• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Newfound Lands - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
BFabulous BFabulous
I got sidetracked with posting yesterday so I forgot to mention Chiharu's sheet looks good! I included her appearance at the end of the last post so she's not left out of any info.

I'm not certain why her Dexterity is set -20 below average though? That implies she's either very clumsy or has difficult with fine motor control.

Femboy Femboy
Body affinities are often about self augmenting so it sounds like you're on the right track! It may also be a good second affinity for Chiharu ( BFabulous BFabulous ) given her ability to phase through walls.

There are no set rules on how affinities interact, but the general principle is they usually influence each other to an extent. So a body/lightning user might focus more on using lightning with weapons or in close combat to augment physical attacks, while a spirit/lightning user might summon lightning sprites to assist (similar to Nanalee's ice spirits). But there are no set combinations or anything, if that was what you were wondering.

Femboy Femboy
Body affinities are often about self augmenting so it sounds like you're on the right track! It may also be a good second affinity for Chiharu ( BFabulous BFabulous ) given her ability to phase through walls.

There are no set rules on how affinities interact, but the general principle is they usually influence each other to an extent. So a body/lightning user might focus more on using lightning with weapons or in close combat to augment physical attacks, while a spirit/lightning user might summon lightning sprites to assist (similar to Nanalee's ice spirits). But there are no set combinations or anything, if that was what you were wondering.
Yeah, the main general idea that I could think of is that she would imbue herself/her weapons with lightning, with since she's trying to find what weapon to use, she might possibly form things from lightning (that would likely last one blow, because it's not physical) alongside general lightning control/power. For some reason with her being big and having horns, I imagine her acting like a tesla coil/striking herself with her own lightning to enhance the area

As for specifically body affinity I'm not wholly sure but general self-improvement is probably the obvious thing. Going with the idea of modifying/changing her body and bodyparts is likely what the focus would be. Changing/improving bodyparts or maybe adding two extra arms for reasons

Femboy Femboy
The first paragraph looks good. However, a body affinity on its own focuses on boosting the physical capabilities of a person, not creation or transformation. Vyilki could do stuff like make lightning arms or proof herself against lightning damage with her body affinity, but she would need a secondary transformation ability to start modifying limbs or adding extra ones.

Mages with body affinities are incredibly durable though, particularly against their own element. For example if Wizard went up against another fire or ice mage and they had a higher magic stat than him, he could still be burnt or given frostbite by their attacks. If Vyilki went up against a lightning user stronger than her, she might not be able to hurt them with her magic, but they couldn't harm her either. It would be what allows her to channel a lightning strike without harm, whereas someone without a body affinity to support them would need to exercise greater care in trying to harness the environment.

Does that reasonable sense?

I'm actually having trouble with my affinities, kinda.
Like I know how earth and plant interact, I know what they can do, but so far my ideas that use both are rather high-level, or just straight up traps.
For example, golems are surely not something Sally can do at his level of magic [although he is studying and training to achieve it.]
But at the same time, the only low-level stuff that uses both of them is literally creating weapons or armour with them.
So I will have to think a lot about combining the two but in the case of using them separately, I have a ton of ideas so I will just roll with it for now.

I promised to make a post today and i did make it, albeit its not my proudest post since its a small one and not written as good, but I am a bit under weather right now so it has to do for now.

I promised to make a post today and i did make it, albeit its not my proudest post since its a small one and not written as good, but I am a bit under weather right now so it has to do for now.
I enjoyed it! (Hope you feel better soon bud) If Wizard didn't snatch the spear, might've had Nanalee snatch it up herself 👀

Seems like we have two weapon/armour creators in our midst, looks like we can save on equipment costs this expedition 😎

just give him better twigs/saplings of wood for better stuff. or really any other plant.
imagine a whip from poison ivy or gimpy gimpy.
and if you want a spear do tell he might make another one [but this time with less description]

Haha, Nanalee's actually quite alright on the offensive front, with her talons, ice magic, spirits, etc. There are others in the group that would likely better appreciate a sturdy new spear, though she'd never turn down a new weapon to add to her arsenal.

Rather, Nanalee lacks quite a bit in defence, since she relies on her agility. One hefty blow, especially if she's knocked out of the sky, and she's probably out for the count lol. Might be worthwhile to look into getting some light armour or something that won't hinder her mobility back in Lantana sometime.

well then give him some time and he might grow you some armor out of vines and other ivys like plants.
but Sally will try to get Nanalee to work with Sally for a bit, since well a real golem needs a spirit to drive it and not manual control from the person who made it.
so technically Sally is able to make mechsuits for Nanalee's spirits.

so technically Sally is able to make mechsuits for Nanalee's spirits.
This is such an amusing thing to imagine, I just love it. Mechas are always fun. But yes, seems there's some interesting overlaps in various character's skills and interests. Should be quite interesting to see how they may work together in the future.

Now on the topic of affinities and how they kind of influence one another. That sort of concept was actually the reasoning why Ruvo has the combo of Wind/Music. It sort of plays on the concept of how aspects of air like its density can have an affect on sound, but with a more fantastical element to it.

Sylph Sylph Oh thank you! I figured the Dexterity was more so for artisans and she is completely useless with he hands, outside of using weapons. I imagine she would get hurt in the field, bandage it herself and when she finally sees someone for it they tell her she almost lost a limb from cutting off its circulation! Although I do accept any and all critiques, as that shows room for growth.

So if I am understanding this correctly the Body attribute allows for the manipulation of the body and somebody with some skill with this magic would be able to not only strengthen their physical ability but also mix it with another attribute to allow their body to meld with a said attribute, correct?

BFabulous BFabulous
Negative attributes are below average, so if she is incredibly unskilled with finer details then that's fine. I wasn't sure since her CS didn't mention anything. Probably best not to let her cook hahah

So if I am understanding this correctly the Body attribute allows for the manipulation of the body and somebody with some skill with this magic would be able to not only strengthen their physical ability but also mix it with another attribute to allow their body to meld with a said attribute, correct?
Pretty much! Body by itself is purely strengthening and endurance, but with a second affinity it's able to do a whole lot more. It would be well suited to Chiharu melding with shadows, for example.

It's been brought to my attention that Ymir has a stick.
chibahni2.png

Wizard also has a stick so now the doggo has a conundrum.
Take Ymirs stick/ take Wizards stick/ take both sticks

Did you or Sylph draw that? Either way it's hecking adorable 🥺
Vanguard Vanguard did!!! He showed it to me beforehand, it's the cutest thing ever.

For the rest of the group, I'm planning to post tomorrow and we can get everyone moved out of the camp and into the marsh.

(Also lol, Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Key of Stars Key of Stars - love how both your characters target Nanalee for information gathering. She's going to need a crash course in espionage soon)

Vanguard Vanguard did!!! He showed it to me beforehand, it's the cutest thing ever.
That's awesome!! Vanguard Vanguard is so talented :bishiesparklesr:
(Also lol, Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Key of Stars Key of Stars - love how both your characters target Nanalee for information gathering. She's going to need a crash course in espionage soon)
She really is, being subtle is definitely not her strong suit xD

Honestly, reflecting back on what happened on Siren's Watch must seem so surreal to Nanalee. Pirate lords? Fairy king's daughter? Odyssey the goddess? All on her first quest! She'd probably wonder if she had heard/remembered anything wrongly from back then.

To think a Pirate Lord's daughter was standing right in front of her too...

i might be a bit busy the next few days, so a post will probably be only made around Thursday.
Update the post will be done by Friday, since i kinda need to get a new keyboard since it barely works now, and typing a bigger post on mobile is a pain in the rear, and the fact that shops are closed for the day.
And the fact i need to actually think about my response especially the part to wizard.

Last edited:
and it seems that i have lied about the time the post will be done by..... I'm just way to tired and iv already wrote so much today that i can hear my finger joints creaking. either way half of the post is ready so tomorrow if nothing goes wrong a post shall be done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back