• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Newfound Lands - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Blacksmith and a bit of a tailor, although i mainly do pieces from books, comics , games and etc.
While the blacksmithing one is easier, the tailoring is way harder since you need accurate measurements of people you do it for, and most of time they are so far away that they do it themselves and give me the wrong measures most of the time. I have to do a lot of extra work to fix them.

That sounds awesome, mad respect!

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Those edits look good. I might have a place on the map in mind where those orc shamans could reside.

SleepyConley SleepyConley
Za looks good! Poor guy doesn't know what he's getting himself into at all.

Megilagor Megilagor Vanguard Vanguard RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread SleepyConley SleepyConley Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
How does everyone feel about the starting expedition being in the Dark Marsh? There's not much information about the regions yet so it would be difficult to have you all make a decision. But dw, the Dark Marsh is a fantastic place for team building exercises :')

The intro post will be characters either arriving or already at the relevant campsite. I'll have a follow-up post about the expedition objectives and other promised information either tonight or tomorrow. Depends how quickly I get through the study I've been putting off.
I love the dark marshes since its kinda a swamp. And i love swamps for their mystical and horror potential.

The Dark Marsh? Well can't say Ruvo would like to be "eaten alive by bugs" like the base camp's description for the location says, but then again team building exercises are important.

The Dark Marsh? Well can't say Ruvo would like to be "eaten alive by bugs" like the base camp's description for the location says, but then again team building exercises are important.
Don't worry Sally might have some herbs that work against bugs by repelling them or at least making their bites and stings less painful.

hi- I put a CS and this is to say sorry if its a whole lot I get carried away when im given free reign on making a character

Ruvo would appreciate any repellant or ointments for insect bites that may be offered.
Although do take the ointments with a grain of salt for Sally truly does not know how it could possibly stick to his feathers.

Although do take the ointments with a grain of salt for Sally truly does not know how it could possibly stick to his feathers.
Fair enough. Not everyday one encounters a bird man looking for something to soothe bug bites. Suppose it is a unique opportunity to see what works and doesn’t.

Hellooo everybody!! Everybody’s CS are so interesting! Let me comb through the lore page I’ll see what I can cook up.

Megilagor Megilagor Vanguard Vanguard RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread SleepyConley SleepyConley Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Femboy Femboy BFabulous BFabulous
There won't be an IC intro post up tonight, but it's coming soon! In the meantime he's some more explanation for how things will work.

First off Dexterity and Artisan guilds (for those of you with craft/trade based characters). Most characters with a trade or craft will eventually join one of these associations. Their level of competency (and thus rank in the Artisan guild) is determined by Dexterity. The current levels are as follows (but may change in future):
Novice: 0+ points​
Amateur: 50+ points​
Intermediate: 100+ points​
Advanced: 200+ points​
Expert: 300+ points​
Master: 400+ points​
Grandmaster: 500+ points​

It's worth noting that until reaching at least an Intermediate level, a character is unlikely to be given any official recognition for their work. There may be certain other advantages to Artisan guilds in future, but right now it's not the area of the RP I'm focused on developing.

Onto the more relevant stuff! There are three main ways points are awarded to characters--training, challenges and objectives.

Training
Training is just that. Characters stop to hone their skills for a period of time. It can be in the middle of an expedition, or in their down time between journeys. Once a character(s) start training they get +10 points per post up to a maximum of 50 in one setting. After that they have to face a challenge or reach an objective before training again.

Challenges
Challenges are anything that crop up along the way. An encounter with an enemy (winnable or not); difficult negotiations; crossing a dangerous environment. In most cases, characters don't even have to win the battle to get points, they just have to survive. Points are assigned based on difficulty (though I consider other things too) and are usually given equally to all who participate.

Objectives
Objectives are to help guide the expedition. They can be related to a personal character goal (that the whole group assists in), or assigned by the Crown. They usually relate to an undiscovered area or an issue in the region. Not all objectives have to be completed in an expedition. Only a few might be accomplished before the group grows weary and has to turn back. For example, current objectives for the Dark Marsh include:
  • Locate missing research teams (x3)
  • Obtain live samples of the following species:
    • Miasmic Toad
    • Mana Leech
  • ???
There will be more added later on along with the point rewards. I will take suggestions if anyone has them, though I can't guarantee they'll be accepted as an objective.

Last edited:
everyone's characters are looking fancy so far, so I'm looking forward to the RP with you people [especially since I remember I played with a few of you before.]
and just as i was about to post this our dear Sylphie gave us some info.
Thx Sylphie.

everyone's characters are looking fancy so far, so I'm looking forward to the RP with you people [especially since I remember I played with a few of you before.]
and just as i was about to post this our dear Sylphie gave us some info.
Thx Sylphie.
(´。• ω •。`)d

Likewise, I'm looking forward to seeing how this group develops!

-----

Femboy Femboy has made some changes to their character sheet for those who haven't seen yet.

RatKing RatKing Loving the updates you've done for Ruvo!
Lute - Ruvo's trusty musical instrument and the second he has ever owned after the first became waterlogged. Aside from a minor enchantment making the instrument waterproof it does not possess any other special properties.
This makes me sad though, his cherished first instrument unusable all because of that gosh darn side-quest :')

SleepyConley SleepyConley Hope Za can find meaning again :')
The idea of Ghost Elves is fascinating! I look forward to learning about them, and seeing that astral projection ability in action 👀

Name: Vyilkihild / Vyilki
Oeuchkhyunhilder, but Vyilkihild/Vyilki is her mother-given name. It translates into 'Heart of Gold'. The longer that she doesn't go by translates into 'Monument of the World to Come'.
Apologies in advance when I inevitably spell this wrong someday 🙏
In all seriousness tho, I like her story and objectives, watching her explore the variety of weaponry and the extent of magic will be fun to see!

---
The cast is looking great so far, I find it funny how many characters are lone-wanderers-from-tribe/people xD
With quite a few being from/near the north too, I can't help but look forward to seeing how they'll suffer fare in a scorching-hot desert/volcanic environment in the future ^_^

Loving the updates you've done for Ruvo!

This makes me sad though, his cherished first instrument unusable all because of that gosh darn side-quest :')
Why thank you! Ruvo's updates are in part stuff that happened after the Sacred Isles expedition like with the apprenticeship and also stuff that was thought up by bouncing ideas between Sylph and myself. Should be fun to see how it all goes.

And yea its a shame that his first instrument was rendered too damaged to use given its sentimental value. He does still have it, though it's now relegated to hanging on a wall as a display piece in his family home. Perhaps one day it shall play again.

----------
I too noticed that there a few from the Frozen North. For their sakes may the Wayfarers be merciful with assignments to tropical or desert like areas. On the other hand though, they would make for quite the formidable team of cold weather survivors amongst the Wayfarers I'd imagine.

Apologies in advance when I inevitably spell this wrong someday 🙏
In all seriousness tho, I like her story and objectives, watching her explore the variety of weaponry and the extent of magic will be fun to see!
Ty, second draft was definitely better. Anything that can be used as a weapon is probably a weapon.
With quite a few being from/near the north too, I can't help but look forward to seeing how they'll suffer fare in a scorching-hot desert/volcanic environment in the future ^_^
Vyilki does not fear warmth. She probably can't take the poofy coat for those ones tho, and will probably have a little temperature shock-

I'm wondering if I should bring Sally's trait here from my first RP of his.
What I mean is him saying unbearable puns based around bears which bearly count as puns, whenever he is stressed or excited about something.
The reason for this is simple, it's entertaining and challenging for me [finding bear puns or writing them myself for every occasion that is].
And the in RP reason is simple cause the person who effectively raised him kept on telling them like every other sentence, which is ironic since Sally doesn't know if that person is a human who randomly transforms into a bear or the other way around. [more about him to learn in RP.]

So I'm asking for your opinion peps?

What I mean is him saying unbearable puns based around bears which bearly count as puns, whenever he is stressed or excited about something.
The reason for this is simple, it's entertaining and challenging for me [finding bear puns or writing them myself for every occasion that is].
And the in RP reason is simple cause the person who effectively raised him kept on telling them like every other sentence, which is ironic since Sally doesn't know if that person is a human who randomly transforms into a bear or the other way around. [more about him to learn in RP.]

sounds beary interesting

My chara is going to be connected to the Cloak House, is there anything important I should know?

Megilagor Megilagor
It's always fun to see how different characters react to things like puns, so I'd say go for it ʕ •ᴥ•ʔゝ☆

Unrelated question: anyone know if bears live in swamps?

BFabulous BFabulous
Depends what sort of role you intend to play. Might be easier to discuss in PMs so I'll send you a message there.

Mainly black bears, brown bears, and spirit bears (the last one is not a real species its just a mutation that happens to both black and brown bears)

I'l be able to post around evening.

Last edited:

Go for it!
and spirit bears (the last one is not a real species its just a mutation
I look forward to hearing about them 👀

Mainly black bears, brown bears, and spirit bears (the last one is not a real species its just a mutation that happens to both black and brown bears)

I'l be able to post around evening.
and iv lied im too tired to write one today, will do so in the morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back