• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Odd Ones Out

Let's talk 'ships!

Kieran

Finn: Super Ultra Best Friend. No explanation needed.

Rebekah: Kieran is neither here nor there about Rebekah. The goody-two-shoes thing makes him agitated if he's near it for too long. And she's kind of weird. He knows Finn is pretty close to her though.

Lilian: Definitely a Love/Hate relationship. I could see them being mutually antagonistic and enjoy teasing each other, but at the end of the day genuinely care for one another. Almost a brother/sister relationship!

@NessieAlways

Terri:

Piggybacking on what Ruby said earlier: Kieran doesn't open up to a lot of people. Him and Terri tend to occupy the same space since they both get along with Lilian, but they don't hang out on their own. Though Kieran does have a slightly inappropriate relationship with her rice krispie treats.

Alex:

Kieran respects Alex for her intelligence, and she'd generally the first people he goes to if he needs help with the logistical side of running OOOmega.

@RubyRose

Xavier:

Kieran respects Xavier's space. He understands that there's something there he's trying to hide from in his past, but unlike Finn he feels no desire to forcibly remove him from his shell. Though he does offer Xavier the occasional kind word and pull him into the odd club conversation or two. He also respects him as a fellow pianist and admires his tattoos.

@Xeyran

Jonathan: If Kieran isn't with Finn, he's probably Jonathan. Jonathan and Kieran have similar histories, so they understand each other better than most. Their friendship is a strong one.

@mxlly

Minjae: Kieran knows that Finn is hopelessly infatuated with Minjae. Every chance Kieran gets, he subtly tries to gauge whether or not Minjae feels anything, or even notices what Finn feels. Outside of his hopeless Finnjae shipping, Kieran thinks Minjae is a good person with a lot to offer the club.

@Vitez

Cain: Kieran thinks the magic thing is weird, and isn't personally a fan of Cain. But, he keeps everything civil between them, and keeping face as vice president is important.

@Wirik

Please let me know what y'all think! Agree, disagree, what not...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk 'ships part 2!

Finn

Kieran: Super Ultra Best Friend. No explanation needed.

Lilian: Finn doesn't know her very well, despite her being close to Kieran. While Finn generally gets along with everyone, Lilian's presence makes him a bit anxious. He knows her to be a bit of a troublemaker and occasionally worries that she'll be a negative influence on Kieran instead of the other way around. But, he generally doesn't publicize these feelings. Rebekah is the only one who knows his concerns.

Rebekah: Finn really likes Rebekah! He loves her unique style and adores her work with worthy causes. He enjoys the oppurtunity to help out whenever he can. If he's not with Kieran, he's probably with Rebekah.

@NessieAlways

Terri: Finn appreciates her upfront personality. The pair generally gets along, even if they aren't close.

Alex: Finn and Alex don't generally mesh. Finn is a little over the top for Alex, and Alex is a little mellow for Finn. He appreciates what she brings to the club though!

@RubyRose

Xavier: Finn is frustrated that he closes himself off. Finn routinely tries to force him out of his shell to no avail. He wishes he would open up more, but he appreciates his continued presence as part of the club.

@Xeyran

Jonathan: I don't have any ideas for this one ^^"

@mxlly

Minjae: Finn is smitten with Minjae. He's cute, has an adorable disposition... Finn makes any excuse he can to be around Minjae.

@Vitez

Cain: Finn doesn't know Cain well... But is easily entertained and enjoys his magic.

@Wirik

Hi everyone! I believe everyone has posted for the first time except for @NessieAlways , @Wirik , and @mxlly . I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, but would y'all be able to post by Tuesday? I don't want to leave anyone behind! :)

Hey guys, I'm going to be going home to my parent's house this next week (Sunday to Friday). I still plan on getting posts done but I won't really be around otherwise. Just wanted to give you guys a fair heads up :)

RubyRose said:
Hey guys, I'm going to be going home to my parent's house this next week (Sunday to Friday). I still plan on getting posts done but I won't really be around otherwise. Just wanted to give you guys a fair heads up :)
Thanks for the heads up! ^^

I'll also post some ideas I have for Minjae's relationships with the other characters

Phineas Downard @SimplyMusicality

In some ways Minjae and Finn are exactly alike and in others they are polar opposites. For instance, they are both intelligent and naive. However, Minjae prefers silence, being serious, and keeping a small group of friends while Finn enjoys talking, being optimistic and happy-go-lucky, and making new friends. They will likely become good friends, although Minjae does not know if he could see Finn as a good romantic partner due to their differences. He remains blissfully unaware of Finn's infatuation.

Kieran Lucian Maddox

Minjae sees a lot of similarities between himself and Kieran. He appreciates and understands the amount of thought Kieran puts into each word and action. They are both overly-polite, intelligent, and somewhat distanced from everyone else and Minjae clings to those similarities like a lifeline. Though Minjae believes Kieran would make a better romantic partner for himself than Finn, he would never make the first move as he is uncertain on the courtship rules and customs of America. They will likely become quite good friends.

Lilian Yvette Brooks @NessieAlways

Since they both major in psychology, albeit in different years, Minjae and Lillian have likely crossed paths. However, due to Minjae's habit of keeping to himself and his desire to blend in, they would not have spoken or truly met whatsoever. Lillian's unstable personality would likely repel and intimidate Minjae, so it is doubtful that they will become close.

Rebekah Quincy Donovan

Minjae is drawn to Rebekah's sensitivity to other cultures, and feels that she may be the one who could understand him best within the group, due to her experience traveling. They share a dislike for sexual innuendos and a love for cooking. Minjae may even give her cooking tips or teach her how to cook Korean food. They have the potential to become great friends.

Alex Johnson @RubyRose

Since Alex minors in psychology, it is likely that she and Minjae have met previously. They are both exceptionally intelligent and excel in their respective studies. Minjae has a weird relationship with math due to its link to racist Asian stereotypes, and he finds Alex's infatuation with the subject admirable but ultimately it distances him from her. However, they will likely still become close due to their shared moral belief about the value of education.

Veronica Terri Wings

Terri and Minjae have very likely met previously because they both major in Psychology. Her recklessness intimidates him, and he likely will not go out of his way to talk to her.

Xavier Ford @Xeyran

Xavier and Minjae are polar opposites. Minjae is greatly intimidated by him and would not dare to seek him out on his own. Minjae doesn't dislike him in any way, he just avoids him like the plague in order to avoid trouble for himself.

Jonathan Park @mxlly

Jonathan was one of Minjae's few friends before he joined OOΩ. Minjae met him through his required classes to obtain his minor in Korean History. They bonded over the fact that they are both quiet, lack social skills, are intelligent, and are Korean. Though this friendship may seem odd to most, it is a great source of comfort for Minjae because Jonathan seems to understand him without having to explain much. He is glad that Jonathan is accompanying him to OOΩ.

Cain Haynes @Wirik

Any ideas?

Hey guys! I know this is a little sudden, but I've been completely swamped with work and I've been exhausted whenever I do have free time So I usually use it to catch up on sleep and I know I haven't even posted once and I know it shouldn't be that hard to write a couple of paragraphs every other week, but I figured if I use this week as an example, I'm just going to end up holding up this rp for everyone and I really don't want to be such a bother does that make sense? So I feel as though it may be better for me to stop before I start. I'm so sorry Muse and I understand if anyone's a bit mad considering I made a CS and all but I feel as though I should actually drop outta this one~

I am so so sorry guys, I am quite stupid.

Is my character that bad that no one gets any kind of inspiration from him? I thought he was pretty cool.

Anyways post being made tonight! Time to deal my opening hand!

Wirik said:
Is my character that bad that no one gets any kind of inspiration from him? I thought he was pretty cool.
Anyways post being made tonight! Time to deal my opening hand!
Rebekah would like him!

I just haven't gotten to her ships yet =S

I've been busy with finals and stuff!

Okay post is made! Bah apologies if its kind bad. But its done and I will be more on top of things now!

@Wirik Your character isn't bad at all, I just wasn't sure about the relationship because my character, by nature, doesn't associate with many people and there really wouldn't have been a reason for them to meet before OOΩ

Hello everyone! I hope y'all are doing well!

Just so y'all know, I'm a Music Ed major in university! So while I love my chosen path, and my classes are great...

It is currently finals week and I want to die.

So I'm going to be CRAZY busy these next two weeks and I hope y'all will be sympathetic!

I'm going to nudge @NessieAlways to post, and will try to have something up myself this weekend!

Now, I'm off to go perform in concert x.x

Wish me luck!

-Simply/Muse

Alrighty guys, what's going on here? O.o It's been awfully quiet and I mean... I have been gone a few days but I made my post and figured I was good to go.

RubyRose said:
Alrighty guys, what's going on here? O.o It's been awfully quiet and I mean... I have been gone a few days but I made my post and figured I was good to go.
I won't be able to post for a few days still. I currently have finals (and I know at least one other person does too) so I don't even really have time to breathe until next weekend. I intend to try and have something up soon, but I really can't make any promises. :S Because my life is crazy right now, I'm being lax about posting. I'll be able to be pretty consistent starting next weekend, and I'll start poking people who don't post but for right now, I can't, so I'm not expecting anyone else to. (Especially since there are a few characters that are tied up with mine.)

Everyone has posted at least once (except for @NessieAlways for Rebekah, but I know she has finals too), so there's nothing to worry about quite yet.

RubyRose said:
High five, my friend; I am right there with you. Glad we have survived those severe challenges :P
@SimplyMusicality What's the paper about?
Luciano Berio and electronic music... I truly couldn't care less....

I should've picked a different topic :S

SimplyMusicality said:
Luciano Berio and electronic music... I truly couldn't care less....
I should've picked a different topic :S
Lesson learned; careful what topics you pick next time? xD I dunno; I didn't get to pick topics much, I had to go with what teachers said. I think the hardest for me was when I had to give a presentation explaining rap when I don't even understand rap xD That was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back