• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Newfound Lands - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sylph

Fickle
decuh5u-32fd8540-c0d9-4741-b8ae-ed36854fbf90.png

This is the OOC Chat. Questions and general discussion are welcome!

There may be the occasional OOC event for character development and worldbuilding.​

Two questions so far from me.
1. What are the viable races? Or should I rather ask it differently what races are a no-go? [Im asking this so I can get a general feel of what race I should pick and which to avoid when creating a character]
2. Are there any restrictions on what type of art to use for the appearance? [While I do try to write appearances its still my Achilles heel of RP]

Megilagor Megilagor
1. I don't have any restrictions for no-go races apart from what's in the rules (ie no fandom characters, historic figures, beings from irl religious texts, robots/sci-fi or extraterrestrials). Characters based on modern-day society or technology is the only other thing I can think of that I'd refuse. Otherwise it's free game. You can make up a fantasy race or choose from any of the established ones, even lesser used myths or monsters. The biggest thing to consider if they're something like undead or another oft-hated race is how they came to be accepted as a Wayfarer, whether that's by hiding their identity or pretending to be the 'companion' of another adventurer.

2. My opinion on appearances from an ethical stand-point is commission or self-made art/description > custom character makers > referenced art > non-referenced art. Most people aren't going to do their own art of course (myself included, even if I've tried to in the past), but I don't have any restrictions on the style or type of image that can be used as long as it doesn't break RPNation rules. Just no face claims.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
She's adorable! Also I'm terrified of her already.

I'm curious as to what her summoning affinity relates to? I don't think it was specifically mentioned.

Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
She's adorable! Also I'm terrified of her already.

I'm curious as to what her summoning affinity relates to? I don't think it was specifically mentioned.
If this is a One Piece RP like what she's usually in she would have 10 guns XD
She summon slimes, mostly to hydrate herself or being used as a living cauldron, which is why she only has 10 points on it

Lore thread is up!

If this is a One Piece RP like what she's usually in she would have 10 guns XD
She summon slimes, mostly to hydrate herself or being used as a living cauldron, which is why she only has 10 points on it
That is quite the formidable healer...

Blue slimes would suit the role well if that's the case. They're one of the few types that aren't acidic, and tiny blue companions would be very cute!

i will probably have to rewrite some of the CS so it read nicer but its essentially there.

Managed to get both the lore post about the new situation of the Pirate Lords and my CS up today after all. If my CS is at all confusing, it is my great pleasure to redirect you to the absolute essay of a lore post on the Pirate Lords. If it is still confusing after that, well, that would be incredibly unfortunate.

Key of stars the art in case you don't know who created the art you are using its TurtleMe creator of the "The Beginning After The End" manga and novel ,the character is named Tess.
And in case you knew that and for whatever reason wanted to keep it secret then sorry.

Key of stars the art in case you don't know who created the art you are using its TurtleMe creator of the "The Beginning After The End" manga and novel ,the character is named Tess.
And in case you knew that and for whatever reason wanted to keep it secret then sorry.

Ah, no, I did know that. Though I believe TurtleMe commisioned the art from an artist and I have as of yet not been able to find that artist.

That said, given that I am using art from the series, I do highly recommend people read The beginning after the end. It is a great novel.

personally i prefer the novels since its less waiting to read more.

Ah, no, I did know that. Though I believe TurtleMe commisioned the art from an artist and I have as of yet not been able to find that artist.

That said, given that I am using art from the series, I do highly recommend people read The beginning after the end. It is a great novel.
I mean I know the artist of the webcomic version is Fuyuki23 aka Duta Permana, and that he drew some of the novel covers and art as well although all other arts in the novel were commissions.

Key of Stars Key of Stars
Awesome to see the updated lore! The seas are getting much more dangerous. Aside from the feuding of current lords, there's probably a mad scramble among other crews to see who else can fill Wyck's position as a lord of the sea.

Alyssa looks great! This conflict of interest couldn't possibly go wrong...

Megilagor Megilagor
New character from Tir Na Nog!! That place has a lot of potential for lore so I'm looking forward to seeing how Sally develops.

Also I'm glad to see people making using of the Dexterity skill. I'll explain how that works with the Artisan guilds later today.

RatKing RatKing
The new development with the Arcane house is going to be fantastic

//Cackles in GM

Milby is dead

The Wizard vows vengeance on the cheese companies that led her to her untimely demise
Wizard doesn't exist because wizard doesn't have a character sheet :]

(Schrodinger's wizard??)

But yes death to cheese! Banned from Lantana

Ruvo's unique relationship with the Arcane House will indeed likely lead to some interesting interactions.

Now what's this I hear about Milby? Clearly they have simply burrowed underground awaiting the perfect time to pop back up.

I've yet to fully decide what character to make as I'm coming in new, but with all the pirate lore... Tempting.

Megilagor Megilagor
New character from Tir Na Nog!! That place has a lot of potential for lore so I'm looking forward to seeing how Sally develops.

Also I'm glad to see people making using of the Dexterity skill. I'll explain how that works with the Artisan guilds later today.

I mean Sally is a herbalist so creating his own brews, salves and etc from herbs is his job so if he isn't dexterous then welp. [Besides i mainly play crafters and I'm a bit of a crafter IRL so yeah]
And I picked Tir Na Nog since its a familiar place to me [from a few games and books so I couldn't say no to that]
Although it will take a while for me to figure out its lore to still retain the original lore and just expand it in the most neutral way.
As for Sally, this boy will develop in many ways as this tale spills forth some good some bad to achieve balance and fun.

One headcanon of mine is that Sally is just a short version of his name, for his real name is way too long for him to remember and hard to say.

Last edited:
Captain Vel who served under General Angora revealed herself to be The Wizards half-sister.
All he was came from an egg taken from Captain Vel's mother.
Nope. Vetoed. I'm abusing admin privileges. The flirty prison guard you made for me to play is not becoming his half-sister. Wizard can keep the dragon heart, but unless Vel's mother was a turtle he was not conceived by IVF either.

The Wizard joined the Wayfarers so General Angora could keep an eye on the organization.
I'm happy for Angora to have taken him in, but that's strike two for power-playing after Wizard auto-broke the magic resistant handcuffs in the last RP. He's a fun character but if there's a third instance I will kick. Please communicate beforehand if you want certain plot points to occur.

We can talk further about Angora's involvement in convo.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Those edits look good. I might have a place on the map in mind where those orc shamans could reside.

SleepyConley SleepyConley
Za looks good! Poor guy doesn't know what he's getting himself into at all.

Megilagor Megilagor Vanguard Vanguard RatKing RatKing Key of Stars Key of Stars Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread SleepyConley SleepyConley Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
How does everyone feel about the starting expedition being in the Dark Marsh? There's not much information about the regions yet so it would be difficult to have you all make a decision. But dw, the Dark Marsh is a fantastic place for team building exercises :')

The intro post will be characters either arriving or already at the relevant campsite. I'll have a follow-up post about the expedition objectives and other promised information either tonight or tomorrow. Depends how quickly I get through the study I've been putting off.

Megilagor Megilagor
Crafter irl??? I must know your trade!
Blacksmith and a bit of a tailor, although i mainly do pieces from books, comics , games and etc.
While the blacksmithing one is easier, the tailoring is way harder since you need accurate measurements of people you do it for, and most of time they are so far away that they do it themselves and give me the wrong measures most of the time. I have to do a lot of extra work to fix them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back