• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Non Fandom Plots [Open]

brogley

in the flames, a lonely person turns to dust.

• ⋆ Basics

- I require atleast a paragraph, and even then I am really strecthing it, so if you do reply with one paragraph, make it count.

- Your point of view will be 3rd person, I dislike when people use "I" for their own character, and "you" for my character. As much as I enourage you to be in character, it doesn't sit right with me.

- This is strictly a descriptive roleplay. It does not have to be newest

American Psycho

, but I will not do script or anything similar.

⋆ Do not play a mary-sue/gary-stu

A Mary-Sue is a specific kind of character that is usually considered literarily reprehensible and otherwise unpleasant for others to play alongside. A Mary-Sue is any character (of any gender, age, race, or species) who fits one or more of these descriptions:

- A character who’s too perfect, lacking realistic or logical flaws, or whose flaws do not affect them in real ways.

- A character who’s exactly like their creator, except idealized or made “better”. (E.g. more attractive, smarter, given skills, abilities & powers the creator wishes they could have.) Essentially, the creator is inserting themselves into the story, but without the flaws, quirks & limits that make them interesting and real. Users are often discouraged from creating characters who would be described as, "He's based off me," especially since that comes with the extra risk of violating the avoid mixing ic and ooc rule.

- A character who’s far too powerful, especially whose abilities exceed that which is possible for his/her race in the setting of the story. Particularly if said character has abilities that do not exist within the boundaries of the story’s world. Often these characters are

technically

legitimate, but are very, "Look at how unique and cool I am!"

- A character who’s cliched, having qualities or characteristics that are overused by people trying to have a powerful/perfect/cool character. This includes but is not limited to the traits listed as Popular Role-Play Trends.

⋆ Do not lorebreak

If we are doing a non-magic AU, then there's no magic. If we're doing a magic AU, there is magic. Do not break this rule just because it's "quirky" or "adds spice." If you want to roleplay something with magic, then tell me so, and we will. If you do not, then vice versa.

⋆ Do not "auto"

Auto-anything is when a character performs an action without giving the affected characters a chance to respond. For example, running up to somebody and saying *Stabs in the heart* then running off would be autohitting. Auto also applies to non-combative actions to which another player might have a reaction. Saying, *The black knight slips past the guards and into the castle,* while white knights are guarding the entrance to the white knight's castle would be autowalking on the premise that, in all likelihood, those knights would stop you before you got past them. This can easily be fixed with a simple rewording. Add "tries to" or "attempts to" to clarify that your character intends to perform said action, but his success depends on the responses of those around him.

[QUOTE="Daffodil Inquiry]I would love to do Hollow Insides with you if you'll have me.

[/QUOTE]
Gladly! I'll PM you.

I'm interested in plot 2 and 6. It's your pick. ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back