• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
1601373023744.png
George Carlton
The Jock | Location: Outside the cabin | Interactions/Mentions: CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf irregular-neptune irregular-neptune Jolly Roger Jolly Roger

"Interesting is an understatement." George replied to Jun-hui. "Well, it wasn't as if we were planning on sleeping tonight anyways - I just thought that would be because of movies and booze, but this works too." he said grimly, with a half-grimace on his face. God he needed a shower after that clean up, and he offered a silent thanks to everyone who helped in the clean up process. He was grateful that the others were taking care of those who were hit a little harder, Mo was just a letter off from mom after all and it was reassuring to have her around to deal with the people who had gotten more distraught.

Darwin's misguided attempt at optimisms did work in bringing his mood up, it reminded him that even in weird situations, his friends would be the same as ever and so he gave a polite chuckle whilst shaking his head.

"Alright, take two, we all just arrived at the cabin and we're ready to have some fun, we come into the cabin and it smells a little like bleach. Nothing else happened. Unrelated to the nothing happening, I'm going to take a shower and change into some more comfortable clothes. I repeat, it's completely unrelated to what didn't happen in here. And I think someone should brew some hot chocolate to calm everyone's nerves from the thing that didn't happen." he said, with a single clap of his hands and a motivation to not let everything be ruined on the first day. They were here to have a good time and he'd be damned if anything was going to stop them.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Bubbly One | Location: Living room | Interactions: Open
Mentions: Sostos Sostos
download.jpeg

Elentiya listens quietly as George speaks.

'Alright, take two, we all just arrived at the cabin and we're ready to have some fun, we come into the cabin and it smells a little like bleach. Nothing else happened. Unrelated to the nothing happening, I'm going to take a shower and change into some more comfortable clothes. I repeat, it's completely unrelated to what didn't happen in here. And I think someone should brew some hot chocolate to calm everyone's nerves from the thing that didn't happen.' She lets out a small giggle that is authentic.

At the mention of the sweet, sugary drink, she hops up, bouncing from foot to foot. With the event seemingly forgotten, she cries out, "I want hot cocoa! Do we have pepperming to put in it? Or whipped cream? Oh-! I want to help make it! Can I help? Oh please! Please can I help?" Easiest way to cheer her up or get to her heart? Sweets.

Elie's eyes sparkle with joy as she thinks about the night ahead. Dead rabbit aside, they were going to have fun! While eveyone else was indulging on booze, Elie would more than likely be drinking hot cocoa and eating sweets. Though, sugar may not be the best idea. She is already a hyper girl... Add a sugsr rush to that? But that doesn't stop her from trying to get the sweet stuff every chance she gets.

Ares Lancaster

20200924_174945.png

Role: The Future Detective | Location: Inside the Cabin |
interactions : irregular-neptune irregular-neptune CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf Sostos Sostos TayMaiTer TayMaiTer Narcissy Narcissy

Where once remained a dead rabbit, now a clean spot was present. He walks to bathroom upstairs and washes his bloody hands, while looking as the red liquid left his palms he quietly looks at the mirror, his hands shaking a little as he grabs some soap to help clean it up better. It wasn't the same thing as just looking at an image, he was there, the blood almost touched his overcoat as he was cleaning it, certainly he would take a bath soon, Mo and Jun-hui had arrived a couple minutes ago but Ares wasn't able to greet them, he stands at the bathroom with the sink pouring water on his hands, finally he walks off, going back downstairs he waves at the ones he wasn't able to greet earlier "Mo, Jun-hui, Benny. this was an odd start, let's forget this.. shall we ?" his eyes turn to Elie who seems to have finally regained her positive and bubbly attitude.

"Well, while you drink your hot chocolate.." he walks to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of Vodka he pours a glass for him, "I'll drink something else for now" he grabs the glass and quickly walks outside, leaning against the cabin wall, watching as the snow falls he drinks the glass of Vodka, looking at the trees that weren't so far from the cabin, a couple animals jump around and the wind passes by, a cold breeze around being simply cut of by the drink. They should get the party started soon, maybe they would be able to forget about that little incident if they had some fun. He sighs, he needed to stay outside for a couple minutes, he wasn't the best at opening up and knew that this loneliness he felt was a good way to cope with the bad situations that he found himself in.

He strikes another glance at the cigar pack, but quickly shakes it off, he wasn't going to mess his health with something like that, at least he didn't want to do so for now. He'd then open the cabin door, walking inside after what seemed like several minutes "Alright... when are we starting this party ?" he says, shaking his head towards the table "did anyone bring something to put some music ? If so, I want The Smiths to play" he briefly smiles at the group, the night was long and their party didn't have a time to end, away from parents, this was going to be quite an unforgettable experience.

Last edited:
1601470597567.gif
Kaitlin Garret
Kaitlin sat quietly on one of the couches as everyone buzzed about, leaping up at the mention of hot chocolate. She walked into the kitchen, looking to help. A small chuckle slipped from her as Ares pulled out a bottle of vodka, pouring himself a glass. “I’ll take some of this,” she said, grabbing the bottle and taking a swig right out of it. Kait cringed as it burned its way down her throat, leaving her tingling. God, this was awkward. Why was she invited again? She didn’t even know who had invited her, she’d just been added to the group chat, and assumed she was invited. Kait took another swig before glancing at the others.

Mo, Benny and Jun-hui had just arrived, and were milling about. George had left the kitchen, going to take a shower, and poor Selena just stood there, covered in blood. Kait shuddered at the sight, going over to the girl. “You should go take a shower,” she told Selena gently, her Australian accent thick. If there were more than one shower in the house. Though Selena and George would make a cute couple, Kait mused. Pushing the thought from her head, Kait looked around, the bottle of vodka still in her hand. She took one last swig before placing it on counter. She supposed she could start making the hot chocolate.

She took out a pot, filling it with milk, and then a smaller one, filling that with blocks of dark chocolate and about three cups of sugar. She didn’t know if anyone had brought hot chocolate powder, but this was fine. She enjoyed cooking, and found it helped to relax her.

1601471662845.gif
Selena Sparks. Location: In Cabin. Interactions: camlochan camlochan Nobuzout Nobuzout Sostos Sostos

Selena stood where she was rooted, next to the now cleaned up mess, still covered in blood. Kaitlin approached her, telling her to take a shower, the new girl’s Australian accent somehow endearing. Selena frowned down at herself, looking to where George had disappeared, up the stairs. Was there another shower? I mean...Selena pushed the thought from her head with a chuckle, before it had even fully formed. She had liked George for the longest time, though she would never admit it. Besides, she was pretty sure he only had eyes for Ellie, and they would make a cute couple. As Selena found Kaitlin looking at her thoughtfully, and then to where George had went, Selena shook her head. Was the girl thinking the same thing?

As Ares came back in from outside, asking about music, Selena called: “Kait knows how to sing.” She smiled teasingly at the new girl. She had heard Kait sing before, and she was really good. She then pointed to Kait’s guitar case, which stood leaning against the wall. “And she plays guitar,” she added, before racing up the stairs to shower, her suitcase in her hand. Now where was the bathroom? The sounds of water sounded from behind one door, where she assumed George was. She continued down the hall, pushing open doors until she found another bathroom, at the end of the hall.

She locked herself in, turning the water to full blast, the heat boiling. Just the way she liked it. Selena peeled off her blood soaked clothes, stepping into the shower, steam wafting.

1601560643001.png
[I tried to insert the picture but the site is freaking out and refusing to bend to my will with an update so I'll edit it in after that's fixed- update, yeah it's fixed]​
George Carlton
The Jock | Location: Upstairs | Interactions: a shout into the void

Showers are pretty goddamn good and George very much enjoyed them. As an athlete, he had to get comfortable showering after every match in facilities that may or may not have been maintained to a hygienic standard, surrounded by his team mates making stupid jokes about stupid shit, whilst having to speed through it because the coach only rented out the place for half an hour for the whole group. Hot water was a commodity in those situations as well. But now, there were none of those problems to consider. The steam fogged up around him, the warmth of the water wrapping around his body blissfully, especially after trekking in the snow for a few miles. This is a fucking great shower.

The memories of cleaning up the rabbit flashed through his mind. His dad had taken him hunting before as a child, as a sort of rich people father-son bonding exercise, so he wasn't too knocked about by seeing a dead rabbit, but the problem lied in the state of its corpse - no trap would have done that, and wild animals don't hunt for sport, they hunt to eat but that thing was fucking eviscerated. Even for a prank, that was a step too far. It was gruesome. He had his shower bag with him, an essential for any self respecting sportsman, and began scrubbing at his body with a loofah, the body wash foamed up, but he didn't feel clean no matter how hard he scrubbed. He lathered some shampoo into his hair for good measure.

Habits are difficult to break, and even though he wanted to simply stand under the shower for the next hour, he knew logically he was as clean as he was going to be within the first ten minutes of showering. And besides, every minute he spent wasted in the shower, was a minute he could have spent catching up with friends, old and new so he decided to finish up and dry up. And then he realised his mistake - yes, he had remembered to take in his shower bag, but he had forgotten to actually bring in a fresh set of clothes, and there was no way he was getting back into rabbit blood central. Am I a just an idiot? Do I have a potato in my skull instead of a brain? were the first few thoughts running through his brain.

Typically, it wouldn't have mattered, he could have just slung a towel around his waist and grabbed the clothes as he would've done in a gym. The problem was he wasn't in one and was relatively sure that, even though they had known each other for ages, people wouldn't be comfortable with someone strolling around half naked, no that would be the stereotypical jock move, and he refused to fit into the stereotype. I mean - think of the decency!

Okay, no sweat, simple fix - just head to the top of the stairs and call out for one of the guys to toss up his bag, that way no one else would have to see him since everyone else was downstairs. There was no reason to come upstairs anyway, except to have a shower, and he was like 90% (okay maybe 40%, but you gotta round up) sure that he was in the only shower. Everyone would likely be just drinking something at this point, whether that's alcohol or hot chocolate anyway. Bada boom, bada bing, my genius is too great for this world. Watch out Jun-hui, I'm the new smart kid on the block! He internally chuckled at that sentiment, knowing that there was no way in hell that could ever happen.

Armour equipped (a single towel) and a passion for adventure in his heart (getting cold from being buck naked), he set off for his noble quest (asking someone to throw his bag up the stairs). "YO! I forgot to take my shit with me, can someone throw it up - fair warning, I am NOT decent for human eyes." he called out into the abyss of downstairs.

Last edited:
Ares Lancaster

20200924_174945.png

Role: The Future Detective | Location: Inside the Cabin |
interactions : Sostos Sostos camlochan camlochan Kio.exe Kio.exe TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

“Kait knows how to sing.” he looked surprised as he did talk with Kait but wasn't able to get to know her quite well. "then we don't even need music, we already have an artist here" he smiles "I myself tried playing the guitar a couple times but I'm far from good, maybe you could teach me some songs" his chatting is interrupted by the yell of George who seems to be asking for help, Ares walks to the bag of clothes whose owner was no one but George, it wasn't hard to know which one was his. He grabs it and walks to the stairs, slowly going up as he finds a half naked George, "Huh.." he throws the bag to George and crosses his arms on a joking manner "Relax, I'm not falling in love with you" Ares had dropped his bag upstairs on the middle of the hallway when Elie yelled, he walked to the bag and grabbed it, throwing it on one of the rooms, that was going to be his bedroom, maybe it wasn't the biggest one but it looked comfortable enough.

As he walks back downstairs he finds that Kaitlin had started making the hot chocolate, he approaches her and remembers that Elie wanted to help them make it "Hey Elie, why don't you come here to help us with the hot chocolate" he leans against the counter, watching as Kait makes it he grabs the bottle of Vodka that she left on the counter, was it good for him to drink a bit more ? probably not, but he's between friends, what could go wrong ? And with that thought he takes another swig of the drink, Rabbits aside, this wasn't a bad start.. with everyone gathering around and getting to talk once again seemed really refreshing. He hadn't talked with them in a long time, they had a lot of catching up to do, but there was still quite a lot of time, their getaway travel had just started after all.

"So, you play the guitar, you sing, is there any other hidden ability that you have ?" curiosity escapes his mouth as he lets out a question to Kaitlin, Ares himself wasn't one to hide abilities, he didn't have many after all. But he liked to hear more about others, he liked to know his friends better. It was hard to socialize with new people, but since they are all friends, that made the process way easier than it was supposed to be.

Darwin Hobbes
brief 2.jpg
Role: The Peacemaker

Interactions: Nobuzout Nobuzout Sostos Sostos TayMaiTer TayMaiTer camlochan camlochan

Maybe George was right, Darwin thought to himself. It would be best to put the entire gruesome incident behind them, and focus on enjoying each other's company like they had set out to do. Who cares if some sadistic weirdo forgot to pick up after themselves after using the cabin? Or was a wild animal really responsible for that mess? He didn't need Ares's logical skills to tell something wasn't quite right about that explanation. However, Darwin wasn't going to be the one to spoil the vibe of their party by probing any further.

Darwin was happy to see Elie back to her old hyperactive self, jumping around gleefully at the thought of hot cocoa. "Watch out, when you're on a sugar high you're practically a lethal weapon." he said, waggling his water bottle at her. The girl's childlike naivete was helping him to regain his spirits as well. He wanted to find some way to reassure her after what had undoubtedly been a traumatic experience, but he had a feeling the best thing to do right now was to go about business as normal.

George's voice suddenly could be heard from the second floor, calling for someone to bring him his clothes. Darwin smirked, worries temporarily forgotten. This was going to be priceless. Standing up from the couch, he walked over to the stairwell and peered up to spot Ares handing the bag over to George. He wolf-whistled, calling out "Come on, you two! Get a room, why don't you?"

After Ares made his way downstairs, Darwin followed him into the kitchen, planning to tease him further about what had just happened. However, his attention was diverted by Kaitlin preparing what looked to be a very appetizing pot of hot cocoa. She apparently had the foresight to bring some chocolate, milk, and sugar with her. All Darwin had carried along were some chips, soda, and taquitos from the 7-11, still waiting in the trunk of the car.

In response to Ares's question, Darwin interjects, "Well, looks like she can prepare a pretty mean cup of hot cocoa. That's definitely a marketable talent in my book." He really hoped that Kaitlin made enough to share with everyone.

Last edited:
Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Bubbly One | Location: Living room - Kitchen | Interactions: Jolly Roger Jolly Roger Nobuzout Nobuzout camlochan camlochan
Mentions: Sostos Sostos
download.jpeg

'Hey Elie, why don't you come here to help us with the hot chocolate?' Elentiya lets out a high-pitched squeal. "Yes yes yes yes! I want to help!" She charges past the staircase, not even glancing up at the half-naked George. She had heard him ask for someone to tpss his clothes up, but she was too occupied with the thought of hot cocoa.

She hears Darwin tease her, 'Watch out, when you're on a sugar high you're practically a lethal weapon.' She gives a grin. "I am never dangerous. And plus, I don't get sugar highs." A blatant lie, but she doesn't realize it. The only thing she thinks about is getting the sweet stuff.

She enters the kitchen, skipping to stand next to Kait by the stove. She stands on the tips of her toes, but is barely able to get her chin above the counter due to her short height. She frowns, wanting to see into the pot. So, Elie goes to the pantry and opens the door, dragging the stepstool out. There is always one here. Especially when this group visits. She sets it up next to Kait, on the opposite side of Ares, and climbs up to watch Kait make it.

"Oh! I have a cooler in the back of my truck with food and stuff in it. I brought whipped cream and peppermint. Can someone help me get it out before I forget?" In her excitement, she says it loud enough for everyone else in the cabin to hear, practically yelling it.

Benny Reyes | The Delinquent | Inside of the Cabin; Living Room

Benny had still been on the floor, back against the couch, watching everything unfold. It seemed like everything was going back to normal now. The rabbit got cleaned up, people were smiling again, and he even saw Ares cracking out the vodka which as he took as his cue to bring out his own past time. He stood up and walked over to a coat rack by the front door, peeling off his jacket and boots before hanging it up and swiping them aside respectively.

He picked up the hefty duffle bag he'd brought with him and walked it over to the coffee table in the center of the room, letting it fall with a thud. It was mostly full of clothes but what he particularly pulled out where two cans of Arizona Green Tea. He sat down and rolled up the sleeves of his hoodie, revealing a watch on his left wrist and matching gold bracelets on both.

"The Smiths though?" He asked, shooting Ares a puzzled look before breaking out into a smile. "Good choice man, sounds like the new girl has some expectations to live up to what with your sophisticated music tastes and Darwin and Elie's demand for hot cocoa."

Benny was also just about to get comfortable, unscrewing the top off of one of the cans when he heard Elie yelling out from the kitchen about her cooler. He smiled again. At least this time it was because she was happy.

"Yo." Benny said, lifting up his right hand and bringing himself back up to his feet, already headed back towards the door for his jacket and boots.

Mentions / Interactions: TayMaiTer TayMaiTer Nobuzout Nobuzout camlochan camlochan Jolly Roger Jolly Roger

1601560700622.png
[images still not working for me for some reason, use your imagination, that's why we're here after all -ninja edit, pics are back]​
George Carlton
The Jock | Location: Upstairs | Interactions/Mentions: Nobuzout Nobuzout Jolly Roger Jolly Roger TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

Ares and Darwin both reacted exactly as he expected, and Elie zoomed across the room like a blur by the base of the stairs at the mention of hot cocoa like some sort of sugar fiend rabbi- fast and small animal. A cat or something, but with long ears. Yeah, no animal that matches that description in this house, no sirree. Conversations about music were being had that he could vaguely hear, an area that George had very little knowledge about since he never had the opportunity to explore his tastes. Maybe he'd ask around for recommendations today and finally start getting into it.

"I fucking hate you lot." George replied to their jovial provocations with an equally jovial tone and light hearted chuckle. "I was just being careful with my warning, didn't want you guys to die of jealousy over seeing something you just can't achieve." He was tempted to continue the banter by pulling exaggerated Mr Olympus body builder poses as to complete the joke, but reconsidered since he didn't think his admittedly fragile ego could handle that without being filled with regret for the next few years - it would definitely be saved in his brain as 'cringy moment to keep me awake at night in five years time', or at least on one person's phone as a picture, and he was not going to risk it.

Bag in hand, he wondered which rooms had been taken and which hadn't so that he could change, his trusty towel had been a valuable companion who had stood by him in the worst of times, defending his dignity, but it was now time to put some actual clothes on and then head downstairs for a nice hot brew. Lovely. He walked into a random room and started to get dressed.

Last edited:
Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Bubbly One | Location: Living room - Outside | Interactions: Narcissy Narcissy
download.jpeg

Her smile widens when she sees and hears Benny agree to help her. She looks between him putting on his coat and boots to Kait stirring the cocoa in the pot. Torn. She wanted to help make it. Ares even asked her too! But she couldn't leave Benny to lug in the cooler (which, if she is honest, she may have packed too full of food, making it heavy. But you gotta be prepared with a girl that eats like she is starving all the time) in the freezing cold. So, she decides that she will quickly help Benny, then hurry back to help with the cocoa.

She hops off the step-stool, not bothering to put it away before darting to where Benny puts his shoes on. She quickly slides her boots on, leaving the laces dangling from the shoes. Probably a bad idea with one as clumsy as her, but she wanted to hurry back to her awaiting sweet drink.

Opening the door, Elie lets out a small gasp as the freezing air blasts her. Is it just her, or did it get colder? And she doesn't mean a few degrees dropped. It feels as if it dropped twenty degrees or more. And the clouds over the adjacent mountain... look... deadly... But! She shrugs, skipping out to her truck, bouncing the keys in her palm to make a musical noise. She stops by the bed of her truck, waiting politely on Benny while hopping from foot to foot. While she waits, she plays with the fog that is visible with her every breath.

glassesguy.jpg
Jun-hui | Location: Kitchen | Interactions: Everyone

Jun-hui nodded in agreement. After the weird start to their week, surely it was best to just try to keep it moving. On that note... He grabbed his belongings and headed up the stairs, a couple minutes after one of the other girls did. If he remembered correctly, her name was Selena. Selena.. something... Selena Ss...Spade? No... Selena.. hm...

Jun-hui gave up, but he was certain he had seen her a couple times at school. Every time, realizing he was staring for way too long.

A natural laugh came out as Darwin teased George and Ares. He always had faith in Darwin to make things funnier with his playfulness and this time was no exception. Shaking his head in amusement, Jun-hui wandered into the last room on the right of the main hallway.

Inside, there was a bare mattress on a simple square frame, a bedside table with a lamp, and a small ottoman against the wall opposite the doorway. It wasn’t extravagant, but Jun-hui didn’t mind. Dropping his duffle bag on top of the bed, Jun-hui had the same idea as George without the part about forgetting to grab some clothing. In the hallway, he saw George disappear into one of the rooms, his most needed bag in tow. Jun-hui always had an admiration for George because he had always been popular with everyone at their school, especially the girls. Even if he typically fit the 'jock' stereotype, George was by no means just a brainless athletic powerhouse. George was a solid friend that was well-liked for good reasons. Still, being in the space as George, Jun-hui couldn't help but feel a little overshadowed by the athlete. Jun-hui grinned once more. They were all together again, even if there were a couple others he didn’t know.

Hm, I guess the more, the merrier.

Jun-hui began digging through his duffle bag for another set of clothes when he glanced outside. He could see Benny walking towards a truck. When Jun-hui remembered the truck belonged to Elie, he was pleasantly reminded of just how tiny she was. It didn't help that her vehicle was already huge. How she operated the thing, Jun-hui hadn't the slightest idea. Jun-hui bundled up his clothes, soap, and his towel and tucked it all under his arms.

Jun-hui found the bathroom, mirrors still foggy from when George had used it. After closing the door, he stripped and jumped into the shower. For five minutes, he let warm streams of water fall over him. He hadn't expected the cabin's showers to be so nice. After using the soap all over his body and hair, he washed it out and enjoyed another five minutes, relaxing in the steam.

Alright, let's not waste the hot water.

Reluctantly, Jun-hui hopped out of the shower, dried himself with his towel, and then got dressed. Finally making it downstairs, he found themselves enjoying a hot pot of liquid chocolate. He was happy that it was bringing them together in conversation as well as being a treat especially for Elie, who loved anything sweet. Unfortunately, Jun-hui wasn't a fan of chocolate because of that reason. Instead, he grabbed a container sitting on the counter, thinking it was water and took a swig.

Suddenly, he spat out the drink in front of him and wiped his lips on the wrist of his long-sleeve shirt, realizing the burning taste in his mouth was vodka. Hot, red embarrassment climbed up his neck and appeared on his face.

"Ugh, it was- it was vodka." He managed. "Sorry ya'll." What the hell, Jun-hui?

Tip-toeing over his mess, Jun-hui set the container back onto the counter and grabbed paper towels.

"It seems like we're just gonna be cleaning up this floor all day." Jun-hui began wiping the floor, the taste of vodka and warmth on his neck not going away.

1601558266716.gif
Kaitlin Garret
Kait watched as Jun-hui spat out the vodka with an amused smile on her face, trying not to laugh. “Of course it’s vodka, it says it right on the bottle,” she giggled, patting him on the back. She could tell she would be expected to sing and play guitar, now that Selena had volunteered Kait’s services, but she would try to get out of it. She hated singing in front of people. Kait turned back to the hot chocolate, stirring in a bit of cream before switching off the burner, satisfied with her work.

“Hot chocolate is ready,” she called out to the group, using a ladle to start filling various mugs found in the cabinets above the stove. Ellie and Benny were outside, so she’d have to set them aside for the two. She knew Jun-Hui wasn’t a fan of the stuff, so she didn’t pour him a cup. She was sure Ares, Selena and George would want some, as well as Mo, so she poured out five more cups, adding one for herself. Oh! And Darwin too! She poured one last cup, realizing she had made far too much hot chocolate. The pot was still halfway full!

1601558980119.gif
Selena Sparks| Location: Upstairs, downstairs| Interactions: Everyone
Selena stepped out of the shower, embarrassed by the amount of time she took to wash the blood off of her. Wrapping a towel around herself, Selena popped her head out of the door, and when no one was seen, she dashed down the hall, peering into all the open doors until she found an unclaimed room. Stepping in, she flicked on the lights, gasping. It was beautiful! The bed was massive, covered in soft, fluffy blankets in cream, white and red. Pillows, everywhere. There was a large tapestry along one wall, depicting the night sky and mountains, the white thread almost seeming to glow. Wow.

Selena dug through her suitcase, looking for something comfortable enough to relax in. Grinning, she pulled out gray sweatpants and a white crew neck sweater. Perfect! She threw them on unceremoniously, taking a minute to brush out her hair. If she didn’t, her long brown locks would become a tangled mess. Excited to have more time with her friends, Selena bounded down the stairs, just in time to see Jun-Hui spit out vodka, all over the floor. She grinned at the boy, coming over to help him clean the floor. This seemed to be an ongoing thing for her, she mused. Second time cleaning the floor of the day. She liked Jun-Hui well enough, but she hadn’t talked to him enough to really know him all that well. Hell, he probably didn’t even know her name, or who she was.

“You lot just really enjoy making me clean up the floor, huh,” she teased, an amused smile on her face, as Kait announced that the hot chocolate was ready. She smiled up at the new girl, who was watching them with an amused smile on her face. Selena was glad that Kait fit right in, something that was still difficult for Selena herself.

1601560801441.png
George Carlton
The Jock | Location: Kitchen| Interactions: kinda everyone

George, now dressed comfortably, with the most important item of clothing being a pair of very tasteful and not at all tacky slippers. He hear a distinct 'Hot chocolate is ready!' and thus he confidently marched down the stairs, ready to partake in the bounty of that sweet sweet beverage, though he decided to wait for people to come back with the necessary snacks and whipped cream.

George wagged with a chiding finger, "No, no, this is the first time we're cleaning up today - the smell of bleach from before was because a troupe of ninja maids cleaned up before any of us entered. Whilst we're here, accepting reality is optional but frowned upon." he said, with a faux-serious look on his face, trying his best to mimic a school teacher telling off a child. Everyone knows that rejecting the truth and running away from any sort of challenging discourse was the best path to personal growth, and no one could convince George otherwise.

"And besides, I pity you fools - Jun-hui is so far ahead of us that we cannot even begin to comprehend his intentions, well, apart from myself, a like-minded scholar. You see, it's quite simple really, some of you are wearing shoes indoors instead of very fashionable slippers like these," he continued, pointing down at his feet, he furrowed his brow, his brain churning "so you've made the floor a mess. Alcohol is a vital component of cleaning products (or so I'm lead to believe, mathematics isn't my specialty) so this was all just a part of a... high speed cleaning? Sorry, no, I've lost it, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I just wanted to not clean up after coming out of the shower, but Selena's doing it and that makes me feel bad for using that as an excuse. Screw it, I'll lend a hand." To George's eyes, Jun-hui looked a little embarrassed at causing the mess so he thought the best way to deflect attention off of him was by drawing attention to himself in a semi-coherent monologue.

He decided to just grab the shirt he had worn before the shower, since there was no way he was gonna wear that again, and to use it as a mop, saving paper in the process. Truly an environmental champion.

Benny Reyes | The Delinquent | Outside

He shook his head and chuckled as he watched Elie speedily move between the kitchen and the front door, putting on her shoes and her jacket and taking off through the door before he even had his jacket on, though he did follow her lead and slip into his boots, leaving them untied. He took a deep breath and braced himself as he walked out into the cold. He was questioning why he volunteered to help considering his distaste for cold weather but maybe he was just that kind of guy. For his friends anyway. Hell, maybe not even for anyone else. Benny would never admit it but Elie's bubbly nature was definitely contagious. He'd been excited to go on this trip to begin with but she was definitely the group's hypeman so to speak.

As he made his way through the snow and towards Elie's truck his mind wandered back towards the rabbit that she had found. The consensus was that it must have some kind of animal but ultimately he wasn't so sure. As grim a thought as it was he couldn't help but laugh at himself. Was this what Ares felt like? All analytical and shit? Maybe. There was no way to know for sure how that guy saw the world but Benny was sure that this was less of a "I need to solve this mystery" and more of a "There's always someone looking to stab you in the kidney and you have to keep our guard" kind of situation.

He could worry about it later though. He gave Elie a playful wave before quickly rubbing his hands together and quickly motioning for her to unlock the truck so they could get out of the cold. "I regret every decision in my life leading to this point." He said with another chuckle.

Mentions/Interactions: TayMaiTer TayMaiTer Nobuzout Nobuzout

glassesguy.jpg
Jun-hui | Location: Kitchen | Interactions: camlochan camlochan Sostos Sostos Kio.exe Kio.exe

She was right. The the bottle was clearly labeled vodka but Jun-hui had been mentally elsewhere. As Selena came over to help him, Jun-hui could feel himself burning up a little bit more.

“Thank you.” He mumbled to her sheepishly. After a few seconds, he added, “Selena, right? I’m Jun-hui. Yeah, sorry about this, I thought-“ Relief came over Jun-hui, when George grabbed everyone’s attention with a pretty funny speech, eventually helping clean the mess on the floor. Darwin was definitely pretty good at making situations less serious , but George proved he was pretty funny in his own right, too.

“You know, maybe we’ve got something good going here. We could start a floor cleaning service since we’re all pretty much experts already.” Jun-hui added with a grin, playing off of the humorous atmosphere George had easily created. He finished wiping the floor and threw out a handful of damp paper towels. “In any case, I’ll be sure to read the labels on things before I start drinking out of them. I’ve got faith in this cleaning service idea, but let’s hold off on that for now.”

Jun-hui stood next to the kitchen counter to heat up another pot of water, a little bit of ways from everyone else. No one had made a big deal out of it, so he wouldn’t either. Still, a little bit of distance was more comfortable for Jon-hui than anything at that point. He glanced at everyone, then to Selena, and then looked over to the girl near him making hot chocolate. Skillfully, the girl began scooping the steaming sweet chocolate into mugs for everyone. Before she could make a cup for Jun-hui, he smiled politely, shook his head and said, “That looks really good, but I’ll pass.”

She then continued pouring mugs for the rest of them, seemingly without a drop landing on the counter. Facing her, Jun-hui introduced himself. “Pretty impressive. I’m Jun-hui. What’s your name?” He figured it was best to get the introductions out of the way. He’d rather not be known as the guy that spat all over the kitchen floor.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Bubbly One | Location: Outside | Interactions: Narcissy Narcissy
download.jpeg

Elie gives Benny a big grin. Quickly, she opens the bed of her truck, climbing up into the old thing. She gets behind the cooler, and begins pushing it toward where Benny stands. She grunts as her small muscles work to push it, the tip of her tongue sticking out of the side of her mouth in concentration. When it is finally at a place where Benny can help pull it down, she stops. "God! That is heavy! I am jealous of you and George with your strong arms." She hops out of the bed and smiles at him.

Suddenly, something cold and wet touches her nose. She looks up, shocked. The sky is a dark grey, with white flurries falling to the earth. Snow? She holds a hand out to let a flake fall on her palm. I thought we weren't supposed to get anymore snow... She frowns, confused. Soon, she shakes her head, clearingthe thought. So what if it snows a little? She grabs one of the cooler handles and waits for Benny to grab the other. Benng is a nice guy, once you get past the thorns. He may be a bad kid sometimes, but everyone has their faults, right? Elie could say with 100% certainty: she liked Benny. He was awesome!

"Come on! I have a delicious mug of hot chocolate waiting for me!"

Darwin Hobbes
3FA4EA8F-49EF-45C4-A1A0-06E9338D1C1D.jpeg
Role: The Peacemaker

Darwin shrugged off his coat and placed it on a nearby chair, before turning to Kaitlin and swiping up a cup of steaming hot cocoa. He hovered his face over the cup for a moment, savoring the delicious scents and the warm feeling of the smoke tickling his face. “Aw man, just slap some whipped cream and marshmallows on this baby and I’m in heaven!”

He took a sip. It was creamy perfection. “Kaitlin, I know I just met you but you’re my new best friend.” he declared.

When Jun-hui entered the room, only to abruptly spit some vodka onto the floor, Darwin was tempted to snicker. However, noticing how embarrassed his friend was about the situation, he decided to instead grab a handkerchief from his pocket to help clean up. His dad always promoted the virtues of carrying one of these around ( it was kind of a “lawyer thing”) and he had ended up following suit.

Darwin couldn’t help but laugh upon hearing Selena’s wisecrack about cleaning floors. It definitely seemed to be a running theme today. He was provoked further into a giggling fit by George’s off kilter rant about ninja maids and slippers being the superior footwear. He liked how much of a goofball the guy could be, far removed from what his outward “jock” persona would suggest.

“Hey George, I’ve got a good one. What do ninja maids do with their opponents? They...sweep the floor!” From his kneeling position on the ground, Darwin awkwardly tried to imitate the “preying mantis” martial arts pose. In Darwin’s eyes, things like dignity or self-awareness were for chumps.

Darwin nodded in agreement upon hearing Jun-Hui’s suggestion. “I know, right? We’ve been doing so much cleaning around here that the guys who own this cabin should be paying us.” Considering the amount of blood, sweat, and bleach the others had put into erasing any unwelcome trace of their furry friend, that maybe wasn’t too far from the truth.

Interactions: camlochan camlochan Kio.exe Kio.exe Sostos Sostos CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf

Last edited:
1601661302989.gif
Selena Sparks:
Location: Kitchen| Interactions: camlochan camlochan Sostos Sostos CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf Jolly Roger Jolly Roger

Selena grinned at the antics happening around her, standing up and brushing any dirt off of her knees. “Yeah, Selena,” she told Jun-Hui. So he did know her name. For some reason that made her happy. She had always been the expendable one in the group, and tended to drift in and out without being noticed. She snatched a cup of hot chocolate from the counter, smiling at Kaitlin. Taking a sip, Selena nudged Kait’s shoulder with her own.

“I’m going to have to agree with Darwin here,” she said, taking another sip. “This is delicious. George you have to have some,” she told the jock, nudging him with a foot. At least she had the dignity not to wear slippers. Turning back to the Aussie, she smiled mischievously. It was clear she was hoping to avoid Selena’s earlier suggestion that she sing and play guitar. “So... you still haven’t played for us. We’re waiting,” she told the girl, grinning. Jun-Hui stood next to her, observing as Kaitlin scooped the hot chocolate into mugs with precision.

Where did Ellie, Mo and Benny go? She thought, looking around the cabin for her other friends. And Ares and Tori? Kaitlin shrugged. Ares and Tori were probably making out somewhere, and Mo couldn’t be too far away. She was fairly certain she had seen Ellie and Benny go outside to get the cooler, and Ellie had probably gotten distracted. Selena peered out the window, watching as clumps of snow fell from the sky. So much for not having snow for the rest of the week.

1601661982754.gif
Kaitlin Garret
Location: Kitchen Interactions: Kio.exe Kio.exe Sostos Sostos CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf Jolly Roger Jolly Roger

Kait smiled at Selena and Darwin, finally having finished filling the mugs. “Thank you guys, I try” she told them, a small bubble of laughter leaving her as she watched George clean up the mess. While wearing slippers. She turned to Jun-Hui, and grinned at him. “Hi! It’s nice to finally meet you, officially. I’m Kaitlin, though you probably could have pieced that together by now,” she told him. “I’m not really a fan of hot chocolate either,” she added, pulling two more cups out of the cabinet. She filled them with ice and water, offering one to Jun-Hui.

Selena approached her, a devilish smile on her pretty face. Oh God, Kaitlin thought, here comes trouble. Selena asked when Kait was going to sing for them. Shoot. She had hoped she’d gotten out of that. Kait smiled at her, raising her brow. “I don’t remember ever agreeing to that,” was her only response, before she turned back to Darwin, George and Jun-Hui. To be fair, George did look cute in his slippers. It made him endearing. It seemed that everyone was starting to get their pajamas on. She should probably do that, but she’d wait a few minutes before.

It was snowing outside, much to her dismay. She hated the sticky white stuff, and she hated the cold most of all. I thought it wasn’t supposed to snow...she thought to herself, laying at the sky. Kait began cleaning up the mess she had made, putting away the milk, chocolate and sugar, before returning to the group. She was glad she had met them. When she’d first moved here from Australia, she had thought she wouldn’t make any friends. How wrong she had been!

1601674435469.png
George Carlton
The Jock | Location: Kitchen | Interactions: camlochan camlochan Kio.exe Kio.exe Jolly Roger Jolly Roger CommodoreOlaf CommodoreOlaf

"Darwin, I'm gonna have to level with you man. That joke was terrible. I love it." George said with a grin on his face and a chuckle. It was good to have someone making 'jokes' that didn't involve various acts done to various women by the other guys in the locker room, those were unimaginative and almost never funny where Darwin's jokes at least nailed the imaginative part... the other part was up for debate. "I request to be primary shareholder in this business, I'm committed."

The reviews of the hot chocolate were just shy of a standing ovation, so he had to get in on that liquid chocolate action as soon as possible. Honestly, when he began to think about how many calories he was going to eat over the course of their stay, he inwardly grumbled at the exercise he'd have to do to keep in shape. Oh well, the price to pay for having a body sculpted by the Olympian gods, woe is me. He briefly considered how hellish going for a jog would be if it continued to snow, and of course it was going to snow because fuck him.

He gladly took a mug filled with the good stuff after Selena nudged him, and lucky for her, it was good enough for him to graciously forgive her for using her non-slipper-clad feet, her main offence being not wearing slippers rather than the nudge. Honestly, she had just come out of the shower as well, but she was very clearly in the anti-slipper faction. He would have to radicalise the group before they left.

"Damn, this stuff is good - Kaitlin, here's a life lesson, never do something you're good at for free when you can monetise it, though I appreciate the freebie. You could run Elie dry of funds if you sold it to her. On that note, I didn't bring enough money for a live music show and I don't take charity handouts, so we might have to postpone that for when we can afford it." George himself had been taken advantage of for free manual labour due to his fitness, and he knew how much of a pain it was to be a performing monkey (not that he didn't mind the attention, it was fun to show off once in a while) and the girl seemed reluctant enough. He hoped she would warm up to everyone at some point and become comfortable to play of her own volition. "Let us know if you have some cheaper options on that guitar, we'll take you up on that." He was ever so slightly worried she would demand his super-cool-slippers as payment for the hot choc since she seemed to be eyeing them up.

When she poured some ice-cold water for herself and Jun-hui, he raised a skeptical eyebrow since he had a question on his mind. How does someone who doesn't like hot chocolate make such perfect hot chocolate? Witchcraft? She was Australian, and they might have had witches over there, I've never been to confirm after all. Maybe she did some recon on Jun-hui since she likes him? Maybe spring has come for our little brainy boy? They are both as likely possibilities as each other, he mused. Something about the teen mind made shipping and pairing almost compulsive, even with the most shallow evidence, in this case literally just drinking water.

20200924_174945.png

Ares Lancaster
Role: The Future Detective | Location: Bathroom |
interactions : camlochan camlochan Sostos Sostos Narcissy Narcissy TayMaiTer TayMaiTer

As everyone seems to be gathered around the kitchen, Ares slipped out and made his way to the bathroom, he didn't feel quite comfortable wearing those clothes since they were with him during the cleaning process. He takes the clothes off, he was quite a slim guy but seemed to hold himself a nice and well built body that he was very private about, which means that to most Ares is just a slim, tall guy. He turns on the shower, placing both hands on the wall he looks down, letting the water fall on his body. Eyes closed Ares is thinking, a wolf ? no, couldn't be. There were no signs of furniture moved and certainly an animal would mess up the cabin a bit. There were also no signs of forced entry, this wasn't a case of whatever but rather whoever did this.. someone who had access to the cabin, no previous guests could have done this, the owner would probably come back to check on the house before letting someone else rent it. The rabbit was killed after the owner checked the cabin and before they arrived, Which means...

He shakes it off, grabbing the soap and cleaning his body all around, he seems to stare at the wall, it could very well be a burglar which means Ares will have to be very careful at night, if his friends are in danger then he will be the first to be prepared for whatever is to come. A couple minutes later he leaves the bathroom, a towel covering everything it needs to cover, since there is no one upstairs he doesn't have to worry about someone seeing him. He doesn't stay on the hallway for too long and quickly enters his bedroom, grabbing a comfortable combination of sweatpants and a simple gray shirt. he messes with his hair a little until it looks to be good enough for his taste. Through the window he sees the night sky, it was getting dark, if the group was still going to do something than they should probably start it soon, unless of course, they stay up all night.

He walks out of his room, hearing some conversation coming from downstairs, he catches some of the people drinking a nice glass of hot chocolate and funny enough, Kaitlin was drinking water rather than her own creation, he smiles, walking towards the group of people. "I'll have one too, if you don't mind" he says, taking a cup of hot chocolate and drinking it, the taste was very pleasant, which made Ares let a very big smile escape his lips, deep down he was a big fan of chocolate and sweets in general. "This.." he says, shaking off the smile as if nothing happened "This is fantastic" he compliments the skills of Kaitlin. He had arrived at the perfect moment to hear her also rejecting the offer to play them some songs. "Well no one here will force you. But then, we shall put some music, maybe later, if I'm drunk, I'll play something on the guitar" he begins to finish his hot chocolate.

"Well friends, I say we get this party started, we should call the others, Elie and Benny are still outside ain't they ?" he walks to the door, opening it and looking for both outside, the cold enters the living room but doesn't seem to bother Ares that much, he looks back at the group and jokingly says "however, this party only accept people who use mighty slippers" he points towards his pair of black slippers and then at George's. "but I guess we can make an exception this time" he was far from being as good with jokes as Darwin was but sometimes he tried to do some, it was very weird for him to go around joking so it's rare to see him trying his piece at it.

Elentiya (Elie) Locke
The Bubbly One | Location: Outside | Interactions: Narcissy Narcissy Nobuzout Nobuzout

download.jpeg

Elie grips the handle of cooler, attempting to pull it from the truck bed. Eventually, the heavy thing crashes to the snowy ground. Items inside bounce together, glass clinking together. That didn't sound good... "Oops." She shrugs and gets ready to pull it back to the cabin.

However, right as she is about to put all of her small amount of strength into it, she notices Ares standing in the doorway. He must've showered, because he is all clean and in different clothes. Elie raises a hand in a wave, a big smile splitting her face. Ares is pretty cool. He tends to act like her dad though, which can be annoying. "You better have saved me a cup of hot chocolate, Ares!" she calls out. "Otherwise you and I are going to have a problem!" She giggles brightly.

The snow is beginning to fall heavier. She grins. Maybe we can have a snowball fight and build snowmen! That would be amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back