• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OAOOC (Discontinued)

oh? Ideas? I love ideas

I was just thinkin... maybe James isn't AS screwed as we thought?
I mean he's still majorly screwed but perhaps slightly less.

My point is, James' pain, and in turn his ptsd, always, always came from something that looked and sounded human.
So, but giant creature is giant and horrifying, but not enough to trigger his ptsd..?
Unless some other sound triggers his ptsd. Then he is most definitely wholly screwed.

I was just thinkin... maybe James isn't AS screwed as we thought?
I mean he's still majorly screwed but perhaps slightly less.

My point is, James' pain, and in turn his ptsd, always, always came from something that looked and sounded human.
So, but giant creature is giant and horrifying, but not enough to trigger his ptsd..?
Unless some other sound triggers his ptsd. Then he is most definitely wholly screwed.
hmm and maybe thats how he manages to talk Isroh down?Cause talking a frenzied Wendigo down is super hard. He kind of cant understand words very well and will take a bit to recognize him.

Isroh's sounds are strange, He is capable to either high pitched screeches, or low, barely audible sounds. his 'roars' are actually more screechish. Imagine the untill dawn wendigos for that. Although he is capable of some pretty creepy groans and noises. Think the noise chica makes from FNAF.

Heres a VERY good one. I always have trouble explaining what a Wendigo sounds like. They are either really loud or really quiet, never in between.

Funfact: Isroh doesn't know he *can* speak as a wendigo. Just not like full sentences. It takes a ton of effort and it's hard to speak without the fleshy parts of your mouth. He has no tounge, no cheeks, no upper throat, you'd be surprised how useful those are in speech.

Heres a VERY good one. I always have trouble explaining what a Wendigo sounds like. They are either really loud or really quiet, never in between.

Funfact: Isroh doesn't know he *can* speak as a wendigo. Just not like full sentences. It takes a ton of effort and it's hard to speak without the fleshy parts of your mouth. He has no tounge, no cheeks, no upper throat, you'd be surprised how useful those are in speech.

All it takes is for you to lay your tongue at the bottom of your mouth and try to talk while keeping it there. Makes you appreciate what you were given, heh.

Oh... great. That's nice. So pretty. I figured his cries were more banshee like instead that of, say, a lion. Thanks for the reference! It's very useful.

All it takes is for you to lay your tongue at the bottom of your mouth and try to talk while keeping it there. Makes you appreciate what you were given, heh.

Oh... great. That's nice. So pretty. I figured his cries were more banshee like instead that of, say, a lion. Thanks for the reference! It's very useful.
Oh yes, very banshee. No lungs so no volume control. it's kind of unclear how Isroh makes noise at all without lungs. Although his noises are made through air rushing through his skull (a wendigo's skull had an odd interior, with support collemns meant to give it the support to be almost indestructible and enough give to not crack at the seams. Its assumed that those collemns and hollow cavities are why air being pushed through makes noise.

Oh yes, very banshee. No lungs so no volume control. it's kind of unclear how Isroh makes noise at all without lungs. Although his noises are made through air rushing through his skull (a wendigo's skull had an odd interior, with support collemns meant to give it the support to be almost indestructible and enough give to not crack at the seams. Its assumed that those collemns and hollow cavities are why air being pushed through makes noise.

Duude, nice. You've done your research.

Duude, nice. You've done your research.
Thanks <3 I've put a really good amount of thought into Isroh and how something like this would work theoretically without saying 'oh his skulls strong because wendigo' Every animal in which their head is their main weapon has some kind of mechanism to protect themselves so why wouldn't a wendigo also have that?

Thanks <3 I've put a really good amount of thought into Isroh and how something like this would work theoretically without saying 'oh his skulls strong because wendigo' Every animal in which their head is their main weapon has some kind of mechanism to protect themselves so why wouldn't a wendigo also have that?

And rightly so! Very well thought-out. Perfectly reasonable too.
I can't imagine that a Wendigo would appreciate a headache from 'bumping' a few people people around.

I've had James for, pretty much forever, but only truly started thinking about the mechanics of how things would work within the past year or so. But I'm not a studious person in the least so it's not much, heh.

And rightly so! Very well thought-out. Perfectly reasonable too.
I can't imagine that a Wendigo would appreciate a headache from 'bumping' a few people people around.

I've had James for, pretty much forever, but only truly started thinking about the mechanics of how things would work within the past year or so. But I'm not a studious person in the least so it's not much, heh.

Yeah, Isroh is supposed to be able to put his weight behind his rams. Like a bull moose. Actually he'd a LOT like a bull moose.

I feel, I feel like the longer someone's had a character the more fun they are to rp. Like poor Isroh, I've had him for years and theres not a single situation I couldn't imagine what his first reaction would be.

Yeah, Isroh is supposed to be able to put his weight behind his rams. Like a bull moose. Actually he'd a LOT like a bull moose.

I feel, I feel like the longer someone's had a character the more fun they are to rp. Like poor Isroh, I've had him for years and theres not a single situation I couldn't imagine what his first reaction would be.

I can definitely see the similarities. And I just gotta say, Moose freak me the heck out. Yes they may be majestic, but I think I would rather drown than be within visibility distance of a moose.

There really is a special something in being able to know a character inside and out. Having had that time to really flesh things out, tweak things here and there, and know who they are.

Luxu's advice... to a 16 year old weakling, trying to deal with a gigantic moose-like Wendigo/demon hybrid... is to punch it?
It always works for him. And if it doesn't work the first time, punch it again. HARDER
Luxu was made specifically for this roleplay, but I had the idea for my own variant of "ghouls" for a long time. His weaknesses and strengths are plain to see.

It always works for him. And if it doesn't work the first time, punch it again. HARDER
Luxu was made specifically for this roleplay, but I had the idea for my own variant of "ghouls" for a long time. His weaknesses and strengths are plain to see.

As if we all weren't already sure enough that james was going to get eaten.

That's really awesome. Honestly, Luxu is perfect for this RP xD he doesn't put up with anyone's crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back