• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic OASIS - scifi slice of life

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Welcome to Oasis. Ten years ago, this was a bustling mid-sized city, fueled by an interstellar port that the Genesis Corporation ran. Now? Now it’s not. There was an explosion. Some people say it was a declaration of war from Omega, others think that the GenCorp scientists bit off more than they could chew.

I’m still here, though. And you’re here too. And people like us? We gotta stick together. Make sure GenCorp never comes back, that Omega doesn’t ever annex us. They’ll want to, of course. Everyone wants people like
us.

If things get really bad… Well, that’s the thing about a bomb. You always make a few extras.

Now stop reading my mind and get back to work.

Oasis is a casual science fiction roleplay taking place on a human-colonized planet called Xerxes, specifically in a semi-abandoned spaceport town called Oasis.

Ten years ago there was an explosion at a nearby laboratory. This resulted in the Dusting, a mysterious green cloud of spores of some sort that spread across the entire town. Almost the entire population was eradicated.

The only survivors were those with
talents - extraordinary abilities beyond normal human capabilities, such as superior strength and speed, hyperintelligence, and psychic powers.

This is their life - rebuilding their town, honoring the memories of the dead, coping with their talents, and avoiding annexation by the interplanetary government Omega. Pretty normal, right? Right.

Oasis is a casual open-ended roleplay that is always accepting new players and more characters.

A small RP plot I've had sitting about. The setting is based loosely on Borderland's planet Pandora. I've got stuff that leans toward a plot, but the roleplay would mostly be slice-of-life shenanigans and self-directed chaos.

Welcome to Oasis. Ten years ago, this was a bustling mid-sized city, fueled by an interstellar port that the Genesis Corporation ran. Now? Now it’s not. There was an explosion. Some people say it was a declaration of war from Omega, others think that the GenCorp scientists bit off more than they could chew.
I’m still here, though. And you’re here too. And people like us? We gotta stick together. Make sure GenCorp never comes back, that Omega doesn’t ever annex us. They’ll want to, of course. Everyone wants people like us.

If things get really bad… Well, that’s the thing about a bomb. You always make a few extras.

Now stop reading my mind and get back to work.
The idea is that the town of Oasis is populated entirely by humans who happen to have talents, or basically, superpowers, after an explosion destroyed a GenCorp laboratory where dubious research of many varieties was being done.

I figure it'll be a Casual RP, with a short and sweet character sheet, and no additional tabs. Should be a bit of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
DamagedGlasses said:
What kind of powers? *is interested*
One power per character, and it should be fairly straightforward. The setting description for the original RP mentioned a woman who can't be hit, no matter how many rocks you throw at her - probably a force field of some sort, or spidey-sense. Superstrength is mentioned. My own character can't age - she'll die if you stab her with a knife or if she gets cancer, but she can't die of old age.

Hooray interest! Give me a minute to revise the old RP info, and we'll have a thread.

I have gone and updated the first post of the thread, and am currently seeking additional roleplayers - so if you're interested, feel free to drop in and take a look!

lel Atom

Once I post in it again, it should be moving once more.

welian said:
lel Atom
Once I post in it again, it should be moving once more.
I still want that flying drunkard who tries to fly drunk and smashes into someone's bedroom....

I'm interested. I've got an idea for a character that became really smart and started tinkering with the technology to form his own scientific gizmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back