News New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
We are back from the downtime and if you can see this it means your DNS updated.

Please let us know if you experience any issues on the site or if its faster for you via this thread :) !

What is the difference? I can't feel or see anything different in the site :o

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We are back from the downtime and if you can see this it means your DNS updated.
Please let us know if you experience any issues on the site or if its faster for you via this thread :) !

[/QUOTE]
why is the posting section on all of the users blank? o^o

Thank you for providing the link to flush my DNS and keeping us up to date. Made getting back on easy peasy! Thanks for the hard work and it looks great!

[QUOTE="Amanda Rose]why is the posting section on all of the users blank? o^o

[/QUOTE]
Copperkirin21 said:
I can't use the search bar and yet everything else works fine. Is that because of the switch?
I'm not DWiz or any of them, but as far as I know, any time the site goes through some sort of update in which there's downtime, the search function seems to go all weird and not show any results until someone fixes it.

Don't rage at me if I'm wrong though, majestical dark wizard of the worlds over and under known as DWiz! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Copperkirin21 said:
I can't use the search bar and yet everything else works fine. Is that because of the switch?
The search bar is rebuilding the data on the site for searching, will be done in a bit.

[QUOTE="Amanda Rose]why is the posting section on all of the users blank? o^o

[/QUOTE]
I don't know what you mean.

[QUOTE="The Doorman]No problems here whatsoever!

[/QUOTE]
I'm glad :)

Namie said:
Thank you for providing the link to flush my DNS and keeping us up to date. Made getting back on easy peasy! Thanks for the hard work and it looks great!
No problem, glad it worked for you :) !

[QUOTE="Yuuki Kuran]Does anyone know how to flush a dns on a kindle?

[/QUOTE]
No sorry.

Me and my friend are having real problems with this "flushing" thing. I'm having to reply with my phone because it's the only device that will let me one here. We are getting frustraited because the directions don't help us at all. We both have Macs btw. If we could get some sort of help, that would be great!

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We are back from the downtime and if you can see this it means your DNS updated.

[/QUOTE]

that was hell, im using an ipad for this site, and that link that you provided for the DNS crap, it was only for Computers and laptops and all that other stuff. Nothing in there about ios or tablets or even a phone. I had to screw around just to figure out what to do, I disconnected my device from the wifi, cleared my browsing cache via the safari settings, then reconnected and now it worked, took a while though. I dont know what an DNS is, nor do I care to know, all I can say is going through that process was annoying.

Lepolarleopard said:
Me and my friend are having real problems with this "flushing" thing. I'm having to reply with my phone because it's the only device that will let me one here. We are getting frustraited because the directions don't help us at all. We both have Macs btw. If we could get some sort of help, that would be great!
Since you can't get on without using your phone I don't want to waste your time explaining etc.; here's the link I used for finding which code to put in the terminal. After looking at the link supplied by RPNation, I found this to help out. Reset the DNS cache in OS X - Apple Support

[QUOTE="Hollowed Kadaver]that was hell, im using an ipad for this site, and that link that you provided for the DNS crap, it was only for Computers and laptops and all that other stuff. Nothing in there about ios or tablets or even a phone. I had to screw around just to figure out what to do, I disconnected my device from the wifi, cleared my browsing cache via the safari settings, then reconnected and now it worked, took a while though. I dont know what an DNS is, nor do I care to know, all I can say is going through that process was annoying.

[/QUOTE]
DNS is the process which tells your device that rpnation.com points to a number (an ip addres), its nothing we control..

Anyone still having issues will just have to wait it out, its something that automatically resolves itself eventually could be hours, maybe up to three days but will eventually resolve itself.

Had a little blip, deleted cookies and now it's all good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]DNS is the process which tells your device that rpnation.com points to a number (an ip addres), its nothing we control..
Anyone still having issues will just have to wait it out, its something that automatically resolves itself eventually could be hours, maybe up to three days but will eventually resolve itself.

[/QUOTE]
I would've actually preferred an email in all honesty, an email stating what was gonna happen with the site and stuff, I know yall have a twitter, I dont, i stay away from that, in fact i try to stay away from most forms of social media.

[QUOTE="Hollowed Kadaver]I would've actually preferred an email in all honesty, an email stating what was gonna happen with the site and stuff, I know yall have a twitter, I dont, i stay away from that, in fact i try to stay away from most forms of social media.

[/QUOTE]
We announced a day in advance and even sent out an mail and several site alerts and a FLOATING popup that followed you until you dismissed it

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]We announced a day in advance and even sent out an mail and several site alerts and a FLOATING popup that followed you until you dismissed it

[/QUOTE]
Sorry technically two days because we announced it on Thursday to do on Friday but that got delayed till today which we also posted about.

I did have one question (I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask) but it is requesting a DNS reset/update on my friend's device, however she is running on data? I just thought that DNS was strictly a wifi issue and we aren't sure where to go from here. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back