• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Oakwood Hero School (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
4th September 2018 - Oakwood Hero Academy's entrance exam waiting area.

Blue=Kallik, Red=Cup, Green=Jason, Yellow=Bailey. Lumos isn't important yet.
Purple is me/GM notes

Kallik was in the final stages of prep for the entrance exam. First would be the physical/groundwork test; then the mental/support test; finally the 'Eysenck Heroic Personality Test'. She turned to Kris, the only other teacher assigned to this task, monitoring the tests. "You ready, cause the flood gates are about to open, literally." The hero reached for a microphone and pressed a button. There was minor feedback audible by all 50 candidates in the large waiting area. "2 minutes until the first test, I hope everyone's ready!"
Cup, who had been required to sit in the waiting room for the past 2 hours or so thanks to his sister, was more than ready to head on to the first trial. He concentrated on a little display of his quirk, cloaking his visible skin in a thin veil of oxygen and igniting it. "Just get on with it already."
Jason's ears twitched at the mic feedback, making him as well as (he assumed) his sister wince in slight pain. His hyperactive demeanor was poking through, despite his best efforts. "So excited!" He fidgeted around in his seat, his tail not helping his general comfort as well as showcasing his excitement.
Bailey also showed slight discomfort at the microphone noise, but was way less hyper. She was, instead, checking out her possible classmates/friends. She looked around the room with all the subtlety of a villain hideout marked by a sign. "This is going to be fun."

(Well, the floodgates are open. Time to start this epic tale!)

Miyumi & Eleanor
Spite... it was a word Miyu knew well, an all-encompassing feeling of hatred that she seemed to attract and exhume in equal measure. Whether it be the sharp glare that seemed permanently affixed to her hideous face or the antsy way she rubbed the clawed tips of her mutated fingers together, everything she did seemed to reflect suspicion and disgust. Glancing from person to person, threat to threat and tormentor to tormentor, Miyumi wouldn't give any of them even the slightest of chances of interfering today. She wouldn't let them, couldn't let them, not when her charge had so much on the line. Even now, despite telling herself she shouldn't, Miyu couldn't stop herself from looking to her side at a sloppy looking bed on wheels with what looked like a fan attached to the back.

And on that oddly-colored, out of place contraption sat what could only be divinity given flesh.

"Starting soon!" Eleanor gave a happy cry before folding her hands together and rubbing her cheek against them "How nice, we become true hero soon after complete exam, yes? Smile friend, our work soon be rewarded!"

Even through her immensely heavy accent, Miyu felt the genuine joy radiating from Eleanor like a flash of pure light. Truly she was unworthy of being in such an other-worldly being's presence. Even so, the tall mutant did her best to follow her best friend's suggestion and tried with all her might to smile with her. She didn't need a mirror to know she was screwing it up. Even without the deformed mouth her quirk left her, Miyumi was horrible at smiling. She could tell she was stretching it far too much, showing off too many teeth... or perhaps too little. If Eleanor knew, she didn't comment on it. Probably because Eleanor was far too caring and understanding to point out the mutant's horrible failure.

Relaxing on her latest painting: the fan-propelled action bed (Name Pending) Eleanor examined the surrounding area with a cheerful little tune seeping from her immense smile. So many colorful peoples were here to play! She quickly whipped up a finger smiled "And on such pretty day, Mon-Mon! Even sky above grace us with clear weather."

"Yes... exceptionally clear today." Miyumi said, straining through her forced smile "Pretty sure the staff would have to schedule something like this during a time when there'd be minimal external intervention. They wouldn't want their results screwy."

"It is sign."
Eleanor stated with a chirrup "Even world support us today. You feel it, Miyu? Support of World?"

"Pfft, even if I did it wouldn't change anything." the mutant placed her fully insectoid pair of hands on her hips "The only support I'll need is yours."

"Yes yes, cooperation will aid. I cover you, you cover me." Eleanor gave a hearty laugh "Dynamic duo naturally have advantage, with power of Friendship!"

"Yeah." Miyumi agreed before sneering at the other participants "No matter what they might have, they don't have what we have, so they've pretty much failed already, we'll probably be the only ones who-"

"Hush!"

The suddenness of Eleanor's interruption snapped Miyumi to attention, she stood straight, slamming her lips closed so as not to speak over her best friend.

"No say that, Mon-Mon."
Eleanor said with a wistful sigh "World need other colors too, make big picture more detailed. My hope goes out to all, so provide hope as well Mon-Mon."

Giving an awkward survey of the surrounding candidates, Miyu gave a low grumble before raising a fist up and giving it a pump "Yeah... t-that's right. Gotta give everyone that hope and stuff."

The mutant gave an exceptionally awkward cheer for everyone, but Eleanor beamed and applauded her friend as they waited for the first test to begin.

Jean fidgeted around restlessly, she hated waiting and this waiting period had been going on forever! "I am soooo bored!" leaning back again as she flips a spinning disc between her fingers looking between the various individuals assembled members. Hoping to her feet she strolls around the area once more, a ball of energy just wating to break free, the spinning disc in her fingers letting a low pitched whine at this point at the speed. Pacing around the area yet again, this was her entrance into the hero academy but there was just sooo much waiting! she was going to go insane if there was any longer cramped in this space.

Jane herself sits towards the back corner motionless, pale skinned and cold almost like a corpse had been set down, the black voids staring outwards as she remains in a extreme focus, mentally going over each of her movements while looking over each of the potential collegues or future threats. There was no telling what could be coming her way and failure was not a option, she had a goal and nothing would stand her way of obtaining it, let alone this test, her vision crosses the various entrances focusing on each in particular *So many hollows and fakes, they just prove that person right in there delusions* she lets the thoughts conitnue to circle, remaining tensed and ready to act as the clock ticks down, 120 seconds left until she takes the first step.

Brady sits off to the side with her sister, quickly chatting away excitedly, bouncing in her seat with hands clasped tight before clapping at high speed more resembling that of a woodpecker than normal applause as the two minute mark is announced. "This is going to be absolutely fantastic Rip, Its a full color canvas and so many here! Oh i wonder who's going to be in my class? or who's going to be in yours? oh your going to get so many fun toys to make stuff with i bet if the buildings like this! better make me something good, I had tons of ideas you could try" Ripley deadpans at the memory of the previous sketchbook full she had been given. While sure she can a eye for fashion and clothing design the rest got more insane as the pages went on, if more flashy than anything else with plentiful sound effects written in as if that was the most important feature. For now she was just letting her sister talk in her rapid excitement though gives her a flat look "Oh right, yeah the test...I mean thats just a formality we are both going to pass that no problem" waving her hand off to the side in a non-chalant manner, sure her sister might have a few worries but it was all going to be fine.

Melissa sprints through the hallways outside the room passing the room one more time as she searches for the exam room, her bright yellow skin flashing past the window as she checks another few doors, before finally getting the right one and opening the door with a heavy slam shaking the room slightly as she scans around inside "Howdy! Please tell me this is testing room? or at least the right building?" her towering form leaning through the door and scanning the various occupants, insectoid eyes taking in the area.

"It's time..." William spoke to himself as he stared into the mirror. A worried uncertain expression forced itself into a confidant smirk as he walked out the bathroom. He looked at his parents, his mother adjusting his father's tie. His father glanced over at William and gave him a smile.

"It's the big day son, you worried." William put on a smile. "Worried? Me? Nope. I got this." William sat and ate his breakfast, leg shaking up and down under the table. It was about time he should start heading to Oakwood. William said bye to his parents and started on his way out the door. As he walked he began punching the air towards trees, managing to cut a few skinny branches off. William took a breath to relax himself.

"That's it..." William whispered to himself as he looked up at the huge school. William made his way to the waiting area, being able to follow the crowd into where he was supposed to be. "2 minutes until the first test, I hope everyone's ready!" said some voice from the speaker.

William looked around at the other candidates. Some had obvious mutation quirks, some seemed rather bland, but probably holding some strong quirk. William smirked and put his hands behind his head. He was going to pass, he would make sure of it. Whatever this test was going to throw at him would be a piece of cake.

Today was finally the day, fifty potential heroes in training were waiting for the entrance exam to start.
Althea was one such hopeful, dressed brightly in a pink dress with black tights underneath. There were holes cut to make room for her tail and wings respectively, she sat in a chair fiddling with her pony tail as she waited for the exam to start.
There were so many applicants this year, Thea knew they all couldn't pass though. This was their big chance to show off what made them stand out above the rest.

Simply by looking at Thea one could guess what her quirk was, an obvious mutation. Her golden scales, wings and tail were hard to miss.
She looked around at the others, noting other mutation quirks when she spotted them. She gave all who might meet her gaze a bright and cheery smile, as Thea wished the best for everyone participating today.

She couldn't be sure she could pass, all she could do was give the tests her all, and hope for the best.

An announcement was made, the tests started in two minutes. Thea rose from her chair and stretched her arms high above her head, yawning in the process.

"Alright, let's do this", she cheered excitedly.

Eve had been around for awhile and had just found a decent place that was some distance from others so they wouldn't try to talk to her. Well she had brought her tablet so she could communicate but she really wanted to avoid anything that wasn't necessary as she might make a mistake and everyone in the room would suffer for it. Still they were all here to be heroes so maybe that would be so bad as well they were going to get hurt anyways. Still thoughts like that were no good, Eve needed to focus she needed to pass. While she was not driven like some were she was without a doubt among those that had the desire to be a hero, though that was to make a living really over enforcing justice. Eve did wonder why others were here how many were idealists, and how many were like her or worse. Well no matter Eve would make sure she passed, the question was would she need to use her quirk? eve did not like to use it she didn't want to be like so many that were held aloft by the strength of their quirk alone for hers could not be used in crowded areas.

It was while she was thinking that a late comer came in a girl that had yellow skin. In an instant eve was reminded of a wasp namely a yellow jacket, though looking to the girls face the thought her was some kind of wasp morphed vanished. Yes she could could still be wasp powered but Eve had a certain idea of what a wasp would be like and to her they would look evil. Wasps were pure evil and sure a nature would without a doubt taint anyone who sheared their form. this meant the girl with yellow skin might be a bee maybe, they were yellow, though Eve would have expected her to be far more fluffy if she was to mimic a cute bee, though she had the cute part at least if not the fuzz. The girl soon asked if this was the right room and while Eve could simply let her be answered by another she wanted to see a little more of this wasp or bee girl.

Eve walked towards the girl as her resting spot had not been super far from the door and typed up a message on the tablet. " Yes the test starts soon, you should get ready" came a monotone synthetic voice that spoke for Eve.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

(I just wanna point out that y'all should only have been waiting here for 30 minutes tops. Cup was stuck there because his sister, the teacher, drove him.)

Blinking for a moment, Mellisa soon smiles even wider as she heads inside the spacious room and up to the shorter girl. "Well thank you kindly, I swear this must be the 10th building I checked...they sure like to make these schools fancy!" Her voice is loud and merry, laughing deeply as she rubs to back of her head before putting a hand to her hip and reaching the other downwards.

"Well we've been howdy'd but we ain't shook yet, Melissa Brightworth pleasure to meet ya" extending the arm to Eves it's now clearly visible that in addition to the colour her hands hold hard chitinous joints, as well as being absent a pinky.

Karcen Karcen

Eve really should have noticed how tall the girl was, but only looking up at her did Eve fully take in her scale. While Melissa was no giant she would put a good portion of the population to shame in height. The color also wasn't for show it seemed that Melissa had an ego skeleton that again reminded Eve of the vile wasp. Well when one was a mutation type it seemed to blend many breeds of animal into one representation of the species over one breed. So it might be some waspy looks got mixed into a cute texan sounding bee.

Eve wouldn't shake Melissas' hand as soon as she offered instead typung away for a few persious seconds before grabbing it as the tablet once more spoke for her. "You made it just in time Melissa I am Eve Eldridge nice to meet you hopefully you get in" it said as they Shook hands now Eve knew she needed to get in so she couldn't play it safe like she wanted to moments ago.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Last edited:
Chuckling to herself she shakes the hand, slightly lifting the girl with the speed and force of it before realising it. "Well that certainly is fortunate, I mean a late yet hero is the last thing they need....But same to you, citys seems to definitely need a extra hand or two, and might ah say that's a pretty fancy toy you got there" The girl goes to her side before leaning in to get a better look "That one of them there fruity phones?"

Salira Morgen

Location: Waiting area | Interacting with: Some tall kid | Mentions: Blanche Blanche

Back then, before the bullying began, Salira was quite popular. Why? She had a good sense of humor, a wonderful smile and a trademark that was almost as well known as the school she went to itself; her ability to go to class late everyday and still wear a smile. Fortunately, she didn't lose that trait of hers. Which led to her current situation now. She was at the very back of the crowd of heroes-to-be with nothing but 5 feet at her disposal for the past 30 minutes. She'd long convinced herself that her height was adorable and cute, but these were one of those times that she begged to differ. It was hard enough to be at the back of a crowd of average-sized people, but to be placed behind a crowd of uniquely blessed people of all shapes and sizes was, as one would guess, even harder. Salira sighed, wondering whether she should slip through or just simply stay behind. If she did stay behind, she might miss some important announcement. On the other hand, she'd have the benefit of fresh clean air that she wouldn't have the privilege of otherwise.

Finally deciding to get off her lazy ass and go, Salira attempted to slip through the crowd of excited aspirants.

'How's the test?', she heard the voice in her head. It was so sinisterly innocent.

'What do you care?'

'Of course I'd care. After all, if you fail this, I'd have to think of other ways to slip past the Hero Academy to access their tech. It'd be so much more troublesome.'

Salira was about to think of another comeback when she felt her foot lose it's footing. So lost in thought, she barely managed to pick herself up as she bumped against a wall. Or at least what she thought was a wall. Thankfully not falling on her bottom, Salira took a deep breath and composed herself as she stared against a shirt of the "wall" she had bumped into. She slowly looked up to see the face of a boy who could've been one of the walls for as white as he was. She noticed his height and grimaced at the fact that he was, quite literally, a ruler taller than her at the very least. "Uh–Sorry?"
code by Ri.a

Last edited:

• [class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
    code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
    tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
    [class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]
    19c1e105b2716154e5aaae431c1b0e1e.jpg
    [div class=ColorBlock]// Leonardo Vann //

Okay. The exam starts in two minutes. Calm yourself, you idiot. Think of something. Leo needed to ground himself to something if he wanted to stay calm. A thought that would comfort him was what he needed. Think of the cats at home. They would be proud if you managed this. He needed to steel his nerves and think of a competent plan. Don't be a coward was a good plan. Confidence was what he primarily needed and he absolutely lacked in that category.

His quirk is incredibly versatile and the only limitations were his creativity and blood volume. Think, damn it. You're taller than almost everyone here. If he wanted to get ahead of everyone else using his quirk, what should he do? Wings? That couldn't possibly work. If not that then... how about a hang glider? That could work. Granted, he doesn't know how to glide but it seems like a rather straightforward process.

For him to get high up in the air in the first place however, that was a problem. A problem he can easily fix because he could always just latch onto the ground ahead of him with blood hands and catapult himself. Using that forward momentum, he could probably get far fast with the hang glider. They've probably thought of students flying across their test though. There might be some precaution for that. Other ideas included trying to run like a cheetah with some blood appendages. He's got a myriad of options.

He needed to calm himself down first though. Being calm was an important factor, otherwise he'd be unstable and potentially fuck it all up. Deep breaths, Leo. Deep breaths.

[div class=ColorBlock]
    Interacting: N/A.
    Mood: visibly anxious
    [/div][/div] [/div]

Among of the students waiting for the entrance exams to begin was a short girl with headphones on. She was bopping her head up and down she was completely into the bass heavy beat that blared in her headphones. She even began to tap her foot bringing her hand near her mouth as if she was holding a mic. Mouthing along to the rapper in her headphones, while most might be embarrassed if they got the looks of confusion this girl was getting but not her. There were two reasons as to why this wasn't the case. Number one was this was Alexis Solen the girl who dreamed of being not only a pro hero, but a world famous rapper. Number two was the more obvious reason, it was because Alexis couldn't see the looks she was getting after all she was blind. As crazy as it sounded despite being blind most of her life Alexis decided to pick the most dangerous career for someone who can't see. Being unable to see wasn't going to slow down Alexis though since she luckily could get around this blindness thanks to her Quirk. Every so often a high pitch sound undetectable to normal human ears would be produced from Alexis. Bounce off objects and return to her showing her the area around her not in fine detail just outlines.

A sudden bar came to Alexis mind and she took out a small notebook from her back pocket and a small golf pencil. So today's the day the great hero makes her entrance, moves will be so fly I'll leave judges in a-trance, politely put the competition to shame like "May I have this dance". Liking the bar she wrote down Alexis put her notebook away and went back to waiting for the entrance exam to begin.

The time passes like sand in an hourglass, it seems way longer than it's supposed to...

"Why wouldn't I be?" Kallik counted down the seconds and, at the 10 second mark, pressed a button that opened the gates. In the large waiting room could be heard a clicking and whooshing noise as the grand doors started to open to what, on first sight, seemed to be a vast open field with a variety of obstacles and challenges. In reality, the space was a huge hall. "The floodgates are open! It's time for the first test! The test is split into 4 parts: an infrared light gate measures your speed on a straight, the walls test your creativity with multiple ways past, the bridge tests your reflexes and then the final part will be a fight against a robot made to simulate a villain. For that, you may form teams. Are you ready? Go!" The sound from the small hero echoed throughout the room and out the door as the first chance of escape presents itself.
Cup was bored listening to his sister drone on, he already knew the details from her rambling at home. Instead, Cup made his way to the door. As he saw an opening big enough for himself, he blasted out into the hall, both literally and figuratively. "5th out. Not bad."
Jason was bursting with energy. He weaved to the front of the room, still listening to the brief but readying himself to sprint when it finished. "Let's go, let's go!"
Bailey rolled her eyes at her brother. "Dear God..." she sighed "At least it's time to go." At the go signal, Bailey ducked through the crowd as it got up running.
The test has begun.

Jean jumps at the final announcement and there is only a flash before a after image of where she once stood slowly fades becoming a golden colored blur as she seems to glide across around the backup riding up the walls and almost spinning in a spiral around the hallways walls and cielings as she shoots forward ahead of the pack. A Wide grin plastered across her features as the spinning rocket of a girl seems to be only speeding up as she is within her element she has practically cleared the hall by the time others are still getting through the door as it now becomes clear the restlessness was due to this, the need for movement and motion, the rush of wind in her hair as the blonde just keeps racing forward. To the more observent there appears to be multiple small ballbearings within in the soles of her feat sparking with a similar color as she makes a final leap out to the next section. "Wooohooo! now this is what im talking about!" laughing along and having the time of her life.

Jane however appears to show little recard for the pushing and shoving of the other contestants, the corpse coming to life as she leaps gracefully into the air, using a few unfortunate heads as stepping stones before sliding through the entrance and dashing at a high sprint, while not on the level of the previous golden blurr it was definately abnormal as there was no obvious quirk being used and seemed to be simply raw ability, though likely the type that would not last long as mantaining such stress on the body was almost fooldhardy or so it seemed. Her head turns slightly as she passes "Trash, Your choking your progress on your own greed and short sightedness......your nothing but stepping stones like that" her voice monotone and cold, seemingly chastising the push and shoving though the lack of emotion makes it difficult to tell. Turning her attention back to the front she refocuses on her goal. This simply enforced her earlier belief, false heroes cholking society as they do that doorway, only caring about the glory....they would not be worth her time.

Brady and Rip however seem to be advanceing to the side of the door hand in hand as they dash, Ripley worldessly placing there hands to the wall as Brady pulls her in tight almost forming to her own body as the two of them work together to advance "Rip make some room!". As Ripley touches the wall however it seems to actually stretch and distort, Bradys arm pulling it to the side as if made of elastic as the two slip past before snapping back into place solid causing several to get hit as they attempt to use the same opening, The Twins darting ahead at this point with Brady carring her sister on her back almost weightlessly, Ripley however seems to throw something at the ground infront of the two, Brady seemingly understanding without a word and leaping onto it before rocketing off with a blast as if she has just stepped on a trampoline the same process repeating itself as the floor becomes elasticated in some manner just like the doorway allowing them to bounce along at significant speed.

All the while Melissa stands at the back slightly confused at the blockage looking between it and Eve with the same wide grin "Huh? Now what happened to that old Polite and queing reputation?....there all pushin and shoving like a Coyotes just jumped in the chicken coup!" rolling her shoulders slightly she seems to be taking a stance ready for something "Guess test is just to get through though? Might as get the rude and impatient ones out the way.....HEY! HERES A WARNING! YOU MIGHT WANNA TAKE TURNS OR GET OUT THE WAY YOUR CHOICE!" chuckling slightly to herself as a buzzing sound can be heard, despite the wide grin whatever shes about to do is likely going to be less fun for those stuck in the doorway.

(Despite the opinions of the girls, it seems, pushing only seems to be happening at the front of the pack. I should've made it more clear but the doors are wide enough that friction should be prevented. From this point on, some of my posts will alternate characters to speed up the flow.)

Cup quickly establishes himself as a frontrunner in the test, using the walls as explosion platforms. "Stepping stones, huh? Well I'm not going to win at the expense of others. Maybe you aren't either." Cup eventually gets to the first speed gate, getting a good rhythm and sending unexploded clouds of oxygen across the track as a refresher. Right behind Jean at this point, Cup settled into a rhythm.
In a similar situation, Bailey passed a good portion of the heroes and as she ran, the area around her got dark and cold as she converted light and heat energy into kinetic energy, speeding up exponentially before reaching a steady speed in around 8th place.

Jean notices the person behind her before smiling and laughing, shooting forward beyond each of the speed gates, she seems to have spun around at one point and is somehow skating backwards as the distance continues to grows. Childish glee very apparent as if this entire thing is a game. Was she even going all out at this point as however she was managing to keep this ever increasing speed as a mystery though likely related to her quirk. With a spark of gold she becomes nothing more than a ant hainv passed through the last gate in the sudden burst and ready to dance between the next test while others are still entering the first.

Jane on the other hand keeps up her pace. gloved hand twitching slightly as if contemplating something before it goes still keeping up a solid 4th with no sign of slowing with only her physical conditioning pushing them forward. "They will either learn or they wont, they either realise the truth of the words or they dont, this proffession has no place for hand holding, if they cant stand by themselves there is no reason for them to stand by me, that is not a hero" despite her emotionless mask her eyes are almost ablaze as she speaks, azure flames burning within her iris's almost.

Meanwhile the Sister duo is holding steady just behind Bailey at 9th and 10th respectively, the jumps and throws in perfect sync as they reach just behind the Kinetic girl with another bounce. It seems each bounce is taking Brady further as if more force is being appllied, her form seeming slightly bulkier combared to when they began if not a bit taller "Oooh were going to catch you, going to catch you.....common dont make this too easy. Nip Nip Nip" the girl making chomping noises between the laughs, there didnt seem to be any malicious intent in the words and more of a friendly taunting.

Thea's excitement sky rocketed as the gates were opened, the second were ticking down and all the competitors were rearing to go.
As the gates slowly opened, they revealed the testing arena, which to Thea looked like a massive obstacle course. The announcer came on, and quickly gave each obstacle a run down before the horn sounded and the test began.

Thea let out an excited scream before shooting up and into the air, wings outstretched she raced for the gate and the obstacles beyond it.

Flying over the heads of her competitor, she raced through the gate, and didn't even seem to notice that she was sixth coming out in total. She could just make out the figures of the students ahead of her, though they were all going so fast she didn't memorize a lot of the details.
Her excited laughter filled the air as she raced on ahead, flying at a steady pace to keep herself ahead of those behind her.

"Weee! This is so much fun!", she cried out with a smile as she passed through the gates and moved forward.

Mentions: SassyEbony SassyEbony

William yawned and tapped his foot as he waited for the test to begin. He tried to give off a confident aura, not wanting any of the other participants to see his nervousness. William felt something hit him from behind. William stiffened in surprise, before processing that it was probably some idiot not watching where they were going. "Hey! Could you watch where you're going?" William spun around to face the assailant.

William was ready to start yelling, almost as a day one alpha move. Of course, he wouldn't get violent, there was no need, but William could rant if he tried his best. As he turned William didn't see the guy who bumped into him. Did he run?

"Uh–Sorry?" said some girl's voice. William looked down at the girl who supposedly had bumped into him. William gave a slight sigh. He wouldn't be able to yell at this girl if he tried, she looked way too timid at the moment, like an orphan puppy about to be kicked.

William gave a roll of his eyes to put all his annoyance in a slight gesture. "Might be best you're aware of what's going around you and not daydreaming. You are about to test for a hero school after all."

William overheard the announcement of the test, and listened attentively. A speed trial first, should be no problem, assuming the rest of the contenders aren't all speed demons.

William gave a slight wave to the girl who had bumped into him as he broke off passing several other participants. William ran in a slightly odd way, adding more of a kick to his feet. This would seem impractical, but William was creating little mini wind cutters from his shoes as he dashed. He began to pickup pretty good speed, getting past most of the pack but behind those with the obvious quirks suited for this kind of trial. He was somewhere in the top 20 which was good enough for now. William began making slight cuts in the ground as he dashed through the speed gates.

• [class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
    code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. you'll have to use the
    tags// // Square sized images also will look best but if you have a non square image it'll still work Don't worry// [/class]
    [class=Notes] //The code above makes sure everything is the same font and is the mx width the code takes up on a post// [/class] [class=ColorBlock] background-color:#A3BABB; color:white; padding:10px; font-family:Comfortaa; font-size:5; // This is the box of color around everything change this and you change all the colors The Font simply won't work using the class and uses the regular Font tag in the code if you have a single word font you would like to use instead remove the bbc tags in code and simple change it here// [/class]

[div class=ColorBlock]
    19c1e105b2716154e5aaae431c1b0e1e.jpg
    [div class=ColorBlock]// Leonardo Vann //

His heart was pounding in his ears as the announcement came in. At his current state, he's a nervous wreck. Happy thoughts. He needed to be absolutely prepared. Though it didn't seem like he'd have the time to even do so because oh god there'sonlysecondsleft. The doors were opening and he felt like nothing but a wreck. Well, at least he's wearing contacts and not glasses otherwise he'd lose them and lose his capacity to see.

Soon, people were already rushing in. He stood around before realizing that he needed to move. Blood seeped through the crystals on his back, forming into two pairs of fairly long muscle-like appendages with hands and clawed fingers. And with a deep breath, Leo rushed into the scene somewhere around the 25th position and slowly catching speed. His clawed appendages marking the ground as he quickly moved.

"This is as good as any time to do the thing," he muttered to himself. Yes, the thing. Leo felt intimidated by everything going on, but he can't let himself go to waste. He had to try. He was past the speed gates and onto the next stage. Letting three of the appendages creep back into his crystals, he took another deep breath and closed his eyes before using the one he let remain claw into one of the walls ahead of him and having it catapult him away into the air at a significant speed.

This was terrifying, to say the least. Upon opening his eyes, which he deeply regretted doing, he found himself where he expected to be. Flying through the air. Quickly, his blood shot out of the crystals and formed into a glider. He's never glided before, but it should be simple. His heart was fucking racing. He could feel the resistance.

Taking deep breaths, he let himself settle as he essentially just flew above. Looking down- bad idea, Leo -, he could see that he'd placed somewhere along the lines of 11th place. That was good, right? Nonetheless, he had to focus himself. Glide. This was actually fun, once he got passed the fact that he's scared for his life. It could be the lightheadededness he got from using up his blood. He couldn't tell. Right now though, he had to pay attention to focusing himself.

[div class=ColorBlock]
    Interacting: N/A.
    Mood: a mixture of absolute fright and adrenaline
    Located: Exam Area.
    [/div][/div] [/div]

Salira Morgen

Location: Test | Interacting with: no one in particular | Mentions:

Salira felt a little annoyed at the fact that he took a second only to look down at her. She was small all right, but she wasn't that small, or at least she hoped not. She didn't have time to formulate a reply as she focused her senses on the announcement overhead. While she listened, Salira fleshed out her senses. She felt for those who'd inhaled and had her chemicals in their blood stream. As she was doing so, she grimaced at the fact that the final test only had a robot. She was confident in her hand-to-hand combat but she wouldn't be able to showcase her quirk there. Robots didn't have any pain receptors. How the hell was she going to use her quirk.

Once the gates opened, Salira boosted. In the corner of her eye, she saw the guy she had bumped earlier wave at her and she could feel a slight twinge of annoyance. How cocky.

In an instant, Salira worked her magic. The sensation was hard to explain, but it could be compared to flexing your fingers. She noticed a lot of competitors behind her slow down and groan in pain as she bolted through the gate. 15th was not too bad, per we, but she was far from the top. Salira gained a steady pace as she ran. She didn't know how she was supposed to use the walls. It's not like they inhaled her chemicals or whatever.

'Gosh, why couldn't they have included something involving actual humans like pvp fights or something?'

Sighing, she looked over her shoulder to see some students catching up. Shaking her head, she used her quirk to slow them down, adding pain to their legs.

code by Ri.a

Eve had been typing when the announcement was made thus it only fully registered after everyone had more or less started. Well comparison between the others and coyotes also distracted her a little. It just made Eve wonder if mellisa was a farm girl or if Texas really was a place where everyone seemed to speak as though they grew up on one. Eve had no idea she had never really been out of the city and was content to stick around.

Eve would run after the others having no quirk that allowed her great speed or some enhanced endurance she was just average. There were those hampered by their quirk or simply poor physical training that where behind her, but Eve was not obe that spent her life training and thus could only be average.

The test layout was not something she felt her quirk could be used in. While she had power it was just a force it was not something with great utility. Thus unlike many Eve would likely have to do this as if she were quirkless. This was not exactly something she had not thought about, but she had half hopped to find some good use for it. Well maybe in the last part she could use it, that was assuming she made it there. For now Eve had to just keep running and make sure she didn't make a sound.

(Well, I don't think the walls have been reached yet. I might as well clarify.)
Kallik turned to her colleague, slightly confused by his question. "Well I obviously want my brother to place well, he's been training a lot and it shows. I'm intrigued as to how the girl in 1st is going to do, also."
As the competitors reached the walls, they reached a holding area.
Kallik leaned over the mic.
"Because you're being measured in each section, we want to instill a degree of fairness."
After the first five pass, it opens. This continues 10 times.

Jean reaches the end of the hall and literally runs up the door of the holding are, not letting her momentum falter as she starts making laps "Aww common common, it was getting fun, open open open!" Restless to a fault it seemed. As the wall room finally opened though Jean did not stop for a moment, shooting through the slight gap before it even finished, her body spinning and twisting as they leaped forward. Endlessly moving forward through anything in her way turning the challenges into her own personal dance floor. There does not seem to be any actual planning in her movements, but no hesitation either, reacting to everything that pops out like a mix between a ballerina and gymnast. *Keep sprinting full speed to that ever distant Utopia* the thought crosses her mind as she vaults a sudden barrier flipping over it.

Jane is keeping up her steadily building pace, though strangely enough the once pale skin is returning to a more normal, though she is not even breathing hard...Or is she breathing at all? A normal persons limbs would be burning and muscles torn at this point yet here she was. Her focus and the path ahead, she seemed to be giving little mind to those in front. She arrived in the holding area and scanned the others present, her eyes seemingly tracking the golden blurr making loops and standing before the door motionless once more as she waits in silence.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back