• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Next Freedom Fighters: Heroes Of Tomorrow (OOC)

This is where all the OOC chatter for Next Freedom Fighters: Heroes Of Tomorrow will go! If there's anything you wish to discuss about the RP, you may do so here!

This RP takes place in the Pre-Super Genesis Wave Archie Comics universe...
I don't know what that means. I DID have some Archie comics about Sonic the Hedgehog back when I was a kid (like 4 or 5 issues maybe), and I watched some of the episodes of the 90's cartoon series that had Sally (and no Amy Rose) as the female love interest. There was also a Walrus guy and a French Fox, and Bunny Robot. Mostly, I've just played the OG games on the Sega Genesis as my solid experience to the fandom.

The canon characters involved in the RP are Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega, Silver, Blaze, Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, Rotor, Nicole, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Mighty, Ray, Julie-Su, Sonia Acorn, Manik Acorn, Jacques D'Coollette, Belle D'Coollette, Lara-Su and Melody Prower. No extensive knowledge on the Archie Comics characters needed to join this RP. If you have any questions about the RP, just DM me and I'll try to answer them.
So I'm familiar with some of those names... like a small handful. But aside from very superficial video game stuff and what I can barely recall from the tv series, let's just assume I know little to nothing about 75% of those characters mentioned.

Rules
1. All OCs must be between the age of 10 and 18.
2. Couples are allowed, but please keep things SFW.
3. No overpowered characters.
4. Posts are expected to be at least a paragraph long in order to give all involved in the RP something to work with.
Okay, so I'm tentatively interested in this RP. I'm not like a mega-fan of Sonic the Hedgehog, but my kiddo has been really into it for over a year now, and I saw this RP come up and figured hey, why not? It's an interesting throwback to some childhood nostalgia.

I'd be interested in making a character that was a little bit roboticized. Like the Bunny Robot girl from the series. Only kinda Megaman-styled where the arm is a gun. Maybe some face cybernetics??? I dunno. I haven't quite decided yet, and I'm pretty sure I'm definitely NOT going to find fan art of something so specific. Especially if I don't want to be a rabbit.

What do you consider to be overpowered? Like, what if the arm gadgets weren't limited to just a blast cannon, and it had a grappling hook feature. What about robot rocket powered legs? How much is too much? Cause, quite frankly I'm not too well acquainted with the franchise in terms of what is considered "powerful".

Last edited:
I don't know what that means. I DID have some Archie comics about Sonic the Hedgehog back when I was a kid (like 4 or 5 issues maybe), and I watched some of the episodes of the 90's cartoon series that had Sally (and no Amy Rose) as the female love interest. There was also a Walrus guy and a French Fox, and Bunny Robot. Mostly, I've just played the OG games on the Sega Genesis as my solid experience to the fandom.
Well, with the Sonic Archie comics, there are two different runs of the comic. There's the OG one, which is known as the Pre-Super Genesis Wave run that most people know and remember the most, and there's the run that took place after a soft reboot of the comics, known as the Post-Super Genesis Wave run that lacks a lot of the lore and character that the OG run had. And yes, there was a walrus named Rotor, whom I've mentioned in the Extra Info section of the RP, there's Antoine, who's actually a French coyote, and not a fox, and there's also Bunnie Rabbot, a cyborg rabbit, like you mentioned. As I've mentioned, you don't need extensive knowledge on the Archie Comics to join this RP, but if there isn't anything you understand about the Archie Comics lore utilized in this RP, I'll gladly try and explain it to you.

So I'm familiar with some of those names... like a small handful. But aside from very superficial video game stuff and what I can barely recall from the tv series, let's just assume I know little to nothing about 75% of those characters mentioned.
As I've mentioned, you don't need extensive knowledge on those characters to be involved in this RP, but if you don't understand anything, I'll gladly try and explain it to you.

I'd be interested in making a character that was a little bit roboticized. Like the Bunny Robot girl from the series. Only kinda Megaman-styled where the arm is a gun. Maybe some face cybernetics??? I dunno. I haven't quite decided yet, and I'm pretty sure I'm definitely NOT going to find fan art of something so specific. Especially if I don't want to be a rabbit.

What do you consider to be overpowered? Like, what if the arm gadgets weren't limited to just a blast cannon, and it had a grappling hook feature. What about robot rocket powered legs? How much is too much? Cause, quite frankly I'm not too well acquainted with the franchise in terms of what is considered "powerful".
Well, Belle D'Coollette's robotic arm has a built-in laser cannon in the Mobius: X Years Later comics, so having a Mega Man like arm cannon for your character is definitely not something out of place for the universe this RP establishes. As for what I consider to be overpowered, I will allow your character's robotic arm to have more than one gadget, but please try to limit the amount of gadgets to three. As for rocket powered legs, that's something that is allowed as well, since both Jacques D'Coollette and Belle D'Coollette had a robotic rocket powered leg in the Mobius: X Years later comics, so that's something that isn't out of place in the RP's universe as well. That said, the ideas listed here are definitely sufficient for your character to make them powerful and keep their powers balanced simultaneously.

COOL! now... about a faceclaim... I'm either gonna hafta leave it as purely text description, draw it myself, or use Heroforge and try to make some semblance of it (though the art style will definitely not be Sonic-styled if i use that resource). lol

COOL! now... about a faceclaim... I'm either gonna hafta leave it as purely text description, draw it myself, or use Heroforge and try to make some semblance of it (though the art style will definitely not be Sonic-styled if i use that resource). lol
There are a few sonic picrews (character art making site) that you could use, none which would have robotized parts or anything but something to work off of.

If you just google "sonic picrew" "sonic the hedgehog picrew" I know theres at least a couple.

There are a few sonic picrews (character art making site) that you could use, none which would have robotized parts or anything but something to work off of.

If you just google "sonic picrew" "sonic the hedgehog picrew" I know theres at least a couple.
Thanks for the pointer. I'll look into it. I can always try to draw it myself, too. The style is simple enough to emulate. It's just finding the time (and quiet) to draw it out that will be difficult. lol

Also, AlexneushoornTheGreat AlexneushoornTheGreat please lemme know here in the OOCC about any changes that need be made to my submitted character. As stated before, My DMs are typically closed. Unless you really insist it be done that way, in which case I will need to initiate the PM.

Last edited:
Murdergurl Murdergurl So I took a look at Cassie's character sheet, and I see very few issues, and the issues I do see I will address in a moment. Her backstory is a bit on the dark side, but given that the Pre-SGW Archie Comics are based on Sonic SatAM, which was a dark story oriented show, her backstory makes sense within the universe the comics establishes. The only real concern I have with Cassie's character sheet is her broken psyche and her involuntary unhinging. Since her personality section mentions that she can target her comrades after running out of evil targets to fight, that could prove to be a problem for the Freedom Fighters. I'd perhaps suggest toning down Cassie's broken psyche to the point where she is still unhinged, but it could prove to not be harmful towards the Freedom Fighters.

Murdergurl Murdergurl So I took a look at Cassie's character sheet, and I see very few issues, and the issues I do see I will address in a moment. Her backstory is a bit on the dark side, but given that the Pre-SGW Archie Comics are based on Sonic SatAM, which was a dark story oriented show, her backstory makes sense within the universe the comics establishes. The only real concern I have with Cassie's character sheet is her broken psyche and her involuntary unhinging. Since her personality section mentions that she can target her comrades after running out of evil targets to fight, that could prove to be a problem for the Freedom Fighters. I'd perhaps suggest toning down Cassie's broken psyche to the point where she is still unhinged, but it could prove to not be harmful towards the Freedom Fighters.
Okies. Re-wrote it a bit. How about now?

jeez. So I was out for a couple days because my computer died and I was waiting for a part to come in. It's fixed now, but I was honestly really surprised that no one else has made any solid interest into this idea. I was worried that I was gonna get left behind... but it's like time stood still for me here while I was away. lol

It's not all that surprising to me, in all honesty. Sonic the Hedgehog is a pretty niche fandom, after all. Not only that, but most of the people in my age group that used to be interested in Sonic have grown up and moved away from the fandom. Not to mention, the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise has been doing rather badly for over a decade now, so that might also play into why there isn't a whole lot of interest in this idea. I'm still holding hope that we can make this happen, but at the same time, there's a big chance this won't work out at all.

It's not all that surprising to me, in all honesty. Sonic the Hedgehog is a pretty niche fandom, after all. Not only that, but most of the people in my age group that used to be interested in Sonic have grown up and moved away from the fandom. Not to mention, the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise has been doing rather badly for over a decade now, so that might also play into why there isn't a whole lot of interest in this idea. I'm still holding hope that we can make this happen, but at the same time, there's a big chance this won't work out at all.
To be fair, none of the group RPs that I've put my interest into over the last couple months have gotten anywhere. They either falter out in the recruitment phase or start up and immediately flop. So, the lack of interest isn't necessarily a subject matter issue. And is likely more of a commitment issue of the community at large.

To be fair, none of the group RPs that I've put my interest into over the last couple months have gotten anywhere. They either falter out in the recruitment phase or start up and immediately flop. So, the lack of interest isn't necessarily a subject matter issue. And is likely more of a commitment issue of the community at large.
Yeah, that probably explains why I've encountered so many issues with users ghosting me on this site; Commitment issues.

Yeah, that probably explains why I've encountered so many issues with users ghosting me on this site; Commitment issues.
I don't think it's an RPN issue. I'm across a handful of other sites (RPN actually being one of the more active ones) and they all have their own issues about getting RPs started.

Just so it is known. I'm interested in joining but am kind of swamped IRL right now.

I threw together a character sheet. It feels kind of basic compared with how long I've been wanting to make Lotus.

I've posted my character sheet, but it isn't finished yet because I did some good ol' procrastination and now its 3:40am! It shouldn't take too long tomorrow once I continue, as it's just a few things left to fill in. Also, I'm not too familiar with this era of Archie, so I left my oc's place of origin intentionally vague so as not to get anything wrong, though I don't think it's an important detail

Alright, thanks for submitting, guys! If your character is accepted into the RP, you'll find a heart on your Character Sheet, and if there's anything wrong with your character that needs to be fixed, I'll let you know in DMs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back