• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nightmares of the Second Age

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I am thinking about a reboot of a game that ran for a while and died off. It is a group of First Age Solars and Lunars that were put in stasis back before the Usurpation and now awaken in the Second Age to try to reclaim what was lost so long ago. Character creation would be using the Established Exalt from DotFA with the changes made in the Errata, making you a fairly powerful group of Exalts. Once I have a few interested persons replying I will go ahead and post the details on character creation.

This would be a PbP game, not using the chat features of the site, with hopefully 3-5 players. Anyone interested?

Once more unto the breach, dear friends! I’d be happy to give this another go. Not sure if I would also bring the same character as last time, though.

Here are the numbers from the Scroll of Errata to be used in conjunction with DotFA
The Established Solar begins with 9/7/6 Attributes, 45 dots of Abilities after Training Abilities, 30 dots of Backgrounds, 35 Charms, five dots of Virtues, and 35 bonus points.

The Established Lunar begins with 11/9/8 Attributes plus two dots to spend in Caste or Favored Attributes, 38 dots of Abilities after Training Abilities, 20 dots of Backgrounds, 30 Charms and/or shapeshifting Knacks, five dots of Virtues, and 35 bonus points.

There is no requirement for anyone to play a perfect circle, and any combination of Solar/Lunar characters is fine. If you want, you can play a bonded pair of Exalts, but that is up to you. Finally, I'm still open for a few more people that might be interested, so if you know someone that might be a good fit, give them a nudge and send them this direction.

Forgot to add that we will be using the Errata rules for stuff like the four free dots of Specialties, starting Willpower of 5, and you start with Essence 4. I would like to see nominally good characters, too, not ones that are evil in nature.

I might be interested in running a character in this. Just need to figure out a good character concept and caste.

Well, feel free to collaborate on your characters to come up with the best team you can.

One house rule that I have always used is that whenever someone purchases a Sorcery or Necromancy Charm, you get a Spell of that Circle for free.

Any chance that we could use the Keyword: Hardy for the free Ox-Body Technique?

Last edited:
I can go with that.

New Keyword: HARDY
Each purchase of a Charm bearing this keyword works like a purchase of the Exalt's native version of Ox-Body Technique. This entirely replaces the Charm by that name; players lose those Charms and spend the refunded XP on Charms with the Hardy keyword.

No character may benefit from the Hardy keyword more times than their Essence score. An Essence 5 character with seven Hardy-keyworded Charms only benefits from the equivalent of five purchases of Ox-Body Technique until he raises his Essence score.

No character may receive the benefits of the Hardy keyword from any Charm not considered natural to his kind. Eclipses cannot learn Bruise-Relief Method and thus gain extra health levels, nor can a Malefactor grant extra health levels when bestowing Transcendent Desert Creature upon her followers as a mutation effect.

Charms which gain the Hardy keyword, by type:

SOLARS:

Body-Mending Meditation
Soul-Fire Resurgence
Rising Sun Renewal
Inner Fire Unleashed
Final Ray of Light
Unbreakable Warrior's Mastery
Enduring Mountain Method
Immunity To Everything Technique
Tireless Sentinel Technique
Invincible Essence Reinforcement
Durability of Oak Meditation
Spirit Strengthens the Skin
Iron Skin Concentration
Iron Kettle Body
Adamant Skin Technique
Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit
Element-Resisting Prana
Eternal Elemental Harmony

LUNARS:
Bruise-Relief Method
Halting the Scarlet Flow
Purging the Tarnish Silver
Indestructible Recursive Design
Steadfast Yeddim Meditation
Luna's Fortitude
Unstoppable Juggernaut Incarnation
Scorpion and Toad Absolution
Scorpion and Toad Immunity
Scorpion and Toad Mastery
Hide-Toughening Essence
Frenzied Bear Fortification
Armor-Forming Technique
Weapon-Trapping Body Dominion
Stone Rhino's Skin
Invulnerable Moonsilver Carapace
Native Son's Grace
(Direction) Mastery Technique
External Hide Perfection

You can get an Excellency of either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd for free with the purchase of a Charm. Any of the other Excellency's will require a separate purchase.

So I'm thinking of making a dedicated Sorcerer build, and have my character act as a sort of support/utility role within the party.

Depending on what kind of build we get from our other players, there is room enough for two spellcasters.

Solar, yeah.

Going for that pulp sorcerer type character who's always working in the background.

EDIT: Oh hey, maybe our characters were lab partners or something?

I just posted a request to start off a new Hosted Project for us. Lets see if it gets approved, or if we just get to post in the Dice section of the board.

Psychie Psychie I'm cool with that, although we may want to have our characters be somewhat estranged from one another, just in case they have clashing personalities.

Sherwood Sherwood You can just make your own dice forum if you don't want to do a hosted project. Your call, though.

I'm not sure what direction I want to go yet. Probably Dawn or Eclipse with the sorcery being covered.

Psychie Psychie you should of course play what you want, but keep in mind that as we have access to Essence 5, you're never going to be able to match a solar in Sorcery. Well, barring the Mantle of Brigid or going Akuma, but the former seems foolish to count on, and the second just plain foolish.

Arynne Arynne Do you have any more concrete ideas? As I recall, you played a lunar in both of the previous installments of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back