• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy .◦✧ another cliche fantasy story ✧◦.

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ferra Cantillo
Dusk was settling over the city, tinging the castle and surrounding walls shades of coral and lavender. The sun had just dipped over the horizon, the last of its light spilling through the windows into the Nestled Nook Inn. It was a small but lively establishment, and one could hear from the tavern below the clanking of dishes and animated chatter from the after-work crowd. On the floor above however, the air was notably calmer, the boards creaking slightly whenever one walked down the halls. The sounds and smells drift upwards to the second level of the building, and in response the woman’s stomach groans. The room she’s taken residence in is sparse but clean, a packed rucksack sitting in the corner. All the preparations have been made- armour repaired, weapon sharpened, supplies stocked for the lengthy journey. They would be setting sail on the morrow, and the knowledge left a ball of nerves tightly coiled in her gut.

Arranging long locks of blonde hair into an artful updo, Ferra glances once more in the mirror. She was draped in velvet, dark green with gold embroidery along the neckline- it wasn’t particularly opulent, but would suit the occasion well enough. Balls were always a treat to attend, and most of the time she enjoyed the dancing and music which accompanied such events. Maintaining a cheerful mood was proving more difficult this evening though, the reason for the celebration and what it would entail weighing heavy on her. It would be her first time returning to the castle since she left the guard… and her first official meeting with the child Captain. The mere thought brought a scowl to her face and she audibly sighed in doing so. As she understood it, the Queen had put her little pet in charge of their endeavour, but from what limited intel she'd uncovered they had some veteran soldiers joining the group- hopefully they’d be able to provide some much needed leadership and wisdom.

Maybe if they were fortunate, young Lucien’s constitution would be prone to seasickness. If the Goddess heeded her prayers, they’d be sending the boy back to Paradisia in a dinghy within the fortnight.

Ferra arrived at the banquet hall with little fanfare, glancing over to see the Queen’s entourage hovering in one of the nearby corridors before making a tactical retreat to the buffet. In time she’d formally greet her Highness, but the blonde preferred to do so without a larger audience than necessary. Brown eyes scoured the space for a familiar figure, but her old comrade’s frame evaded her sight, and so decides to take the chance to get some sustenance. Swiping a cup of mead and a plate of hearty food, the warrior settles in at an empty table, observing the ongoings of the nearby guests with equal parts disdain and amusement. At the adjacent table a sullen man and spritely girl chittered away over their plates, the curious interplay between the duo bringing a smirk to her lips. At some point a strange, cat-like creature came through and nearly wiped the dessert table clean before engaging the couple in conversation- a bizarre little being for certain.

Further away a pair of guards stood at attention over a woman swinging back a bottle of wine, her appearance and demeanour immediately arousing suspicion in the ex-solder. This one looked to be a common miscreant, not to mention an alcoholic the way she chugged back the golden liquid. Of course Ferra knew of a few less… savoury characters who were joining this mission. But if the Royals were accepting any and every hoodlum who walked off the street volunteering to 'help', they may prove to be a cumbersome lot. Assessing the dark haired fiend a few moments longer, the woman comes to a swift conclusion.
The moment I catch her stirring up trouble, I’ll have her bound and left in the first garrison we come across.

Turning her attention elsewhere, Ferra’s brows lift upon catching sight of the lavishly dressed bard as she tried to woo two nearby ladies. Which was all well and good, save that one of them was very clearly drunk while the other looked to be paralyzed with apprehension. All proper etiquette dictated that the blonde should intervene at the first sign of indecency, but as it stood now no boundaries had been crossed… yet. Fixing her eyes on them, Ferra carefully watched the trio interact, chatting a short while before the musician pulled out her lute and began to play a piece. The sweet voice and strumming chords revealed a skill and depth which was unexpected, but did little to ease her discontent. As the final notes resonated and the crowd resumed their yammering, the woman proceeded to grab her meal and draw near to the ladies. Gesturing to one of the empty seats at the table, she sets down her goods and searches her pockets. Plucking out a handful of coppers, the coins are placed near the bards spot, accompanied by a tentative smile.

“It’s a pretty tune- a fine song to accompany these festivities. Thank you, Missus.” Ferra praises Filomena, bowing her head in respect before her attention turns to the rest of the group. “I hope I’m not intruding, young Misses- friendly faces are scarcely seen during ceremonies such as these, and one always seeks good company. I take it you’re here to take part in the quest for the heart? Forgive me, but neither you nor your companions here look much like the noble folk milling around.” the woman continues on, hopeful that the comment isn’t perceived as being disrespectful. Up close, the hooded girl seems not as young as first expected, but her aura is one of an innocent maiden. On the other end of the spectrum were the singer and their inebriated acquaintance. Lip curling in disdain, she looks over to Mazi as she uses her companion as a pillow whilst wheezing softly. To imbibe was a formal ritual, somewhat a necessity in certain social situations, but to allow oneself to lose their sense of self was in her mind… rather distasteful, to say the least.

“Has this one had anything to drink or sup on, besides spirits?" the blonde asks dryly, contempt clear in her tone.

Mentions Hanarei Hanarei
Zero Two Zero Two
redroseknight redroseknight

Last edited:

Sage Xerion & Princess Ishani

In the light of the early morning sun, the doors of the Princess's royal quarters slowly opened to reveal a well kept and clean bedroom. Hundreds of books masked the walls of the ivory birch wooden walls. A giant chandelier hung from the ceiling, and fancy tapestries of random art were set on the basis of every wall. From behind the creaked open door, an elderly looking maid poked her head into the bedroom.
"Your....highness?" Though when she opened the door a bit more to get a better look, the face of an annoyed princess was met with hers. "Oh!" She yelped in fright, before she could give her apologies, the Princess shoved the maid out her room.
"OUT, OUT, OUT DANA! I have to grab my things, father's finally letting me out of this vile stone prison!! I'm going to bring back the most loveliest of souvenirs! Oh I wish you were coming with me Dana, mhm. But I'll be happy to do something on my own for once." The princess was rambling at this point, and as the clank and clatter of a few cases began to be heard as she went on and on of watch she planned to do on her trip. In turn, Dana had already requested a few more servants to come help.
As soon as the Princess opened the door, she was dressed in a fine white fabric dress with golden outlines. Her jewelry shining on her neck, arms, and hair almost as if she were the sun herself. The Princess didn't even have to say a word before the servants ran over to her large pile of baggage as she made her way to the private solar room. Her and her father had agreed to meet there by early sunrise.
Beside her, Dana looked up to the princess with a stammered expression, "Princess Ishani. I regret to inform you, but this will not be a journey you will be traveling on your own."
The princess looked toward Danna with a disgusted glare, "What!? What do you mean?! Who would dare come at someone as royal and powerful as I? Everyone surely knows just by my wear that I am the daughter of such a notorious King. I can go on this trip on my own." Ishani raised her chin as she continued down the hallway, it seemed she was as ignorant as they say. Dana rubbed the side of her head, she didn't want to object, no matter how wrong the princess was.
"Who will be joining me on this journey?" Ishani demanded.
"I...I..I do not know your highness. I believe you will be meeting her along with your father."
A low sigh came out of her, she hadn't even left the castle, and her royal highness was already miserable.

---------------​

"Woah, woah, woah there you're majesty. I'm not babysitting, I'm bodyguarding. Which I wouldn't even call it that. I'm making sure no one puts hands on your little girl, whatever she does, is on her." The hooded rogue replied as she leaned her shoulder in the dark far corner of the room. Despite the sun that poured in, her body was barely seen.
"I'm paying you to protect my daughter, her decisions are included in that." The King's solid voice echoed through the room, even the guards stiffened at it. But the rogue only scoffed. "She will make dumb decisions, she is inexperienced, unskilled, and stubborn as a mule. I need you to steer her in the right direction, or I owe you nothing!"
"On the contrary, Your HiGhNeSs, you're not paying me at all, Artrivious is. As long as your little girl returns alive, I get my gold. Now you can either take what you have, or take nothing." The hooded female had no intention of even doing this, she just didn't want to pass up a good buttload of gold if she didn't have to. But between the King, and the rumors she's heard of this disastrous Princess, she was about ready to go on her way.
King Phobian crossed his arms defiantly, finally taking in the fact that he had no one else to take his daughter, and he couldn't break another promise. Not to her. Beneath his grumbles, the door to the room creaked open, and he turned to see his daughter making her way inside.
"Father" The princess said with a smile. "Good Morning," she said formally as she embraced him; the king did the same. In the corner of the room, the small whine of a spinning dagger broke the silence, and the princess looked toward the near bored-to-death rogue in curiosity.
Everything was still for a moment, the princess looked toward the one that was supposedly tasked to protect her as she finally made her way into the light. Her stride was awkward, something she hadn't seen before. Ishani knew she was being guarded by probably a samurai or someone alike, but it seemed, standing on her toes was natural to the female. Her dark red eyes nearly bounced off the sunlight, and something uncanny poked out the side of her head, though her hood hid it well enough to not draw too much attention, whatever it was. This girl was obviously a monstrosity, but Ishani's ticket out of here nonetheless. Her black cloak and mask covered every inch of her, if the sun wasn't in the position it was, she would have thought the female was a ghost.
The cloaked girl stopped at about 5 feet from the two, and gave a small bow, showing at least some kind of respect. "Your highness." The words spat out of her mouth in a bitter tone Ishani couldn't recognize. "A pleasure to meet your acquaintance Princess, according to your father, I'll be watching your back on your little.... trip."
Ishani said nothing as she looked to her father in disbelief, but he looked between them and finally nodded his head with a sigh.
"My daughter, if you desire to go to Paradisia, you will take the rogue with you."
-----------​
Saying her last goodbyes to the kingdom she had spent all her life in, it felt good to leave it all behind. Though it pained her still, all her favorite stores, her favorite shoes, and not to mention, her servants. What was she to do? Carry everything? That sounded like an absolute nightmare. However, the promise of adventure and excitement outweighed what she was leaving behind, after all, it was only for a few good weeks, nothing too long. At least she hoped. The Princess waved her final goodbyes and as she hopped up on her horse, the King came beside her and whispered something in her ear. A phrase she had not heard in so very long.
"Be safe my little Twilight, let the Gods guide your way." He then turned to the other female. And You!" He pointed toward the rogue who sat upon the horse beside Ishani. This girl was something else, she didn't even flinch, didn't even look his way.
"Your highness?" She asked disinterestedly as she seemed to be recounting her weapons, still refraining from moving her attention toward him.
"Your head may be on many walls of kingdoms, but hear me when I say, if my daughter does not return in the condition she is now.....Your head will be on my fireplace."
The rogue only gave a bit of an offended expression, seeming more confused than threatened, but she guessed she kind of deserved it. With a respectful demeanor, she turned her gaze and replied to the king, "You have my word King Phobian. No one will lay a finger on your girl without her say so as long as I am around, which I greatly intend to be. She will be fine."
The King gave a curt nod, and with the order of the mysterious and quite ominous hooded female, her horse rushed forward out the gates, and Ishani followed. Then came the few guards who raised flags of Alalierrha's colors announcing the start of Princess Ishani's journey, to the world.

----------​

The trek to the kingdom of Paradisia wasn't too long, nor was it too troublesome. Only but a single stop to rest the horses, and the Princess and her followers arrived at the kingdom in a little more than two days. The rogue had little to say on the trip, she seemed like the silent type, yet hiding something deadly beneath a cold layer of ice. She wasn't very nice, but not very mean either.
During the night they took rest, the princess had awaited her tent to be pitched up for her, the rogue had only looked at her like she was some kind of buffoon. Her father would have slapped anyone who had hesitated in such a manner, the only thing that stopped her from confronting the girl was the fact that the few guards took the task to do so.
The walls of Paradisia were tall, not only that, but thick, layered by even more stone as they passed through the gates. It was no wonder the kingdom had lasted as long as it did, the place was fortified.
"Once we get comfortable in this place..." The rogue was apparently talking to her. "Don't be...." The female pulled over her horse and stopped the Princess's just before the castle. She was still a bit confused on what the female had even meant by that. Though she didn't exactly care to ask. She smiled at the passing people as the flag's marked their presence of power. A power that only she held.
As they stalked down the spacious hallways that seemed to go down for miles, they walked in silence. More time spent with Ishani looking one way, and the rogue darting her head in every which direction. Jumpy much, she could only assume. Finally, the sound of other people filled her ears, and the large doors to the Queen's banquet hall laid in front of them. Upon visual, the two guards beside the large entrance started opening the doors. Then, it hit her...
"I just realized...." The hooded female inclined her chin as if to listen. "I never got your name...."
The rogue folded her wrists behind her back and gestured with a single hand for the Princess to go in first, "Call me Sage..." She told Ishani. Following her quiet words, the guards marched in after the rogue, the flags of Ishani's mighty kingdom waving mightily as the first guard bellowed.
"PrESENTING PRINCESS ISHANI OF ALALIERRAHA!! Daughter of King GYNTHR and Queen SHURI!!"
Ishani gave a small smile, not a bad name, she wouldn't think of giving anyone such a name, but it was alright. "It suits you..." The princess said as she strode into the wide-open room of people, Sage walking closely by her side.

------------​

"It suits you." The heck was that supposed to mean? Maybe she just took it more seriously than it needed to be. Her eyes surveyed over the room, and the look of boredom never left her face. Through her eyes did raise just a millimeter, when she spied a familiar...distasteful face among the crowd. She was told she would be working with him, she didn't know why she was surprised.
"Glimmer...." The hooded rogue muttered with the click of her tongue.

Last edited:
  • a3ad9939992af1b041f39f78971a91a5.jpg
    LOCATION: THE PALACE || OUTFIT: x|| MOOD: THRILLED || INTERACTIONS: NPCS || MENTIONS: spookie spookie

Harmony was dressed in her normal black 'hunting gear' (consisting of just pants, a long sleeve tunic, some boots, and gloves, if you wanted to know) as she met with one of her.....associates. Sitting in the man's office space, twirling her fan in her right hand out of boredom. She hated to be kept waiting, especially when she had other matters to attend to. "Am I going to be kept waiting or am I getting paid for completion of what you hired me for?" She called out to the man on the other side of the room, whispering to some other man she could care less about. She just wanted her payment, she took out their target after all. "I do not have all day gentlemen." She added, voice much harsher this time, eyes narrowing toward them.

"Of course Madame Harmony, My sincerest apologies." The one man said, Darius was his name, walking over with a pouch of coins. Something in the man's demeanor bothered her as she took the coin. He seemed way to haste all the sudden and nervous. She grabbed the coins and counted them, frowning when she realized it wasn't what agreed upon. "This wasn't what we agreed upon Darius. It's barely even half." Harmony said with a tsk, shaking her head in an act of dismay. "I thought you would know better after the last time you tried this." She snapped, standing up quickly and pressing her fan to his throat. "Forgive-Forgive me Madame. Jax! THe other half if you would." Darius managed to squeak out in fear. Once both halves of payment were in hand, she released Darius very slowly. "Be lucky I'm letting you off the hook Darius. Next time you will be paying with your life." She stated rather bluntly, before putting her fans and coin away, collecting her parasol and leaving the manor.

Harmony made it back to the Inn she was staying at, having slipped in and avoiding notice of the other guest. She slipped out of her clothes and donned a simple dress and turned to the mirror. Closing her eyes she pictured the dress she wished to wear to the banquet and by the time she opened her eyes, a dark blue and golden gown was before her eyes and she smiled. It definitely fit the look of noble and mature in her eyes. Not the normal red color she would go for, but still pretty none the less. Quickly doing her hair and adding her hairpins and other jewelry she chose that fitted well with the dress. She grabbed her fans and had them blend in with the dress, fitting them to the clips so they wouldn't fall off, then grabbed her parasol as she walked out of the room and Inn.

Upon her arrival and entrance, her eyes scanned over others. Noting every guard, noble, and other guest in the banquet. A smirk left her lips as she noted some nobles whispering. Everyone, well maybe not everyone, nearly everyone knew her name for different reasons. The disgraced daughter of a noble. Madame Harmony, a well known performer. Those on the darker side of things just knew her as Harmony, a bounty hunter. Either way it seemed her reputation did not fail her. Harmony made her way toward the a less crowded area, it seemed the best place to overhear important gossip. Of course wherever gossip was, drama followed. It was then three young woman of the noble class approached her, asking if she was the disgraced daughter and what she was doing here? It caused her to smirk, turning her attention away from the scanning the room and toward the women, she looked at them up and down judging their appearance.

"Who else did you think I was? Though I would be careful what you keep throwing around..." Harmony stated, before swiftly closing her parasol and pointing the arrow end at the leaders throat. "because white isn't your color, i think you would look better in blood red." She stated as she shrugged. The hastily backed away and Harmony opened reopened the parasol, placing it on her shoulder with a twirl, returning with to scanning the room with a smirk. After all who needed a noble title when she could easily make just as much money as her lazily arse of a 'father and mother'? She thought to herself.

━glimmer━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
✧ mood – mildly annoyed ✧ mentioned – harmony, sage, ishani ✧ outfit – xxx ✧ tags – q r o w q r o w First Rose First Rose

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Glimmer leaned back lazily as yet another maid fussed over him, this one pouring a fancy drink with plenty of exotic fruits. He was seated at the head of the buffet table, in the chair that was supposed to have been reserved for the Queen. Luckily for him however, Vivienne was busy greeting guests and preventing yet another one of Lucien's meltdowns. What an intolerable little brat, and spoiled to boot. Even pretending to be his uncle hurt Glimmer's ego... the kid was lucky he was so useful.

With his long legs crossed elegantly, the regally dressed man offered a sympathetic nod to one of the many peasant girls gathered around him.

"That's terrible, to think your mother has a terminal illness and the recommended treatment is imported so you can't afford it. How heartbreaking... I've only just met you, but I already feel your pain. I wish it was possible for me to help."

Idly playing with the gleaming gold ornaments decorating his meticulous updo, Glimmer momentarily returned his attention the the maids as he requested their finest chocolates.

"Thank you, kind sir... I don't know what I'd do without her, she's all I have." The woman fussed with her rather plain dress, clearly feeling out of her depth surrounded by such grandiosity.

"I know how you feel... many moons ago, I too was forced to watch a beloved soul depart," he sighed dramatically. "It is a pain that never fully heals. I can't cure your mother, Sabelina bless her, but I could offer you a chance to earn money on your own terms and even have your own team selling under you, too..."

As soon as the woman's retreating form merged with the crowd once again, Glimmer smirked. Today had been a great day for his pyramid scheme... he'd even watched the aforementioned woman with the dying mother recruit a young castle maid in front of him. As long as she stayed away from Queen Vivienne, who would no doubt pay for the treatments out of pocket, he had it made.

Dismissing his admirers with a wave, Glimmer stood and smoothed the
silken fabric of his rather revealing costume before slipping into the mass of humanity himself. Any lustful glances sent his way were met with a coy wink, though he did not stop to talk.

No, he was on the prowl for financially desperate sucker— er, customers.

The blaring announcement of some foreign princess left his and everyone else's ears ringing, but the salesman didn't really care to interact with whoever she might've been. Princesses had no use for potions of questionable effectiveness, and so Glimmer had no use for them.

She was pretty, yes, but so were half the women gathered here. No, it was the hooded figure beside her that caught his attention, and not for a good reason. Sage. There would be a time and place to deal with her, but it wasn't now. Stepping in the opposite direction, Glimmer averted his currently green and gold eyes from her jumpy form and instead scanned the area for poorer and easier targets.

It was then that Glimmer noticed another face he really hadn't been wanting to see, this one belonging to the lavishly dressed bounty hunter Harmony. Damn it. He had been hoping to avoid her, but the woman was far too sharp to be easily shaken off. If he left in a hurry, it would look suspicious.

Choosing instead to appear busy, he waved to one of the vaguely familiar nobles and began making his way to her group of rather tackily dressed companions. If worst came to worst, he could always say he needed to meet with the Queen... after all, that was an expected duty of royal advisors.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Filomena smiled as she was complimented by both ladies, and she extended her hand to accept the coppers slid her way. "Thank you kindly for the praise and coin. Please, let us have no formalities among friends! I am Filomena, though I will permit you to call me Mena if that is what you would prefer. I have been accused, rightfully so, of being of noble blood though I find that my calling is not to the service of the upper class but rather to lifting the spirits of those who are less fortunate."

She turned her attention to the sober companion of hers, noting how she had escaped from her hood. Good! She deserved to accept her praise and be given due attention. Blonde locks swept over her shoulder as she gave a bow to the young maiden and flashed that charming grin that had both earned her adoration and broken the hearts of many a maiden. Her own heart had been shattered before with the rejection of her family for something like love. The pieces were not quite fitting together to make a whole, so the bard found what she needed through the praise of others regarding her gifts. She was a wonderful musician, a talented story teller..couldn't that be enough? And yet, it wasn't. There was still a nagging piece missing though she tried to ignore it, fill it with nights spent in the company of beautiful women.

"Thank you kindly, dear Cynthia, so sweet of sentiments given! The tale I told is indeed one of heartbreak, one that was told to me when I was a young woman. The sorrow in that young man's eyes as he conveyed to me his heartbreak over his love for the lady that he served." She smiled and shook her head. "But that is the splendid thing of love, is it not? It wounds so deeply because it requires a sweet vulnerability. It fills us with this beautiful euphoria, and we are left empty in its wake. Yet once the wound as sealed, we can at least think back fondly upon those that we cared so deeply for." Filomena could indeed look back fondly on the woman that she adored, the one person who cared for her above her title and what she could do for her. It pained her, of course, to think of Eiliana but hopefully she had found a better life. That's all that Filomena could ask for..well, and if she was truthful, she did search every inn and tavern for that familiar dark hair.

The bard began to strum a few chords trying to lighten the mood that she had accidentally darkened. The bard tilted her head a little then decided that it would be fun to play with her audience a little.

Cynthia was quite a bit of fun to play with, but she decided she had traumatized the poor girl enough. So the bard continued to pluck upbeat notes as she looked to Ferra. "I have given a tune to dear Cynthia, but I fear you were not here when I did so. Please, dear maiden, give me your name that I might immortalize your beauty and grace, forever encapsulating it as best a bard ever could within a song." She laughed brightly.

"What has struck me,
reaching deep?
Piercing eyes,
so dark and sweet

Please dear lady,
do not keep
My poor heart from beating"

She winked and gave the blonde a charming grin.

"I have seen
no eyes like yours
None that I'd so adore

Please fair maiden,
Just once more
Turn that gaze upon me?

Lovely maiden, sunlight's peer
Won't you please still linger near?
My heart can beat only while your here..

Please don't take it with you."

Oh, she was sure that she had absolutely no chance of wooing this woman who had such a keen look to her eye. Still, the challenge was half the fun!

clarinetti clarinetti , Hanarei Hanarei

26220_1CpYVu2r.png

Artorius watched as his question took the woman by surprise, she blurted out in a language he had never heard before im his travels. Was this a normal tounge in Paradisa? No, even in his short time in the city he'd never hear someome speak like this. So she was an outsider too, or atleast different from the other residents.

"Quel'amrun heruin, amin elee valina... Good morning my lord, your presence is welcome to my sight. I am A'raenal... or you may call me Wandering Sky. My people are the Sylvernai, the Blessed Queen has invited us to join in her acclaimed quest." The woman said, giving him a polite bow. A'raenal what an foreign name, Artorius even had trouble saying it correctly in his head. "Wandering Sky, what a unique name," he replied getting out of his chair and trying his best to replicate Wanderimg Sky's bow. "I am by no means a lord, and my calling doesn't inspire. I'm just a simple traveler, but you can call me Artorius," he said, lifting up his head and straightening up his posture. "It'll be a pleasure working with you on this quest," he continued, returning her friendly smile.

Lekiel Lekiel

She beamed with the radiance of Moonglimmers under a full night sun when the warrior spoke kindly of her name. And indeed she was rather proud of her people's heritage. Of their befitting names giving reason to the rhyme of their calling. When she first came to Paradisia and learned of its people, she often found it odd to utter sounds that brook no meaning when called. At first the young Sylvernai had thought that her mastery of the common tongue was lacking, but over time, she realized that it was not quite so. True there were some callings sparked from flowers, or birds or other whimsies but the fact that it was not odd to be called a nothing was rather odd indeed!

The man had left his seat by then, addressing her in a way most chivalrous but yet before she could respond in kind, a voice off to the side spoke in a rather matter-of-fact tone.

"Your hair is pretty."

She paused mid-speak, ruby lips left slightly agape at the sudden though not unwelcome intrusion. But when she turned to interchange with the bearer of pleasantries, she saw nothing but an overly large cat in frilly garb looking in a different direction. A puzzled crease marred her otherwise smooth forehead but she spare no third glance to investigate the affable comment. The man before her awaited her response. Elder Strong Oak had said it would be rude to not give proper attention when exchanging with words. Turning back to the man, she noticed that he had abandoned his meal to speak with her.

"Come now," She gestured at his unfinished plate of food before plopping herself down on the chair beside it with a flutter of platinum locks and emerald threads, "please, do not let me keep you from such tasteful delights!" She waited until he had settled, whether or not he continued to stand or sit with her before fixing him with irises of azure; a hint of a grin pulling at the corners of her lips.

"Artorius, was that what you said?" It wasn't a question. She cocked her head as if considering her rhetoric, before nodding to herself as if she had made up her mind on some unknown deliberation. "Simple Traveler shall be the inspiration to your calling then! But why the modesty?" Wandering Sky nattered on, nigh unstoppable now that a poor man had subjected himself as victim of her endless yabbering. "To travel with naught but you and yours, seeing all manner of pebble and rock and stone! Leaving nothing but footprints and taking nothing but memories... Oh I've pined for such whimsies and to think that tomorrow..." Her voice trailed off.

Then she shifted forwards in her chair suddenly, leaning closer to Artorius. Up close, she could see that the hardened lines of his facade hid his true age and he really appeared much younger; perhaps around her age. But she was not particularly interested in how many winters he had seen. Instead, "where have your feet taken you, Artorius the Simple Traveler? Have you treaded on wooded deck across the Sea of Dreams? Heard the songs of the water fairies under a sky of endless stars? Or have you wayfared farther than that? Climbed the tallest trees of yonder forest in the Across-Land to which we will land?? Forgotten your footsteps in the Forgotten Drylands where not a sliver of green can be seen???" Wandering Sky was speaking faster and faster, her usually dulcet tones rapidly rising in pitch as she pitched her querries. She nevertheless paused for a moment, and if Artorius the Wise wished not to be inundated by another barrage of words, he best speak his turn!

Somewhere, barely heard above the din of the revelry, a fanfare announced with great pomp the arrival of a great someone. But while such things would've surely captured Wandering Sky's attention, she was far too enraptured in the current interrogation conversation to pay it any mind.

Interaction: Captain Spooks Captain Spooks spookie spookie
Mentions: First Rose First Rose

Last edited:
26220_1CpYVu2r.png

Artorius smirked as he saw the fair-haired woman bright up with excitement, a nice change of pace in this extravagant banquet. Waiting for her response Artorius heard the same voice, commenting in her hair. The dark haired man's eyes followed Wandering Sky's as they landed on the human-like cat. He stared at it for a second in disbelief, never in his travels had Artorius seen anything like that. Then again he was mostly stuck in rural areas where he could just find a nice tree to sleep under during the night.

"Come now."

Wandering Sky said as he turned his attention back to her. She had moved over to the seat next to his. See seemed awfully interested in him. A welcome change for sure, mist people steer clear of a scarred man with a sword. In retrospect is a good thing, Artorius wouldn't preach hinself as a saint. But before he could reply to her firdt set of questions Sky suddenly getting closer until they were face-to-face . Artorius herked his head back just a bit out of instinct, he didn't have any time to do anything before she set out a barrage of questions.

He let out a short laugh, "I've always sticked close to civilisation, although I did take the Sea of Dreams to get here. It took me a while until I got what the captain called sea legs legs" he replied, leaning back in his chair. "I've never really traveled to see grand sights, I've just been searching for a way to right my past mistakes," he continued, a somber expression flashed avross his face.

"But I've done a numer of small jobs, from being a fieldhand, being a bodyguard, and I've even ran off a couple of bandits," he finished, quickly glanving over upon hearing the announcement of someone important, though Artorius had no interest in them. "What about you Wandeeing Sky, what lands do you hail from?"

Lekiel Lekiel

Ferra Cantillo
As the bard begins to introduce themselves, something in the woman’s words rings familiar to the former soldier. Whispers of a young noble lady who’d run off to entertain in taverns and woo the women… people always talked, particularly when such things were none of their business. The thought passes as quickly as it comes though, her attention returning to the present as Mena explains the song’s meaning to their younger acquaintance. It was clear this one had a way with words, as much in conversation as she does in song. The language was flowery and saturated in bittersweet sentimentality- a notch more refined than the melodramatic musings that most minstrels were prone to. She usually maintained a healthy skepticism when it came to such dramatizations, but Ferra sensed there was a kernel of truth buried amidst Mena’s explanation. “That’s a rather wistful way to look at lost love.” the blonde comments, uncertain whether to say anything further, eventually settling on finishing the rest of the mead.

The mood passes in time, and as Mena begins plucking away at the strings Ferra waves down a server and grabs an ale to wash down the lukewarm remains of her meal. Happy enough to simply listen to the chatter between the two ladies, she’s caught off guard when Mena addresses her again. "I have given a tune to dear Cynthia, but I fear you were not here when I did so. Please, dear maiden, give me your name that I might immortalize your beauty and grace, forever encapsulating it as best a bard ever could within a song.” the musician proposes, laughly sweetly as she does so. Ferra chuckles in turn, less so out of amusement than to mask her own embarrassment. She’s almost completely certain that the other blonde is trying to charm her, but whether the intentions are well-meaning is hard to discern. Stone-cold sober she would've had more luck, but the alcohol’s started singing in her blood now, lightening her usual stern demeanour. Dark eyes retained their clarity, her wits largely intact, but in her present state the woman would prefer to enjoy the company rather than interrogate or scold them.

“Oh, well, that is rather kind of you, Miss Filomena, yet I fear your sweet words would paint a portrait to which I cannot compare.” the woman laughs softly, a bashful smile peeking out before she composes herself. Part of her is quite pleased that her efforts at the mirror hadn’t been in vain, the knowledge bringing a cheery flush to her face. In truth, if one were to dream that songs and sagas would one day speak of her, she hoped that these tales would give credence to her actions as well as her looks. All the same, she currently sensed no malicious intent, and so there was no harm in having a little bit of fun. And when the cheeky woman winked before strumming out a musical opening, well, it would be discourteous to decline the offer.

“By the goddess, pray don’t ensnare me with such honeyed words.” she tells Mena with a wry smile, half jape and half warning. Taking one more sip of amber liquid, the mug is set down and she stands before the two ladies. “My name is Ferra Cantillo, and it is a pleasure to make both your acquaintances.” the woman proclaims, bowing slightly as she does so. “If there must be a song though, let it be one we can dance to, yes?” the blonde requests, hand outstretched in hopes that someone might join her.

Mentions Hanarei Hanarei
redroseknight redroseknight

Last edited:

━paradisia━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

full

•CASTLE PARADISIA, MUSIC CHAMBER•

The Previous Night

The faint sound of lilting piano caught Vivienne's attention, and she set aside the book she'd been reading by enchanted lantern light to investigate. It was late, far too late for any straggling guests to be up and about, let alone wandering the castle and playing music. Only the adventurers themselves and a few travel-weary forgeiners remained. The rest of the crowds had gone, returning to whatever their version of normal was.

For the Queen and her group, such a thing was impossible.

Gliding down the hallways in her filmy white nightgown and using the gift of light magic to illuminate her surroundings, Vivienne almost appeared ghostly, or perhaps angelic. She moved in silence, her expression curious but serene as ever. Most of the heavy mahogany doors remained closed, but she could see the one leading to the music chamber had been left ajar. From the darkness of the room and the hauntingly beautiful sound eminating within, she knew exactly who it was without needing to peek.

Dimming the sparkling light that enveloped her, Vivienne peered through the doorway as she observed his shadowy figure. The notes combined to create a technically magnificent song, but one so filled with grief and sorrow that it would've felt odd to call anything other than a lament. She knew, of course, that Lucien cried through the keys of a piano or the strings of a violin. To do otherwise was a show of weakness, something which the young captain positively despised.

For a few moments the Queen stood in silence, content to simply listen. When the song ended however, Lucien's voice was quick to snap her back to reality.

"You may come in, Your Majesty."

Vivienne did as he requested, using her magic to provide a faint glow reminicient of moonlight to the large and opulently decorated music chamber.

"You were aware the whole time, were you not? Why did you keep playing? I know you hate to be watched."

Her words were quiet, almost apologetic.

Lucien considered his response for a moment, before getting up from his seat and stepping closer to the Queen. "There are worse audiences. Besides, you aren't just here to listen. That much is certain."

Vivienne's expression changed to reveal the slightest bit of a smile.

"Observant as always... but yes. I wanted to meet with you before the breakfast gathering one way or another, and it was obvious you wouldn't be sleeping," the Queen laughed lightly, but her tone soon turned serious. "I have something for you... something you likely won't be needing, but that I still wish to give you anyway... if only for my own peace of mind."

Reaching for the silvery locket around her neck, Vivienne opened it and removed a tiny but unimaginably radiant gemstone fragment. While smaller than the daintiest pinky nail, it was at once the purest shade of white and a thousand electric colors, equal parts blinding and mesmerizing.

"Oh?" Lucien's eyes widened in amazement at the sight, so much so that he barely noticed Vivienne reaching for the hilt of his sword.

"May I?"

The young captain nodded, his curiosity having obviously been piqued.

Taking Lucien's elaborate weapon from its equally decorative sheath, Vivienne placed the fragment above its blade and pressed her hand over it, whispering strange, mystical words as the entire thing began to glow in a hundred different shades of shifting color. When she was done, the Queen handed it back to its owner with a knowing look.

Lucien inspected his sword, which appeared exactly the same as before except that the blue gemstones decorating it now glimmered with a faint trace of rainbow sheen.

"Is this—" the boy's words trailed off, still mesmerized by the sight of his newly improved weapon.

"Yes, a tiny fragment of the Heart Shard. As you know, Lucien, your body rejects any form of light magic despite you lacking an affinity... it's strange indeed, but attempting another transfer is not worth harming your health when your sword is perfectly capable of holding Shard-based magic." Vivienne paused, looking him up and down. "It won't be as powerful of course... but on par with the average Paradisian user at least, which should be more than enough when combined with your swordsmanship. Only you will be able to use the magic contained within. In the hands of anyone else, it will just be a regular blade."

Lucien sheathed his weapon and bowed deeply.

"While it won't be needed, I am in debt to you for such a generosity, Your Highness."

Vivienne nodded knowingly. "Of course. Now please, get some rest. I will make you your favorite tea with honey and milk to help you sleep, prepared personally so as not to awaken any of our overworked staff... cleaning up that feast alone was enough work for a week. When it's ready I'll bring it to your room here in the castle, alright?"

Still stealing glances at the hilt of his now enchanted sword, Lucien offered the Queen a slight but very rare smile.

"Thank you, Vivienne. I shall try."

full

•CASTLE PARADISIA, ROYAL DINING ROOM•

The sun had not yet fully risen, but already Castle Paradisia was bustling with activity. Maids carried trays of fine breakfast foods to the royal dining room, a smaller but no less elegant location used regularly by the Queen. Vivienne herself stood near the table, offering encouraging looks to the more bleary-eyed adventurers. Few appeared entirely rested, though Glimmer was of course an exception and as flawlessly groomed as ever.

The glamorous man sat quietly for once as he dipped strawberries in chocolate and nibbled at them, though he appeared fascinated as Luka dumped an entire plate of fruit atop a full heap of pancakes smothered in sugary syrup and began to dig into his monstrous creation with questionable table manners.

"Never lacking in enthusiasm, this one," Glimmer said with an amused tone.

Lucien was far less animated, barely picking at the small amount of food on his plate as he glowered sullenly at anyone who might so much as dare to glance in his direction. His moodiness didn't affect Luka one bit however, and the nearby Kitria rambled on happily about the merits of sugar to no one in particular.

There was once again a great selection of foods for everyone at the table, a last parting gift from Paradisia before they were all set to depart the city onboard the Dreamseeker. It would be in an hour at most until the party left, as Vivienne sadly insisted they had little time to waste.

At least the weather appeared nice enough, if a bit cool and breezy.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

0A1Ti0K.jpg

Cynthia Adstrum
The banquet had been rather... overwhelming for Cynthia. She had never imagined herself to be suddenly thrust into the center of attention, well at least that type of attention more so. She wasn't half sure how she managed to escape with Mazi tucked on her lap for a good portion of it. She had never imagined being flirted with could be so terrifying! Well... perhaps terrifying wasn't the right way to put it... just sheer embarrassing. It wasn't as if she didn't like the compliments and all. She shook her head a bit blushing a little thinking about it before smacking both her hands on her cheeks glancing at herself in the mirror.

Focus Cynthia, today is the big day! Its time to be chipper and not think about that silly stuff and focus on getting out there and do what you set off on this journey to do in the first place! You still got people you have yet to meet today so its good to get off on the right foot and not get yourself all flustered again! She nodded to herself in the mirror smacking her cheeks lightly twice more as she finished getting herself ready for breakfast. Its off to stop the day and she was going to do it right!

----------------------------------

Cynthia had entrered the dinning hall sitting herself down attempting to be very composed. Her hair was braided once more having spent the time to put it back up as she typically did. She sported the same outfit as she had the other day, granted it was actually a change of clothing. Where she was from while there was some educate in dressing night it wasn't usually about wearing various flashy outfits but rather looking presentable. Her other outfit could of probably been worn once more if she really wanted to. but she was almost certain some of Mazi's drool might of gotten onto her outfit given how out she seemed to be laying on her lap. The very thought made her blush a bit before shaking her head attempting to keep focused. This was her time to not be a flustered mess and to make a good first impression! Now to be prim and proper and...

Cynthia's eyes opened wide as a look of amazement filled her. The girl nearly jumped out of her seat looking on as her hood nearly fell off causing her to pull it back over her head swiftly in response while gawking at none other then Luka. The child-like scholar suddenly darted over to him seeming to forget her manners as she leaned in looking rather closely at him with sheer joy in her face. She leaned around glancing at him as to get a better peek at him from different angles before bending over to look over to his tail as she seemed to oogle him up nearly bouncing in place where she stood.

"Aaaaaaaaaaah! I real life Kitria! I've always wanted to see one! Its a shame your kind are so rare given how intriguing your very existence is! A species that manages to share features with humas yet keeping such distinct cat like features! Its a marvel of biology how such a species can exist so precisely you would expect intermittent features to turn out so perfect! Wait... you do seem tall... well I guess short in comparison to most but I swore I read Kitria were shorter... though I suppose the books vary in size... then again that is averages its only natural someone would be taller! Since you are taller does that mean you are a male?" She asked glancing down as if to look blushing a bit shaking her head realizing after how... awkward that was as she waved her hands as if to dismiss it though surprisingly seemed to recover from being flustered quickly to continue rambling leaning in closer.

"Anyways, you do seem quite pale would that effect your... wait no no! The book does mention about how varied their hair color could be! Its so fascinating it makes you're kind so much more unique from one another then other races! OOoo! You must be quite agile right? I read about a Kitria landing from a 30 meter drop completely unscathed! OOo are your nails really as sharp as they say? Well I suppose they would be classified more as claws then typical nails due to their shape... ooo you're age you have to at least not be a child right? I heard your kind looks young though you can live a real long time some books say 600 years though I've seen others state over a thousand! How old are you? Ooo! You have blood-related magic right what kind of magic can you do? WAIT! Speaking! Do you know any words? Perhaps what the language was called? Its so fasinating to learn of languages that don't exist much anymore!"

Cynthia paused reaching out to touch Luka's ears. While initially touching near the tip her hands slipped down seemingly feeling around a little bit as if looking for something as she still looked all but excited not seeming to know what the thing called 'personal space' was despite having her own in ways violated the night beofre.

"Ah! Your ears! Ooo! I read about it, you have a soft spot that your kind really likes to be touched by their ears with right, right?" She repeated herself rubbing at the base of his ears seemingly at a bit of a softer spot over and over again as she oogled over Luka never having imagined she would get the chance to see such an elusive Kitria in person. She completely forgot about the idea of being formal at that point half forgetting she was there for breakfast.

Mentioned: spookie spookie , Zero Two Zero Two

Montmorancy

Today's the day. How many years it had been since the last time she goes outside of Paradisia? Almost two decades, it seems. Momo was rather nervous and she really hoped they wouldn't need to pass her homeland, actually she hoped that place had been burned down without trace.

Setting her dark thought aside, Momo entered the dining chamber with a bright smile. She felts more confident now compared to yesterday. The reason were a pair of glasses that she's wearing. It was a parting gift from high-priest Gordon, a magical device that suppress her leaking light magic and prevent her from accidentally shooting people with her eye beam. She was a bit mad that he didn't give it yesterday though, it would definitely made her encounter with the queen much smoother.

Speaking of the queen, she definitely should sit as close as possible to the queen! The obstacle however, came in the form of a sour-faced young captain that muddled the queen's bright presence. The other side of the table have Glimmer and Luka so she definitely would be closer to the queen if she took the seat next to Lucien. If the queen was the rose, then Lucien would be the random beetle that perched on its stem.

"G-good morning, your majesty." She didn't expects herself to stutter like that, she's usually pretty eloquent in speech. Guess she really tries hard not to embarass herself anymore like yesterday.

Taking a seat on the chair, she glanced around the table for foods. Since they're going to board a ship in an hour, fried or heavily-spiced foods were a no go for her. Her choice fell to the freshly cut fruits in front of her but before she could pick it up the kitria took the whole plate and dumped all the fruits on his pancake.

Lukaaa!

She wanted to scream at the kitria. The other nearest plate of fruits were placed right in front of the queen and she's too embarassed to grab that far. Her already wandering hand ended up grabbing a massive turkey thigh. Really something she didn't want to eat before a voyage but since she already picked it, it would be rude if she didn't eat the thigh.

A silent prayer to Sabelina, and then Momo started eating her food slowly. A brief flash could be seen on her glasses whenever she took a brief glance at the queen, but other than that her eyes today looks pretty normal. The glasses surely works wonder.

IMG_1326.JPGTia didn't really talk to a whole lot of people though cat boy did happen to tell her that the brat apparently wanted her dead. No surprise there though she will be sure to remember that if he happens to ever be in a life-threatening situation. Tia didn't get to drink all out like she wanted after she was done with the first bottles the guards took the rest away. She didn't really meet the rest of the group she mostly observed everyone seeing exactly she what she was going to have to put up with. After the dinner was done she was surprised to see the guards take her to actually a bedroom. "Seriously? I get to sleep here tonight?" They nodded. "Nice!" She walked in and noticed the guards were still there. "Guess I'm still under house arrest." She mumbled then shrugged. She then walked over to the bed, kicked her shoes off and hopped in. Before she fell asleep though she couldn't help think of her old bedroom back from when she was young. Kind of resembled it a bit. She pulled the covers overhead hoping to get a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, she did not. She suddenly woke in cold sweat breathing fast. She had another nightmare. They seemed to be getting worse. She tried to go to sleep again but every time she did Tia saw the same face that seemed to be haunting her. She was basically going through this all night until finally, she gave up once the sun started to rise. When it was time for breakfast the guards lead her to the dining hall. Tia sat down in a random seat, not paying attention to who she was sitting next to. She looked exhausted and irritated. One thing could probably set her off. She leaned back in her chair and propped up her feet on the table. She then closed her eyes, though looked like it she hadn't fallen asleep.
[open for interaction)

━luka━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
✧ mood – curiously confused ✧ mentioned – cynthia, momo ✧ tags – Hanarei Hanarei Ace Cream Ace Cream

—◦✧◦✧◦—

There was no such thing as too much sweetness for Luka, and his heaping pile of fruit and pancakes soaked in the sweetest syrup made this quite obvious. Despite being seated directly across from the Queen and her miserable young captain, he made no attempt at proper manners as he gulped down his breakfast like sugar was going out of style.

The now-bespectacled priestess sitting next to Lucien (poor thing, being so near him) seemed annoyed when he snatched the plate of fruit away, so Luka offered her a less-than-apologetic smile in response which revealed his small but sharp fangs. Finders keepers and all that. As she'd soon moved along to a turkey leg, it seemed no harm had been done anyway... not that the Kitria would've shared either way. In a few minutes, he'd polished off the entire plate.

While reaching for seconds, his ears shot straight up at the sound of someone practically screaming in his direction, and Luka watched with confusion and slight curiosity as a woman began launching what had to be thousands of questions a second at him. He tilted his head slightly, posture decidedly stiff, though the Kitria made no attempt at moving away from her sudden invasion of his space.

Luka did love being the center of attention, after all.

"Hm, you recognized me... interesting," he said lazily, tolerating her enthusiasm but not returning it as his surprised expression slowly faded.

"Yes, Luka is tall for his species, unlike Lucien over there." Luka shot a mischievous glare in the emo brat's direction, before returning his attention to Cynthia. The sudden explosion of activity had caused him to momentarily slip into his Kitrian dialogue quirk again, though he hadn't noticed it. "I am a boy, but I get that question soooo often here all because humans males have the worst taste in clothing. No ribbons? Ugh, boring!"

Sticking his faintly upturned nose in the air, Luka let out a quiet hmph of disapproval. Cynthia had not let up at all and was still asking a ridiculous amount of questions, so many that even the usually chatty Kitria could barely keep up. Responding to them all would be impossible and unnecessary as far as he was concerned, so she would only get answers to the most interesting ones.

"Actually I jumped from 40 meters once while chasing a monster, and landed on my feet," he said proudly, gazing upon his sharp claw-like nails and allowing her a good look at them. Ignoring the question about age and possibly his past, Luka instead skipped to her query about magic. "Healing mostly, but it's lame... like why do I have to patch up idiots whenever they get themselves hurt? They're so weak if they're injured, too. Like 'waaahhh my leg got cut off, Luka help!' Crybabies," he said, rolling his eyes in disdain. "Oh, I have regenerative magic too... 'cause I'm way too cute for scars!" Fluttering his lashes at everyone enjoying their breakfasts, the Kitria smiled sweetly.

Cynthia then asked about languages, and his expression turned more somber. The Kitrian way of communication was all but lost, something that weighed heavy on their hearts.

"I don't know how to speak much of our language," he said sadly, before making an odd sound most reminiscent of a meow that no human could hope to mimic. "That's what it was called, though. In human-speak it would translate roughly to 'Mewsia'."

Luka's tolerant mood immediately came to a halt when Cynthia dared to reach out and touch the tip of his fluffy white ear. The Kitria froze, his mouth opening to let out a hiss before she continued speaking and moved her hand downwards to the base of his ear.

"Oh!" he exclaimed quietly, his expression of total disgust melting into one of peaceful bliss as he began to purr and lean back in his seat.

Lucien, who had been sitting across from the entire scene, appeared to have had his jaw drop. "How the..." he mumbled, while Queen Vivienne beamed from just behind him.

"Luka seems to like you," she mused brightly, giggling a bit at how cat-like Luka appeared while being petted by Cynthia.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

• Ferra Cantillo
    Even though the sun had yet to rise, the inner chambers and corridors of the castle were as lively as ever. A flurry of attendants streamed in and out of labyrinth passages in preparation for the morning’s events, yet the echoing footsteps and brisk voices scarcely reached the confines of the chapel. It was a small space, just big enough to accommodate a half-dozen pews facing towards the Shrine, but clearly great care had been given in its design. Murals depicting scenes from Sabelina’s tale decorate the walls, marble inlaid with gold and mother-of-pearl, as a stony rendition of the Goddess looked down on them tenderly. A few others sat in contemplative silence, but Ferra was the sole occupant of her pew.

Fatigue tugged at her eyes, so much so that she didn’t dare close them for fear of accidentally dozing off in this holy place. Hands clasped, the enormity of the task before them weighed heavy on her mind. The woman was not one to rely on divine intervention, but on this morning it felt appropriate to come here and speak to the deity whose heart they aimed to unearth. Yet what to say that the Goddess might heed her words? Plenty of times before she’d prayed for guidance or aid with naught to show for it. Still, something in her gut told her this time might be different, the feeling guiding tired feet to this hallowed space. “I know you have better things to do than hear the words of one such as I, but I’d be grateful for but a minute of your time.” the woman murmured under her breath.

This challenge we’ve been given… I am not so naive as to believe it will be easy, or that it will come without cost. I hope that what we’re doing is right, that this will ensure the safety and well being of our families, our people. The thoughts came unbidden, flowing far easier than speech ever would. Eyes peering upwards, she takes in the marble facade of Sabelina, searching for some affirmation in those petrified features. If our cause is true, pray grant us the patience, wisdom, and courage to see it through. And if we should lose our lives- if it must come to that- let it be to guard these lands from that which would seek their ruin.

The air is still, the chamber awash in a revenant hush. After a few minutes more of quiet meditation, the fighter stands, looking once more to the statue before exiting the chapel.

It is whilst walking down the hall towards the dining hall that a familiar figure is encountered, veering off from one of the adjacent corridors. The man is as well groomed as ever, but all the creams and elixirs in Paradisia couldn’t completely mask the bags beneath his eyes. “Someone had a late evening- drinking and swindling unsuspecting noble girls, I take it?” Ferra calls out, tone brusque as she takes in the mischievous miscreant before her. As he turns back to face her, amber eyes flash in recognition, and the pair pause to look over one another. “Oh love, you wound me with such cruel words.” Riven cried, face twisting into a caricature of dismay before drawing close and cracking a smile as he embraces the lancer. The gesture is returned, formalities brushed aside during the private reunion. “It’s good to see you again.” “You too.”

They separate, proceeding to amble side by side towards the clattering sounds of plates and cutlery, falling into easy conversation as they did so. “What are your thoughts, on our new companions?” “Captain’s a twat, but that’s nothing new. Couple of ‘em look too green to be taking on something like this- I won’t name names, you’ll be able to tell clear enough. Overall though, they seem like a capable bunch.” she hums in acknowledgement. “Time will tell, I guess. Competency aside, I get the sense we're in for an initially rocky journey, given, well-” the woman pauses, hand gesturing towards the open archway where their peers sit, some looking particularly dour and miserable. "Oh, I'll have to disagree with you on that- I think it'll all turn out swimmingly." Catching the devious glint in the man's eye, Ferra stops short of the entrance, staring intently at him a moment before groaning quietly. "Your words are far from reassuring." the blonde deadpans, uncertain as to what foolish ideas might be stirring in his mind. The rogue however merely flashes a devilish grin in reply, snaking an arm around her shoulder with a knowing look as he guides them to the head of the table.

Mentions spookie spookie
Ace Cream Ace Cream
animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
"Two days ride beyond the great walls of Paradisia, plus another half across the marshes and you shall find a forest where the trees grow tall as the walls that surround this place. Those are the Sylvernai Glades, the safekeeping of my people. The air is fresh and our river water sweet, and when you rise in the morn you'll hear nought but a still forests greet. We have had many a visitor who come seeking solace and peace, to calm the worries of their mind," Wandering Sky paused to regard the sombre warrior then, a thoughtful look in her eye, "if your heart is kind, perhaps one day you should stop by, Simple Traveler. My people surely wouldn't mind."

The rest of the night ebbed and flowed with undulations of social courtesies and merriment. Even after her conversation with Artorius the Simple Traveller, Wandering Sky found herself almost unable to have a moment to have a proper bite of any of the delicious-looking morsels resplendent ontop frilled tablecloths. There was just so much going on and so many people to talk to until even the chirpy young Sylvernai became exhausted from the constant multi-sensory stimulation. Taking her leave away from a couple of noblemen, she drifted away from the banquet hall. The clang and clatter of the festivities faded into a murmur as she sought out her assigned room. Alas, the Sylvernai forgot that she had a gift most precious to present.

Which was how she found herself waiting in line behind a duo, a man with braided dark brown hair and a lady who was greeting the queen. Dressed in her usual outfit, her hands nervously fidgeted with the bundle of Tyrian purple cloth wrapped in widowsilk ribbons and she suddenly felt immensely self-conscious. The duo moved on and finally it was her turn. Approaching Queen Vivienne she risked a glance that took her breath away. The revered Queen was even more beautiful than the stories of Singing Lark. With skin so translucent it seemed as if she gleamed with an inner light, despite the glittering chandeliers of the breakfast hall. She didn't know how long she stood there mouth agape, dumb as a gadderfly. Long enough for her to feel absolutely foolish of that she was sure.

"T-Tari'cala Vivienne sila vee'silma, I am A'raenal," She hastily bowed, cheeks flush at her momentary entrancement, "my people the Sylvernai have received your invitation. I am here on our behalf." Wandering Sky let out a huff to calm her nerves before stepping forward to present the queen with an exquisite bundle of finest Moonweave cloth. Made out of the seasonally rare Moonglimmers, this particular bundle of cloth was weaved by none other than the head Frondweaver herself.

"I-We hope you like it, Queen Vivienne... hahah-" Wandering Sky added, as she took a step back before a burst of nervous giggles spouted unwittingly from her lips. She quickly shut herself up with both hands, eyes wide and apologetic as she took in the queen's response. She'd listen to what was said before hurriedly backing away and taking her leave to lowkey hide herself behind a stack of cakes in the corner.

Captain Spooks Captain Spooks spookie spookie clarinetti clarinetti

Last edited:

Out of all the people she could've been assigned to protect, out of all the people in the world she could've been ordered to babysit. She was stuck with this brat of a princess. Not only brat, she could deal with brats, but this one acted as if the world was tasked to make her life perfect. Which, if anything, the girl could be who she wanted, Sage didn't exactly care what the young lady did with her life. The only problem she had, was that the princess had the Audacity to think that Sage was anything close to a feeble servant.

As the smallest blink of light came to shine through the windows of the palace keep, Sage had deemed it time to wake the sleeping princess. She was surprised the girl wasn't up already, but who knew how late she slept in back at her home kingdom. Sage however, was usually up just an hour before the sun's peak over the horizon. She adored opening her eyes to a still world with a land masked in beautiful darkness that was filled with fading stars and awakening skies. Though unfortunately...her morning, or in fact, her whole night was spent standing in one set position, in front of the Princess's door. Thankfully, she had been able to get a good two hours or three of sleep in while she leaned against the hard wall, but that was all she could really manage. Not that it was uncomfortable, but that she didn't at all trust this kingdom, or any in fact. Sage was a nomad, she traveled where she pleased and did what she wanted. Only occasionally coming back to her home kingdom to check on a few bits of family, but really, she never stayed in one place any longer than 5 months. Not to mention, she tended to be notorious around certain parts of the world...though, not in a good way.

The cloaked rogue hadn't even knocked on the girl's door before Princess Ishani yelled through the fine wooden doors in agitation. "SAGE!" A second more, and the girl of royalty swung the doorway open to find the rogue just about to give a knock. With a raised brow, the hooded female had to keep herself from going for her dagger after being surprised. "Do you care to explain why I am waking up late!?" She demanded.

Sage held up a finger to the princess before pushing her inside the quarters. According to Sage, she was bringing way too much attention to herself, not only was it annoying, but that was a commonly sensed thing NOt to do when one alone is from an entirely different kingdom. Before Ishani could snap at Sage for doing that as well, she spoke up, "First of all PRincess. I'm not your Maid. As far as I'm concerned, you were to wake up yourself. I'm doing nothing more than keeping yourself in line. Is that Clear?"

The princess shook with absolute rage. "How...DARE You. You'll be whatever I tell you to be! My father will have your head -...."

By this time, Sage had checked out the conversation taking a small moment to pull out a golden and silver outlined pocket watch, she then looked back up to the princess in the middle of her rambling. "We have, not long till the morning meal is through with, your...MajeSty..." Sage told her with a pleasantly fake smile amid the void like darkest of her hood. If one were to ask Sage when the last time her real smile had ever occurred to her, she would've shrugged; truly having no idea.

The female of royalty gasped in surprise, "OH my!" Racing to the bathroom, she grabbed her usual dark yellow royal garb and slammed the bathroom door shut. Only to open the door 3 seconds later to point a figure right at the cunning rogue. "We are NOT through with this..." She then slammed it shut once more to get herself ready.

With that, Sage gave an exhausted groan and just nearly passed out on the couch beside her. She was laying in its comfy mass most definitely, but even she knew that sleep, was going to be the last thing she was going to get when this whole thing was over. Sleep was a luxury she was not going to get...for a while...

--------​

Striding across the marvelous marble stoned floor, Princess Ishani walked with effortless elegance toward the dining room. "How did you sleep, Sage?"

Oh, was she referring to her? A surprise that she even cared. As Sage trailed her steps from an angle of an exact steady 30 degrees, the rogue answered, "Mhm, relatively well your highness, thank you..." An obvious and natural careless demeanor came from her, though the princess didn't seem to get the message.

"Relative...to what?"

"None, you could say...." Sage replied a matter of factly. Absence of sleep didn't do much to her, not anymore at least. Ishani turned to the hooded female in a complete awestruck expression, she seemed shocked.

"Relative to none?"

"That's what I said..."

"WELL. That is no way to get one's beauty rest! Is that why you keep a hood on...?" Sage's eyes slowly narrowed in annoyance as the princess continued on in a mocking tone. "...because of the highly necessary rest, you lack?"

"Your majesty, it seems we've arrived.," Sage piped in as she stretched a hand toward the handle of the royal diner room. "...and you might want to hide the few split ends you have in the back of your head." She added, just get the Princess to shut her mouth. The princess gave a sudden gasp and hurried over to a nearby window to make sure her hair was in place. After making a fine blissful smile in the reflection of the window, she made her way back to the doorway of the dining room that Sage held open, and strode inside; with the cloaked rogue closely in tow.

With one foot in front of the other, the princess proudly strut into the dining room with almost a look of disgust. "Ulk, the paint doesn't at all go with the floors..." Ishani thought allowed and didn't even bother keeping her ideals secret, in fact, she looked the Queen right in her eyes when she said it. "Fruits and pancakes...hmm." She added once more in boredom as she took the seat just beside Tia. "Hmph...I was really in the mood for a smoked salmon strata..." As if the whole room was paying attention to her, she disappointedly realized that wasn't the case, and gave a huff, obviously displeased.

"Are you not going to eat, your highness?" Sage asked curiously from behind. Instantly regretting she asked.

The princess looked over to Sage as if she were as dull as a nail. "But, of course I am." Her emerald green eyes looking into Sage's with expectation, a command that was clearly expressed.

Sage scoffed, "Have you learned nothing...?" she whispered, the rogue didn't seem like she was going to move an inch, but the Princess only rose a brow, clarifing that her order wasn't going to change as well. The hooded female slowly balled her fist in obvious agitation, she stared at the princess for long moment before giving a sigh in defeat. "....very well..." Knowing that Ishani was going to make a big deal about this anyway, Sage didn't want to make this any worse for herself. Her reputation alone was already breaking away by just being associated with the girl. As Sage finally turned on a heel and went to retrieve the princess some breakfast, Ishani then found her gaze settling on the plain horrible act of disrespect she'd seen yet. Just in front of the disgraceful interior design.

Clearing her throat to get the poor serf's attention, she then asked Tia, "Do you have no morals? Get your feet off the table! This isn't some disheveled barn!" She seemed highly offended by Tia's actions, and believed that her feelings alone were a reason for her acts to stop.

animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:

━lucien━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
Feat. Queen Vivienne
✧ mood – disdainful ✧ mentioned – riven, ferra, wandering sky, tia, sage, ishani, everyone? ✧ tags – clarinetti clarinetti Lekiel Lekiel animegirl20 animegirl20 First Rose First Rose

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Though Vivienne's tea had been nearly as lovely as her company, Lucien still struggled to sleep as he lay atop the plush bed with azure eyes wide open. His hands were shaky as they dug into silken sheets, the rise and fall of his chest rapid.

He had dreamed of the yelling man again. The one he believed to be his father.

"Failure! You think you are worthy of bearing her face when this is all you are capable of?" The booming voice tearing through his ears came from everywhere and yet nowhere, but Lucien knew all too well what came next.

"I'm sorry," he begged, his voice once again high and childish in its terror. "I'll do better this time!"

Pleading was of no use however, and the agonizing sting that knocked his very breath away returned once again as Lucien crumpled downwards into a pool of shadow before waking with a sudden gasp to his own heartbeat pounding in his head.

Just a nightmare...

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Lucien sighed as he picked at the single pancake on his plate, having absolutely no appetite despite Vivienne's attempts at encouragement. While never one for social gatherings, the mix of unfamiliar voices and dishes clattering was like nails on a chalkboard to the young captain this morning, discomfort obvious on his pouty face. Though Lucien was as fair and well-groomed as always, the dark circles spreading beneath his glassy eyes were hard to miss despite his perfectly pressed uniform.

Vivienne offered him a compassionate smile after greeting a few new faces, placing one lovely hand upon his shoulder. "You should eat something small, Lucien. It may help you not to get so sick this time on the ship," she added encouragingly, before her sparkling amber eyes lit up again at the greetings offered by more adventurers... specifically the scarred man Riven and an unfamiliar blonde woman.

"Ah, Riven! It is a pleasure to meet again," Vivienne said brightly, returning his bow with a graceful one of her own. "And Ferra... much time has passed since last we spoke, I do hope you have been well."

With that, the Queen's attention had once again been stolen away as Lucien grew even more sullen. Her kindness was of course appreciated, but mentioning a weakness of his so carelessly like that? Shameful. He could only hope no one had heard her fussing, not to mention, it was so motherly. The idea made his frown deepen. What would it take for her to stop seeing him like a pathetic child? To consider him an equal, regardless of their difference in age? If anything, Lucien was more determined than ever to succeed on their quest. Maybe then...

His thoughts were cut off by Riven, who was obnoxious as ever though he had at least dropped the fake friendliness of the previous night. "As much as required, seeing that my priority is Her Majesty and this mission she has set before us."

Lucien rolled his eyes as the man attempted to charm Momo, the stalker-priestess who had taken up a spot next to him and was suddenly wearing glasses for some reason.

The next woman to approach Vivienne was far more awkward than the previous pair, though she did appear earnest and had brought a gift for their Queen, so the young captain was a touch more tolerant of her blundering.

"Welcome. I believe your people were wise in choosing you, as I can sense your good heart." Offering a sweet and reassuring smile to ease her nerves, Vivienne took the bundle from Wandering Sky with utmost care and admired it for at least a minute.

"This is absolutely lovely, I am honored to receive such a fine gift. Rest assured it will be cherished with my deepest gratitude." Offering the giggling woman a wave as she retreated awkwardly, Lucien couldn't help but admire his Queen's lovely presence and the care shown to all who spoke to her. She was far kinder than him, perhaps even too kind... as the next "guest" would soon prove.

A foreign princess, dressed finely but not half as beautiful as Vivienne and some hooded woman whose presence seemed to annoy Glimmer. Lucien watched them with a look of disgust mirroring Ishani's own, but when she dared insult the decor and breakfast options while looking directly in the Queen's crystalline eye, he could no longer hold back his flaring temper.

"Insolent woman of a lesser kingdom! You are unworthy of our Queen's glorious presence, and you will be treated accordingly," Lucien spat, sitting up as straight as possible in hopes of concealing his diminutive height.

Once again, Vivienne placed a comforting hand on his caped shoulder as she attempted to calm her young captain.

"Forgive me for not providing decor and food to your tastes, Princess Ishani, but my focus has been on more important matters. In the next hour, as I'm sure you're all aware, you will be setting off aboard the Dreamseeker. Until then, do try to enjoy yourselves."

If Ishani's words had at all affected her, the kind Queen did not show it. Her face remained serene and poised as ever, though there was perhaps the slightest ghost of uncharacteristic sorrow there too...

The unpleasant princess was once again complaining loudly, though this time it was directed at a lowly thief who had dared to place her dirty boots upon the Queen's impeccable dining table. Intolerable as she was, Ishani did have a point this time, and Lucien felt a bit shameful that he hadn't noticed and dealt with such an issue earlier.

"Enough! Her actions are most vile, but it is not the job of guests to reprimand inappropriate behaviour," Lucien huffed. "As for you, Tia, have you forgotten the warning I gave you when I and my guards caught you stealing from the Royal Library? Or are you just willfully this ignorant?"

With a rather loud hmph, Lucien shot a final glare in both their directions before resigning himself to sipping a drink in irritated silence.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

YAEL 'CAPTAIN MAGGIE'

Location: Palace| Interacting with: The Queen, Her Crew | Tag: everyone? spookie spookie | Mood: Irritated

Yael had almost forgotten how painful and difficult being on land was, but as soon as she stepped off the ship it all came back to her. Especially after she face planted. She threw out swear words like there was no tomorrow as her crew had to help her up. The poor child that heard her was probably traumatized...or his parents would be when he got home and repeated such foul words. Walking, or more like stumbling like a drunkard, she managed to adjust a bit. Enough so that her crew stopped laughing every three minutes when she fell and them pick her up. She cursed at the ground as if it was the earth's fault she had been born a creature of the sea. Maybe cursing at it wasn't helping, but it allowed her to take her anger out.
That's how most of her day went yesterday, tending to her crew and working on getting adjusted to land. She would much prefer not walking on land, but she had no choice but to tough it out for now. She had things to do and prepare for. Mostly just getting used to land.

After leaving her ship 'Neptune's Disgrace' and most her crew behind under the care of Varick, her second in command and the person she trusted most to handle things in her absence, Yael and two skilled members of her crew had stayed in an inn that night. She would have brought more along, but she didn't want to leave her own ship under-protected. Besides, Ianna and Spence were two of the most skilled sailors and fighters in the crew. She trusted her and them could handle manning the ship. The queen probably had provided other skilled sailors to aide on the journey.

The next morning Yael and her crew were up early and departed the Inn at the break of dawn. It took longer than what they had expected. Mainly cause Yael was still stumbling every now and then, but she didn't fall or look like a drunkard at least. Although the route was mostly clear, and those who they encountered quickly got out of the way, either afraid or spitting curses. Yael merely rolled her eyes, she was more than used to the treatment before she even became a pirate.

Finally reaching the palace the guards gave her some looks and Yael only returned their gaze until they let her in. Flashing a smirk as she guided her crew into where she heard voices talking, walking in to see everyone gathered in a dining room. As she walked in she surveyed the others in the room. Her signature signature smirk resting on her face. She jerked her head in direction of the table and her crew sat down as far away from the others as possible. Maggie followed behind, but instead of sitting down she leaned against Spence's chair. Her eyes met with the Queen and she gave a small nod. "Ello yer majesty. Captain Maggie at yer service." She stated, not really introducing herself further. She really didn't have to. Her appearance and name should give away alone who she was. She had quite the reputation after all.

It seems that she wasn't the only the only one with reputation in the room. From rogues to spoiled nobility, she could name a few of her soon to be fellow adventurers. Her eyes shifted to the young Lucien and she frowned. She knew the captain and his supposed reputation, and the thought of having him aboard a ship she would be in charge of was highly displeasing. oh, bloody hell. I'm on babysitting duty now? I didn't sign up for this part. She thought, forcing her frown into a mocking grin. Flashing her sharp, shark-like teeth. Her attention shifted to the Queen again. "apologies for the late arrival. The Journey here took longer than we expected." Yael stated, kicking Ianna's chair as she snickered, Probably at the image of Yael face planting.
code by Ri.a

untitled.png 1.png “Ah, I hate to bother your rest, young Lady, but are you quite alright? Does the food not sit well with you? Or perhaps you made the most of our final evening of indulgence?”

Tia opened one eye and looked at him. "Indulgence? I wish." She mumbled to herself. She closed her eye. "I'm fine I'm just tired....couldn't sleep." Tia hoped that would be it and she would be left alone but nope of course someone just had to sit right beside her. She ignored it though until whoever it was started speaking to her.

"Do you have no morals? Get your feet off the table! This isn't some disheveled barn!"

Tia's eye shot open, clearly pissed, and looked over to the woman next to her and started to get in her face. "Listen here you-" Suddenly Tia found herself getting cut off.

"Enough!"

Tia turned to look at Lucian.

"Her actions are most vile, but it is not the job of guests to reprimand inappropriate behavior," Lucien huffed. "As for you, Tia, have you forgotten the warning I gave you when I and my guards caught you stealing from the Royal Library? Or are you just willfully this ignorant?"

Tia face was blank for a moment as she thought to herself then smirked and slowly walked over to Lucian and leaned in close to his face looking him straight in the eyes. "Listen here do you really think I care about your silly warnings? You don't scare me. You couldn't even catch me the first time I broke into that library heck if it wasn't for the fact I have a soft spot for books I would not have been caught and would of went crazy with my fire. Also, I could have made my escape yesterday if I wanted to but didn't cause I actually want to do this seeing as I ain't got nothing better to do. Now I am not in the best of moods....didn't sleep well, which from the looks of it neither did you, so should understand when I say that I am this close to losing my shit." Her eyes darken and she glared at him. "So don't push it I'm already debating whether or not to set the royal bitch hair on fire." She said referring to the princess. Suddenly she smiled brightly and ruffled his head. "Now be a good boy and keep your mouth shut." She said in a teasing voice as if she was talking to a little kid. She then straightened up and smirked at him.

clarinetti clarinetti
First Rose First Rose
spookie spookie

The captain's retort to her claims about the decor was something she only huffed over. Though she looked obviously struck as his tone was something that shamely befell a lady of her standards. For all she knew, the foolish and insolent young man was just spewing out regurgitated words. Before she could throw something back at him, the Queen cooled the tension. Ishani gave her a patronizing grin. "Oh no worries Queen Vivienne," as if her opinion alone ranked the status of the entire domain. "All kingdom's have their pros and cons." Then proceeding to make herself comfortable in her seat.

The thief's response to her statement was certainly not at all what she was expecting. Anyone who even dared to come within a foot radius of her gorgeous face would have been instantly besieged by guards or worse. Her father wouldn't have even allowed the mere thought of such a thing. The Princess was so offended by the thief lowly presence that her face turned beet red, her cheeks hot to the touch as she jumped in her own chair. She couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated. Then before she knew it, the royal captain was yelling at her once again. Ishani merely stuck her chin in the air as if she were a childish bratty girl wanting her doll back, while Tia made her way over to Lucien to chew him out.

At that moment, her single guard came back over to her, dropping the plate of breakfast right in front of the Princess, not even bothering to make it formal. Not to mention, to Sage, it wasn't supposed to be.

-------​

The princess had no such thing as a sensor on her, where was the trap on that punk's mouth. Sage couldn't help but agree with the thief's remark, setting the Princess's hair on fire didn't seem like a bad idea. The bare walk that she did just to fetch the Princess her plate made Sage want to throttle the girl. She of all people was and would not be considered anything like a servant. It felt disgraceful to be a killer as deadly as herself and hold a plate that was not her own. Better yet, a delinquent of a princess.

Before she'd leave Ishani to her meal, the hooded rogue slapped a hand down on the young Princess's shoulder; making the poor girl jump as Sage leaned in close to the side of her face. The low yet brash mutter of her voice uncannily slithered into Ishani's ear, "I still wonder why you have yet to realize your place, but let's get one thing clear..." She whispered, her grip tightening around Ishani's bone. "I am only here to make sure you return home, ALive." Nothing else was given to Ishani and Sage let go of her. She could hear the girl's silent insults and criticism, but at least she was now eating her food.

Taking a step back, the rogue took an apple out from what seemed to be nowhere and took a bite. Swiped from someone's plate, she didn't know who's plate it was, and neither did she care. The only thing that seemed to be crossing her mind was whatever she was grumbling about to herself; something along the lines of "why'd it have to be a ship."

━lucien━

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━
✧ mood – outraged ✧ mentioned – yael/maggie, sage, ishani, tia ✧ tags – peachpuff peachpuff animegirl20 animegirl20 First Rose First Rose

—◦✧◦✧◦—

Yet another group of unfamiliar faces arrived, though these were perhaps the most curious-looking ones yet. Lucien had heard tell of the pirate woman and her crew, it seemed they had quite the reputation amongst merchants and common folk. Vivienne was as lovely as ever, greeting them as though they weren't at all out of place in her castle... which at this point, wasn't too hard to believe. Brilliant as she may be, the Queen truly did need to raise her standards when accepting people for her quests, Lucien mused.

"Welcome, Maggie," Vivienne said warmly, nodding to her companions as well. "Apologies not needed, unlike my young captain here, I'm not one to fret too much over punctuality," she said with a soft laugh. "The festivities are beginning to wrap up, but do make yourselves at home."

Maggie had at least been proper to the Queen, so despite the disdainful look she sent his way, Lucien did not complain. His anger was focused elsewhere anyways, on far more offensive figures than the pirate captain or her crew. Namely, the thief and the foreign princess.

He desired greatly to take the intolerable royal down more than a few pegs, but to do anything extreme could damage Paradisia's reputation. Vivienne was handling the situation with grace despite her attitude, which was more than could be said of her young captain. Before Lucien could think up a suitably cold reply, he was approached by Tia. The look in her eyes was intense, and he leaned away from her instinctively. No one except the Queen herself was permitted to get this close to him... how dare a lowly criminal even consider it? And her words? Worthy of execution, no doubt.

"If you aren't stupid or suicidal, you should care," he snapped bitterly. "The first time, I was away fulfilling my duty as captain and had made the grave mistake of trusting lesser men when they said they could be left in charge of security... take comfort knowing they've been punished adequately for their failure. You may be able to sneak past an average soldier, but that I am not."

Lucien's frown deepened when she pointed out that he hadn't slept well. Was it that obvious? How unprofessional, not to mention embarrassing. Tia's next words caused his admittedly tired eyes to widen considerably.

"If you were to set fire to the hair of that princess, I would... look the other way, no charges would be pressed." Lucien said, his voice lowering considerably during the second part as he glared in Ishani's general direction. The young captain became even more irritated as he watched Glimmer attempting to sell potions to some hapless man, all while watching the hooded woman suspiciously. Idiots. He was surrounded by idiots. This was going to be one long journey.

Tia running her filthy peasant hands through his perfectly smoothed hair as she mocked him snapped Lucien out of his thoughts, causing the boy to practically shake with rage.

"How dare you? Your Majesty, look what she did," Lucien demanded, his voice raising considerably like a child about to melt down, "grant me permission to punish her suitably! Public hanging, perhaps?"

"Lucien!" Vivienne warned the young captain in a harsh whisper, before softening her expression and smoothing his raven hair back into place. The gesture soothed him slightly, but Lucien still glared daggers in Tia's direction as he sipped his tea in miserable, and most likely temporary, silence.

━━━━━━❦━━━━━━

code by spookie spookie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back