Advice/Help Non-Competitive Nation Building

InsaneAsylum

The Chocobo Champion
So I’ve been roleplaying for awhile now, but I’ve only ever tried nation buildings rps once. I thought it might be fun to create my own lil nation and see what ways I’d be interecting with others.

I was very disappointed when that rp became and competition of who could post the fastest and grab as much territory and rescources as possible. The rp instantly turned into everyone trying to make their nation the strongest!

I want to make, or even better yet simply join a nation building rp where the focus is on actually making a cool story rather than everyone focusing on their own nation.

Is that even possible?

Like, the lore would be created from the nations everyone makes, and roleplay would more than likely focus around key characters important to a nation. There’s be wars and diplomacy of course, but I can only hope that people could set aside their own lust for power and actually focus on creating something cool and fun for everyone.

Does anyone have any experience with non-competitive nation building rps?

If so, I’d love to hear your experience, and maybe even receive some advice if I were to ever make one.

Okay so to make sure I understand your pitch right.

You want to play specific characters who are important to Nations that are made by the players? Like diplomats or leaders interacting or whatever?

I'm not very familiar with Nation Building in general, but the way you described it seems like it was either a poorly organised RP or the goals of other players didn't match yours.

In the end the RP depends on those who play it. So I believe your concept is possible to execute with the like-minded players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back