• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 『 お か え り! 』『 welcome home! 』 (CLOSED)

Where should the OOC be?

• Thread

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Discord

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

RANGYOKU

海の響をなつかしむ

!​

Greetings.

I am searching for 4 to 6 people to take part in a small group roleplay with a family-driven narrative inspired by animes such as Kamisama Hajimemashita and Gugure! Kokkuri-san, namely by borrowing elements from shintoism and Japanese folklore. Each of us will play one member of this family, which consists on at least six members, five yōkai ("ghost, phantom, strange apparition") and one human. The other four can play as other members of the family that join early or later in the roleplay or other yōkai or humans that interact with it on a regular basis, be it by visiting the shrine, being from the same school as the human character or just someone from the fictional town this takes place in.

The story, set in modern times, is as follows, a human, descendant of shinshokus ("god's employees") becomes the sole heir to the family's shrine after the abrupt death of either parents or the death of one and abandonement of the other when they were young. Thus, they end up "adopted" by the shrine's shinshi ("divine servant") and over the years come to assemble a family of their own with other yōkai in the shrine, up until they can start their training to become a full-fledged shinshoku like their ancestors before them. In the mean time, they will try to keep their mismatched family members out of trouble and use their ability to perceive the supernatural to help those who seek the aid of the gods and vice-versa.

If you wish to add in any ideas or elements to the story, please do not hesitate to let me know, I'd be more than happy to hear you out and possibly make this even more enjoyable.

Now, I do have a couple of requirements for those who are interested in joining. Hopefull they won't be too unreasonable to abide by and prevent you from expressing it. RPNation rules also apply, of course.
▸ Your reply frequency must be at least three times per week. I'll reply at least one time per day but I won't expect everyone to follow the same example if they are not able to.
▸ You must write one to two paragraphs per reply minimum. Make sure to give it detail and have decent grammar and spelling.
▸ You may reserve a spot in the roleplay but make sure to not take more than a week to write your character sheet once they are up. Otherwise, I'll have to give it to someone else. If you know you'll need more time to write it, I can allow you to take longer but you best give me a good reason to do so.
▸ We'll be using anime faceclaims looks-wise, but please refrain from using those from the animes I mentioned above, please.
▸ I highly encourage you to use the OOC to discuss relationships and plan out backstories together. I understand that some people may not be as fond of this as I am but in this case, I believe it would work better rather than just improvise as we go along.
▸ Refrain from inciting conflict between the other roleplayers, if you have a problem with someone, PM about it
▸ This roleplay can contain LGBT characters or themes and everyone will respect them

Onto the character spots, I'll provide a short description to give you an idea of what kind o characters I'm looking for in this roleplay but by all means do not think of them as limiting your creativity, as we can always work out arrangements to fit to your taste, as long as you keep it reasonable.
The Heir of the Shrine
Human
Age can range between thirteen and nineteen years old, a middle school student to a college student
You can decide their gender
Taken by RI.a RI.a

Shishin
Assigned yōkai to the heir's shrine, they know them the longest out of everyone in the family
Parental and guardian figure
Appears adult in appearance
Must be an animal-themed yōkai , you must inform me of what species in particular for me to elaborate on the shrine and its characteristics
Taken by BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Familiars
Appearance-wise, they can be adult or childlike
In regards to the role in the family, they can range from another parental figure, a sibling figure, etc.
Yōkai of any species but please try to not repeat one of each
All spots are taken
You may also have the choice to be a yōkai not part of the family or other human characters out of these spots instead
design by Fable Fable

Last edited:
RAZZZZZIE
Me pick me

Planing for a Shishin (Leaning on a Tengu)

Divine. I'll get started on the threads seeing as we have enough people to start planning the roleplay. Thank you for showing interest, everyone.

Interested! Either the human or one of the familiars! ^^
Which of the roles do you do prefer most?

Interested in a Familiar - A tanuki :3
A Familiar spot is now yours.

Can I have a dog/wolf familiar?
Yes, you may. A Familiar spot is now yours.

Interested !!
Which role would you like to play as?

Interested

RAZZZZZIE
Me pick me

Planing for a Shishin (Leaning on a Tengu)
The Shishin spot is now yours.

Divine. I'll get started on the threads seeing as we have enough people to start planning the roleplay. Thank you for showing interest, everyone.

Which of the roles do you do prefer most?

A Familiar spot is now yours.

Yes, you may. A Familiar spot is now yours.

The Shishin spot is now yours.
Oh oops...looks like you noticed it moments before I deleted the post. I'm sorry to say I changed my mind and wouldn't be interested after all, my apologies

I would love to play a human and a familiar but I'm open to whatever you need or have room for!
You can only play one character so I have to ask you to choose between a familiar or a human for your spot.

Oh oops...looks like you noticed it moments before I deleted the post. I'm sorry to say I changed my mind and wouldn't be interested after all, my apologies
Oh, alright then.

oh I'm sorry, I thought your post said and a human. I can play a familiar < 3
No, I apologize if it is confusing, what I meant to say was that the spots reserved for the Familiars can either be from people related to the shrine or not. Those who are not related to the shrine are further divided between other yōkai or a human residing in the town this takes place in. I just didn't have any particular description for the latter roles.

No, I apologize if it is confusing, what I meant to say was that the spots reserved for the Familiars can either be from people related to the shrine or not. Those who are not related to the shrine are further divided between other yōkai or a human residing in the town this takes place in. I just didn't have any particular description for the latter roles.

Okay, I can play a familiar not related to the family

Question! Will the heir already know of yokais and her family business/history?

Question! Will the heir already know of yokais and her family business/history?
A good question, indeed. Yes, they were born with the ability to perceive the supernatural and thus the creatures that are part of it, such as the yōkai. Even if a yōkai is in their human form (which in this roleplay all have the possibility of being able to shapeshift), the heir can sense their"true nature" so to speak. Not to mention they should know the shrine's shinshi from a young age, making it difficult for them to hide it from the heir.

A good question, indeed. Yes, they were born with the ability to perceive the supernatural and thus the creatures that are part of it, such as the yōkai. Even if a yōkai is in their human form (which in this roleplay all have the possibility of being able to shapeshift), the heir can sense their"true nature" so to speak. Not to mention they should know the shrine's shinshi from a young age, making it difficult for them to hide it from the heir.
Great! Thanks for clearing that up (: Should I discuss the heir's parents situation with the Shinshi, or do I get to decide?

Great! Thanks for clearing that up (: Should I discuss the heir's parents situation with the Shinshi, or do I get to decide?
No problem. If you wish to discuss with them, please go right ahead. I apologize for the hold-up, I'm working on the threads as we speak so I can allow everyone to discuss relationships and whatnot ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back