• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New to site looking for partner to tell epic story with

Seldil

I like to follow what I call the story tellers covenant. This is "if you give me your time, in exchange I will promise to give you an emotional and impactful experience".

A quick bit about me I am in my mid 30s (married) and have been role playing for about two decades now. I have not played on a forum in a long time and usually play in person or over voice. Lately I have been missing role playing in written format so I made an account here.

For posting I prefer shorter more frequent posts I will usually be able post a minimum of one to three times a day but it may be more depending on how busy I am and how often my partner can respond.  There may be the occasional day when I suddenly get busy and don't post but these should be rare and not last more than a single day. As to post length I ask that you make each post as long as it needs to be. I don't really buy into the current trend that longer or more detailed posts are better. The content is what's important. I would rather have dense, meaningful, but short posts than six to ten paragraphs of fluff. That said if you actually need ten paragraphs to tell the story please do it.

As for spelling and grammar just make sure I can read and understand it.

I will probably only run one story at a time because I spend ALOT of time and effort (15 - 20 hours a week) developing the plot and characters. I may decide to play in games others run though.

Some information about the stories I tell:

If you like your plots or characters clear cut you won't be happy with me. No character in my stories is good or evil and no choice will be right or wrong. The villain simply has conflicting goals than you, and in his story you are the villain.

I have a love and talent for drama and conflict. I have been told that my stories leave the players feeling gut punched. I will give the characters situations that cause them the question their goals and morals. Sometimes this leads to the player questioning their own feelings. Some people don't like this but its something I think good stories in any media should aim for.

I do very little explicit sex and violence. I like to give the minimum details possible to get full impact and let the player's imagination fill in the rest. I feel you always get better effect this way as they know better than you what the find scary, offensive, enticing, ect.

That said it is important that I point out that my stories are often gritty and sometimes involve the worst of humanity. Although it may not be spelled out blow for blow over ten paragraphs there is a good chance that pretty much any trigger will be at least hinted at. If you have any triggers please let me know up front and I may be able to work with it. Most likely I will be looking for a player with no triggers or limits so as to not restrict the story.

I do relatively little romance. It will be a minor side plot in almost any story I tell but if you are here for that you will be disappointed with me. While I am on the subject feel free to tell me what gender parings you prefer or dislike and I may be able to accommodate them. Honestly though there will be so little of it it should not matter.

I will post more later but its way past my bed time. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. I am able to run fan fic or original stories. I have an original story based around witch hunting in a very unique setting and I will describe it in detail later if anyone is interested. Please note that since I'm only going to be running one game I may spend a bit of time talking to people who are interested to try and find the best match for me. I'll leave with a list of fan settings I'm familiar with. I will probably add to this as more pop into my head.  Feel free to make suggestions as I often run stories by request.

Book series

Wheel of time (ran two campaigns of this)

Stormlight archives (one game of this)

Codex Alera

The castes and the outcastes

Ravens shadow

The expanse

Lord of the rings

Movies / series

Battlestar Galactica (ran one game of this)

Firefly (one game of this)

Starwars (one game of this)

Game of Thrones (one game of this, yes it's a book series too but imo the books suck GRR is way overrated. Yes I know the expanse is written by his ghost writers.)

Rwby

Berserk

Moribito

Dune

Table top rpgs (many games of all)

DnD

World of darkness

Battletech

Shadowrun

Video games

Way too many to list. I've probably played it.

I have received questions about committing to long term games so I will answer it here for everyone. I would like to play in a long term (1 year or more) game but in my experience very few of these are completed, life just gets in the way. So I usually plan games to last 3 to 4 months with about as much content as a large novel. If we get to that point and want to keep going we can start "chapter 2". I just hate stories going unfinished. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back