• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Not-so-smooth-sailing

DawnieDragon

Jedi Padawan
Selma was on a beach not knowing how the hell she got there. Last thing she remembered she was in her room studying for a huge test her mother was making her take. As she got to her feet to check her surroundings, she could hardly believe what her eyes were showing her. Dragons soared in the skies, Unicorns and Centaurs roamed the plains, Mermaids and Sirens swam in the seas, it was all a lot for Selma to take in. Soon Selma's eyes met what appeared to be an ancient shipwreck. Curious, she made her way to the wreckage to explore it further. She always did have a thirst for adventure. As she explored the wreckage she discovered it is the wreckage of an old pirate ship probably late 1400s era in her world's time. But then again, Selma's not in her own world anymore. Even she can tell that much. As she began to explore the ship she noticed an old painting in the room. It was depicting a pale female that looks close to Selma's age. As she approached the painting she got the strange feeling she was being watched, but she wanted a closer look at the piece of artwork. Once she got close enough to the painting, She cleared the debris around it and picked it up to brush away some of the dust. It was then she heard a voice coming from the next room.

• "Five more minutes. Just five more minutes..." I rolled in my bed as the whole ship shook. Itty bitty bits of dust fell down from the rotting ceiling, derivatives of the soggy old wood that were itchy to have even a vampire like me scratching my soft belly. Even then though, I really didn't feel like moving out at all. After waiting for many reasons, surely I didn't have to get back and push the ship into the ocean again IMMEDIATELY now did I? Oh, how wrong I was to think so.

As soon as I returned to snoring, footsteps invaded the old wood. While I dreamt of hypogrypth sausages and Berrygrieves, the invader made her way through the ship, her footsteps and my snores concealed from one another due to the thick walls of Truebreeze this ship my master had charged me of protecting.

Terror struck my heart, though, as I heard the sound of bells from across the ship. They were small, barely audible bells, but I had trained ears, specially for sounds like those. So I had set those traps in case anyone got close to the thing that was so important, my portrait. Without a second thought I rushed out, careful not to break the door already falling apart, bursted into the room where this young girl was standing, too late.

"You, don't to- No, no , Nooooo!" I screamed realizing the deed was done. I gazed upon the girl again, my head ringing only one name and title, "master". The idea that she was an invader wasn't even something I could force, it was just secondary in my mind. "Damm it... What are you doing here? Who are you master?"

DawnieDragon DawnieDragon

Selma jumped surprised she wasn't alone on the ship "Oh I'm sorry. I hadn't realized someone else was here. And wait a sec....What did you just call me?" She asked and tilted her head not sure what to make of this situation "To answer your question, My name's Selma. I just kind of found myself here... Thing is I don't know how i got here or for what purpose. I just happened to see this old painting and wanted to see what it was depicting. wait a sec. Selma takes a look at the portrait then at the girl standing before her "You're the girl in this portrait aren't you?" Selma asked the girl standing before her. They looked so similar, it was almost uncanny. This could very well be the same girl as far as she was aware, But she's mistaken people for others before, so she wanted to be sure. "If this is your home, I apologize. I don't mean to intrude, But i needed to find some clues about where i am or even why i'm in this world in the first place." Selma didn't understand any of this at all, But she was determined to find out "So who are you exactly if i may be so bold?" Selma asked looking toward the female

Last edited:

• This girl in front of me, climbing into a "deserted" ship she just encountered, or that was visibly falling apart, doing so without a thought and even going as far as touching it's stuff for the heck of it? What was she even thinking? Perhaps the worst part of all this, however, was that this girl of all people now held in her hands my portrait. The "me" in it was a few years younger, maybe seven or eight years old, and there was this bright smile on her face as a half-eaten sausage dangled from her mouth, and she fed another to a puppy near her. Surrounding her were models of ships, maps and all kinds of naval instruments. The "me" in the painting was wearing simple servant's clothing, but with bright coloring and her body was clearly clean and well-taken care of. The only odd thing about the cheefulness of it was the pitch back ground which the girl in the painting seemed to completely miss, not noticing it at all. Had the girl that just came in known the secret of my kin, there would be a lot she could infer from that simple portrait alone.Fortunately, it seemed she wasn't quite that knowledgeable. Still, she was my new master, that couldn't be helped anymore.

"Yes, master Selma, I am the girl in that portrait. That thing was made by the previous captain if this ship. My name is Mare Artem, I am a vampire tasked with safekeeping this ship until a proper captain arrived to claimed it, or at least, I was supposed to... I guess it can't be helped now. So, master, how would you like to become the captain of your very own captain ship?"

Selma looked toward Mare and nods "Sure, Maybe it'll provide some answers as to what it is brought me here in the first place. And why. So how do you plan to get this thing on the water? Looks like it's been shipwrecked for ages now" Selma said inspecting what was apparently her new ship. She wasn't quite sure what purpose brought her here, But she was determined to find out. Who knows, this may end up being fun for her. "I always have been a girl of adventure. And it's a change of pace compared to what I've Been going through anyway" She still didn't know how she was going to sail this thing with it being shipwrecked and so old. But if Mare said she was a Vampire, then she likely has a trick or two up her sleeve to get the thing seaworthy. She still didn't understand why Mare was calling her Master, but that may also become clear in due time. For now she decided to stand back and watch to see what Mare will do.

(I know it's under the limit but i ran out of ideas for this response)

(Alright. Well, what're mostly missing is initiative. You seem to be taking too much from me and doing pushing enough from your own end. Try to get your character to bring up topics herself, to act on her own, to be fascinated by something, having a flashback, anything that would make her do stuff without me having to do things to trigger those reactions out of her.Don't just react, act as well)

• "Hmm? What do you mean, "brought here"? Did someone bring you into the ship? Are they your superior by any chance master?" Part of me wanted to believe this girl wasn't the one that infiltrated the ship I was supposed to protect. Just a short nap after so long, and I had wake up to this. If it at least there was someone powerful behind it, then at least I could live with the idea that it wasn't entirely my fault that I was trapped like this again. Following this, however, that wish was truly carved into my heart by the girl's next question. I stopped and turned around to face her, raising an eyebrow. The urge to facepalm was considerably hard to resist. "You... you don't even know about the Truebreeze? The grand, legendary, mysterious self-constructing ship?"

I sighed, and gestured to the girl to continue following me as I headed into the deck. Sure enough it looked pretty wrecked. At a distance it would seem like a useless ship, but if one got deep enough, surely they would have understood what ship they were in exactly. What was that girl's deal? Well, not that it mattered. She was my master now, so I had a duty to make her the captain if she so willed. I rose both hands, felt the flow of will through my veins, red spiritual lines appearing around from my shoulders moving in spirals around my arms until they were finnally released from the tips of my fingers and dissipated into the air. For a moment, nothing happened, but then the shaking began. The ship, up until now turned diagonally to the sand, suddenly got back into it's proper horizontal position. Bits of wood began emerging from within the sand, and sea water was converted into wood as well as it approached the ship, then floated into the ship or began repairing it's outter layers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back