, right. He hated it. It was like something inside him was more mature, more experienced and wiser than his normal self. Maybe it indeed was, or maybe it was just his mind going out with a blast. But he had no choice. He had to stay, and endure. What could be so bad? She will ask, he will answer, and in case she would call some authorities, he could dissapear in the blink of an eye. Yes, that was what was to happen.

Stopping from his near-running, he eventually turned around and shyly approached the girl. He didn't have the courage to gaze at her, and so, he tried to look in other ways as he stopped at a fair distance from her. "I... er..." He began, only now realizing he actually didn't know what to say. And what was there to say, even? She hadn't asked him a thing, so should he really say something? "... I'm... sorry for running, Miss..." He continued, realizing just how stupid that sounded. No, he had other things to worry and apologize for and this was the only one he could do? Seriously? Was that it? "I'm also sorry for that night back then... I... I didn't mean to and... er..." I can teleport, and I'm a freak of nature, so you might as well call for the circus now and be over with it! His inner voice completed in a sarcasm that was definitory to it, causing him to be angry at himself. Really, his line of excuses was a joke, and he himself was acting weird, odd, strange... You're just acting as what you are, so you might as well embrace it, the inner voice chimed in again. That one person in his mind, the other him, was the only constant presence in his life. One he would gladly live without.

The distant sound of a truck horn, approaching at high speed, however, gave the scenery a lot more in terms of dinamics, as people began to scream and panic. Erik only needed to turn his head to understand what was going on. A red truck was plowing through traffic at very high speed, so high that it pushed everything out of its way in the crazy run. Out of control, completely. The turn of wheels, however, directed it straight on the sidewalk on which Erik and the stranger girl were on, and the whole scenery turned into a painfully long, slow-motion film. Erik could see how the first people in the truck's way were being completely obliterated, all while others around him and the girl were jumping away or running from the scene. His mind was muddy, and he had to make a quick decision. The truck was inching closer, and closer, until the pressure caused him to break, and in a matter of moments, he caught the girl in a swift embrace and in a matter of moments, disappeared with her, soon enough, materializing on the opposite sidewalk, under the shocked gazes of the people.
And, with that out of the way, it's time to move on to the plot, right?

In a medieval sort of fantasy world, far away from mainlands and their conflict, there lies a tremendous island. An island home to an university fully dedicated to studying the 5 main schools of magic arts:

Arcane. Fire. Water. Air. Earth.

There is a 6th school of magic, Necromancy, but due to its sinister and chaotic nature, its use is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.

Character A (me) and character B (you) are both in their first year at the University. Which means they attend most courses in parallel, since first year is the learning of the general concept of magic.

There is no actual direction I wish to take this in, but it will involve romance and a journey of discovery, a path that our characters will take together!
So! There's the big idea. I hope I hear from someone! So long!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm open you caught me at, no actual direction just the start of something awesome. I can't currently PM you because of my still new member status. I hope that you take what I give you here. All I ask is a chance, please?

Watching the students make way for them as if by some universal trick. All she wanted to do was speak with him. Something inside her urges her too, pushing her. She doesn't know how to stop it, like some odd force towards him. Why the hell does he want to run away? He dropped some of his notes when those other stupid guys were pestering him. That is all Alix wanted to do was give him his papers. Unaware of their importance she just had to get near him. She feels bumps into people, ignores a few gropes from many stranger hands attempting to stop her.

Alixenna hears the whispers, the hoots, and hollers. It is said that he is the strange one, the different one. No, this isn't ringing true in her heart at least she can feel. That compelling force she notices when he is around.
I haven't noticed him before, but he gives me that electrical feel when I walk past him... oh Alix, maybe you are going crazy.. It is true she doesn't know exactly who he is, what importance he has to her. It is just everytime she has passed him by, seen him she feels something. It is quiet, yet so lively. The small rush, but around everyone she does ignore it. This isn't exactly an excuse to talk to him he really did drop some papers. Alix is a studious lady, education is important so what she wants to help a fellow classmate with lost papers?

What she does know is his name, and the whispers that follow with it. Just when she was about to shout his name he turns around which has her stopping where she is at. Heaving from literally chasing after him he is coming in her direction she tries to calm her breathing. Forgetting her breath exercises, hair matted to her face. Quickly she reaches up to tuck away those strands as he comes to a safe distance. Finally, breath calming down some she tilts her head offering a genuine smile. Holding his papers in one hand, giving him a chance to speak. Yet in the same instant he stutters as she offers him patience. Hey, it gives her a chance to finally breathe normal. All the while Alix offers unending patience for him. When he stops, also not trying to look at her Alix holds up her hand.. "You dropped these on the way ou--." Before she could finish her words she notices the same thing happening.

That truck is going insane. It isn't going in the opposite direction so she does start to back away unaware of what he himself is about to do. Alix shakes her head trying to push at whomever is behind her. Forgetting to breathe he touches her, no he grabs her in the same instant the truck was heading towards them. No chance to blink, no chance to even scream.... papers fluttered in the space they once stood in. Alix wraps her hands around him, eyes closed shut truly unknowing of what he is capable of.. Yet it is such a rush to her because of rushing truck, and touching him.... that pull is stronger. Maybe it is just her going insane so the second part she won't think of at the moment.

Alixenna opens her eyes with her cheek pressed against his own, and breathes.... squeaking out her words... "What just happened," never letting him go while her heart feels like a thousand stampeding elephants trying to escape....

SilentMadness said:
Hello, and welcome to my thread!
First, I would like to thank you for passing by, even to throw a glance. I appreciate it. If you do decide to read further, then I suppose your attention has been perked. But, before we get to the good stuff, I'd like to introduce a basic set of rules, or rather, preferences. Here they go.

- I enjoy creativity, good grammar and detail (3 paragraphs and up kind of detail).

- I won't hound you about posting times, but a few posts per week are nice enough, since I might not be able to post every other day either.

- I enjoy a good OOC chat from time to time, and communication. I wanna hear ideas, I want us to develop together.

- I suppose that's all I want. Leave a sample of your writing with your comment/PM so I will know that you have read my preferences. That way I'll also figure out if you're the RP-er I'm looking for!
Here is a writing sample from me:

His attempts at escaping her were fruitless, as it seemed, but what could he do? She was on his tail, she was tracing him, a pair of eyes was burning holes in the back of his head and the guilt was too much. Plus the shame. And the fear. She only wanted to take a better look at the freak show. That's what everyone ever wanted, eversince he first came out to a person about his special ability that he'd gained after being the subject of a rogue experiment. It all spiraled out of control, and now he was destined to run forever, from everything and everyone. And I did that so fucking well until I screwed up in my sleep and brought myself here, he thought angrily as he continued trying to blend in the crowd.

And there she was, still behind him, he realised as he turned his head only briefly to gaze back. If only he wasn't in the middle of a street, he could probably just teleport away and dissapear, maybe this time, for good. He couldn't risk it. Anything at all. He needed to make off. But she wasn't letting him, and that was the worst part of it all.

He couldn't very well run, the crowd was too tight, it seemed as if everyone was going out for some reason, like a cruel joke of fate. The only way to escape is to stop running, and face her, dude. His inner voice told him, an inner voice that was more often than not, right. He hated it. It was like something inside him was more mature, more experienced and wiser than his normal self. Maybe it indeed was, or maybe it was just his mind going out with a blast. But he had no choice. He had to stay, and endure. What could be so bad? She will ask, he will answer, and in case she would call some authorities, he could dissapear in the blink of an eye. Yes, that was what was to happen.

Stopping from his near-running, he eventually turned around and shyly approached the girl. He didn't have the courage to gaze at her, and so, he tried to look in other ways as he stopped at a fair distance from her. "I... er..." He began, only now realizing he actually didn't know what to say. And what was there to say, even? She hadn't asked him a thing, so should he really say something? "... I'm... sorry for running, Miss..." He continued, realizing just how stupid that sounded. No, he had other things to worry and apologize for and this was the only one he could do? Seriously? Was that it? "I'm also sorry for that night back then... I... I didn't mean to and... er..." I can teleport, and I'm a freak of nature, so you might as well call for the circus now and be over with it! His inner voice completed in a sarcasm that was definitory to it, causing him to be angry at himself. Really, his line of excuses was a joke, and he himself was acting weird, odd, strange... You're just acting as what you are, so you might as well embrace it, the inner voice chimed in again. That one person in his mind, the other him, was the only constant presence in his life. One he would gladly live without.

The distant sound of a truck horn, approaching at high speed, however, gave the scenery a lot more in terms of dinamics, as people began to scream and panic. Erik only needed to turn his head to understand what was going on. A red truck was plowing through traffic at very high speed, so high that it pushed everything out of its way in the crazy run. Out of control, completely. The turn of wheels, however, directed it straight on the sidewalk on which Erik and the stranger girl were on, and the whole scenery turned into a painfully long, slow-motion film. Erik could see how the first people in the truck's way were being completely obliterated, all while others around him and the girl were jumping away or running from the scene. His mind was muddy, and he had to make a quick decision. The truck was inching closer, and closer, until the pressure caused him to break, and in a matter of moments, he caught the girl in a swift embrace and in a matter of moments, disappeared with her, soon enough, materializing on the opposite sidewalk, under the shocked gazes of the people.
And, with that out of the way, it's time to move on to the plot, right?

In a medieval sort of fantasy world, far away from mainlands and their conflict, there lies a tremendous island. An island home to an university fully dedicated to studying the 5 main schools of magic arts:

Arcane. Fire. Water. Air. Earth.

There is a 6th school of magic, Necromancy, but due to its sinister and chaotic nature, its use is strictly prohibited and punishable by law.

Character A (me) and character B (you) are both in their first year at the University. Which means they attend most courses in parallel, since first year is the learning of the general concept of magic.

There is no actual direction I wish to take this in, but it will involve romance and a journey of discovery, a path that our characters will take together!
So! There's the big idea. I hope I hear from someone! So long!
@SilentMadness I hope you take a look at my post sample. I can't PM at the moment, so I hope breaking one request was worth it. I'd love to hear back from you when you get a chance.

Hey there! I'm rather interested in this however I'll be adding my writing sample in a little bit; I have no examples right off the bat that are recent unu

WantYourSoul said:
Hey there! I'm rather interested in this however I'll be adding my writing sample in a little bit; I have no examples right off the bat that are recent unu
I'll be waiting!

Hello! I am Wolfy! And I'd like for you to know that I am pretty weird and may or may not send you random meme's! And I have a question.. Can the writing sample be about anything?

Sorry that was my introduction I like doing that so...

wolfborn4 said:
Hello! I am Wolfy! And I'd like for you to know that I am pretty weird and may or may not send you random meme's! And I have a question.. Can the writing sample be about anything?

Sorry that was my introduction I like doing that so...
The writing sample I provided is from another one of my RPs so if you have written stuff before, just send me one of your posts or a thread I can check out! I'm just a little bit of a picky bastard and I enjoy reading my partner's posts and getting hyped just as much as I enjoy writing my own posts! All about the passion.

wolfborn4 said:
Dusk was down by a stream she had been living in a nearby cavd for a month or two now, she didn't remember that night... The wind picked up, gently. She inhaled deeply smelling honeysuckle, moss and pine needles.

Not long after morning had passed the peak of the day came, Dusk headed deeper into the forest to rid herself of the now scorching sun towards a calm stream. Spotting a rabbit on the other bank her body tensed ready for the hunt, she dropped into a crouch and krept forwards slowly as to not disturb the creature. She froze when the rabbit lifted its head and she lunged forwards plowing through the cool stream with glittering droplets of liquid diamonds flying around her she caught the rabbit swiftly bring its life to an end with a snap of its weak bones neck. Her heart beat fast with adrenaline.

Now the rabbit lay at her feet only its bones and soft pelt remained, she approached the river to clean herself up, seeing her reflection she cringed... The face of a sleek black furred wolf stared back at her, with startlingly blue piercing eyes. She distorted the reflection by stepping into the cool water and watching as the rabbits blood wash off her large velveteen paws before she dinged her snout in and took a drink she shook herself off. What have I become?

Hello there! Not sure if you're still looking or not, since you've already gotten a bunch of replies already...

BUT if any chance you are looking, I would really enjoy working with you on a one on one. I'm pretty new to this site, so I only have a writing sample from a group rp right now, but I think it shows my capabilities to an extent- Ah, you get the point. (It's pretty long which is the reason I used a spoiler)

"Mi-ii-ko!" A colorful girl twirled about, out of place in the dimly lit streets during the dark hour. A white haired boy, Miko, stood quietly next to her, his grey eyes reflecting their grim surroundings. He peered left and then right, gazing blankly at the floating coffins.

"Tick tock! Tick tock!" The girl sang, "Mr. Clock tells me the time! What time is it? It's Midnight!"

The two of them walked through the streets, the girl zealously greeting each and every coffin they passed, as if they were people, unknown of why they popped up every night. This had been happening for quite a while. When it started, both of them wer confused at first. They had first noticed it when they had both stayed up late playing video games at Miko's house. Suddenly the power shut off and the sky had turned green, lit up by a yellow moon. Ever since then, they had gradually gotten used to it, realizing that it would happen every night, and nothing else particularly interested happened aside from occasionally seeing other humans walking around alone.

"Oh my! Miko! Look over there!" The girl pointed towards a sight they hadn't seen before. A man was yelling for help, while a black creature, looking much like the slime monsters from the video games they both loved, seemed to be devouring him in a way. The creature wore a white mask.

"You seem a bit worried. Should we help him?" She asked Miko, who didn't seem to be phased in any visible way towards the scene.

"I don't think we have the power to help him, Aku," Miko said, his voice about as full of expression as his face.

"What are you talking about? Of course we do!" The girl replied, starting to speak a mile a minute. "We just find something we can use a weapon, and then we hit it! Bam! Or if we find a knife or scissors we can cut it! Whoosh! Or perhaps we could even shoot him if there's a gun lying around? Pew pew! Or what if we turn into magical girls all of a sudden? Then we can go all like, 'Transformation,' on him and then we'll evaporate him with our awesome magical powers! Sparkle sparkle! Come on, help me find some-"

"Whoops," Miko interupted, "He got eaten."

The masked blob turned towards the two, and began approaching. Miko just gazed at the creature, studying it in a sort of way.

"I guess for now we should make a tactical retreat!"

The two of them ran in the opposite direction of the monster, and were surprised to see that it was actually pretty fast, and kept up with them rather well.

"Maybe it just wants to talk?"

"I don't think it knows how to talk, Aku."

The shadow made a gurgling noise.

"I can understand its language! It's saying, 'That statement is incorrect. I can indeed talk!'"

"I think that's just its stomach growling."

The two sped up, trying to figure out some way they could lose it.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to rp with you. I still understand if not, so don't hesitate to say no!

Patience, I'll get back to you in a bit! I closed the thread for now as I think I got enough replies. I'll be back to you with thoughts in a bit!

SilentMadness said:
Patience, I'll get back to you in a bit! I closed the thread for now as I think I got enough replies. I'll be back to you with thoughts in a bit!
I never noticed that this thread was closed! I'm incredibly sorry for the inconvenience

That's because he got all these lovelies responses he closed it to give you guys a chance to read up on everything.

Oh no didn't mean that in any rude sense at all. He said he closed it because he notices all the replies, and would read over what was posted from you ladies. I do word things wrong, I'm sorry if it came off as such. I just wanted to be helpful that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back