• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Of Angels and Demons (Sins vs Virtues)

Thepotatogod

and it was this big
Roleplay Type(s)
'Greetings. You might not know who i am but I have an important task for you. An impending war is growing closer; The Barrier between the Nether and Aether will be shattered. I'm hoping that, one of you could stop this war.' The voice resounds in your head, as a black figure appears in the fog. You don't know why...But you walked closer...The figure appeared to be angelic, but with the horns of a demons. A wing of an Angel on one side, and one of a Demon's on the other.

'You may not see again, but heed my words.' The figure spoke, looking at you with an icy glare. You felt your deeds crawl on your back, 'Find your Allies. Find your Enemies. Discover who you really are.' The figure smiled with it's blue eyes, as everything around you faded into black, your quest begins now.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Here we go!)

Floyd was walking in a posh mall, with two uppity girls he didn't really care about. They roped him into coming with two other boys to a concert that evening. A formal concert, which made no sense to the teen. He absentmindedly said he'd buy them some dresses, a penny in the bucket, really.

He was a bit apprehensive, preoccupied by a strange dream. He was to stop a war? Angels? Demons? It didn't make too much sense. He was just a lonely white kid with too much time and money.

"Ouch. Pretty harsh... Dontcha think, Floyd?"

He snapped out of his drear, only for a moment. She rolled the L in his name like a cat.

"I mean, he's pretty mad at you, talkin' smack."

Floyd's face instinctually scrunched up as he recalled the fragments of the conversation he wasn't really a part of.

"Give me that!" He demanded, snatching her phone away from her and reading over the slandering messages. He furrowed his brow and tossed her phone back.

"Tell him that he can forget any connections he has with me. If he's gonna talk trash, he can't have my cash." He seethed. One of the girls giggled, "Alright, Floyd. Playin' savage today..." She remarked, texting as fast as humanly possible.

Floyd shrugged. "Talk shit, get hit."

This day wasn't going his way, but he shoved his hands into his pockets and continued on. The trippy dream was really bugging him. He would say he wanted nothing to do with it, but he'd be lying through his teeth.

"I'll be mugged or robbed, or pickpocketed or begged or whatever next.." He thought bitterly to himself

When Marina woke from the dream, her face was lying on a remote control and someone's hands were shaking her by the shoulders. "Marina? Marina! Ugh, did you really fall asleep in the middle of that?"

She was in her tiny apartment, curled up on a blanket on the floor next to her friend, watching a pink-clad magical girl run sobbing into the arms of an older woman with horns on her laptop's screen. "Uh..." She shook her head blearily, trying to clear her mind of the creepy dream. She searched for words to prove she'd been awake, mentally flipping through her catalog of anime to remember what this was. "Anko finally saw the light and decided to aid Luminous Maiden Yuna?"

Her friend, Emily, sighed. "No, Marina. She's her mother." Emily started to get up. "Marina, this is just... I'm kind of wondering why I wanted to be friends with you. You cancel twice, don't tell me why, and then when we finally do hang out you're constantly falling asleep."

Tears welled up in Marina's eyes. "I'm sorry. I couldn't fall asleep last night?" That was a lie; she'd been up taking a test for her online course, which she should've taken on one of many previous night instead of marathoning Magical Princess Astraea. She'd been apathetic to... well, everything. But she didn't want to be friendless again. When Emily picked up her bag and turned to leave, Marina's heart filled with despair.

The letter, she remembered. "Emily, wait," she said. "Please. I can explain."

Emily didn't turn around as she walked to the door (not far at all in the tiny apartment). "Goodbye, Marina."

As tears streamed down Marina's cheeks and watered her messy hair, time seemed to slow down. Emily's step was taking several seconds (ages, really), and the door was opening with the quickness of molasses.

Marina took the pink-enveloped letter from her cluttered desk and dashed over to Emily, who was still moving like half-crystallized honey and seemed utterly oblivious. She placed the letter in the open flap of Emily's satchel, and retreated to her welcoming, tousled bed. She hoped Emily would read the letter, which contained an apology and an explanation of how she'd slept through two of their prior appointments. In the meantime, it was time to lose herself in either sleep or Astraea, both of which involved a blanket cocoon.

It was only when Emily shut the door did Marina remember she had somewhere to be tonight. But that wouldn't be soon at all.

Alex sat at a bench in the mall reading a book she just bought. It was called The Book Thief. It was an interesting book that took place during World War II.

(OOC: Sorry for the short post)

Floyd sighed, rubbing his temple. He felt sick, with a pounding headache, and he just wanted to be in bed watching TV. Not very productive, but his eyes didn't have any sparkle or mischievous gleam, and he felt out of it, walking with his gaze on the floor.

"Well, it's been great ladies, but I fear that I'm coming down with something, and I wouldn't want to infect you two. I guess I'll have to drive home myself. You two can stay as long as you want, and I hope you enjoy the dresses." He wanted to smile, but nothing came... The girls exchanged glances and nodded.

"It's alright. Jen's mom was gonna drive us home anyways! But you do have a really nice car." She remarked, most of what she said lost on Floyd, who just cared that he wouldn't take any blame.

"Bye Flllllloyd! Thanks for the dressssss!" One of them called, waving her arm until her friend pulled her out of sight.

Floyd felt miserable.

Miserable as he walked back towards the entrance of where he had parked his car. He looked up for just a moment, where he swore he saw an angel sitting on a bench, wings fully unfurled. He yawned and stretched, almost putting an arm around the girl reading a book next to him.

Floyd's eyes were wide, and he didn't realize he wasn't paying attention. He let out only about half a curse, before falling and hitting the floor in front of the girl. There was no angel. He groaned, tasting and smelling blood.

He recognized this girl, he thought. Some straight-lacer in the grade above him. "Ugh. This is embarrassing." He thought bitterly.

(@TrueBananaz)

Sue sat in a rather nice mall, watching the people walk by. She had no interest in the mall and it's stores. It was harder to steal from nice places. But the people were easy pickings.

She had a strange dream the night before and blamed the sketchy dream on sleeping at a sketchy place. She needed money to be else where though, plus the young girl hadn't had a decent meal in a while. Other than fast food, but that only made her sick. 'Why can't I be like normal people and eat whatever I want?' she thought in annoyance.

Finally, she found a target to drag her out of her thoughts. It was a teenage boy with two girls on his arms. He suddenly snatched one of the girls' phones only to throw it back at her a second later. Sue moved to follow them until she was close enough to grab the boy's wallet. But right when she was about to grab it, he stopped to talk to the girls before walking away. Sue retracted get hand quickly and placed it in her pocket as she continued walking, as if she was trying to walk pass them the whole time.

'So close!' Sue yelled at herself, glaring over her shoulder and watched the boy trip in front of a girl. 'That stupid demon just tripped in front of an angel,' she found herself thinking casual. The teen stopped then and starred at the two. 'But there not... But why did I think they were?' she wondered and her dream from the night before came to mind.

"Hey, you!" Sue heard a man yell from behind her suddenly, dragging from her thoughts once more. The fourteen year old turned around to look at a vaguely familiar man. "You stole my credit card!" Sue didn't reply to his accusation, she just turned and ran for the mall doors.

Marina had just been expecting a sale when she drove to the mall, not a girl running into her and knocking her flat on her rear. The older girl hadn't been paying attention when she got out of the car, occupied by thoughts of Emily, the strange dream, and the stranger slowness, and her slow plod had put her right in the path of a sketchy-looking teenager barreling through the doors.

When she looked behind her, she noticed the girl had... a tail. Not a fake fox tail or the tail of a coat. A scaly, red tail with a triangle point on the end.

"Hey, wait up!" Marina called, too lazy to get up and run after her. As she sat up, the girl's movement slowed to the speed of a crawl, yet she was still running, as if through taffy. Marina finally dusted herself off and walked over to the slowed girl. This whole day had made her uneasy, and maybe tail-girl had some answers. "Hey, what are you? And where are you going?" she asked, but noticed the tail had disappeared - maybe a figment of her imagination? It was getting hard to distinguish those from reality if that were the case.

Sin rode along on a bus thought the city and was whistling along to some of the tunes being played on over on the radio. He wanted to sing the lyrics along with the singers on the radio and his tempted smile may have revealed such temptation. Instead, Sin settled down for simply whistling, a bit of tired or light headiness was coming along. It was too bad, the friend that Sin was staying with was busy and couldn’t drive the other around to apply for work, the previous stop was the mall to become a security guard and the mall received the resume and so on earlier today. There was another place to go to, that was recommended by the said friend, but a bit of a daydream or vision came to Sin.

The vision seemed like pretty basic stuff, kind of tame really for most daydreams. Some, deity looking figure that seemed to fit on a rock or metal album was talking about some war or another. It all seemed like basic lot of some fantasy video game, likely with a morals system from the person’s looks. It looked memorable enough. The daydream was rather short, but there was something weird about it. There was an odd feeling of uplifted-ness or a cheerful but dullness that was felt on Sin’s back. This definitely started to remind of a certain video game or two, but the feeling was quite odd. Sort of like falling in a dream, and the falling feeling too real, but possible.

Sin barely noticed as he was singing along to the song on the radio along the way.“I said Freak..!” He let out a bit of a chuckle having snapped back into focus. Of course he continued on singing. Although he hoped to not have missed his stop. It was for an application at some restaurant to be a waiter or a busboy; for some reason Sin’s friend told the other to show up in their more ‘casual’ clothing that he’s pretty much always wearing. There was also apparently a theme to the restaurant though, Sin hadn’t been paying attention very well..

Floyd stood up in embarrassment, but shook it off quickly. A bloody nose? Check. No matter, however. He pushed himself up, fixing his silky coral tie and giving a condescending and patronizing look to the only witness of his fall, despite being the one who should've been humiliated. "You didn't see anything." He hissed, stalking away. "Nothing at all... angel girl..." He muttered in what he thought was out of earshot.

He threw open the doors and did a quick glance around, nobody in the parking lot was paying attention, at least to him. The only figures were two girls talking about something. One of them seemed rather suspicious of the other. So he discreetly pulled out a small package from his back pocket, unzipping it and grabbing a tissue. He had the pouch with him all the time. The shape of the inhaler he hated so much still visible through the fabric. But nobody knew except him, his father, his doctor, and his assistant. And that was all who needed to know.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to remember where he parked his car. He exhaled in frustration, before shooting a glance at the two girls. He almost felt the sudden need for his inhaler as he swore he spotted two red horns shooting out of thir foreheads.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds, and when he opened them again, there was nothing abnormal.

"Just walk past, Floyd. Pay no attention. Take a shower or something when you get home, Just ignore."

He repeated this mantra to himself, walking closer to the girls, who were standing quite close to his fancy red sports car.

(mentioned: @TrueBananaz @Mollisol @darkminathegone)

'Discover who you are.' Those words echoed in Aiden's mind, distracting him from his current task. He was snapped out of his thoughts when a coworker approached him, a uncomfortable look on the man's face, "Hey Aiden...listen, boss says you need to go clean the outside kennels." Aiden let out an annoyed sigh along with a eye roll, causing his coworker to back up a little. "Alright I got it," was all Aiden replied with, wanting this 'conversation' to end as quickly as possible. Everybody knew Aiden had a temper, but it got on his nerves when they treated him like a walking time bomb. As long as they didn't push his buttons, he would be fine, pretty simple right? Aiden thought that was simple enough, but apparently he was wrong. This is why Aiden choose to work with animals, more specifically, dogs. If there was one thing that calmed the easily irritated boy, it was the four legged companions he's made at working at the Animal Control Center. Dogs were so much better than people, they could pick up vibes a lot better, so Aiden never had to deal with them being annoying. If he was pissed off, the dogs would keep their distance and let Aiden work, and if he was in a good mood, he would allow them to be as affectionate as they wanted to. It was truly a perfect job.

Making his way towards the outside kennels, Aiden couldn't stop remembering the words that 'being' said to him. Normally, he would've just brushed it off as a very random, weird dream, but this one felt different. It felt real, the warning, the thing talking, it all felt real. It was as if Aiden was being told a truth, a truth that he didn't know what to do with. Shaking his head, Aiden grabbed his cleaning supplies and prepared for his task, outside kennels were for 'unruly' dogs. That meant all the loud, hyperactive, and aggressive dogs were all located here. The aggressive ones would usually leave Aiden alone, but he has come to learn that they are as temperamental as he is.

Dylan was confused. He recently received a vision telling him to "discover who he really was". He could tell it wasn't a normal dream, but he didn't know what he should do about it. He had discovered his power at a young age, and had always simply assumed there were others like him. It stood to reason that if many people had magic powers, one of them would be able to send a message. However, this person clearly knew who those with powers were, but opted not to tell Dylan anything concrete.

If the powers were common, someone would have slipped up by now and announced their presence to the world, so it must be a small number of individuals. For all he knew, the rest of the people with powers could be in China, or some obscure African tribe that didn't have any contact with the outside world. He hadn't yet encountered anyone else with powers, so he didn't even know what he was looking for. It's not like he was going to find them all converged in a mall at once.

Still, despite the seeming impossibility of the task, Dylan couldn't help but grin to himself. He was working as a Janitor for some stuffy business. He had no motivation, no friends at the office, and barely any hobbies to occupy himself at home. Now he had a mystery to solve, and his power was clearly in the middle of it. He could use his power to sense and change the emotions of anyone he came into contact with, but he had tried to refrain from using it too often. He knew all too well that, unless he was careful, he could cause more harm than good with it. Now he had a reason to use it, as it was what made him the center of this mystery.

Dylan looked at his hand, thinking more of the applications of his power. Now that he thought about it, there was no reason to believe that all of these "allies" and "enemies" were given the same message. Perhaps his power set him apart from the rest. Maybe his power gave him a way to find and detect these people. Perhaps they were immune to his power, or had unique emotions, or could detect the magic used to transfer the emotions between them. He figured it was worth a shot. Dylan wheeled his cart over to a woman who was walking down the hall in front of him.

"Excuse me, miss." He said, grabbing her shoulder, and turning her around. Through the business suit, he could feel the woman's emotions flowing, surrounding her like a muffled aura. Nothing that particularly stood out. Pride, stress, thought, presumably she was taking on some sort of big project. There was a sudden surge of annoyance at being interrupted. Dylan couldn't feel any resistance or anything unique about her. He transferred some of her annoyance to him, both to check that it worked and to avoid any further confrontation. "Sorry, I thought you were someone else", he said, releasing his grip and backing off.

That was a waste of time, he wasn't going to get anywhere accosting random people on the street. Especially in that stuffy office, where most people were wearing multiple layers of clothes which would block his power. Unless he could open a kissing booth, or maybe offer services as a psychic, there would be no justification for him touching dozens of people a day. Neither of those options were particularly realistic or compelling. In addition, he didn't even know what he would be looking for when he did touch them, or if his power even had a different effect. He needed a new plan to find the others, but what?

Letting out a sigh, Aiden shut the door to the last kennel of the day. Originally, this was his day off, but he agreed to come in when another coworker called out. Although, he only agreed if they let him go whenever he wanted, and seeing how all the hard work was done, Aiden decided he was done with work. Making his way to the clocking room, Aiden thought about what he was going to do for the rest of the day, though nothing was coming to mind. He needed something that would distract him from that 'dream' or else it would bother him all day. Finally exiting the shelter, Aiden hopped on his bike and started to head home, trying to make some plans for the rest of his day.

His route home wouldn't take long, so he needed to come up with something fast. Since he worked a very short shift, his clothes didn't smell like dog like they usually would and they weren't dirty, maybe Aiden didn't have to go home right away. 'Could go grab a bite to eat, or get a new game,' Aiden thought.

Sin continued to sing along to the song on the radio for quite a while. Enjoying himself quite a bit as it continued along. He even began clapping along with the song a little but as it had continued playing. The thought or vision made earlier was soon completely put out of mind in truth. Seeing as he was sitting by himself on the bus with empty seats on either side, Sin danced just a little. He began swinging a little with both arms held out and up so that his hands were up to his head. Seemed he was quite enjoying it and getting caught up in the song itself as it continued to roll along. “aaah, freak out!” He continued to sing along happily and somewhat excitedly. Before then returning back to clapping along with the song that was playing. Even though it was sadly starting to fade away for another one to play.

The bus began to reach its next stop and started to slow down. Another similar song began to pick up on the radio, by the same band. It was somewhat disappointing that, Sin would be getting off at this stop. He let out a brief sigh, and somewhat stood up, or leaned forward. Preparing to get off the bus as it started to slow down more and more. Slowly pulling over and coming over to a stop. The doors opened to let some of the passengers off. As the doors had done so, Sin quickly made his way off.
“Clap your hands, clap your hands.” The lyrcis from the next song had carried over somewhat into his singing. Although, he clapped along with the instruction a bit absent mindedly. The restaurant wasn’t particular that far from here. Perhaps a bit of a jog or so. Should take a brief moment just to rush inside.

Sin, quickly picked up pace and jogged onward. Quickly jogging toward and into a nearby restaurant. It seemed to fit the description the friend had given him earlier, or at least Sin thought so. Probably passed it a number of times before. The distance was very brief and, Sin tried to make his way into the building, pushing the door open. Pulling out a folded up resume from one of his magenta pants’ pockets. Although his friend may have already sent the restaurant a copy, seeing as it was mentioned they were looking for Sin or at least, workers like him in style and outfit.
“Hey, I’m here about the job!” He said excitedly and a cheerful grin already radiating on his face.

Dylan sat down at a coffee shop, freshly brewed coffee in hand. Normally he preferred to make his own coffee at home, but he needed somewhere public with internet access for his next experiment. Dylan had never really experimented with his powers before, simply assuming they were pretty straightforward, but it looked like he would have to test a few things in order to "find his allies". He had always been good at reading faces, but he had always assumed it was just because he had experience dealing with raw emotion. But what if that was simply another power he hadn't noticed? If so, there was no better way to test it than a crowded coffee shop in the middle of town during lunch break.

Dylan opened his laptop and logged on to Facebook, scanning the crowd at the shop for anything interesting. He scrolled down and saw a picture of his old friends from the factory at a bar together. There was nothing unusual about that picture, but that was to be expected, he had already seen them before. Taking a sip from his coffee, he clicked on the post, checking the comments for anyone he didn't recognise. One of them had their profile private, that wouldn't help. There was one girl who seemed to be very talkative, Dylan could probably find several people through her. He scrolled down, a picture of her at the beach. click...scroll...scroll...a picture from a TV show...click...scroll...scroll...some woman with a baby...click...scroll...scroll...some tech VIP making a deal...click...scroll...scroll...some sad frog...

Wait.
Dylan pressed backspace and scrolled up. There was the picture. Greg Stevotski, technology mogul, shaking hands with some South American shipping company CEO. Apparently the person who's profile Dylan was on was an employee in a company affected by this. There was nothing wrong with the picture, but...he had a feeling. And if anyone knew something about feelings, it was Dylan. He checked the comments. Nothing particularly interesting, someone managed to start an argument about gun control somehow, but nobody was commenting on Mr. Stevotski. Certainly nothing about him being...demonic.

So. Demons were real, and one of them was a highly respected businessman. Dylan couldn't help but chuckle to himself, perhaps he should check politicians and lawyers next. He thought back to the figure that appeared to him in his vision. If demons were at the center of this, then presumably angels were as well. This certainly raised more questions than it answered, but he didn't have time to reflect on them. He bookmarked the page, and closed his laptop. The only question that mattered was where to progress from there? He needed to find more people, but it had taken...he checked his watch...most of his lunch break to find Stevotski, and he was barely better off than when he didn't know anything. At least now he knew he only needed to look at someone to tell if they were demonic. He scanned the crowd again, it had thinned out considerably since he had started...

There! Dylan saw a demon across the street, entering a restaurant. What luck! He checked his watch again, he should have headed back a few minutes ago. Well, he could be late. With someone he could actually talk to, he would get answers much more quickly. Of course, he couldn't just ask the questions directly. He'd just start up a conversation, gauge the Demon's reaction, offer a handshake, and hopefully schedule a meet up for a time when he was less busy.

Stevotski chuckled, he had just created begun the creation of a monopoly. He sat in a now empty boardroom, after a little bit of "persuasion" he had purchased the LAC, one of the primary shipping companies going into this country, be had more power than before, he was fulfilling his will, a will to create one company, one world, one power. That power being him. Now becoming nearly the only technology company in the United States, and having the shipping power to destroy the others by running them out of business by flooding the market. He had won, his plan was coming to fruition. The power he craved, the power he wanted, it would be his. The entire western hemisphere, he might as well been said to own.

He had one issue, a major stockholder stood in his path to owning majority stake, he at the time didn't own a majority, he would have to take it back. That would most likely be through fraud, he thought, Stevotski thought. Finally he began talking to himself "I will call him, if he does not submit, I will take it from him through force, nothing will stand in my way" Stevotski picked his phone he called the man, the only other man with any power to stand in his way, his name was Theodore Williams, he told him "I will buy the stock on your hands in MEPO, I want 100% of your stock, I am willing to offer you 120 billion dollars." Williams replied "I cannot do it!, you are going to drive this company into the ground", he replied "I have lead it well thus far, and if you leave, you will have no hand in this company" Williams replied "I cannot allow this to happen" Stevotski replied screaming "So be it, you ignorant excuse for a human being!, you were always hard to persuade, to be shown the light, I perfer the soft touch of a blade real...." He was hung up on, in fury he then slammed the phone down! He pulled out his cell phone, and began to call a dastardly number. He began the conversation "I have need of your services again.", the mysterious man replied breathing heavily "Who will it be this time" Stevotski replied "The last ignorant welp in my way, Williams" he continued "I need you to forge his will, 100% of his assets in this company must go to me, if you fail, you will suffer" he hung up.

He thought, I have to be rid of this stress, he walked to his own personal elevator went all the way down, in his custom tailored suit, and his fresh cut daily hair. He was the image of a perfect man in his opinion, successful, "handsome", and an absolute ladysman according to him. He walked out into the parking lot, where his chauffeur was waiting for him in his glorious million dollar machine, it had a beautiful brass tint to it. He then demanded he be drove to "a restaurant, anywhere I can eat". He got out and began to walk in, he felt watched, but he thought anyone like him, would be envied by all. The well respected businessman, Greg Stevotski, was no mere man, he had something different about him, he had a charisma, like no man before him.

Floyd walked past them both, not giving a sideways glance to either of them. He made it all the way to his car with no issue, and he exhaled. "That wasn't so bad... I can finally go home. Sheesh." He shifted into drive and was beginning to back out of his parking spot, checking his rear view mirror with caution as not to scratch his car, or his child, whichever. Suddenly, his phone started buzzing nonstop with voice memos, and his car began auto-playing them. He yelped at all the sudden noises, and nearly stomped down on the gas. "JESUS FELICITY!" he screeched, letting the car read out the texts to him. She was talking way too fast for any human being to understand, so he had them loop a few times.

"Oh! And I forgot to tell you! The reason I'm calling you!! Yeah! It was to let'chu know that your dad is hosting an important party with a client soon! and he said he just wanted everyone outta the house for prep!!" She started laughing, and Floyd sighed, rubbing his temple as he waited at a light. "So come meet me at the resturant! Byeeeeeeee!!" There was a click, and a robotic messenger read out a location. He nodded his head a bit. The restaurant she had selected was actually pretty good, he though to himself, stepping out of his car and locking the door.

Felicity was waiting for him at the entrance, and she pulled him inside by his hand. "
I'm not a child." He hissed, jerking away his arm. Felicity didn't mind, and she blabbered away as their waiter lead them to their table, giving them menus. She was a woman of high energy, or caffeine, Floyd didn't know which, as he occasionally nodded his head, flipping through the extensive menu.

Sue was running as fast as she could when a girl called out for her, but she wasn't about to stop for her. She didn't really get a choice though when her legs and her entire body began going slower. She felt as if she was put in an action movie with unnecessary slow motion at random scenes. She was stopping when the girl who called for her reached her side, and then the slow motion effect was gone. Sue blinked, lifting one of her arms to see it moving normally. "H-how did you...?" she trailed off, glancing over at the girl. For whatever reason though something about the older girl seemed....familiar? Sue didn't understand it but realized the girl had asked her a question of her own. "What am I? I'm a girl like you moron," she growled. 'Just because I have shorter hair and still little, did she mistake me for a boy or something?' Sue thought bitterly. Then the security guard with the man early stepped out of the mall. "And I was running from them," Sue grumbled. 'If only I didn't look like myself!' she yelled at herself, but with that thought Sue's eyes changed from lime green to a deep blue and her white hair grew as the color changed to an auburn color. Even her skin changed to a slightly darker color and she seemed to grow a few inches taller. The transformation only took seconds and Sue noticed her hair first, her eyes wide. "What....?" She looked up at the security guard and the other man just in time to see them look directly at her and to continue their scan in front of the mall without a second glance at her. 'They didn't even notice me?' She then looked at the older girl again as if she would have an answer to what just happened.

(@Mollisol )

A shady figure wearing a Black Coat and Fedora witnessed a few key happenings. One of them being the Girl who had been slowed down when she was running. Another was a mere hallucination of Angelic Wings. He pulled his phone, and whispered a few things:

" 'M49' to CSAR com, I have sighted what appeared to be an 'Ability Not Keen to Human Race'. I'm about to commence Further investigations." he stated as he passed by a girl which seemed to change in shape. "I repeat. Chosen Abilities Sighted. Requesting Permission to tail." Moments after, a distorted voice answered.

"Permission Granted."

The Man in Black Shoved his pocket, as he began to tail on the changing girl(@darkminathegone) from afar.

----------------

Meanwhile, in a facility under an Office building, a man recieved a call from one of his network channels from his room;A room filled to the brim of technology

"It would appear that they had showed up." A Distorted Voice came through his speaker.

"Heheh. What would you like me to do, Director Ceasar?" The man replied in a chill tone.

"Keep Monitoring the city. I have Recieved a call from one of our men earlier." The voice said in a Disappointing tone. "They say that there are more chosen than we had thought. Call me immediately once you found one."

"Actually. I'm about to conduct a few experiments of mine. This way, we might fish out few of these guys!" The man cackled, as he began typing out multiple messages to different adresses; Cops, CSAR Operatives, and even a restaurant's security.

"I see. My order remains the same. Call me if you found them." The Voice said with approval. The Call ended shortly after.

"Kekekekeh...Let the Party started!" He laughed, hitting send to all of them.

(@Diminium @Jeff Broski @Cyborg Pugilist @Thane Korino )

-----------------

"Excuse me? Do you have time to talk?" A Girl called out, looking at the man. She has a petite build and wore a white dress. She also had hair with the shade of Blonde.

@Joey Winchester

[!!]

Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for a moment where a few of you would go to the same place. But hey, at least this thread is still alive...Right?

But still. Everyone here has their own Paragraph to reply on.(Seen by the lil '@' marks with ur username.) And now i think will be a great time to introduce the Neutral Characters~ Good Day.

Sin stood around for a moment or so before being greeted by the restaurant’s temporary manager and co-owner. They seemed to be decently tall male around six feet somewhere in their early thirties, fallow brown skin tone, dark green eyes and well combed hair, having an odd ‘shine’ to it as well. He wore a nice, soft looking peacoat, a pair of nylon looking pants (with a bunch of extra zippers, and pockets not to mention a few chains hanging down, and a name tag up toward the left shoulder with ‘Manager Raphael’ written on it, all in a sort of bright gold like color, including the name. Seeing and have heard the other approach for the job Raphael quickly marched on over. “Hello there, you must be Mr. Tenchi. I saw your resume the other day, and hearing from your friend a little. I am quite impressed. Quite.” He said in a heavily English seeming accent and wrapped one arm around Sin. “Would you mind following me to the kitchen real quick, there is only a minor detail to be worked out.” Raphael said a bit cheerfully. Sin simply let out a shrug and chuckled somewhat. “Yeah, let’s do this.” He said, being a bit excited himself. Soon, the two walked off and into the kitchen for a brief discussion. Although Raphael seemed to jangle a bit along the way with chains.

Once they were in the kitchen, Raphael seemed to let out a sigh of relief. “So, about those few things?” Sin said excitedly and cheerfully seeming to start bouncing in place if only somewhat. Raphael looked back over to Sin with a bit of a chuckle. “Quite ready to get started aren’t we, Mr. Tenchi?” Raphael said, starting to stand somewhat taller with a grin. “Well, the choice was going to be between making you a waiter or a busboy..” Sin’s smile seemed to stretch wider, seeing as he was going to get a job either way. He was about to cut in to say either was fine, however Raphael continued onward. “Seeing, as you’re a bit excited and nearly dressed to our uniform, you’ll be needing to get black shorts later by the way, how about we start you on a few tables. I think starting you on tables, five and seven will do just fine. Since Sebastian, isn’t here today..” Raphael let out a sigh. “Come done with the flu, oh, though speaking of…!” Raphael reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a name tag that read ‘Sebastian Micael’ and placed it on Sin’s coat collar. “That will be until either Sebastian comes in, or your own name tag comes in.” Raphael mentioned. Sin seemed about ready to explode and get out there to work. Raphael seemed to admire that, and chuckle somewhat. “Alright, alright. Just a few more things before you get out there and get to work. You’ll notice the table numbers, because they have numbers on the sides of the actual table or onto the wall depending if it’s a booth. It’ll help to look on the right side of the front door since it’s in the single digits, come back in here and use one of the clips to pin up an order for the chefs and all that, and I don’t think I need to remind you to smile do I?” Raphael sighed in a somewhat relieved manner. Quickly pulling out, what was about eight menus, including the ‘specials’ menu which was inside each of the regular ones and a small notepad with a leather like binding and a pen in a holder or ‘holster’ of sorts.

“Now get out there and good luck.” Sin quickly gathered all of the above before letting out an excited “Yes sir!” Throwing his arm up excitedly. Raphael gave Sin a pat on the stomach and shoulder and soon Sin was off toward table five and seven. Practically gliding out toward them to wait upon them and take orders for those who sat at those said tables. Raphael exited the kitchen and started to head toward the back, toward his office.

((What are le contents of le message?)) ((Also Thane Korino your font raped my eyes.))

Stevotski sat down, he watched a boy scream that he wasn't a child, he merely smiled since he thought it reminded him of someone. He demanded from the waiter, "I want 12, medium rare, and the most expensive wine you have.". He then sat, and thought how great he was, how powerful he was, and most importantly how handsome he was, thinking about his power, and how little others had. Then his mercy fled quickly, as he laughed, what a bunch of nobodys out loud. Suddenly his phone blew up with messages from some "CSAR". It sounded like a corporation to him, but he hadn't really heard about it. So it didn't mean much to him at all.

20 minutes had passed, he began cursing about where his food was (expletives I cannot put here). He then thought, he should make use of his time. He called back "CSAR" as it showed up, and then he began to wait for an answer. He was put on hold, so he put it on speaker phone then set it to the side waiting for a reply. He waited, and waited. at least how he felt. He got up barged into the kitchen, and blatantly asked "Where the **** is my food, you had one job, one job to do well, and you make me wait hours!" He barged out kicking his table over. He then said "Can I get a damn decent meal quickly around here, without having to wait an hour anymore!" He then suddenly shut up, he saw this boy, the same boy who "I'm not a child", he clearly looked more, he seemed special. Stevotski took a few steps towards him.

@Thepotatogod @Diminium

Floyd, who had been rearranging his wallet as he often did, was swiftly pushing bills of high value into different piles. Felicity had rattled off a long list of things on the menu, Floyd wanting say, but not exactly caring as long as he had food. Suddenly, a man stormed into the kitchen, screaming profanities, before coming back over to his table, promptly flipping it over. Floyd flinched, "What a child." he muttered under his breath, although not loud enough for anyone to hear. He recognized this man, he thought. A popular techie who had some workings with his dad. He wondered if he'd be at the party tonight. Which would make it odd, because he was staring straight at Floyd. Although he'd probably disappear when it came to the party. His idea of a good time wasn't kissing the asses of some "important adults".

Floyd kept eye contact as he continued to pile bills into their respective places. Something about this man struck him. A sense of familiarity. Or maybe just somebody he identified with, although he wasn't sure why. Not moving his striking green eyes an inch, he put the last bill into place, and laced his fingers. He searched for a snappy, witty remark, although something inside told him to save it.

"Hello." He smiled suavely.

(
@Jeff Broski)

*~"...Your quest begins now..."~*

Harry gasped as his body jolted awake. He sat forward trying to get a grasp on his surroundings. Trees, grass, a few muffled barks, and... Dr. Jenkins on his morning walk to the hospital. Harry realizes he fell asleep in his usual spot in the park, the patch of grass with the softest dirt underneath, and with a bushes surrounding him to help combat the nighttime winds. Dr. Jenkins looked up from his path and waved to Harry with a quick smile. Harry gave a softer wave, followed with a soft grin to the young doctor as he passed on his way to work.

That dream lingered in Harry's head as he began his morning stretches. He groaned and moaned a bit as he stretched his calves, it seemed each passing day was harder on his body than the previous one. Dr. Jenkins was adamant with Harry about keeping his body in a healthy state, especially given his age and living conditions, so Harry worked hard to fulfill the doctor's wishes every morning. Yet this morning was exceptionally difficult because of the dream clouding his thoughts.

He decided to think on it later considering he had more pressing matters at hand, his daily game of Backgammon with Mr. Levinson should have started by now, and Harry hated to keep the elderly man waiting. So he grudgingly got himself on his two legs and briskly walked over to the picnic table where he found a patient, older gentleman waiting for him.

"I'm sorry I kept you waitin' again, Mr. Levinson." Harry uttered through a slight cough.

"Eeeeeh, don't you worry about me Harry, I don't have anywhere else to be and I like watchin' the lil' ol' squirrels run around the trees... I think they're funny..." He managed to wheeze out through his snow white beard that dwarfed Harry's beard in both length and volume. It was like looking at a frozen, silky waterfall.

Harry smirked at the older man as he slowly took his seat across from him and laid his pieces out on the board. As they took turns rolling die, and moving wooden disks, Harry couldn't help, but think about his dream some more. Never has a dream bothered him quite as much and he desperately needed some answers.

"Mr. Levinson... Have you ever heard of something called the eh, Aether, or the Nether? 'Cause I had a strange dream and some spooky man was tellin' me about some war or such, and he mentioned those two words... . Did'ja ever hear about such things?" He asked hesitantly.

Mr. Levinson furrowed his brow as he scanned the board, trying to decipher his next move, while at the same time thinking of Harry's odd question.
".....Aether... Nether... ? Sounds like some sort of... uh, hocus pocus. I ain't never heard of such things, but eh, you're sayin' a spooky man was tellin' you about a war? That sounds like some sort of Devil's work there. I'd talk to Brother Charles if I was you."

Harry considered the man's advice and decided to pay a visit to the local church later that evening after he had found something to eat. He could also sense that something was different about the city around him, as if there was some sort of cloud lingering amongst the pedestrians. He decided that he must have eaten something particularly rotten the day before which could explain this strange mood he was in, and perhaps it would explain why he had such a bizarre dream last night.

At the end of the game, Mr. Levinson managed to sweep a victory out from underneath Harry's feet, just as he always does, just as Harry had hoped for...

Sue didn't wait for the other girl to respond. The young girl turned once more and ran. She ran out of the parking lot of the mall and continued to run until she found a vacant ally to hide in. She looked at her hands, they looked almost the exact same, but something was still different about them to Sue. She picked up a strand of the dark hair that was attached to her head. It wasn't her hair. Sue shook her head and closed her eyes. "Why?" she asked to the silence. "Why do I look like her? I don't want to look like her..." she continued to mutter. 'I want to look like...' Sue stopped the thought before it could go any further. Slowly, Sue opened her eyes and they were green once more. Slowly, the rest of her body changed back to it's original state. Sue looked at her hands, shook her head, and walked out of the alley.

The young girl looked back and forth before leaving the alley, but something caught her eye. A man in a fedora and black coat. Sue didn't know him, but there was something unnerving about the guy. 'Maybe it's the fedora...' Sue thought as she shrugged it off and began walking once more. She still needed money for a place to stay the night. Sue looked over the street and the stores nearby. The street barely had anyone on it, she'd be caught easily if she tried to pickpocket anyone. There was a few shop, but they were pretty small and not very busy. Then there was a restaurant, and there was no way she could get away with that. Sue sighed as she thought in annoyance, 'I hate people...'

Marina wasn't fast enough to run after the other girl - she was too busy screaming, anyways. She'd seen the girl change. Into a demon. Into a friend.

What?

She looked down at herself as she started to change into a form dissimilar to the friend's, but still altogether distasteful. Her skin lightened to something sallow and scaly, and her long, carefully-bleached hair turned a sinister blue. At that, her screams faded into sobs. "Someone help me! I'm... changing... I'm..."

She noticed a man in a fedora approaching. "I'm right," she said, unnerved but sure of herself as something started sprouting painfully from her head. She got into her car, squeezed her eyes shut, and extended her slowing field, which was beginning to feel incredibly helpful. The man in the fedora was now moving like old honey, and she was driving, far away, in search of new friends.

Amelia had been walking around the mall for an hour until all of a sudden her attentive ears picked up some unusual noise, and what seems to be commotion.

Looking up from a brochure she held that featured cakes - cakes she planned on buying for the elders' weekly assembly - she spotted numerous things at once. However, they all involved teenagers, much like every other commotion the modern world has encountered. These teens seem to be standing out more than the others in her eyes, as if they were all eminating some dark aura that was not meant for this world.

As she looked at each closely, her eyes darting faster from one to the other, she stood back in shock, a bit frozen in place. She tore her gaze from them and looked around. No one else seemed to have noticed, most scurying about to their own businesses.

Without a word, she turned around and walked away, the hairs on her arms standing up. For some reason, it reminded her of her queer dream the night before, the one that claimed she was part of a battle between supernatural, unearthy beings.

Amelia shook her head, and closed her eyes shut, but it was no use - their faces were burned into her memory. Their faces, along with the devilish wings that came with their forms. As if by instinct, she knew they were enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back