• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Oberons Veil & DreamBeat

DreamBeat said:
What would they do on their adventure is what I'm wondering.
Get to experience the various cultures and such, the nations and the world. Maybe they could explore some places like ruins and whatnot on the way because I'm having Magnus have a softspot for archaeology and history.

Alright! Looks like we'll be describing a lot of scenery then. I'm not able to make a post today (at least not while I'm half asleep), but I'll definitely be able to post tomorrow.

DreamBeat said:
Alright! Looks like we'll be describing a lot of scenery then. I'm not able to make a post today (at least not while I'm half asleep), but I'll definitely be able to post tomorrow.
Awesome! I was thinking Rivayne's capital is by the sea on cliffs. The city is facing south (meaning the ocean is to the south) while to the north in the distance are some mountains. Forests are to the north (between city and mountains) along with to the west. To the east could be tons of open pastures for cattle and sheep? Farmland is also throughout. Rivayne in my mind is pretty wealthy so the city is pretty nice and clean with no real slums or anywhere. Lots of greenery and flowers throughout the city and such. Beautiful stone buildings with say blue tiled roofs along with large white stone walls guarding the city?

Wow, the image painted in my head is like a fantasy world! I guess this is a fantasy role play haha~ Would cobblestone paths be okay too? It just popped into my head. Weather could be slightly windy since the city is right by the sea and slightly humid.

Cobblestone paths would make a tone of sense, wealthy cities tended to pave their roads (cobblestone) rather than letting them just be dirt. Sunny, slightly windy due to the sea breeze along with salt upon the air. Slightly humid yeah for sure! I was thinking there cold be a pair of hills upon the cliffs the taller of the two would have a great temple to the gods upon it perhaps called the Grand Cathedral? Then the other slightly smaller hill would be surrounded by another layer of walls within which sat the Castle with it's towers reaching towards the very heavens?

DreamBeat said:
That sounds okay with me. So the castle would be separated from the rest of the city?
It would still be in the city it's just it would be in it's own little corner with it's own set of additional walls.

Ah~ Okay then. I can visually that more clearly now. From south to north it's... Sea, Wall, City, Palace and Cathedral with own wall within City, forests, mountains. To the east are pastures for cattle and sheep?

The south portion of the city would have walls yeah but the docks would be between them and the sea :3 I'm thinking some buildings are cut into the cliffs too which would be pretty cool. As this is a coastal city there it would run longways against the sea so it would be fatter per say running east to west than it was north to south. Both the Castle and Cathedral sit on hills that are quite large and have other structures on them too but those two are at the top of their respective hills. The castle has walls surrounding it and those connect to the city's walls as well. You've got the layout :3

Buildings cut into the cliffs would be pretty cool, actually. Okay, I've got the visual now ^.^ Shall we start? We could plot along as we're role playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamBeat said:
Buildings cut into the cliffs would be pretty cool, actually. Okay, I've got the visual now ^.^ Shall we start? We could plot along as we're role playing.
Yeah! (:3) Starting would be lovely!

Monday June 6, 2016 4:45 PM

I will be unable to respond tomorrow (Tuesday) and probably the day after (Wednesday) because I'm going on an international flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
DreamBeat said:
Monday June 6, 2016 4:45 PM
I will be unable to respond tomorrow (Tuesday) and probably the day after (Wednesday) because I'm going on an international flight.
Thank you for the heads up! I will have my post up within a half hour. Please at your earliest convenience let me know what you think about it!

[QUOTE="Oberons Veil]Thank you for the heads up! I will have my post up within a half hour. Please at your earliest convenience let me know what you think about it!

[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I'll still be able to respond today until I go to sleep though ^.^

DreamBeat said:
Thanks! I'll still be able to respond today until I go to sleep though ^.^
Posted :3 Don't worry about your response! Take your time and don't rush!!! I'd much rather wait till you have time and all!

[QUOTE="Oberons Veil]Either. I have no preference, was imagining that this would be an interesting little thing.

[/QUOTE]
Sounds fun ^.^ I don't have a preference either... Could a prince have high alcohol tolerance?

DreamBeat said:
Sounds fun ^.^ I don't have a preference either... Could a prince have high alcohol tolerance?
Banquets, Balls and Festivals... most people started drinking at a young age in this kind of era?

Ooh here's a thought, what if they both tie and end up "winning and losing?"

[QUOTE="Oberons Veil]Banquets, Balls and Festivals... most people started drinking at a young age in this kind of era?
Ooh here's a thought, what if they both tie and end up "winning and losing?"

[/QUOTE]
If they end up winning and losing, would that mean that Magnus would dance? 0.0 Melus just might fall over from being drunk once this is over lol~

DreamBeat said:
If they end up winning and losing, would that mean that Magnus would dance? 0.0 Melus just might fall over from being drunk once this is over lol~
Yeah in his state after they top off at like 4 each? He'll go dance seeing a stalemate as a loss anyhow and she can just keel over.

Oberons Veil] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14880-dreambeat/ said:
@DreamBeat[/URL] apologies!
I will have the reply up tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest. I became an aunt yesterday so things have been quite hectic.
It's fine. Thanks for telling me you're alive though. Things have been a bit hectic on my side too. No worries ^.^ And CONGRATULATIONS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back