Idea NO HISTORICAL RP'S?

Prim & Proper

The Turnip Knight
HYPERVENTILATES

Where ELSE will I go to plop down my knight and start engaging in diplomacy and "courtly love" with the Queens and other lustrous ladies of the courts of the kingdoms?! I NEED MY FIX

I NEED IT BAD

but no seriously,

I've been searching for awhile now and I can hardly find any good historical RP's, or even historical fantasy RP's, and henceforth am extremely reluctant to post my own due to the fact that I doubt they'll get much attention. Any thoughts?

What specifically is your roleplay about and what do you need help with? We can't help you if we don't have the details. x3

If there is no such roleplay, then your only way out is to make your own.

As the popular saying goes:
Fléctere si néqueo súperos Acheronta movebo - If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell.” - Vergil

So, yes. If you want to be a Knight and do all that stuff, I suppose you'll have to make your own RP.
Tag me if you do.
I am really bored and a Medieval Historical RP about Knights and stuff doesn't sound that bad.

Aha! Aha! I have found people that might actually be interested in such a role play. Indeed, then, I suppose I shall make my own role play. I'm rather thinking of making either a roleplay about knights, knightly politics, war, questing, you know, all that good RPG fluff jazz, or alternatively, a ginormous fantasy RP with Elves, Dwarves, Humans (The Knights, of course, would mostly be human) and whatnot, set ahead of a medieval or renaissance backdrop with natural philosophy, dragons, war, and that sort of thing.

I'm not exactly sure which to do or how to go about it, though, so eh???

Historical accuracy isn't met with much support on here LOL. At least not in my experience.

Historical accuracy isn't met with much support on here LOL. At least not in my experience.

This is quite distressing, especially to a person who could sit down and enjoy a conversation about the fine art of politics during the renaissance for hours on end! Oh dear!

But no seriously, I looked at the fantasy forums and the Modern/Realistic forums and it was just a mess of "Slice of life", "Anime school!", "Super power High School", and other associated fields.

This is quite distressing, especially to a person who could sit down and enjoy a conversation about the fine art of politics during the renaissance for hours on end! Oh dear!

But no seriously, I looked at the fantasy forums and the Modern/Realistic forums and it was just a mess of "Slice of life", "Anime school!", "Super power High School", and other associated fields.
It is still an option to try to make an interest check. Who knows, maybe you have a better chance than previous rp'ers.

The thing with history is... history was ugly.

Historical accuracy led to butthurt members when I tried it.

I wish there were more historical RPs too... And not just medieval stuff (though that is cool). Occasionally you'll see somebody with a couple pairings listed in an Interest Check or will see some sort of war (usually one of the World Wars) in Nation-Building, but I think that's about it.

That said, though, I'd recommend posting it anyway. I think it would still get some interest, especially if you marked it as Historical.

Well not everything has to be historically accurate, I typically like to write in the style of history but in a non-historical setting, i.e. fantasy minus all the dragons and shite.

Anyhow, enough dithering and blathering, off to make an interest check!

EDIT: Where do I make an interest check? I'm new here!

oh dear, it does so seem that my interest check is much less successful than this post! i shall wither away and die, my hopes coming with me

aaaaa

I will say that I've had my fair share of reading about fencing techniques and studying manuals, but I wouldn't at the same time say I'm the master. Why do you ask?
There were a few I have heard about. One particular, I am not sure if it is written right. The murder strike?

The Mordhau technique, while not necessarily wide-spread, was certainly used at least relatively often, especially with large swords, sometimes as a precursor to the sort of "armored wrestling" that often took place on the battlefield, or if the duelists did not wish to resort to such primal means, simply a way to bash someone's skull in.

lol i'd wait a few days to maybe a week or two before callin' an interest check a bust. not everyone can get on at the same time and for something like this a lot of the people you're wanting are either just getting out of school or at work ( in the EST time zone anyway )

as to specific suggestions for success

I find it helpful to start out with what your expectations are in terms of participation
- are you looking for people who are active and can post multiple times a day
- are you looking for a specific post length
- are you looking for people who are self-motivated in terms of the story (i.e. who can make up their own plots rather than waiting for you to move the story forward )

Next have as section on setting
- in the case of historical roleplay what specific historical time period is this set in / based on
- how complete a knowledge do your roleplays need to have on this specific setting?
- i find links on over-views to be helpful for those who are not as familiar with the setting to get an overview

HYPERVENTILATES

Where ELSE will I go to plop down my knight and start engaging in diplomacy and "courtly love" with the Queens and other lustrous ladies of the courts of the kingdoms?! I NEED MY FIX

I NEED IT BAD

but no seriously,

I've been searching for awhile now and I can hardly find any good historical RP's, or even historical fantasy RP's, and henceforth am extremely reluctant to post my own due to the fact that I doubt they'll get much attention. Any thoughts?

Sadlee most peepl liak deh pouwurs rulpleis so contyent creeaters liak us donut get mutch atenshun.

In all seriousness I've tried to create a good WW2 or Vietnam war rp but no one joins.

Most of my RPs tend to be historically-based, and I've always found takers. Sometimes it takes a little longer if I'm looking for, say, an RP about Romans in Gaul vs a Medieval RP, so keep that in mind.

Also, I tend not to leap on hard details in my history searches like "the modern idea of knights and chivalry is just a line of BS made up by the Victorians! You better know that real chivalry was awful! "

Because that level of detail tends to scare folks off. So ask for what you want in a search, but don't go overboard.

:)

So if we were to do a knight based RP, would you mind my character being a Viking? I find Vikings quite fascinating and I actually know quite a lot about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back