• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic New Skies, New Home (Space Colony RP)

AxelVanDeriz

You and a group of nomadic space travelers have fled Earth to avoid an impending disaster. Headed for a planet In a nearby Galaxy found to support life in many forms. When you get there, the troubles begin and dangers present themselves quickly. starting with finding a decent place to establish the first colony, other problems soon arrive in the form of predatory alien creatures, food shortages, a new weather system to adapt to, among other things. After tentative testing and only 2 deaths by unknown pathogens, the group discovers 3 edible fruits, 2 vegetables, a few herds of different herbivorous animals, and several schools of various fish in the nearby lake and river.

Fruit:

Karrokua fruit: Resembling a smooth pineapple with edible skin, the taste is a combination of tantalizing sweet pineapple-cherry and mild spicy onion, this could be good for stir fry

Sweet-n-sour fruit: Known to be found only on the hotter days of each season, it looks like an orange, and tastes a combination of orange and lemon or lime

Moon Fruit : a fruit resembling bright blue bananas with a subtle glow at night. The group has found their taste is good to pacify noisy children, only found on warm nights with at least a half moon to light them up.

Vegetables:

Mito Peas : A meaty, hardy variety of what seem to be legumes. Packed with protein and fiber, paired with a Karrokua fruit and possibly Purko Root, would make an excellent stir fry.

Purko Root the crunchy sweetish taste of carrots and corn meets the starchiness of a potato. A good staple veggie for harder times of the year. Shaped like a carrot with yellow skin and slightly thicker girth.

Fish

River fish
Guba fish :The equivalent of salmon with a slightly higher calorie and protein content. Full of essential oils to keep skin healthy and the mind sharp.

Shlunksy River eel : Longer body than the Guba, not as pretty, but weighs roughly the same with the same nutrition.

Lake Fish
Pink Coral Lake shrimp : Just like the jumbo-sized shrimp in our home world supermarkets except pink when raw, and turn red until cooked to a bright scarlet like a cooked lobster.

Muk Fish a strangely tasty bottom feeder with a slight chicken-like flavor. About the length of your hand, but meaty they make a good single-serving meal.

The herd of herbivores //Currently two known herds of herbivores have been sighted in and traveling near the area.//

Pearltusk Resembling the wild boar with enough meat on one average adult to feed 20-25 people, they also have plenty of fat to use for Oil for lighting torches of various types. Often traveling in smallish herds with 3 adult females and 1 male and any Pearlets they may have. Males generally weigh 1/2 as much more as females, so yield most meat.

Nishka Hopper Resembling large jackrabbits with plush fur and a decent yield of meat for one good meal each. Pair this with Purko Root and Mito Peas, and Purko Flour mixed into the juices, add a bit of water and you got a delicious pot of Hopper stew. Generally travel in larger groups of 10-14 with 2 or 3 around the area keeping eyes, ears and nose out for danger while the others graze in the tall tender grass leaves.

water The water is similar in molecular structure as fresh water back on Earth, it can be consumed.

A list of items brought:

Low-power usage power tools with spare batteries to last several months
metallic resources to build generators, solar panels, wind turbines and other important structures
[more to be added]

Days are generally longer no matter which of the three seasons is currently active. Generally daylight lasts from 14-18 hours, and darkness generally 6-10 hours. Generally a 24 hour day.

Plant Life average plant life includes everything from a lush forest to sparsely vegetated scrubland on this planet. since there are no deserts known of, there is generally either a lot of, or just a little plant life.

Other This world is on average nearly twice the size of Earth, there may be contact in the future, The three seasons are planting, growing, and harvesting (No official names) and each season generally lasts for 4 or 5 months. The climate is mild in planting, warm and humid in growing, and cool in harvesting.

The Krys

The Krys are sentient crystalline creatures. So far of six known varieties, they can astral-project themselves and are known to possess both animals and people.

the six varieties are: Spirit (pale blue, nearly white), Corporeal (silver glow), Ethereal (light pink), Translucent (very light green), Energy (bright yellow) and Time (lilac) Krys.

So yeah, this is my beginnings of a colony RP. If you'd like to help out, post here or message me. I could use 1 or 2 Co-GMs to decide what else we can add so far. We can also set up a discord channel if needed, So if you would like to help, let me know.

Last edited:
So, you are trying to make a complete new world, with new flora, fauna and wild life and build a colony in that world? Lofty ambition and not completely uninteresting to me.
I think I will be along for the ride to glory or to the bottom of the sea. Both are a possibility.

awesome, so including myself, 3 people... 2 or 3 more would be awesome before anything happens though. Also, would either of you be willing to be a co-admin? If not, I may (or may not) know someone who would be...

awesome, so including myself, 3 people... 2 or 3 more would be awesome before anything happens though. Also, would either of you be willing to be a co-admin? If not, I may (or may not) know someone who would be...
maybe.
but what will the colony, in technology, construction, tools, be like?

Well, only essentials were brought, since they found the new home planet has wood that can be used in construction, stone, etc. So, they brought tools, rations and minimalist technology to start since most tech was found not to work on the new planet. they'll have to redo most of the tech, but they brought what they know will work. Basically, they brought guns, with enough spare ammo to last until they find some sort of metal deposit areas, as well as some of the group preferring the more natural route, you could say they 'reverted' willingly to a simpler lifestyle. If you have much in the way of suggestions though, I'd appreciate whatever you have. :)

So far this is promising. But what is the reason that most of the technology such as power saws, and things won't work on the planet? If it's an issue of power, they could have brought power generators and solar panels and things to generate power. I don't think that they would come to this new planet without quite a few of the luxuries of Earth if they didn't have to. Oh, and let us not forget wind power, they could have brought the things needed to build turbines.

One thing to be said about the human race(myself included of course), we love our luxuries, especially the ones that make our lives easier to live and do things. AxelVanDeriz AxelVanDeriz

Maybe no net gain. You could have more or less a bio-dome, where temperatures are regulated, but outside of it, it will be to hot for generators.
Windmills will burn, solar panels will melt, etc, etc. So outside of the dome, only extremophiles live. It could also be extremely cold, no wind, dust clouds everywhere or something like that.

It's more an issue of most things we have here (such as internet, cellular phones, etc.) will have no way to be of use, honestly. At least for a time.

IMO this RP would be more interesting the less super cutting edge space technology we have, but guess that should go up to "popular vote" XD

The idea kinda reminds me of the game "Unclaimed World".

Forgive the upcoming barrage of technical questions, but I need a bit more information to make a decision.

Obviously this planet is in the 'goldilocks zone', but what is the spectral class of the star it is orbiting?
How tectonically active is this world?
Does it have any moons?
You mentioned it is about twice the size of Earth. Is it of comparable density? If so, how much higher is the gravity?
Humans obviously need some tech toys to start a viable colony, as well as a viable genetic base. Will the characters be part of a larger colony of 'red shirts' or will there be some other method of providing genetic diversity, ie frozen genetic materials?

Spectral class... I'd say either a G or K. I'll defer to my currently only co-GM on what they think would be a better fit.
Tectonically active, I'd say about as active as Earth was during pangea.
It has 2 moons, but they're further away than what we're used to on Earth, since the sun for this planet is slightly closer.
The air density you mean? It's manageable for us humans, it'll take a bit of getting used to, but it is manageable. their isn't too much difference in gravity, you may not jump /as/ high, but you can still jump and the gravity will still keep you tethered.
I'm unfamiliar with the term 'red shirts' but there will be a very diverse genetic material pool to start with. As there won't be just player characters, there'll be NPC colonists (played by the admins) as well as the frozen genetic materials just in case the calculations were wrong.

From your questions, I can't help but wonder if you wanted to be a Co-admin?

Alright, we decided on class G2V, the same as our sun, but the planet is just a couple million miles closer. The moons are comparatively in the same spot as our moons, so a about a million or so miles further from this new planet, which explains the seasons.

Thanks for the answers, but I wasn't clear enough about the gravity. Since gravity is a function of mass, for this planet to be twice the size of Earth we would be trying to adapt to a 1.5 to 2 G field. Not impossible, but highly difficult unless we adapted ourselves with body modifications.

Thanks for the answers, but I wasn't clear enough about the gravity. Since gravity is a function of mass, for this planet to be twice the size of Earth we would be trying to adapt to a 1.5 to 2 G field. Not impossible, but highly difficult unless we adapted ourselves with body modifications.
its an fictional rp. not everything has to be realistic.

I agree with Guul, actually. Doesn't have to be super-realistic. I'm going for trying to be fun, not trying to show what I know about alien planets, which, a majority of the OP info is made up anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back