• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Notifs Separating Themselves?

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I'm really just curious about this, it's really not a nuisance! ^^

So sometimes I'll get the ping! of a notification, and it'll say "So-and-so and so-and-so replied to this thread." I'll click on it to check this, and as soon as I've checked this thread, I'll hear the notifications go off again. But when I check them, it has just separated the previous notif into two-- "So-and-so replied to this thread" and "So-and-so replied to this thread."

Is there a specific reason why it does this? Or is it just me?

I hope I explained that right....

I believe I understand what you are running into.  If you are scrolling through the site and receive multiple notifications in the same moment, a notice will appear by the bottom of the screen to summarize the notifications which you just received.  For the default theme, this appears as a dark, opaque dialogue box.  When you open the notification menu at the top, everything will appear as a separate notification.  The only explanation I have as to why it does this is simply because that was how it was created.  I hope that I was able to answer your inquiry.

I believe I understand what you are running into.  If you are scrolling through the site and receive multiple notifications in the same moment, a notice will appear by the bottom of the screen to summarize the notifications which you just received.  For the default theme, this appears as a dark, opaque dialogue box.  When you open the notification menu at the top, everything will appear as a separate notification.  The only explanation I have as to why it does this is simply because that was how it was created.  I hope that I was able to answer your inquiry.

I understand that part, but what happens is my notification menu will have everything as one notification, and then two seconds later ping as if I have a new one, but they just separated the previous notif into two.... If that makes sense?

If it is possible, may you please provide a screen shot? :)

That's fine, whenever you have the chance, please show one!  I am sure it is just a small inconsistency with the notification feature, as there are many of them, and we will try to fix it as soon as possible along with the other informalities. :)

Has it ever notified you twice or more than once when it separates?

Thanks for being so cooperative.  All of this information will help us as we look into resolving the issue.  I'm glad that it isn't interfering with the frequency of your notifications.  Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. :)

Thanks for being so cooperative.  All of this information will help us as we look into resolving the issue.  I'm glad that it isn't interfering with the frequency of your notifications.  Let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you. :)

Oh, no, thank you! I was just curious as to what was going on. :)  

I have a related problem, so I'm butting in, I don't think there's need to open another thread for that :

I get the same PM notification two or three times, even if I've already read the PM in the meantime. It happens every two or three PM I think.

@Drosera, double check your notification settings and turn off the option that says it will notify you when you receive a message.  That option is redundant in my eyes because the inbox system will already release its own notification whenever you receive new messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back